Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 436477 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 18:13 - Apr 23 with 1718 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:08 - Apr 23 by waynekerr55

Why on earth would they want to reopen the schools? Good luck with social distancing.

Still, I suppose they'll "follow the science"...

To allow parents to go back to work.

Children don’t seem to suffer.

If they open primary schools first, most parents are also in lower risk groups. They’ll still shield higher risk people.

They have to start somewhere, I guess.

We can’t keep locked down for ever - more people will die as a result of that than be protected.
Corona Virus on 18:17 - Apr 23 with 1711 viewslifelong

Corona Virus on 18:13 - Apr 23 by londonlisa2001

If they open primary schools first, most parents are also in lower risk groups. They’ll still shield higher risk people.

We can’t keep locked down for ever - more people will die as a result of that than be protected.

The problem with parents going back to work is that many grandparents will have to step in thereby putting themselves at a greater risk.
Corona Virus on 18:24 - Apr 23 with 1692 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:17 - Apr 23 by lifelong

The problem with parents going back to work is that many grandparents will have to step in thereby putting themselves at a greater risk.

That’s the bit, I imagine, or certainly I would hope, will have to be fully thought through.

There’ll have to be widespread after school and pre school care provided to prevent that. Or only some kids go back (although that would result in some being left behind, which would be massively unfair). Or parents only work part time / mix of at home wherever possible,
Corona Virus on 18:25 - Apr 23 with 1691 viewswaynekerr55

Hmmm, maybe. I'm just a little sceptical of this. Hopefully the PPE supply chain improves globally and we can use it in some way, shape or form

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Corona Virus on 18:27 - Apr 23 with 1686 viewsA_Fans_Dad

"We can’t keep locked down for ever - more people will die as a result of that than be protected"

Got a crystal ball?
Or do actually mean "forever"?
Corona Virus on 18:29 - Apr 23 with 1683 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:25 - Apr 23 by waynekerr55

Hmmm, maybe. I'm just a little sceptical of this. Hopefully the PPE supply chain improves globally and we can use it in some way, shape or form

I’m sceptical of everything that involves leaving the house to be honest until there’s a vaccine.

But the sad reality, is that if everyone ends up with absolutely no money, more people will die. It’s an almost impossible balance.
Corona Virus on 18:39 - Apr 23 with 1666 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If the children go back to school one or both parents will have to work "school hours" to make it safe.
The situation for the last month on the Crammed tube is a simailar case, because working hours have not been staggered, none of this is rocket science it is straight forward common sense.
Corona Virus on 19:43 - Apr 23 with 1613 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:39 - Apr 23 by A_Fans_Dad

If the children go back to school one or both parents will have to work "school hours" to make it safe.
The situation for the last month on the Crammed tube is a simailar case, because working hours have not been staggered, none of this is rocket science it is straight forward common sense.

The tube isn’t crammed. It’s at 5% of usual numbers. The odd train will be fuller at rush hour, but it’s mostly empty.

It’s be far emptier of course if the mayor wasn’t a Muslim.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 19:48 - Apr 23 with 1605 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:27 - Apr 23 by A_Fans_Dad

"We can’t keep locked down for ever - more people will die as a result of that than be protected"

Got a crystal ball?
Or do actually mean "forever"?

I have no idea what you’re talking about.

If you’re saying what I think you might be saying, I’d suggest you look up the difference in a dictionary before you make yourself look even more stupid. British dictionary that is, as we aren’t American.
Corona Virus on 19:51 - Apr 23 with 1598 viewsPozuelosSideys

Corona Virus on 17:48 - Apr 23 by Swansea93

from today employers of essential workers can go on the gov.uk website and book a test for their staff. From tomorrow, essential workers will be able to do this themselves too. Relatives will be covered too. And the whole process will be free.

Results will be sent out by text.

They are £350 per test apparently, or so i was told yesterday by the medical company offering that service. They probably have a mark up on that though as private supplier. .So if you and your family are able to get your hands on that freebie, well worth it.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Corona Virus on 19:56 - Apr 23 with 1592 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:08 - Apr 23 by airedale

Ta guys.

Further to this. The BBC are now suggesting it’s England only? Which is odd, as the numbers (100,000 a day) is UK wide and that’s what they were talking about?
Corona Virus on 20:06 - Apr 23 with 1581 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 19:56 - Apr 23 by londonlisa2001

Further to this. The BBC are now suggesting it’s England only? Which is odd, as the numbers (100,000 a day) is UK wide and that’s what they were talking about?

It’s cos it’s devolved elsewhere. Hancock has no jurisdiction outside of England.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 20:09 - Apr 23 with 1578 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:06 - Apr 23 by exiledclaseboy

It’s cos it’s devolved elsewhere. Hancock has no jurisdiction outside of England.

I realise that, I just assumed from the way they were talking it was a joint decision and a joint web site.

When they talk testing capacity etc they include the UK as a whole. I think? The daily numbers they quote are UK (or GB actually for tests I think).
Corona Virus on 20:14 - Apr 23 with 1568 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:09 - Apr 23 by londonlisa2001

I realise that, I just assumed from the way they were talking it was a joint decision and a joint web site.

When they talk testing capacity etc they include the UK as a whole. I think? The daily numbers they quote are UK (or GB actually for tests I think).

The Welsh government is building its own website for test booking. Not sure about Scotland and NI. But yeah I think the ill-fated 100k target is UK-wide.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 20:48 - Apr 23 with 1518 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 18:29 - Apr 23 by londonlisa2001

I’m sceptical of everything that involves leaving the house to be honest until there’s a vaccine.

But the sad reality, is that if everyone ends up with absolutely no money, more people will die. It’s an almost impossible balance.

We have the first wave of our furloughed manufacturing staff returning to work next week which is driven by demand from several major vehicle manufacturers. Output will only be at a fraction of normal levels but it’s better than nothing and generates a little bit of cash flow and hopefully some market confidence. Other sectors of manufacturing will no doubt be in the same position. A truly astonishing amount of work has gone into social distancing measures, reorganising our manufacturing cells, policy and training plan development, procurement of PPE and so on. It was either this or simply give up and pack it all in.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 21:03 - Apr 23 with 1498 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:48 - Apr 23 by Cooperman

We have the first wave of our furloughed manufacturing staff returning to work next week which is driven by demand from several major vehicle manufacturers. Output will only be at a fraction of normal levels but it’s better than nothing and generates a little bit of cash flow and hopefully some market confidence. Other sectors of manufacturing will no doubt be in the same position. A truly astonishing amount of work has gone into social distancing measures, reorganising our manufacturing cells, policy and training plan development, procurement of PPE and so on. It was either this or simply give up and pack it all in.

Good luck with it. Genuinely, I know how much work is going into this stuff and it’s importance can’t be overstated. Getting the economy even slightly starting up will make everyone feel better. Too many are having the stress of the financial situation adding to the health situation and it’s impossible.
Corona Virus on 21:35 - Apr 23 with 1452 viewsairedale

Corona Virus on 20:09 - Apr 23 by londonlisa2001

On walkies last night we were talking to people who have a family caravan at Horton. She said that there was some confusion [before], as to whether they were allowed to go down to Horton [from the Gorseinon area], to water plants there. They discovered that in England you can, as as long as your drive is shorter than your walk, then it’s OK. So in this example, a half hour drive and an hours walk. Then they discovered this was not OK in Wales, where they don’t want you driving anywhere.

Confusing.
Corona Virus on 21:48 - Apr 23 with 1433 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 21:35 - Apr 23 by airedale

On walkies last night we were talking to people who have a family caravan at Horton. She said that there was some confusion [before], as to whether they were allowed to go down to Horton [from the Gorseinon area], to water plants there. They discovered that in England you can, as as long as your drive is shorter than your walk, then it’s OK. So in this example, a half hour drive and an hours walk. Then they discovered this was not OK in Wales, where they don’t want you driving anywhere.

Confusing.

I'm pretty certain that's not OK in England either. It's about exercise not time.
Corona Virus on 22:11 - Apr 23 with 1410 viewsDr_Winston

As it stands the rules in England allow you to drive to a place of exercise as long as you intend to spend more time exercising than driving (ie you can drive fifteen minutes if you're going to spend an hour walking).

Wales is stricter.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 22:14 - Apr 23 with 1399 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 22:11 - Apr 23 by Dr_Winston

As it stands the rules in England allow you to drive to a place of exercise as long as you intend to spend more time exercising than driving (ie you can drive fifteen minutes if you're going to spend an hour walking).

Wales is stricter.

Watering plants isn't exercise. Unless it's a massive watering can. 😁
Corona Virus on 22:21 - Apr 23 with 1386 viewschad

Corona Virus on 22:14 - Apr 23 by Scotia

Watering plants isn't exercise. Unless it's a massive watering can. 😁

Or a small watering can and ‘heavy water’

Could go nuclear
Corona Virus on 23:11 - Apr 23 with 1329 viewskarnataka

Corona Virus on 20:06 - Apr 23 by exiledclaseboy

That bloke shouldn't have jurisdiction outside of his own bedroom.
Corona Virus on 00:22 - Apr 24 with 1286 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 22:21 - Apr 23 by chad

Or a small watering can and ‘heavy water’

Could go nuclear

Oh dear Chad can you hear the black helicopters?

"In a memorandum [PDF] first spotted by The Guardian, the British government is asking that five more public authorities be added to the list of bodies that can access data scooped up under the nation's mass-surveillance laws: the Civil Nuclear Constabulary, [b/]

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/04/23/uk_snoopers_charter_sequel/

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 00:37 - Apr 24 with 1275 viewsJack123

Wtf? https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-nicotine-patches-to-be-tested-on-patients

Quite astonished by this article, things are changing so much.

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 00:43 - Apr 24 with 1884 viewsDJack

And peak stupidity has been reached...

“You know, Tucker, no one reached out to me and said, ‘As a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for your children and grandchildren?’” Patrick said. “And if that’s the exchange, I’m all in.”

“That doesn’t make me noble or brave or anything like that,” he added. “I just think there are lots of grandparents out there in this country like me.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/24/older-people-would-rather-die-than

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024