Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437634 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 18:40 - Apr 18 with 1688 viewsJack_Meoff

Feeling quite wistful today. Got a bit misty eyed for the days when the government would make up bare faced lies for military intervention abroad. Also reminiscing about trips to town and the having to avoid eye contact with increasing amounts of homeless people.

It's the little things you miss. #simplertimes

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Corona Virus on 18:52 - Apr 18 with 1664 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 18:31 - Apr 18 by magicdaps10

Can I just ask, is b&q classed as essential?

I think they are allowed to open as they are a “hardware” store. Whether travelling to one constitutes an essential journey is a completely different matter.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2020 20:09]
Corona Virus on 18:52 - Apr 18 with 1663 views3swan

If it's to do with the basics of life then no. The longer lockdown goes on people need to keep occupied even for their mental state. One fit doesn't fit all but if done properly and helps people get through the next weeks then it could help.
Corona Virus on 18:58 - Apr 18 with 1639 viewsmagicdaps10

Would they not be better off just uping their delivery service?
Any retail unit other than food is non essential in my eyes. I am all for deliveries, one guy and leave on the doorstep...... Any retail unit as say other than food that is trying to entice people through their doors, these retailers need a good talking.
This is not a good move by b&q at all.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Corona Virus on 18:59 - Apr 18 with 1630 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I think they have limited their product range to focus on emergency plumbing etc.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 19:00 - Apr 18 with 1630 viewsexiledclaseboy

They’ll come under the “hardware shops” category that are one of the exceptions to mandatory closure.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 19:02 - Apr 18 with 1623 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Corona Virus on 18:52 - Apr 18 by 3swan

If it's to do with the basics of life then no. The longer lockdown goes on people need to keep occupied even for their mental state. One fit doesn't fit all but if done properly and helps people get through the next weeks then it could help.

Absolutely. I’ve spent the last 4 weeks doing more gardening, painting, tidying up the garage and shed than I have in the last 4 years.

I’m even wondering what to do next week. As Mrs JB will attest, this isn’t normal behaviour.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 19:04 - Apr 18 with 1612 viewsmonmouth

Yes, totally. If I couldn't paint my fence with the paint I picked up at B&Q then I'd spend all my time plotting to eat my neighbour.

And neither her husband nor my wife would be very happy about that.

Others, I'm sure will be thinking equally disruptive thoughts with all this time on our hands, especially anyone normally obsessed with transfer fantasies at this time of year. So, to keep us occupied, B&Q is the fourth emergency service just now.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 19:05 - Apr 18 with 1605 viewsFlashberryjack

Corona Virus on 19:02 - Apr 18 by Joe_bradshaw

Absolutely. I’ve spent the last 4 weeks doing more gardening, painting, tidying up the garage and shed than I have in the last 4 years.

I’m even wondering what to do next week. As Mrs JB will attest, this isn’t normal behaviour.

Same here mate, trouble is I'm running out of materials like sand & cement.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Corona Virus on 19:21 - Apr 18 with 1570 viewsNeath_Jack

Yes.

If builders / construction are deemed important enough to stay working, then so should these stores.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 19:21 - Apr 18 with 1571 viewsexiledclaseboy

We’ve battered amazon this week. Had compost, bedding plants, a few lights and garden decorations etc. I mowed on Thursday. Was a bit gutted that I couldn’t do it again today.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 19:25 - Apr 18 with 1560 viewsperplex

Educate me here, is he talking rubbish or not but speaking to my neighbour who is a Doctor and he reckons that he and many of his colleges believe this lockdown could quite possible do more harm than good in the long run, he says many of those who avoid getting the virus will quite possibly get it anyway once restrictions are lifted, mean while they estimate 60,000 people will die due to not getting early diagnostic tests and checks for other diseases such as Cancer etc due to all recourses going on this virus, then you have people losing there jobs by the thousands businesses collapsing as well as the affects on mental health etc, he said the list of problems is endless and at the end of the day the only thing that will save lives, lockdown or no lockdown in regards to the virus is a vaccine
Corona Virus on 19:36 - Apr 18 with 1541 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 19:25 - Apr 18 by perplex

Educate me here, is he talking rubbish or not but speaking to my neighbour who is a Doctor and he reckons that he and many of his colleges believe this lockdown could quite possible do more harm than good in the long run, he says many of those who avoid getting the virus will quite possibly get it anyway once restrictions are lifted, mean while they estimate 60,000 people will die due to not getting early diagnostic tests and checks for other diseases such as Cancer etc due to all recourses going on this virus, then you have people losing there jobs by the thousands businesses collapsing as well as the affects on mental health etc, he said the list of problems is endless and at the end of the day the only thing that will save lives, lockdown or no lockdown in regards to the virus is a vaccine

They're all certainly issues that will be under consideration.

Lockdown seems to be more about buying time to extend the NHS capacity to deal with CV19 rather than putting an end to it. Only immunity one way or another will ultimately do that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 19:47 - Apr 18 with 1517 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 19:36 - Apr 18 by Dr_Winston

Lockdown seems to be more about buying time to extend the NHS capacity to deal with CV19 rather than putting an end to it. Only immunity one way or another will ultimately do that.

They’re also improving their knowledge of how best to treat very ill patients.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 20:01 - Apr 18 with 1501 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 19:36 - Apr 18 by Dr_Winston

Yes it's just trying to 'Squash the Sombrero' as the arsehole clown Johnno put it before it all became less of a joke for the vacuous tw^t.

If it does mean a vaccine saves some of the lives that would have been lost in a non-lockdown, that's a bonus, but the whole driver is NHS capacity.

Without a change in immunity or virus mutation (no one likes to kill their host, not good for future invites) the total number of deaths will be what they would be as if the NHS had the capacity to treat everyone who needs treatment now. It'll just over a more protracted period.

The winter version of all this might make this period look like a nice little picnic. That's why we should all be praying for a vaccine to come through pdq.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 20:50 - Apr 18 with 1461 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 20:01 - Apr 18 by monmouth

Yes it's just trying to 'Squash the Sombrero' as the arsehole clown Johnno put it before it all became less of a joke for the vacuous tw^t.

If it does mean a vaccine saves some of the lives that would have been lost in a non-lockdown, that's a bonus, but the whole driver is NHS capacity.

Without a change in immunity or virus mutation (no one likes to kill their host, not good for future invites) the total number of deaths will be what they would be as if the NHS had the capacity to treat everyone who needs treatment now. It'll just over a more protracted period.

The winter version of all this might make this period look like a nice little picnic. That's why we should all be praying for a vaccine to come through pdq.

Or some improvement in treatment, this was the path followed for AIDS if we can ease the symptoms that would be fantastic.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 21:05 - Apr 18 with 1433 viewschad

Suppose it is debatable. If you think the following type of thing needs repairing then yes

If you see it as a good opportunity to build a water feature and just want rocks and plastic liner then probably no.

Corona Virus on 21:16 - Apr 18 with 1417 viewsmajorraglan

A family member has told me that one of her lecturers from Swansea Uni passed away today from the Covid19 virus, she said he was a really tidy guy. There’s a mention of him in the below article and also news of a young healthcare support worker at Morriston Hospital passing away. RIP.

The article also provides some detail re the number of rolled who have died in most of the Health-board areas.

https://www.wandsworthguardian.co.uk/news/national/18389465.another-28-people-wa
Corona Virus on 21:24 - Apr 18 with 1401 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 19:04 - Apr 18 by monmouth

Yes, totally. If I couldn't paint my fence with the paint I picked up at B&Q then I'd spend all my time plotting to eat my neighbour.

And neither her husband nor my wife would be very happy about that.

Others, I'm sure will be thinking equally disruptive thoughts with all this time on our hands, especially anyone normally obsessed with transfer fantasies at this time of year. So, to keep us occupied, B&Q is the fourth emergency service just now.

Remember, no muff to tough...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 21:27 - Apr 18 with 1395 viewschad

Corona Virus on 21:16 - Apr 18 by majorraglan

A family member has told me that one of her lecturers from Swansea Uni passed away today from the Covid19 virus, she said he was a really tidy guy. There’s a mention of him in the below article and also news of a young healthcare support worker at Morriston Hospital passing away. RIP.

The article also provides some detail re the number of rolled who have died in most of the Health-board areas.

https://www.wandsworthguardian.co.uk/news/national/18389465.another-28-people-wa

Absolutely tragic
Corona Virus on 21:30 - Apr 18 with 1386 viewsKilkennyjack

Sunday Times are reporting tonight .....

‘Boris Johnson skipped five Cobra meetings on the virus, calls to order protective gear were ignored and scientists’ warnings fell on deaf ears

Failings in February may have cost thousands of lives’ ....

Not fit to govern.

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 22:06 - Apr 18 with 1347 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I’v just seen this and it’s flattened me. Brian was the admissions tutor for mental health nursing at Swansea University. I have sat on countless interview panels with him looking at prospective mental health nurses including up to five weeks ago when face to face interviews were suspended.

He was a lovely, lovely man and a big strong bloke as well.

Absolutely gutted.

Corona Virus on 22:12 - Apr 18 with 1337 viewsJack123

Someone told me earlier about the Swansea University lecturer, looking at the comments on the Swansea university twitter page, you can see he was a much loved and well respected man R.I.P :(

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 00:16 - Apr 19 with 1254 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Corona Virus on 22:06 - Apr 18 by Joe_bradshaw

I’v just seen this and it’s flattened me. Brian was the admissions tutor for mental health nursing at Swansea University. I have sat on countless interview panels with him looking at prospective mental health nurses including up to five weeks ago when face to face interviews were suspended.

He was a lovely, lovely man and a big strong bloke as well.

Absolutely gutted.

I wish I’d read my emails before logging on to planet Swans. Wife and 4 children from mid teenage down. Huge loss to everyone who knew him. RIP Brian.

Corona Virus on 00:20 - Apr 19 with 2002 viewsPozuelosSideys

Today was the first day that the UK mortality rate exceeded Italys (+/- 14 days). The stuff that was being run last month by the Times i think. We are running at 105.3% of them. There has been a steady C.+1% movement day on day, so following that trend, we are likely to be hitting mortality rate of around 120% of Italys.

They say we should be looking at number of cases etc, but that stat is as flawed as any other. At the end of the day, we are all interested in the mortality rate as thats the end game, and we appear to moving in the wrong direction.

As of the corresponding date in Italy, their mortality rate dropped off by a steady 25% over the next week or so, and an additional 10% after that. We need to do the same.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 0:24]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024