Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 432871 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 20:03 - Apr 10 with 1649 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 19:44 - Apr 10 by Kilkennyjack

Lions led by donkeys in the UK.

Japan is over twice the size of Britain, largely rural and consists of thousands of islands.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 20:11 - Apr 10 with 1633 viewsmagicdaps10

Corona Virus on 19:44 - Apr 10 by Kilkennyjack

Lions led by donkeys in the UK.

Kilk, if you open your eyes to the whole picture rather than just showing hate towards the UK gov.... You might start seeing things clearer.

Hate is an awful trait, let it go mate.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Corona Virus on 20:18 - Apr 10 with 1613 viewsFlashberryjack

Corona Virus on 20:11 - Apr 10 by magicdaps10

Kilk, if you open your eyes to the whole picture rather than just showing hate towards the UK gov.... You might start seeing things clearer.

Haters gonna hate mun.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Corona Virus on 20:21 - Apr 10 with 1609 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 19:56 - Apr 10 by JACKMANANDBOY

Worth bearing in mind over 90 percent of deaths have underlying health conditions, obesity rate in Japan is less than 3 percent, in the UK it is 29 percent, that's millions of people..

We are a very unhealthy nation with an estimated 50 percent of NHS demand avoidable cardiovascular disease.

We can't carry on like that.

Japan has a higher smoking rate, especially among men (30% in 2015, which was their lowest figure since recording began, compared to 16.5% in the UK). Their annual morbidity rate is higher than ours as well (10.7 per 1000 vs 9.4), likely because the median age is the second highest in the world behind retirement-haven Monaco (47.3 vs our 40.5).

Japan isn't escaping this because they're a particularly fit and healthy nation who can take it on the chin.
Corona Virus on 20:25 - Apr 10 with 1601 viewsHighjack

Also Graham says “Japan got the disease before the UK.”

Now is there any evidence for that? No doubt there would have been a lot of people travelling from Wuhan to London and vice versa as the virus broke.

Our Graham needs to brush up on his facts but then he does have a EU flag next to his name and posts like one of those FBPE freaks.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 20:27 - Apr 10 with 1596 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 20:21 - Apr 10 by jasper_T

Japan has a higher smoking rate, especially among men (30% in 2015, which was their lowest figure since recording began, compared to 16.5% in the UK). Their annual morbidity rate is higher than ours as well (10.7 per 1000 vs 9.4), likely because the median age is the second highest in the world behind retirement-haven Monaco (47.3 vs our 40.5).

Japan isn't escaping this because they're a particularly fit and healthy nation who can take it on the chin.

Japan is also a nation culturally obsessed with cleanliness (remember their supporters staying behind to sweep stadiums at the World Cup?), has previous experience dealing with stuff like this (SARS) and tends to avoid physical contact.

Countries are different. Cultures are different. What works in one place won't necessarily work in another. It's largely pointless comparing them at this stage. Once it's all over we can look for lessons to learn.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona virus Response in Seattle on 20:31 - Apr 10 with 1587 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 20:21 - Apr 10 by jasper_T

Agree there are a whole set of factors to consider, my point was that we are very unhealthy as a nation and that needs to change.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 20:54 - Apr 10 with 1561 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Japan may well have had it before us but their partial lockdown came after ours.

Comparison is futile at this stage.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 21:30 - Apr 10 with 1508 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 20:27 - Apr 10 by Dr_Winston

Japan is also a nation culturally obsessed with cleanliness (remember their supporters staying behind to sweep stadiums at the World Cup?), has previous experience dealing with stuff like this (SARS) and tends to avoid physical contact.

Countries are different. Cultures are different. What works in one place won't necessarily work in another. It's largely pointless comparing them at this stage. Once it's all over we can look for lessons to learn.

Lessons need to be learned while the pandemic is going on, surely. There isn't going to be an "all over" for a long time, there will be peaks and waves, and many lives can be lost or saved by learning what is effective and what is borderline suicidal - see the nutcases in the US wanting to show the virus their faith is stronger by hosting mass gatherings (the constitution says they're allowed, see).

Japan's numbers spiked after they realised there was no hope of the Olympics going ahead. Funny that.
Corona Virus on 22:24 - Apr 10 with 1465 viewsJack_Meoff

Very interesting discussion between Edward Snowden and Glenn Greenwald if anyone has a spare half hour. Particularly if anyone has concerns about rights, surveillance and censorship moving forward.

From 23 minutes onward.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Corona Virus on 22:55 - Apr 10 with 1427 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 20:11 - Apr 10 by magicdaps10

Hi mate.

Burying your head it the sand while your fellow citizens are part of a 1000 deaths a day cycle is not a patriotic thing to do.
Today the daily number of uk dead was more that any single day in Italy and/or Spain. Get real.

Looking at other nations to learn is a smart thing to do.

New Zealand has lost 2 citizens in total. Fact.

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 22:56 - Apr 10 with 1429 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 17:35 - Apr 10 by Neath_Jack

Pathetic questions again by the media.

Alistair Campbell suggested 20 questions to ask them in an article i read on Twitter earlier today.

Link attached.

I don’t like Alistair Campbell or spin doctors, but to be fair to the guy there are some very good questions there which I suspect Raab or whoever is fielding them would find very uncomfortable to answer.

https://www.thearticle.com/media-questions-at-no10-briefings-are-woeful-here-are
Corona Virus on 05:48 - Apr 11 with 1334 viewspikeypaul

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.statista.com/chart/amp/20057/obesity-rates-eu

Only Malta has a higher obesity rate than the 🇬🇧 this virus hits the obese and those with related illnesses at a far higher rate, put the two together, it’s not rocket science.

But hey we still have scum on here wanting to pretend it’s all the Governments fault and happy for the deaths it brings,shameful.

OUT

AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Corona Virus on 06:34 - Apr 11 with 1307 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Corona Virus on 20:54 - Apr 10 by Joe_bradshaw

Japan may well have had it before us but their partial lockdown came after ours.

Comparison is futile at this stage.

Only 90 deaths in just over 5000 cases according to the BBC.
Considering how densely populated most Japanese cities are and how many use public transport to get around that’s a very low caseload. And their death rate per case very low too.

Iran is an interesting comparison like for like with the uk. 68000 cases to our 70000 but half the deaths . I’m not having a go at our government as ours is roughly the same death rate as opposed to the number of confirmed cases in Spain and Italy. It’s baffling. Actually just having checked again our mortality rate (cases vs deaths ) is slightly higher than Spain or Italy .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Corona Virus on 07:15 - Apr 11 with 1303 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 05:48 - Apr 11 by pikeypaul

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.statista.com/chart/amp/20057/obesity-rates-eu

Only Malta has a higher obesity rate than the 🇬🇧 this virus hits the obese and those with related illnesses at a far higher rate, put the two together, it’s not rocket science.

But hey we still have scum on here wanting to pretend it’s all the Governments fault and happy for the deaths it brings,shameful.

OUT

AFLI

You are saying there is nothing anyone can do about this ?

You are wrong.

The UK was woefully underprepared.
The govt should have got PPE, tests, extra capacity, and ventilators ready .... they had the time.
Boris tried to laugh it off, he went on holiday.
Boris chose herd immunity theory against WHO guidelines - only to change direction hard.

Now they are trying to blame to heroic NHS for their overuse of PPE.

UK govt leaderless as Johnson cannot be well enough to give this the energy it needs.

There is no Get Out Of Jail free card for the Tories on this one. None.

Corona Virus on 07:57 - Apr 11 with 1283 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 07:15 - Apr 11 by Kilkennyjack

You are saying there is nothing anyone can do about this ?

You are wrong.

The UK was woefully underprepared.
The govt should have got PPE, tests, extra capacity, and ventilators ready .... they had the time.
Boris tried to laugh it off, he went on holiday.
Boris chose herd immunity theory against WHO guidelines - only to change direction hard.

Now they are trying to blame to heroic NHS for their overuse of PPE.

UK govt leaderless as Johnson cannot be well enough to give this the energy it needs.

There is no Get Out Of Jail free card for the Tories on this one. None.

The thing is it is a mixture of both scenarios. The lack of planning by the government is staggering. Why we are still experiencing shortages of PPE, basic equipment and testing is completely down to them.

On the other hand they seem to be controlling the rate of growth of cases of the virus relatively well, and there is still capacity in hospitals. Hopefully the death rate will drop soon too. Also the building of the nightingale hospitals is a brilliant bit of project management.

But we are also a very unhealthy population our obesity level is shocking which isn't helping matters.

I'm not paying much attention to the figures of death rate and infections. I don't think there's much point in comparisons with other countries, everywhere is testing and reporting in different ways. I don't think we can get too hung up on numbers.
Corona Virus on 08:28 - Apr 11 with 1245 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Corona Virus on 07:57 - Apr 11 by Scotia

The thing is it is a mixture of both scenarios. The lack of planning by the government is staggering. Why we are still experiencing shortages of PPE, basic equipment and testing is completely down to them.

On the other hand they seem to be controlling the rate of growth of cases of the virus relatively well, and there is still capacity in hospitals. Hopefully the death rate will drop soon too. Also the building of the nightingale hospitals is a brilliant bit of project management.

But we are also a very unhealthy population our obesity level is shocking which isn't helping matters.

I'm not paying much attention to the figures of death rate and infections. I don't think there's much point in comparisons with other countries, everywhere is testing and reporting in different ways. I don't think we can get too hung up on numbers.

I haven’t heard this before. Are the obese dying more than any other group from this after being infected?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Corona Virus on 08:32 - Apr 11 with 1249 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 08:28 - Apr 11 by Brynmill_Jack

I haven’t heard this before. Are the obese dying more than any other group from this after being infected?

I think so. I'm sure I saw that 70% of people in icu are overweight, but that describes a lot of people anyway.

A BMI of over 40 is one of the vulnerable groups.

Being overweight brings other issues like diabetes and heart disease so it could be a culmination of issues I suppose.
Corona Virus on 09:14 - Apr 11 with 1213 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 22:56 - Apr 10 by majorraglan

Link attached.

I don’t like Alistair Campbell or spin doctors, but to be fair to the guy there are some very good questions there which I suspect Raab or whoever is fielding them would find very uncomfortable to answer.

https://www.thearticle.com/media-questions-at-no10-briefings-are-woeful-here-are

That's the one mate.

Same here regarding Campbell and the like, but there are some very good questions in there. Probably a pointless exercise asking them mind, because there is no way they would get answered.

They should spend less time saying "Stay at home, protect the NHS, save lives", every couple of minutes, and just answer what is asked. If they don't know the answer, just say they don't know.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 09:36 - Apr 11 with 1189 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 08:32 - Apr 11 by Scotia

I think so. I'm sure I saw that 70% of people in icu are overweight, but that describes a lot of people anyway.

A BMI of over 40 is one of the vulnerable groups.

Being overweight brings other issues like diabetes and heart disease so it could be a culmination of issues I suppose.

Yeah it's not an especially significant figure as 64% of people in the UK are overweight anyway. 68% in the North East. By comparison two thirds of ICU admissions are men, when that's not reflected in the general population at all.

We're the fatties of Europe but globally we're not even top 30 for obesity. The US, Canada, Australia, South Africa, Egypt, Turkey, Libya etc. all higher rates than us.
Corona Virus on 11:20 - Apr 11 with 1105 viewsKilkennyjack

You might have thought that having a large moat all around Great Britain might have been an advantage mind ....?

Just saying ...

Corona Virus on 11:24 - Apr 11 with 1096 viewslifelong

Corona Virus on 11:20 - Apr 11 by Kilkennyjack

You might have thought that having a large moat all around Great Britain might have been an advantage mind ....?

Just saying ...

For a moat to be effective you’ve got to pull up the drawbridge at the right time.
Corona Virus on 11:48 - Apr 11 with 1076 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 07:57 - Apr 11 by Scotia

The lack of equipment is partially to do with global demand though, surely? It's not just the UK that's desperate to get all PPE it can.

If the Uk is doing such a woeful job the French government must be even bigger clowns as they have roughly 3 million more people but over 3000 more deaths, as of last night.

In Japan, like many other Asian countries, they were all wearing facemasks and though the big cities are densely populated they are very strict about physical contact and cleanliness. Maybe the virus hasn't sread so much becaue of those things.

Of course in the Uk thousands of people ignored the social distancing rule, I'm sure they did in other countries too so maybe gross stupidity played it's part. I'm not saying the government has done the best job they could but when they set out guidelines and tens of thousands ignore them and queue up for Skiing at Aviemore, to climb Snowdon or sit in large groups in parks, aren't we looking at an inevitable outcome?

The government bears some responsibility yes, but stupid people do too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 12:00 - Apr 11 with 1070 viewsCountyJim

The Manics putting on free gig for NHS staff at moterpoint in December managed to get 2 tickets
Corona Virus on 12:52 - Apr 11 with 1367 viewsTreforys_Jack

Corona Virus on 12:00 - Apr 11 by CountyJim

The Manics putting on free gig for NHS staff at moterpoint in December managed to get 2 tickets

Unlucky mush , 2 tickets, ffs 1 would have been bad, but 2..............
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024