Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 432455 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 11:12 - Apr 17 with 1721 viewschad

Corona Virus on 10:29 - Apr 17 by Brynmill_Jack

Macron must be applauded for looking after the interests of his people.

Don’t particularly disagree although don’t think the company was happy by their quote, given we were established customers that they were letting down

Does however...

Show up the supposed idea of the EU when the chips are down, really being one for all and all for one (and it was not just us it was aimed at but everyone outside France)

Also showed quite some hypocrisy with comments by the likes of France and Germany against others doing similar.
Corona Virus on 12:08 - Apr 17 with 1695 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 07:55 - Apr 17 by Highjack

Is he correct about the masks? As it stands both the WHO and NHS advice states you shouldn’t bother with them.

Also where the hell are all these people getting these masks from if the NHS can’t get them? Is there some sort of black market for them or something?

You can buy them on line, Amazon & ebay have them, if you are prepared to pay, so obviously someone is getting their hands on them.
I would imagine that it is the usual bureacratic problem of putting the purchase out to tender and by the time they have made their minds up someone else has bought them.
Corona Virus on 12:42 - Apr 17 with 1676 viewschad

Corona Virus on 12:08 - Apr 17 by A_Fans_Dad

You can buy them on line, Amazon & ebay have them, if you are prepared to pay, so obviously someone is getting their hands on them.
I would imagine that it is the usual bureacratic problem of putting the purchase out to tender and by the time they have made their minds up someone else has bought them.

Although some of those might not exist (apparently lots of such cons going on at the moment).

Wasn’t there also something about used ones being sold! If so hope they at least popped them in the tumble drier then aired them for a couple of days.
Corona Virus on 13:31 - Apr 17 with 1639 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I've just been talking to a hotel in NYC I was due to stay in next week. When I asked them how they were they said:

"There is a lot of panic in the news but we are doing fine."

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 14:13 - Apr 17 with 1616 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 12:42 - Apr 17 by chad

Although some of those might not exist (apparently lots of such cons going on at the moment).

Wasn’t there also something about used ones being sold! If so hope they at least popped them in the tumble drier then aired them for a couple of days.

They can be "baked" in the oven at 70C for a couple of minutes to steralize them.
Corona Virus on 14:31 - Apr 17 with 1599 viewsNotLoyal

Corona Virus on 18:40 - Apr 16 by sainthelens

This is my worry. Until there is actually a vaccine...how can anything possibly return to anything like normality? Coming outa lockdown will just see spike after spike in infections. Is it straightforward as that ?

Thing is there are those that would say the vaccine is the product of the virus, pharmaceutical companies make the bucks, the govts retain control, the people shuffle their feet.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Corona Virus on 15:41 - Apr 17 with 1531 viewsJackSomething

Corona Virus on 13:31 - Apr 17 by JACKMANANDBOY

I've just been talking to a hotel in NYC I was due to stay in next week. When I asked them how they were they said:

"There is a lot of panic in the news but we are doing fine."

To be fair, they're surely hoping to have you stay with them in the future so they're not going to mention the mass burial site or the 11,500 dead in NYC!

On the subject of America, I see it's more of 'do what I say, not what I do':

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52317673

Something tells me Ivanka won't be resigning like the lady in Scotland did in similar circumstances...

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Corona Virus on 16:18 - Apr 17 with 1497 viewsBytholWyn

Don't take this as an endorsement but there's an Anglesey based company Virustatic Shield, that manufactures snoods that offers “96% protection against airborne viruses”:

https://ilovemanchester.com/manchester-biochemists-face-mask-alternative/

https://www.carrington.co.uk/en/news-videos/latest-news/virustatic-shield/

I have no idea whether the claims are true, but they've got to be a lot better than nothing. We've bought a few for the family, at £20 each, and they only took a few days to arrive. Got to be a lot better than nothing - but it would be good if there was some independent research to back up their claims.

https://www.virustaticshield.com/ (website not loading properly at the time of writing)
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 16:46 - Apr 17 with 1451 viewsNortbankboy

Corona Virus on 16:18 - Apr 17 by BytholWyn

Don't take this as an endorsement but there's an Anglesey based company Virustatic Shield, that manufactures snoods that offers “96% protection against airborne viruses”:

https://ilovemanchester.com/manchester-biochemists-face-mask-alternative/

https://www.carrington.co.uk/en/news-videos/latest-news/virustatic-shield/

I have no idea whether the claims are true, but they've got to be a lot better than nothing. We've bought a few for the family, at £20 each, and they only took a few days to arrive. Got to be a lot better than nothing - but it would be good if there was some independent research to back up their claims.

https://www.virustaticshield.com/ (website not loading properly at the time of writing)

I just hope the waning from.that senior scientists 40k deaths is wrong
Corona Virus on 17:09 - Apr 17 with 1422 viewssainthelens

So only now they've decided to set up a vaccine taskforce! Honestly thought that would have been done weeks ago. Total fckn shambles.
Corona Virus on 17:18 - Apr 17 with 1404 viewsPegojack

Corona Virus on 17:09 - Apr 17 by sainthelens

So only now they've decided to set up a vaccine taskforce! Honestly thought that would have been done weeks ago. Total fckn shambles.

Quite clearly a PR stroke by an increasingly desperate government running out of ideas to bolster their image. It's got Cummings written all over it.
Task force, FFS. Do they think nobody's thought about it, nobody's working on it, people aren't co-operating internationally on it already?
The last thing they need is some useless Tory apparatchik interfering. Who's going to head it up? Chris Grayling?
Corona Virus on 17:24 - Apr 17 with 1393 viewssainthelens

Every minister that's wheeled out on these daily briefings never answer the fckn question!! Under this lot we are totally screwed.
Corona Virus on 17:29 - Apr 17 with 1366 viewsNortbankboy

Corona Virus on 17:24 - Apr 17 by sainthelens

Every minister that's wheeled out on these daily briefings never answer the fckn question!! Under this lot we are totally screwed.

What gets me,is that it all looks staged.
Look at the people asking the question s
Corona Virus on 17:35 - Apr 17 with 1357 viewssainthelens

Corona Virus on 17:29 - Apr 17 by Nortbankboy

What gets me,is that it all looks staged.
Look at the people asking the question s

Yep, same rhetoric day after day. At some point people are gonna start seriously losing their sht with this lot. Not if but when the target of 100k daily tests arnt met....be interesting viewing.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 17:37]
Corona Virus on 17:47 - Apr 17 with 1342 viewsNortbankboy

Corona Virus on 17:35 - Apr 17 by sainthelens

Yep, same rhetoric day after day. At some point people are gonna start seriously losing their sht with this lot. Not if but when the target of 100k daily tests arnt met....be interesting viewing.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 17:37]

On that day,they will make another distraction story.
I'm waiting for the day when we are coming out lockdown.
I reckon they will bring Boris out to make the announcement to make a hero.
Corona Virus on 17:50 - Apr 17 with 1333 viewsKilkennyjack

At least the Nightingale hospital is a huge success ... right ?

🤦‍♂️

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 17:57 - Apr 17 with 1325 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:50 - Apr 17 by Kilkennyjack

🤦‍♂️

There are currently empty intensive care beds throughout London hospitals. Empty ‘ordinary’ care beds as well.

Hopefully the Nightingale will be unnecessary throughout.

There are so many things to actually criticise, largely around testing and PPE and the disgraceful situation in care homes. Complaining about stuff that doesn’t deserve complaint lessens complaints about the stuff that requires focus. Peston is an absolute idiot.
Corona Virus on 17:59 - Apr 17 with 1315 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 17:50 - Apr 17 by Kilkennyjack

🤦‍♂️

For a start it should be full of anyone with COVID19 symptoms and should have a test station on site.
Waiting until the patient gets very ill is completely the wrong approach.
They could begin by bringing in all the Care Home patients with symptoms, instead of letting them suffer and die a very nasty death in the care homes.
Anybody who has had Pneumonia will understand what they are going through.
Corona Virus on 18:11 - Apr 17 with 1298 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 17:57 - Apr 17 by londonlisa2001

There are currently empty intensive care beds throughout London hospitals. Empty ‘ordinary’ care beds as well.

Hopefully the Nightingale will be unnecessary throughout.

There are so many things to actually criticise, largely around testing and PPE and the disgraceful situation in care homes. Complaining about stuff that doesn’t deserve complaint lessens complaints about the stuff that requires focus. Peston is an absolute idiot.

Its not just me, the medics have a view as well ..

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 18:16 - Apr 17 with 1292 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 17:18 - Apr 17 by Pegojack

Quite clearly a PR stroke by an increasingly desperate government running out of ideas to bolster their image. It's got Cummings written all over it.
Task force, FFS. Do they think nobody's thought about it, nobody's working on it, people aren't co-operating internationally on it already?
The last thing they need is some useless Tory apparatchik interfering. Who's going to head it up? Chris Grayling?

The reuse of PPE has now come out too.

Once (if) this calms down, some serious questions need to be asked.

And as for the media in this country, what a bunch of cúnts

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Corona Virus on 18:56 - Apr 17 with 1257 viewsmagicdaps10

Corona Virus on 18:16 - Apr 17 by waynekerr55

There are going to be many questions asked in this country and many other countries..... There are going to be many fallouts over this ALL OVER THE WORLD.

The best place to start is always the beginning, in this case the source...... There are going to be massive repercussions over covid19 for many a year to come.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Corona Virus on 19:40 - Apr 17 with 1224 viewsJack_Meoff

By finally getting the gilets jaunes off the streets of Paris it could be argued that he is...

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Corona Virus on 19:51 - Apr 17 with 1211 viewsmajorraglan

I don’t blame Macron, he’s looking after his own people. Trump also intervened and stopped a consignment of masks leaving the US.

What this demonstrates is that we should have had enough PPE in reserve, (we used to have around £900m to £1bn of PPE held in central storage for pandemics, but over the last 3 years the value of goods in reserve fell by about a 1/3rd which I suspect is one of the reasons we are having shortages now) and we need to have the ability to produce masks in the U.K.
Corona Virus on 19:59 - Apr 17 with 1197 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 18:16 - Apr 17 by waynekerr55

Saw an article about the reuse of PPE yesterday, they are looking at laundering single use surgical gowns amongst other things and make comment about staff wasting PPE.

I’d like to see Piers Morgan at the press conference, he’d embarrass some of those journalists and give the politicians something to think about.
Corona Virus on 20:45 - Apr 17 with 1727 viewsJoe_bradshaw

This is not good.

The World Health Organization has cast doubt on the usefulness of antibody tests for Covid-19.

Many countries have indicated an intention to purchase millions of antibody tests, suggesting that people who are proven to have had the virus could be given "immunity passports" and would be able to return to work.

The UK government has bought 3.5 million antibody tests, but has not yet found one that is reliable enough to use.

But the WHO cautioned against investing too much in these tests.

Speaking in Geneva, the WHO's Dr Maria van Kerkhove said there was "no evidence" that having had the virus would guarantee immunity.

She said initial evidence did not suggest large numbers of people were developing antibodies after having the virus, meaning the chances of creating "herd immunity" were not high.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024