Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 432459 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 18:47 - Apr 25 with 1590 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:21 - Apr 25 by A_Fans_Dad

The drug is made all over the world, has a lapsed patent and has been approved for use since 1955.
The wholesale cost in the developing world was about US$4.65 per month as of 2015, when used for rheumatoid arthritis or lupus. In the United States the wholesale cost of a month of treatment is about US$25 as of 2020. In the United Kingdom this dose costs the National Health Service about £5.15.
Not exactly going to make a fortune compared to the costs of Vaxines is it?

Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatic disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, porphyria cutanea tarda, and Q fever, and certain types of malaria. It is considered the first-line treatment for systemic lupus erythematosus. Certain types of malaria, resistant strains, and complicated cases require different or additional medication.

It is widely used to treat primary Sjögren syndrome, but has not been shown to be effective. Hydroxychloroquine is widely used in the treatment of post-Lyme arthritis. It may have both an anti-spirochaete activity and an anti-inflammatory activity, similar to the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.

Some things are effective for use with an acceptable level of risk in one setting and not in another.

It’s a bit like bleach. It’s effective when used for cleaning the loo, not so when injecting it into yourself to treat coronavirus.

Thanks for copying and pasting Wikipedia though.
Corona Virus on 19:17 - Apr 25 with 1538 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 18:26 - Apr 25 by Professor

Vaccines are usually incredibly cheap per dose. Most are pennies

Yes some old Vaccines are pennies, but in the US they can be up to $93/dose.
But brand new Vaccines show significantly higher average prices and price variations compared to traditional vaccines, hence the $93.
http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/284832/Review-vaccine-price-

Plus there are a lot more of them required compared to treatments.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 19:18]
Corona Virus on 19:19 - Apr 25 with 1526 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 18:47 - Apr 25 by londonlisa2001

Some things are effective for use with an acceptable level of risk in one setting and not in another.

It’s a bit like bleach. It’s effective when used for cleaning the loo, not so when injecting it into yourself to treat coronavirus.

Wiki is the quickest and easiest, I can't be bothered to spend any more time than necessary on it.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 19:44]
Corona Virus on 19:38 - Apr 25 with 1498 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 17:46 - Apr 25 by Neath_Jack

See, now this is where I think one daily exercise is being taken too far. Same as those cyclists that are out doing over 50 miles a day. (not a dig at you butt, but a point of discussion).

When does exercise become excessive? The longer a person is out and about, the more chance of coming into contact with others, or having an accident.

I'm not allowed to go out for an hour or two on my enduro motorbike, but someone on a push bike can go out for 50, 100 or more miles every single day. How is that fair? And please save the "riding a motorbike isn't exercise". I will gladly let you go up a mountain trail on my bike, and see how you feel the following day (not you personally Scotia).

It's only about 40 minutes for me from the house and back. Getting quicker now too.

Totally take your point though. Plenty of people are taking the mick.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 20:22]
Corona Virus on 19:43 - Apr 25 with 1489 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 18:47 - Apr 25 by londonlisa2001

The point I was making was it is an old drug, cheap used by millions with well known side effects and safe doses.
So ask yourself this, in the clinical trials in Brazil, why did the Doctors use the even older drug Chloroquine with even worse side effects at a dangerously high dosage?
It is known to cause heart trouble at high doses and they were lucky they didn't kill their trial patients, because it is also known that COVID-19 causes heart trouble as well, especially when they are severely ill.
Corona Virus on 20:07 - Apr 25 with 1450 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 19:17 - Apr 25 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes some old Vaccines are pennies, but in the US they can be up to $93/dose.
But brand new Vaccines show significantly higher average prices and price variations compared to traditional vaccines, hence the $93.
http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/284832/Review-vaccine-price-

Plus there are a lot more of them required compared to treatments.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 19:18]

Most vaccines are pennies.
Don’t quote the US as that is including a healthy profit. I have worked on human (Haemophilus
influenzae B) and veterinary vaccines (Salmonella,
E. coli) . The target costs, even for an expensive conjugate like HiB, are below a dollar or 10
Cents per dose for human and livestock respectively. Companion animals are a bit
Different as we are twp enough to pay more for pets
And horses
Corona Virus on 20:42 - Apr 25 with 1418 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 15:06 - Apr 25 by chad

Does sound like a little more variety might be good, although I understood attendance varied depending on the particular issue being discussed.

Prof do you think those many very good scientists you mention, that sit on SAGE, have all to a person been corrupted as suggested here, as it seems a little far fetched to me, that at such a time, they would all to a person, be so lily livered to sell out their country, ideals and lifetime work...

“If it is true that Dominic Cummings attended meetings of Sage, then the government led by Boris Johnson has utterly corrupted independent scientific advice,” Richard Horton tweeted. “But I’m afraid to say that the scientists who sit on Sage have allowed themselves to be corrupted”, including the chief scientific officer and chief medical officer.

Surely at least some would have the fortitude and moral fibre to stand up to any interference, if any was forthcoming. I know for instance official statisticians will take no interference from politicians to manipulate figures even in relation to adjusting reporting periods to make them look more favourable.

From my limited experience with advisory groups that is all they are. To provide advice. My take is that herd immunity would rightly be discussed. Cummings and his crony Vallance
Went with that and other versions of advice were
Ignored. There is a question of balance and that this is dominated by opinions from Oxford, Imperial and LSHTM ( where Whitty worked prior to being CMO). I think Whitty is Ok, he is a good epidemiologist. Vallance who comes from pharma is very much a Tory stooge and a mate
Of Cummings
Corona Virus on 20:53 - Apr 25 with 1395 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 17:46 - Apr 25 by Neath_Jack

See, now this is where I think one daily exercise is being taken too far. Same as those cyclists that are out doing over 50 miles a day. (not a dig at you butt, but a point of discussion).

When does exercise become excessive? The longer a person is out and about, the more chance of coming into contact with others, or having an accident.

I'm not allowed to go out for an hour or two on my enduro motorbike, but someone on a push bike can go out for 50, 100 or more miles every single day. How is that fair? And please save the "riding a motorbike isn't exercise". I will gladly let you go up a mountain trail on my bike, and see how you feel the following day (not you personally Scotia).

What you are talking about is just tip of iceberg stuff, there is a lot more blatant disregard for the rules going on.

If you are going to start clamping down proper, well! there's a lot more going on than someone walking or jogging/cycling more than once a day. The way i see it it, the lock down is what you make of it, you are not locked down, if you want to go out you can!, no body is going to stop you.. I choose to stay in though, purely because of family who are vulnerable

libera nos a malo

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 20:59 - Apr 25 with 1381 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 17:05 - Apr 25 by A_Fans_Dad

You are wrong I have come across practically all of those reading about COVID-19 treatment.
So you are out of luck.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 17:13]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Corona Virus on 21:32 - Apr 25 with 1343 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 18:21 - Apr 25 by A_Fans_Dad

The drug is made all over the world, has a lapsed patent and has been approved for use since 1955.
The wholesale cost in the developing world was about US$4.65 per month as of 2015, when used for rheumatoid arthritis or lupus. In the United States the wholesale cost of a month of treatment is about US$25 as of 2020. In the United Kingdom this dose costs the National Health Service about £5.15.
Not exactly going to make a fortune compared to the costs of Vaxines is it?

Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatic disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, porphyria cutanea tarda, and Q fever, and certain types of malaria. It is considered the first-line treatment for systemic lupus erythematosus. Certain types of malaria, resistant strains, and complicated cases require different or additional medication.

It is widely used to treat primary Sjögren syndrome, but has not been shown to be effective. Hydroxychloroquine is widely used in the treatment of post-Lyme arthritis. It may have both an anti-spirochaete activity and an anti-inflammatory activity, similar to the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.

I read on another site (posted by a practicing Rheumatologist of over 30 years) that HCQ is the wrong kind of immunomodulator to stop a cytokine storm.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 21:33 - Apr 25 with 1340 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 16:50 - Apr 25 by Professor

Briefly:
Lysozyme (in tears)
Mucins
Antimicrobial peptides like defensins and cathelicidins
The complement pathway
Neutrophils
Cytokines
Macrophages
Gamma delta T cells
NK cells
ILCs
Dendritic cells
Th1 lymphocytes
Th2 lymphocytes
Th17 lymphocytes
Regulatory T cells
Cytotoxic T cells
B cells
Plasma cells
Antibody

I'm surprised that he hasn't screamed "hypochlorous acid" yet...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 22:06 - Apr 25 with 1300 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 21:32 - Apr 25 by DJack

I read on another site (posted by a practicing Rheumatologist of over 30 years) that HCQ is the wrong kind of immunomodulator to stop a cytokine storm.

Now you've got me imagining Trumper or Dubya trying to say immunomodulator.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 22:07 - Apr 25 with 1298 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 21:32 - Apr 25 by DJack

How many times do I have to say this "Zinc".
Look up Zinc cellular uptake.

ps for clarification
https://internetprotocol.co/hype-news/2020/04/14/a-detailed-coronavirus-treatmen
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 22:48]
Corona Virus on 22:35 - Apr 25 with 1267 viewsJack123

hmm

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 22:47 - Apr 25 with 1248 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 22:35 - Apr 25 by Jack123

hmm

We have had 20,000 deaths hospital deaths since the 5th of March, plus untold numbers in care homes and the community and these jerks are playing it down. Radio Rental.
Corona Virus on 22:55 - Apr 25 with 1233 viewsraynor94

Corona Virus on 17:05 - Apr 25 by A_Fans_Dad

You are wrong I have come across practically all of those reading about COVID-19 treatment.
So you are out of luck.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 17:13]

You need to take a break, for the sake of your health.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Corona Virus on 23:01 - Apr 25 with 1219 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 22:47 - Apr 25 by majorraglan

We have had 20,000 deaths hospital deaths since the 5th of March, plus untold numbers in care homes and the community and these jerks are playing it down. Radio Rental.

Thanks, I don't know who to believe these days, I'm just up/down up/down all the the time, it goes from your all going to die!!!!! feelings and then this one big pisstake on us.

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 23:06 - Apr 25 with 1207 viewsHumpty

Corona Virus on 22:07 - Apr 25 by A_Fans_Dad

How many times do I have to say this "Zinc".
Look up Zinc cellular uptake.

ps for clarification
https://internetprotocol.co/hype-news/2020/04/14/a-detailed-coronavirus-treatmen
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 22:48]

We've already covered zinc. Remember?

Reading another site (tech), after another failed test on HCQ one of the posters noted that the idiots promoting HCQ would then propose that the "research failed because they didn't utilise zinc" or some such other horseshit.
Corona Virus on 23:51 - Apr 25 with 1166 viewsTreforys_Jack

Corona Virus on 22:55 - Apr 25 by raynor94

You need to take a break, for the sake of your health.

This absolutely !!! You need to step away from the internet for a bit.
Corona Virus on 01:38 - Apr 26 with 1108 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 23:06 - Apr 25 by Humpty

We've already covered zinc. Remember?

Reading another site (tech), after another failed test on HCQ one of the posters noted that the idiots promoting HCQ would then propose that the "research failed because they didn't utilise zinc" or some such other horseshit.

Here is the reason for the idiots conflating Zinc & HCQ as the new grail...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4182877/

The really odd thing is that main-stream medicine is bunkum until they misuse it to promote a wacky theory... but it is us who need to WAKE UP. Fcking deluded.

Corona Virus on 01:40 - Apr 26 with 1108 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 22:35 - Apr 25 by Jack123

hmm

I don't know whether or not that you are pissed again but I will state that bog standard flu has NEVER killed so many people as fast as Covid 19, so NO it is not no-worse than flu.

Corona Virus on 01:50 - Apr 26 with 1102 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 16:43 - Apr 25 by A_Fans_Dad

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/hydrogen-peroxide-a-potential-treatment
UV blood irrigation has been used extenively in the past for many illnesses.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4783265/

You think that President Trump and I actually make this stuff up.

You make out like you know everything medical, but unfortunately you do not.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 16:46]

Apparently, many years ago the effective treatment for syphilis was arsenic...let's inject eberyone with arsenic, yay! Result, it's bound to be at least a therapeutic...

Corona Virus on 01:51 - Apr 26 with 1101 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 01:40 - Apr 26 by DJack

I don't know whether or not that you are pissed again but I will state that bog standard flu has NEVER killed so many people as fast as Covid 19, so NO it is not no-worse than flu.

Just drinking dandelion and burdock today my friend.. ;) Wake up,, goodnight.

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 02:11 - Apr 26 with 1095 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 01:51 - Apr 26 by Jack123

Just drinking dandelion and burdock today my friend.. ;) Wake up,, goodnight.

Aha, D&B lovely stuff mate. BTW I'm very awake that is why I'm concerned for you as you seem salvageable...if you are not playing a very dangerous game. Take care.

Corona Virus on 02:14 - Apr 26 with 1774 viewsDJack

Extra info. I'm not at all sure of this guys creds so please forgive me if dubious.

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/04/24/the-order-of-battle

Edit for supernummery letter "m" and absent letter "h"
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 2:16]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024