Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437204 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 17:48 - Apr 11 with 1766 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 17:16 - Apr 11 by londonlisa2001

I agree. But she can’t possibly admit it’s their fault. I don’t blame her for that particularly.

I personally found Hancock worse yesterday when he couldn’t answer how many NHS staff had died. I found the Chief Nurse even worse when she couldn’t answer it. That was after wondering how the hell she’d managed to have a new hairstyle.

Hancock said earlier today that the 19 NHS deaths had no current evidence to link them to lack of PPE kit.

He should have said something like ...we will of course look into each case to see if their is any causation.

He even suggested they might have caught it outside of their professional duties...🤷‍♂️

Poor.

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 17:51 - Apr 11 with 1744 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:48 - Apr 11 by Kilkennyjack

Hancock said earlier today that the 19 NHS deaths had no current evidence to link them to lack of PPE kit.

He should have said something like ...we will of course look into each case to see if their is any causation.

He even suggested they might have caught it outside of their professional duties...🤷‍♂️

Poor.

Yes, his response is dreadful. Absolutely dreadful.

As is his insinuation that people are using it incorrectly, and, worst of all, the fact he didn’t know the answer yesterday to how many had died (neither did the Chief nurse which I found sickening) and, it seems he got the number wrong today after having time to check.

There has to be a full investigation of each Individual case. I think some of this comes from the first nurse who died, whose family said publicly she didn’t catch it at work.
Corona Virus on 17:54 - Apr 11 with 1738 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:47 - Apr 11 by CountyJim

Two porters die in Oxford 🙏 RIP

Awful news. Just seen it on Sky. Both married to nurses.
Corona Virus on 18:03 - Apr 11 with 1719 viewsZaxx

Corona Virus on 17:41 - Apr 11 by londonlisa2001

The last bit is what the health secretary said yesterday ( after updating us on what Johnson is watching on the TV, of course).

I think that was by far the most disgraceful thing said in any of these briefings to date, and yet people are having much more of a go today. Blaming the right people will help.

I wasn't apportioning blame to anyone in particular, I was just having a rant.

I sorta feel a bit better now
Corona Virus on 18:06 - Apr 11 with 1701 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:03 - Apr 11 by Zaxx

I wasn't apportioning blame to anyone in particular, I was just having a rant.

I sorta feel a bit better now

Sorry - I wasn’t aiming it at you. I meant more generally. Not even referring to here in particular.
Corona Virus on 19:02 - Apr 11 with 1604 viewsHighjack

They simply need to start really enforcing the rules of this so called lockdown. At the moment we are just in a sort of halfway house where so many people are still out and about because they don’t believe the rules apply to them. When you see thousands of people descending on the beach or queuing outside supermarkets for non essential stuff it becomes absolutely pointless.

I think most people are behaving quite sensibly through all this in fairness but the absolute morons who feel it’s ok to put people at risk because they want a swimming pool for their garden or a new patio set or a crate of beer should be punished severely or this supposed lockdown will be utterly pointless and more people will die.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 19:24 - Apr 11 with 1560 viewsPozuelosSideys

Corona Virus on 19:02 - Apr 11 by Highjack

They simply need to start really enforcing the rules of this so called lockdown. At the moment we are just in a sort of halfway house where so many people are still out and about because they don’t believe the rules apply to them. When you see thousands of people descending on the beach or queuing outside supermarkets for non essential stuff it becomes absolutely pointless.

I think most people are behaving quite sensibly through all this in fairness but the absolute morons who feel it’s ok to put people at risk because they want a swimming pool for their garden or a new patio set or a crate of beer should be punished severely or this supposed lockdown will be utterly pointless and more people will die.

So as much of a shambles as this is becoming, lets not let those highly paid execs and CEO's at the NHS off without some small culpability eh? After all, they do have oversight of procurement, operations, resourcing etc. Obviously there needs to be an investigation afterwards about Government handling of the lot and the NHS infrastructure, funding and planning from top to bottom. People are quick enough to go after their counterparts in the private sector, so they should not be excepted.

Sry, didnt mean to quote
[Post edited 11 Apr 2020 19:24]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Corona Virus on 19:30 - Apr 11 with 1543 viewsCountyJim

Just a word at these times for the people you don't hear of the Mortuary staff its a horrible job at the best of times but at the moment its horrendous extra fridges being brought in as well

Respect
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 19:31 - Apr 11 with 1540 viewsmonmouth

You’re saying that a crate of beer is not essential 😱😱

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 19:31 - Apr 11 with 1536 viewslondonlisa2001

I read something today which said the lockdown is more effective than they had hoped for? Fewer people are seeing anyone at all outside their circle than in other countries.
Corona Virus on 19:36 - Apr 11 with 1525 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 19:31 - Apr 11 by londonlisa2001

I read something today which said the lockdown is more effective than they had hoped for? Fewer people are seeing anyone at all outside their circle than in other countries.

Yeah, not surprising. I think most people are doing the right thing but there are still so many dick heads out there who think they are above all of it and the police need to get them indoors pronto.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 19:40 - Apr 11 with 1515 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:36 - Apr 11 by Highjack

Yeah, not surprising. I think most people are doing the right thing but there are still so many dick heads out there who think they are above all of it and the police need to get them indoors pronto.

The survey said 90% were doing what they should.

I guess that’s reflected in the reduced curve that they’re seeing and the fact that the NHS is supposed to remain within capacity at the moment.

They probably model in an allowance for brain dead morons when they work these things out.
Corona Virus on 19:43 - Apr 11 with 1504 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 19:40 - Apr 11 by londonlisa2001

I guess that’s reflected in the reduced curve that they’re seeing and the fact that the NHS is supposed to remain within capacity at the moment.

They probably model in an allowance for brain dead morons when they work these things out.

You can use the Andrex Coefficient to estimate this number.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 20:39 - Apr 11 with 1449 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 19:40 - Apr 11 by londonlisa2001

Sure I read somewhere that most models work on a 75-80% compliance rate, which would tally with what you're saying. They're not dull enough to think that everyone will do it.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 20:40 - Apr 11 with 1444 viewshobo

Corona Virus on 19:31 - Apr 11 by monmouth

You’re saying that a crate of beer is not essential 😱😱

All alcohol should be removed from sale. Looking at the queues from the local supermarket yesterday, and the scores of people leaving the store with beer/wine was shameful
Corona Virus on 21:02 - Apr 11 with 1388 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The reason why ventilators are not working very well at saving patients.
It is not just a lung desease, it is also affecting the blood's ability to carry oxygen.
http://joannenova.com.au/2020/04/urgent-new-medical-theory-on-coronavirus-hold-t
Corona Virus on 21:25 - Apr 11 with 1361 views3swan

From the BBC site Breakdown of UK patients in critical care as at Thursday. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52252981. Breakdown of UK patients in critical care
Richard Warry

BBC News

An analysis of 3,883 Covid-19 patients admitted to 229 critical care units in England, Wales and Northern Ireland up to Thursday has been published by the Intensive Care National Audit & Research Centre.

Of these patients, 871 have died, 818 have been discharged, and 2,194 were last reported as still receiving critical care.

The average age of the patients was 59.8 years. Some 72.5% were male, and 27.5% female. Some 66.4% were white, 14.4% Asian, 11.9% black, and 1.3% of mixed race.

Nearly three-quarters of the patients had a body mass index higher than the recommended healthy level of 18.5 to 25. Some 35% had a BMI of 25 to 30 - the overweight range. And 38.5% had a BMI over more than 30 - putting them in the obese range.
93.2% had previously been able to live without assistance in daily activities. Only 6.7% previously needed some assistance, and just three needed total assistance.
Focusing on the 1,053 patients who needed advanced respiratory support, the average age on admission was 61.9 years. 73% were male, 27% female. Out of this group, 66.3% died, and 33.7% are alive.
Examining the final outcome for patients admitted to critical care, for the 133 aged 16-39, 76.7% were discharged alive, and 23.3% died. For the 484 aged 60-69, 43.6% were discharged alive, and 56.4% died. For the 434 aged 70-79, 31.3% were discharged alive, and 68.7% died. And for the 107 aged over 80, 27.1% were discharged alive, and 72.9% died.
Corona Virus on 21:25 - Apr 11 with 1361 viewsleighton1318

Corona Virus on 20:40 - Apr 11 by hobo

All alcohol should be removed from sale. Looking at the queues from the local supermarket yesterday, and the scores of people leaving the store with beer/wine was shameful

A Marxist would say it is essential to keep the booze flowing. Edit - that the Govt would want to see the booze flowing ... to stop the people from rioting.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2020 21:27]
Corona Virus on 22:21 - Apr 11 with 1278 viewsScotia

What about tobacco?
Corona Virus on 22:23 - Apr 11 with 1271 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 21:02 - Apr 11 by A_Fans_Dad

The reason why ventilators are not working very well at saving patients.
It is not just a lung desease, it is also affecting the blood's ability to carry oxygen.
http://joannenova.com.au/2020/04/urgent-new-medical-theory-on-coronavirus-hold-t

I hope that as we understand more we get to treat this disease, 18 months for a vaccine seems so long away.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 22:51 - Apr 11 with 1239 viewsgadgetuk

Corona Virus on 21:25 - Apr 11 by leighton1318

A Marxist would say it is essential to keep the booze flowing. Edit - that the Govt would want to see the booze flowing ... to stop the people from rioting.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2020 21:27]

The only thing that is helping me cope with the lockdown is alcohol
Corona Virus on 22:52 - Apr 11 with 1233 viewsjasper_T

All the alcoholics would end up in hospital with withdrawal.
Corona Virus on 22:53 - Apr 11 with 1232 viewsmajorraglan

Totally agree.

There needs to be a bit more of this type enforcement. This idiot’s already been caught 5 times, I’d love to see him doing porridge. Well done the boys in blue.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52258098
Corona Virus on 23:14 - Apr 11 with 1191 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 19:24 - Apr 11 by PozuelosSideys

So as much of a shambles as this is becoming, lets not let those highly paid execs and CEO's at the NHS off without some small culpability eh? After all, they do have oversight of procurement, operations, resourcing etc. Obviously there needs to be an investigation afterwards about Government handling of the lot and the NHS infrastructure, funding and planning from top to bottom. People are quick enough to go after their counterparts in the private sector, so they should not be excepted.

Sry, didnt mean to quote
[Post edited 11 Apr 2020 19:24]

The CEO’s do need to be held to account, but ultimately they are briefed and work to guidance published by the Dept of Health, PHE and PHW. How can they buy all this xtra kit if they have no money and are already struggling to balance the books?

They have got this wrong, they should have been buying masks, gloves, gowns and looking at scoping ventilator design and manufacturing months ago, not a mad rush in a March. They are talking about logistics delivering PPE etc. We can call on the army, Hermes, TNT, and numerous of other contractors it’s mental.
Corona Virus on 23:28 - Apr 11 with 1787 viewsDJack

You are a tedious prick at the best of times...do STFU.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024