Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 433021 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 08:51 - Mar 13 with 2196 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 08:45 - Mar 13 by Vincent_Vega

And this is different to a standard rugby international day how?

Er, standard international days have never been under the cloud of pandemic situation.

Apart from that they are probably the same.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 09:05 - Mar 13 with 2167 viewsSgorioFruit

Can someone tell me why the UK government are still allowing flights from Italy to land daily here in the UK?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 09:17 - Mar 13 with 2144 viewsbuilthjack

Corona Virus on 09:05 - Mar 13 by SgorioFruit

Can someone tell me why the UK government are still allowing flights from Italy to land daily here in the UK?

It's absolutely ridiculous" All passenger flights in and out of the country should be stopped immediately.
A friends son was in Hong Kong 6 weeks ago, USA a fortnight ago, and Spain last week.
His meetings could be done via video conferencing, but they insisted he got there. He works for Amazon by the way.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Corona Virus on 09:28 - Mar 13 with 2124 viewssherpajacob

Corona Virus on 09:05 - Mar 13 by SgorioFruit

So they can travel onward to the USA.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Corona Virus on 09:45 - Mar 13 with 2093 viewsEbo

I am going to tell my boss today that we really think he should be tested (as well as us). In the past 6 weeks he has run a marathon in Barcelona (in a crowd of thousands of sweaty people) and been to Amsterdam and the South of France.

If he does not then he is being very f ucking stupid.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Corona Virus on 09:51 - Mar 13 with 2084 viewsMrSwerve

Corona Virus on 20:16 - Mar 12 by Neath_Jack

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

Poor show, NJ. Most people would be on their knees after a couple of weeks in the education sector. Thankfully I don’t work in secondary education as it really is a difficult job. People are working very hard for the future of our children, often out of their own pocket.

Anyway, back to the virus.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Corona Virus on 09:54 - Mar 13 with 2082 viewsMrSwerve

Also, I didn’t believe any of this ‘shortage’ hype but went to tesco this morning and not a single toilet roll there. Never seen the tins aisle so busy. People stocking up on seemingly random things just because it’s food.

The apocalypse is coming.

I also don’t think that Boris saying that we are ‘4 weeks behind Italy’ was a good idea. That’s basically saying to the plebs that you’ve got 4 weeks to hoard as much shit as you can before we lock down.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 9:54]

Corona Virus on 09:58 - Mar 13 with 2073 viewslifelong

Interesting.
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.09.20033217v1.full.pdf
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 09:59 - Mar 13 with 2072 viewsMrSwerve

Corona Virus on 17:25 - Mar 12 by dickythorpe

There's no interest for me now with other games being off.

They should create the ‘Coronavirus cup’ just for this game.

Corona Virus on 10:25 - Mar 13 with 2013 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 09:45 - Mar 13 by Ebo

I am going to tell my boss today that we really think he should be tested (as well as us). In the past 6 weeks he has run a marathon in Barcelona (in a crowd of thousands of sweaty people) and been to Amsterdam and the South of France.

You lot can't decide that he needs to be tested. You have to be sent there after having consultation with 111.

Chances are he won't be tested now, even if he shows symptoms of having it. They are just accepting that people are going to get it, so just self isolate.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 10:34 - Mar 13 with 2000 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

UK Govt advice explained.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/12/uk-governments-coronavirus-advice-

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 10:44 - Mar 13 with 1984 viewshobo

Corona Virus on 09:54 - Mar 13 by MrSwerve

Also, I didn’t believe any of this ‘shortage’ hype but went to tesco this morning and not a single toilet roll there. Never seen the tins aisle so busy. People stocking up on seemingly random things just because it’s food.

The apocalypse is coming.

I also don’t think that Boris saying that we are ‘4 weeks behind Italy’ was a good idea. That’s basically saying to the plebs that you’ve got 4 weeks to hoard as much shit as you can before we lock down.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 9:54]

4 weeks is another thing he got wrong. It's more like a week. 10 days at most
Corona Virus on 11:01 - Mar 13 with 1963 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 08:28 - Mar 13 by dickythorpe

Exactly, it's meaningless now as most are all "wound up" and more concerned in stocking up on pasta and tinned items.
There will be the "couldn't give a toss as I've no symptoms" brigade.

Interesting times ahead.

It seems like we are split into 3 groups, the carry on regardless, the panickers and the carry on while taking sensible precautions group.

What puzzles me is the reasoning around not stopping major events and keeping schools open.
They reckon there's no evidence it will have a positive effect to close those down but how does that fit in with the statement that being within 2 metres for 15 minutes (of an infected person) gives a high probability of getting it? At any sports stadium, concert venue or in school one person is within 2 metres of several other people for much more than 15 minutes. At the Liberty, in your seat you could have 10 people within 2 metres and if you go down for food or drink you could have 20 others within that. In a classroom for a one hour lesson one infected person could infect the whole class.
At Cheltenham today they are expecting thousands, people mingle, stop to watch the races then move around again, the potential for transmission seems obvious and they have been saying the Corona virus is quite easily passed on.
I can understand why people are dubious about the official line.

It's just a thought but Sky, BT, Virgin. they would have a major PR coup if they came out and said play the games behind closed doors and we'll show them free for the next 6 weeks. If they played a major part in helping life carry on as much as possible AND put people over profit during this we'd all think better of them, wouldn't we?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 11:58 - Mar 13 with 1905 viewslegoman

"Legoman's Favourite Quick Pasta Recipes" now available on Amazon and in all good bookshops

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Corona Virus on 12:08 - Mar 13 with 1885 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 23:35 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

It’s not a case of I believe them and you don’t. I have no idea whether they are right or not. And neither do you.

I just have no idea what we do other than believe them.

I do know that the CMO knows more than either of us.

And the knowledge on stuff like symptoms, when people are infectious or not and containment is changing daily.

A few weeks ago they swore blind that it could be passed on by asymptomatic people. Now they know that’s untrue.

If you believe that isolation is best then isolate.

None of us know. We can only do what we think best.

But please don’t assume that a few hours on the Internet means you have any idea whatsoever.

You don't seem to understand that these so called experts and the UK Government are going against all the advice and knowledge of all the countries that have had it worse than us.
That includes most European countries on a par with us as well, they are all taking sensible precautions while our lot just flounder around.
Self isolation for 7 days is useless.
As to your statement "A few weeks ago they swore blind that it could be passed on by asymptomatic people. Now they know that’s untrue. "
A study in Germany shows exactly the opposite, as soon as the virus multiplies in the victims throat they are very contagious, unlike older versions of COV.
So I believe what I want to believe, like this study.
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-could-be-most-contagious-before-symptoms-

Or Prof Ashton who was on BBC QT last night
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8108091/Public-health-expert-Professor-

This is the reality of how it should be treated
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8108315/Grand-Princess-cruise-British-c
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 13:13]
Corona Virus on 12:16 - Mar 13 with 1868 viewslegoman

Useful stats.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

UK has a much lower incidence than a lot of Eurozone countries.

I don't believe we were four weeks behind Italy at the start of the outbreak and so there could be something in the way the UK is dealing with this.

Just because "everyone else" is acting one way doesn't mean it's right.

I am looking to reduce my social interactions and I have told elderly relatives to stay at home as much as possible and not use public transport.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Corona Virus on 12:21 - Mar 13 with 1854 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 12:08 - Mar 13 by A_Fans_Dad

You don't seem to understand that these so called experts and the UK Government are going against all the advice and knowledge of all the countries that have had it worse than us.
That includes most European countries on a par with us as well, they are all taking sensible precautions while our lot just flounder around.
As to your statement "A few weeks ago they swore blind that it could be passed on by asymptomatic people. Now they know that’s untrue. "
A study in Germany shows exactly the opposite, as soon as the virus multiplies in the victims throat they are very contagious, unlike older versions of COV.
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-could-be-most-contagious-before-symptoms-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8108091/Public-health-expert-Professor-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8108315/Grand-Princess-cruise-British-c

That's the problem, different experts saying different things. This link dertainly says asymptomatic people can transmit the virus.

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/03/02/asymptomatic-coronavirus

I'm still sticking with the take sensible precautions but carry on as normal as possible line. So I'm washing hands a lot, not getting any closer than necessary to people, not touching my face etc.
My completely non expert opinion is that many more people than they are admitting already have the virus and we just have to ride it out. Social distancing is about all we can do.
Ultimately we'll all make our own decisions and take our chances, then we have to live with the consequences. So right now I'm going to take the dog for a walk and not get within 10 feet of other dog walkers.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 12:26 - Mar 13 with 1846 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 12:08 - Mar 13 by A_Fans_Dad

What the hell is the matter with you?

You think you’re the only person that realises that our scientists are taking a different approach?

Never!

You’re an idiot.

It’s clear that our strategy is different. Most countries are adopting an approach to attempt to limit infection. We are taking an approach to limit deaths from infection. No one knows which is right.

The view of our people is that you can’t prevent infection. As the quarantine measures have to lift at some point this year and when they do it just comes back. So they want it to spread as slowly as possible to build immunity while limiting death as far as possible,

You talk about ‘so called experts’. No one knows whether they are right or wrong, but one thing’s for certain, they know more (as one is a world expert on infectious disease and the other one led the research team of one of the world’s biggest pharmaceutical companies) than a bloke who worked for Ford.

People like you are dangerous as you always believe you know more than experts. About everything. Climate change, the economy and Brexit and now this.

Stop being so bloody arrogant. You think they don’t know what’s being done and you do because you’ve seen it on the Internet. Ffs.
Corona Virus on 12:27 - Mar 13 with 1842 viewslondonlisa2001

You can’t just say ‘get tested’. No one can ring up and ask for a test unless they meet certain criteria.
Corona Virus on 12:47 - Mar 13 with 1803 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 12:27 - Mar 13 by londonlisa2001

You can’t just say ‘get tested’. No one can ring up and ask for a test unless they meet certain criteria.

I already told him that.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 12:50 - Mar 13 with 1800 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 12:27 - Mar 13 by londonlisa2001

What if they ring up and say "I meet certain criteria."?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 12:52 - Mar 13 with 1795 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 12:47 - Mar 13 by Neath_Jack

I already told him that.

Sorry - I only saw your post afterwards!
Corona Virus on 12:54 - Mar 13 with 1792 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 12:50 - Mar 13 by Highjack

What if they ring up and say "I meet certain criteria."?

What criteria?

They said yesterday that they aren’t going to test in the community any longer but test in hospitals etc instead if I remember correctly.

That’s why they’re saying anyone with a cold or similar, stay inside for a week. They won’t know whether it was a cold or the virus unless symptoms get serious (I think anyway). They’ll never know.
Corona Virus on 13:01 - Mar 13 with 1774 viewsThrasher6

From the CDC, and I quote....about the 2018/2019 Flu season....

"Even still, high early-season vaccination rates and a relatively effective annual vaccine appeared to help suppress illnesses. In total, the CDC estimates that up to 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalized and 61,200 died. That’s fairly on par with a typical season, and well below the CDC’s 2017-2018 estimates of 48.8 million illnesses, 959,000 hospitalizations and 79,400 deaths."

Full article here
https://time.com/5610878/2018-2019-flu-season/

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Corona Virus on 13:07 - Mar 13 with 1752 viewsThebus

Typical snowflake.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024