Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 432830 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 20:10 - Apr 7 with 1630 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:10 - Apr 7 by MrSwerve

Police stopped my mother while doing spot checks at a local Tesco and said no more than 1 adult per car...is this true? Not heard it said anywhere else...

Not if both adults live in the same house.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 20:23 - Apr 7 with 1600 viewsMrSwerve

Corona Virus on 20:10 - Apr 7 by exiledclaseboy

Ah, cheers...that’s what I thought. The policeman apparently sounded like he meant any 2 adults...odd.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Corona Virus on 20:50 - Apr 7 with 1555 viewsFlashberryjack

Corona Virus on 20:23 - Apr 7 by MrSwerve

Ah, cheers...that’s what I thought. The policeman apparently sounded like he meant any 2 adults...odd.

Thought it was only 1 shopper at a time.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Corona Virus on 20:54 - Apr 7 with 1545 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:50 - Apr 7 by Flashberryjack

Thought it was only 1 shopper at a time.

Most supermarkets are only allowing one adult in at a time.

Corona Virus on 21:03 - Apr 7 with 1532 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 20:54 - Apr 7 by exiledclaseboy

That's a bit misleading tbh. It may be one in one out, but there is no way supermarkets are only allowing one adult/shopper in at a time.
Corona Virus on 21:07 - Apr 7 with 1512 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 21:03 - Apr 7 by Garyjack

That's a bit misleading tbh. It may be one in one out, but there is no way supermarkets are only allowing one adult/shopper in at a time.

Ha yeah probably badly worded. I meant one adult per household. So if me and the Mrs were queuing together to get in they’d only allow one of us in. It’s fairly easy to get around mind if you both queue separately.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 21:43]

Corona Virus on 21:10 - Apr 7 with 1498 viewsLeonWasGod

Police stopped my mother while doing spot checks at a local Tesco and said no more than 1 adult per car...is this true? Not heard it said anywhere else...

The only guidance for both UK and Wales in "shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible". There's nothing on the number of people allowed.

Supermarkets have been introducing their own rules to limit number of adults, as they're obviously wanting less people in the shops. That seems sensible, and they'd be able to enforce that through their own private security. I don't think the police should be enforcing such a rule, as it's not set in law or the national guidelines (but I could be wrong, and common sense says, don't do it unless you have to as you're depriving someone else of a space in that shop).
Corona Virus on 21:16 - Apr 7 with 1487 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 21:07 - Apr 7 by exiledclaseboy

Ha yeah probably badly worded. I meant one adult per household. So if me and the Mrs were queuing together to get in they’d only allow one of us in. It’s fairly easy to get around mind if you both queue separately.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 21:43]

Yes couples were openly doing this when the 'three items max' was in force. Selfish fvckers!
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 21:17 - Apr 7 with 1486 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 20:10 - Apr 7 by exiledclaseboy

Living in Germany as I do, it seems that the UK has gone more rules crazy than the archetypal Teuton who doesn’t cross the road if there’s a little red man. Common sense needed on the part of the authorities and citizens. An individual sunbathing on a beach or park with nobody within 3 metres - what’s the problem?
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 21:18]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 21:22 - Apr 7 with 1465 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 21:17 - Apr 7 by longlostjack

Living in Germany as I do, it seems that the UK has gone more rules crazy than the archetypal Teuton who doesn’t cross the road if there’s a little red man. Common sense needed on the part of the authorities and citizens. An individual sunbathing on a beach or park with nobody within 3 metres - what’s the problem?

Because other individuals will also want to do it, then a couple, then a whole family, then mates...

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 21:23 - Apr 7 with 1452 viewsGaryjack

Because invariably it'll be a case of 'if they can do it why can't i'. Then we end up with this.

It's human nature.
Corona Virus on 21:35 - Apr 7 with 1406 viewsKilkennyjack

Interesting thread on whats actually the law (england) and what the police are doing cos they think its the law.

That said, stay the feck in your house.

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 21:50 - Apr 7 with 1373 viewsTNT

Saw a policeman driving in to Tesco car park today, with another policeman sitting alongside him, in the same car.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Corona Virus on 21:53 - Apr 7 with 1358 viewsTNT

The nation will applaud delivery drivers on Thursday. It could be any time between 9 and 5.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Corona Virus on 21:57 - Apr 7 with 1342 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 21:23 - Apr 7 by Garyjack

Because invariably it'll be a case of 'if they can do it why can't i'. Then we end up with this.

It's human nature.

Well not working like that here. People are keeping their distance. Why the difference?

Corona Virus on 22:04 - Apr 7 with 1324 viewsairedale

Yep, but you can take someone aged seventeen year three hundred and sixty four days you find on the street, no matter how drunk they are.
Corona Virus on 22:25 - Apr 7 with 1282 viewsLeonWasGod

Corona Virus on 21:57 - Apr 7 by longlostjack

Well not working like that here. People are keeping their distance. Why the difference?

It's certainly not my experience. Trouble is everyone's out looking for that long lense photo that gives the impression a place is heaving.

Stay at home and stick to the guidelines. But if a couple go out for an allowed walk and happen to stop on a bench for 10 minutes for a chat or a coffee, leave them alone. Peolpe rucking up with barbeques or sunbathing for hours is taking the piss, but this lockdown is starting to throw up some right little Hitlers.
Corona Virus on 22:29 - Apr 7 with 1270 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 21:57 - Apr 7 by longlostjack

Simple. We have a different mindset to the Germans. We have beautiful coastlines which they don't. It's a natural instinct to make the most of good weather. If the Germans were over here we wouldn't get a look in as they would have taken up every safe space before the rest of us Brits had got out of bed!
Corona Virus on 22:34 - Apr 7 with 1253 viewschad

Corona Virus on 21:50 - Apr 7 by TNT

Saw a policeman driving in to Tesco car park today, with another policeman sitting alongside him, in the same car.

Tut tut perhaps they should get a Jeep Wrangler hunter vehicle with slide out seat in order to maintain safe distance from each other

Corona Virus on 23:14 - Apr 7 with 1190 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 22:29 - Apr 7 by Garyjack

Simple. We have a different mindset to the Germans. We have beautiful coastlines which they don't. It's a natural instinct to make the most of good weather. If the Germans were over here we wouldn't get a look in as they would have taken up every safe space before the rest of us Brits had got out of bed!

Must be impossible getting an ICU bed after 7am.
Corona Virus on 23:16 - Apr 7 with 1183 viewsBytholWyn

Public Health Wales have launched a new service which gives a lot more detail on Coronavirus stats by local authority area: https://public.tableau.com/profile/public.health.wales.health.protection#!/vizho

The one thing that stands out for me is how, for the under 60 age group, women significantly outnumber men in terms of confirmed cases. This is against the trend for the rest of the UK, and internationally. This article elaborates on how in England Coronovirus deaths in men outnumber those in women in across the age spectrum: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52197594

Why is the situation so different in Wales? Is this just down to a difference between confirmed cases on the one hand and deaths on the other? I have my own theories, but I'm not going to idly speculate. But it would be helpful if there were some proper evaluation of these anomalous statistics.
Corona Virus on 23:23 - Apr 7 with 1161 viewsBytholWyn

One possible explanation, is that because of the focus on testing frontline NHS staff the results are skewed because females outnumber males amongst healthcare professionals i.e. nurses?
Corona Virus on 23:24 - Apr 7 with 1157 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 22:25 - Apr 7 by LeonWasGod

It's certainly not my experience. Trouble is everyone's out looking for that long lense photo that gives the impression a place is heaving.

Stay at home and stick to the guidelines. But if a couple go out for an allowed walk and happen to stop on a bench for 10 minutes for a chat or a coffee, leave them alone. Peolpe rucking up with barbeques or sunbathing for hours is taking the piss, but this lockdown is starting to throw up some right little Hitlers.

The very worse of the Neighbourhood Watch Brigade are probably in their element.

Corona Virus on 23:34 - Apr 7 with 1139 viewsJack123

Using chrome, and I'm now getting loads of ads on this https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/, using adblocker as well, which says 44 blocked, but fcking hell how insensitive to show/allow ads on this page. Even with adblocker on, currently got a massive asda ad on left of page.

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 23:39 - Apr 7 with 1507 viewschad

Good to see they are taking the 8 metre sneeze seriously now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024