Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 432975 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 20:22 - Apr 22 with 2136 viewslegoman

For those interested, my son was recently interviewed about covid-19 by a scientific journal. This is the article
https://www.technologynetworks.com/drug-discovery/blog/tackling-the-covid-19-pan

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Corona Virus on 20:38 - Apr 22 with 2112 viewsAce_Jack

Corona Virus on 19:40 - Apr 22 by waynekerr55

And, in keeping with the past 5 years Uncle Jeremy made a tit of himself again. Can't someone in his family have a word, get him to stand down and enjoy semi retirement?

He tried his king across the water routine today and completely bungled it. Starmer easily clearing the low Corbyn bar today. Good.
Corona Virus on 21:14 - Apr 22 with 2072 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 20:38 - Apr 22 by Ace_Jack

He tried his king across the water routine today and completely bungled it. Starmer easily clearing the low Corbyn bar today. Good.

He's such an arse, he probably does think he'll be carried to a triumphant return on a tidal wave of momentum shit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 21:22 - Apr 22 with 2054 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 18:25 - Apr 22 by Oldjack

China has eased up on their lockdown ,guess what?

What?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 21:34 - Apr 22 with 2028 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 21:14 - Apr 22 by monmouth

He's such an arse, he probably does think he'll be carried to a triumphant return on a tidal wave of momentum shit.

He's an embarrassment.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Corona Virus on 21:36 - Apr 22 with 2024 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 11:37 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

Yes, me too, but in which case him changing his story is unforgivable.

Hancock, of course, said he’d signed it off. Thinking about it, he didn’t say anything about whether he was overruled...

Read the letter again.

Its cleverly worded.
He is taking the piss.

I would have much preferred him to stick to his guns, but the letter is a quite deliberate piece of double speak and deliberate send ups.

See comments.

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 21:40 - Apr 22 with 2008 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 21:22 - Apr 22 by Cooperman

What?

He's lying. Every single chinese takeaway in Gorseinon, Pontardulais and Gowerton was closed last night.
Corona Virus on 22:01 - Apr 22 with 1951 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 11:28 - Apr 22 by Catullus

Do you believe the EU tells us the whole truth then? You're happy to call the UK government liars and there's evidence for that, obviously.

The question isn't have we been lied to nor are we happy to be lied to though the answers (in my case) would be yes and then no.

The question is who do you most believe?

Either way it goes McDonald has lied, would you agree?

I’d trust an EU consensus of 27 countries over those Tory liars any day.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 22:03]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 22:24 - Apr 22 with 1913 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 22:01 - Apr 22 by longlostjack

I’d trust an EU consensus of 27 countries over those Tory liars any day.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 22:03]

Yep ...

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 22:38 - Apr 22 with 1888 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 15:03 - Apr 22 by Highjack

They both looked like they were bricking it.

I watched it tonight and I can't say they were bricking it but they did both look tired and stressed which is understandable.
Hearing Rabb disagree that we were slow was laughable. It wasn't just hindsight, several on here were shouting that we should be in lockdown before it was announced, several were saying we shoud be stopping flights from badly affected areas or quatantining and testing passengers before letting them leave the airport. It just seemed like common sense that some precautions happened sooner than later.
Mind you, warching the news from Japan it doesn't look like we are handling it worse than them. In Tokyo the streets are still busy, the parks are busy and doctors there are worried that younger people (50's and down) think it won't affect them too badly. The report claimed Japanese government has sent out confusing messages about Covid-19.

We will be told that lessons must and will be learned from this but we are always told that and it never seems to happen.

Vaughn Gething has dropped himself in it too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 00:17 - Apr 23 with 1827 viewsPozuelosSideys

So with the medical bods coming out this evening suggesting that relatively strict measures will likely continue beyond the summer and possibly even beyond autumn, how do people think they are going to react if thats the case?

Some businesses, public transport and probably schools would likely reopen, but everything else is likely to remain restricted.

Honestly, the thought of another 6 months of being effectively locked up with no structured end date in sight scares the bollox off me. I really think it will do more harm than good overall. Its basically a rolling prison sentence for most people.

Surely they wont attempt to restrict everything for the rest of the year?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52389285
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 0:19]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Corona Virus on 01:11 - Apr 23 with 1797 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 00:17 - Apr 23 by PozuelosSideys

So with the medical bods coming out this evening suggesting that relatively strict measures will likely continue beyond the summer and possibly even beyond autumn, how do people think they are going to react if thats the case?

Some businesses, public transport and probably schools would likely reopen, but everything else is likely to remain restricted.

Honestly, the thought of another 6 months of being effectively locked up with no structured end date in sight scares the bollox off me. I really think it will do more harm than good overall. Its basically a rolling prison sentence for most people.

IMO, there is only one way to beat this, massive worldwide lock down, nobody at all out, just emergency workers, and ban all flights, obviously preparations in place before it happens, make sure everyone has enough food!

They need to be harsh as fck worldwide, otherwise we will be in the same predicament in a few months time.

Better to kill it straight off, than fart around for months or years with poor results.

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 08:43 - Apr 23 with 1661 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 17:19 - Apr 22 by Ace_Jack

you wouldn't give a Labour politician the steam off your piss so of course you thought he looked nervous as f**k when he looked nothing of the sort.

Crace nails it. Again.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/22/raab-is-tried-and-found-wanting
Corona Virus on 09:11 - Apr 23 with 1614 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 00:17 - Apr 23 by PozuelosSideys

I think it'll be relaxed in stages. It has to be really. I can't see mass gatherings, like football crowds, being allowed for quite some time. But schools and more shops by the end of next month and perhaps pub's and restaurants in the middle / end of the summer. All with strict social distancing limits.
Put it this way. I can't see the there being football in front of crowds before 2021/22 but we may be able to watch under strict capacity limits in a pub.
Corona Virus on 10:07 - Apr 23 with 1558 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Corona Virus on 21:40 - Apr 22 by Garyjack

He's lying. Every single chinese takeaway in Gorseinon, Pontardulais and Gowerton was closed last night.

I truly miss the Jubillee Garden in Sketty and their front of house, Chis who knows everyone’s names and orders.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Corona Virus on 11:40 - Apr 23 with 1476 viewsAce_Jack

Corona Virus on 08:43 - Apr 23 by WarwickHunt

Crace nails it. Again.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/22/raab-is-tried-and-found-wanting

It wasn't real opposition because he didn't call the tories murdering b@stards though. #JC4PM
Corona Virus on 11:44 - Apr 23 with 1471 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 09:11 - Apr 23 by Scotia

I think it'll be relaxed in stages. It has to be really. I can't see mass gatherings, like football crowds, being allowed for quite some time. But schools and more shops by the end of next month and perhaps pub's and restaurants in the middle / end of the summer. All with strict social distancing limits.
Put it this way. I can't see the there being football in front of crowds before 2021/22 but we may be able to watch under strict capacity limits in a pub.

I think sports will go on behind closed doors, they'll have to allow all things to be televised live and the fans pay a small fee to make it viable.

Obviously everybody involved would have to be tested and cleared first.

I don't see pubs/clubs/bars or restaurants being open because distancing is practically impossible, specially after alcohol!

Whitty said this will go on for the rest of the year at least, we have to accept that Covid-19 has already changed everything and we need to plan for a different future, hopefully a better one.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 17:48 - Apr 23 with 1329 viewsSwansea93

from today employers of essential workers can go on the gov.uk website and book a test for their staff. From tomorrow, essential workers will be able to do this themselves too. Relatives will be covered too. And the whole process will be free.

Results will be sent out by text.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Corona Virus on 17:51 - Apr 23 with 1316 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:48 - Apr 23 by Swansea93

from today employers of essential workers can go on the gov.uk website and book a test for their staff. From tomorrow, essential workers will be able to do this themselves too. Relatives will be covered too. And the whole process will be free.

Massive step forward,

This new testing bloke seems to have got a grip. Finally.
Corona Virus on 17:57 - Apr 23 with 1308 viewsairedale

Corona Virus on 17:48 - Apr 23 by Swansea93

England and Wales?
Corona Virus on 18:00 - Apr 23 with 1300 viewsSwansea93

Corona Virus on 17:57 - Apr 23 by airedale

England and Wales?

It didn't state a specific country but I think it's for the whole of UK

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Corona Virus on 18:01 - Apr 23 with 1295 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:57 - Apr 23 by airedale

England and Wales?

UK (or at least GB). They showed test centres in Scotland while talking about the new system.
Corona Virus on 18:08 - Apr 23 with 1266 viewsairedale

Ta guys.
Corona Virus on 18:08 - Apr 23 with 1264 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 11:44 - Apr 23 by Catullus

I think sports will go on behind closed doors, they'll have to allow all things to be televised live and the fans pay a small fee to make it viable.

Obviously everybody involved would have to be tested and cleared first.

I don't see pubs/clubs/bars or restaurants being open because distancing is practically impossible, specially after alcohol!

Whitty said this will go on for the rest of the year at least, we have to accept that Covid-19 has already changed everything and we need to plan for a different future, hopefully a better one.

Why on earth would they want to reopen the schools? Good luck with social distancing.

Still, I suppose they'll "follow the science"...

Corona Virus on 18:10 - Apr 23 with 1767 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 10:07 - Apr 23 by Brynmill_Jack

I truly miss the Jubillee Garden in Sketty and their front of house, Chis who knows everyone’s names and orders.

Brilliant

I remember Waggy Richards telling me as he booked under his surname he used to call him Richard for about 1a year or so

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024