Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437996 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 07:40 - Apr 26 with 2000 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 18:38 - Apr 25 by Wingstandwood

If a pharmaceutical company becomes the first to produce a vaccine, do you think there is a possibility of it sharing its secrets/expertise with other rivals to put compassion/humanity before profit?

Or maybe at the very least, come to some kind of royalty-type arrangement so that many more doses can be mass produced by others so many more people can be inoculated from the availability of a lot more production lines?

The model with vaccines is usually small profit per dose but many, many doses. There are a number of not for profit organisations like Gavi who often provide support to allow widespread implementation and indeed development
Corona Virus on 08:18 - Apr 26 with 1972 viewsJackinexile1

Corona Virus on 17:46 - Apr 25 by Neath_Jack

See, now this is where I think one daily exercise is being taken too far. Same as those cyclists that are out doing over 50 miles a day. (not a dig at you butt, but a point of discussion).

When does exercise become excessive? The longer a person is out and about, the more chance of coming into contact with others, or having an accident.

I'm not allowed to go out for an hour or two on my enduro motorbike, but someone on a push bike can go out for 50, 100 or more miles every single day. How is that fair? And please save the "riding a motorbike isn't exercise". I will gladly let you go up a mountain trail on my bike, and see how you feel the following day (not you personally Scotia).

You followed a cyclist for 50 miles?
Corona Virus on 08:31 - Apr 26 with 1958 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 22:07 - Apr 25 by A_Fans_Dad

How many times do I have to say this "Zinc".
Look up Zinc cellular uptake.

ps for clarification
https://internetprotocol.co/hype-news/2020/04/14/a-detailed-coronavirus-treatmen
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 22:48]

Zinc. Is there anything it can't do?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 10:42 - Apr 26 with 1841 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 23:01 - Apr 25 by Jack123

Thanks, I don't know who to believe these days, I'm just up/down up/down all the the time, it goes from your all going to die!!!!! feelings and then this one big pisstake on us.

Put it this way. If in the worst year flu has caused 40,000 deaths in the UK (which it hasn’t, but let’s play along). And this year Covid causes 40,000 deaths in the UK (which it almost certainly will), it’s easy to say the two are the same.

Until you think about this. Covid has done that while we’ve all been locked up for months!

Ffs. That’s the bit that these stupid conspiracy sites ‘forget’ to mention.

Of course it’s not the same as flu. Countries don’t destroy their economies for the next 10 years for a laugh.
Corona Virus on 10:45 - Apr 26 with 1832 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 08:18 - Apr 26 by Jackinexile1

You followed a cyclist for 50 miles?

No.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 10:55 - Apr 26 with 1809 viewsZaxx

Corona Virus on 10:42 - Apr 26 by londonlisa2001

Put it this way. If in the worst year flu has caused 40,000 deaths in the UK (which it hasn’t, but let’s play along). And this year Covid causes 40,000 deaths in the UK (which it almost certainly will), it’s easy to say the two are the same.

Until you think about this. Covid has done that while we’ve all been locked up for months!

Ffs. That’s the bit that these stupid conspiracy sites ‘forget’ to mention.

Of course it’s not the same as flu. Countries don’t destroy their economies for the next 10 years for a laugh.

And that's assuming that this is a single wave phenomenon.
Corona Virus on 11:02 - Apr 26 with 1790 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 10:55 - Apr 26 by Zaxx

And that's assuming that this is a single wave phenomenon.

Agreed. The bit that’s also missed all the time.

It’s almost as if everyone has thought ‘get through this few weeks, it drops and we’re all back to normal’. You can see it every day in the stupid questions asked by the media in the daily briefing.

There’s a feeling of surprise every time someone says ‘this isn’t over until we have treatment or a vaccine’.

A lot of that is caused by the shockingly bad communication on this from the start. You can see it from those also saying how well some countries have done, it’s as though that’s it for them.
Corona Virus on 11:10 - Apr 26 with 1763 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 11:02 - Apr 26 by londonlisa2001

Agreed. The bit that’s also missed all the time.

It’s almost as if everyone has thought ‘get through this few weeks, it drops and we’re all back to normal’. You can see it every day in the stupid questions asked by the media in the daily briefing.

There’s a feeling of surprise every time someone says ‘this isn’t over until we have treatment or a vaccine’.

A lot of that is caused by the shockingly bad communication on this from the start. You can see it from those also saying how well some countries have done, it’s as though that’s it for them.

It could actually be looking bleak for a vaccine so the identify (test), confine and contact trace is really the only option. Plus permanently increase NHS capacity...or rather go back to the80% utilisation targets that were the norm when we were actually a civilised country.

Spoke to a friend who is 91 today, she thinkds she'll never be able to go safely outside again. The mental health implications for those at greatest risk are awful. For the rest of us it's bad enough.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 11:21 - Apr 26 with 1749 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 11:10 - Apr 26 by monmouth

It could actually be looking bleak for a vaccine so the identify (test), confine and contact trace is really the only option. Plus permanently increase NHS capacity...or rather go back to the80% utilisation targets that were the norm when we were actually a civilised country.

Spoke to a friend who is 91 today, she thinkds she'll never be able to go safely outside again. The mental health implications for those at greatest risk are awful. For the rest of us it's bad enough.

I’m quite positive about a vaccine. May be misplaced, but listening to Sarah Gilbert speak, she’s quite phenomenally upbeat about the chances. I realise they always think ‘their’ vaccine may work, but she’s not saying ‘it may do, it may not - I’m quite positive about it’. She’s speaking as though she KNOWS it will work, but is unsure about some detailed aspects of it.

May be misplaced, but it helps being positive at this point.

If it does work btw, it’s because of a quite extraordinary series of things that have happened by complete chance. Please God let every child in 50 years be taught her name in school and the chance decision that led to this.

Completely agree on the mental aspects. It’s a living nightmare. Impossible to get your head around what’s happened.
Corona Virus on 11:33 - Apr 26 with 1733 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 11:21 - Apr 26 by londonlisa2001

I’m quite positive about a vaccine. May be misplaced, but listening to Sarah Gilbert speak, she’s quite phenomenally upbeat about the chances. I realise they always think ‘their’ vaccine may work, but she’s not saying ‘it may do, it may not - I’m quite positive about it’. She’s speaking as though she KNOWS it will work, but is unsure about some detailed aspects of it.

If it does work btw, it’s because of a quite extraordinary series of things that have happened by complete chance. Please God let every child in 50 years be taught her name in school and the chance decision that led to this.

Completely agree on the mental aspects. It’s a living nightmare. Impossible to get your head around what’s happened.

DimDomRaab was far less upbeat earlier this morning.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 11:40 - Apr 26 with 1715 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 11:33 - Apr 26 by exiledclaseboy

DimDomRaab was far less upbeat earlier this morning.

He just said unlikely this year, not unlikely.

I’m not suggesting we’ll have a billion doses ready to go in September. Just that we will have a vaccine.

Plus, he’s an idiot.
Corona Virus on 11:42 - Apr 26 with 1708 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 11:40 - Apr 26 by londonlisa2001

He just said unlikely this year, not unlikely.

I’m not suggesting we’ll have a billion doses ready to go in September. Just that we will have a vaccine.

Plus, he’s an idiot.

All true. He also said this earlier, apparently with a straight face and no hint of irony.

“We don’t release as a matter of practice the names of all the members of Sage because the risk of them being subject to pressure, undue influence,”

You couldn’t make this stuff up.

Corona Virus on 11:45 - Apr 26 with 1695 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 11:42 - Apr 26 by exiledclaseboy

All true. He also said this earlier, apparently with a straight face and no hint of irony.

“We don’t release as a matter of practice the names of all the members of Sage because the risk of them being subject to pressure, undue influence,”

You couldn’t make this stuff up.

It comes to something when, with all seriousness, I watched Shapps doing the briefing this week and thought ‘he’s not as bad as the others’.
Corona Virus on 11:49 - Apr 26 with 1685 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 11:45 - Apr 26 by londonlisa2001

It comes to something when, with all seriousness, I watched Shapps doing the briefing this week and thought ‘he’s not as bad as the others’.

I gave up on the daily briefings about ten days ago. They’re completely asinine and pointless.

Corona Virus on 12:04 - Apr 26 with 1648 viewskarnataka

Corona Virus on 11:10 - Apr 26 by monmouth

My wife works for Age UK and visits elderly ladies who live alone and she's still doing it now but as most of them don't get out anyway, there's minimal risk but for those that would go out occasionally but can't now and have no visitors, it must really scary. My mum is 96 and hasn't been out for at least couple of months but that's not all that unusual as my 2 sisters drop in pretty much every day as they both live quite near her but I dread to think what might happen if either of both of my sisters become infected as they're both in their 70s.
Corona Virus on 12:20 - Apr 26 with 1628 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 01:38 - Apr 26 by DJack

Here is the reason for the idiots conflating Zinc & HCQ as the new grail...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4182877/

The really odd thing is that main-stream medicine is bunkum until they misuse it to promote a wacky theory... but it is us who need to WAKE UP. Fcking deluded.

Do you actually think that is the only source for Zinc and ionophore research and the use of Zinc in treatments?
Why do you keep denying reality?
Corona Virus on 12:28 - Apr 26 with 1611 viewsProfessor

They are an excellent group of researchers, several of whom I have met -
They concentrate mainly on TB, malaria and Salmonella (typhoid and non-typhoidal)
Things have generally worked well in Oxford but less so in the field (Africa
Mainly). I hope it is a success. There are relatively effective vaccines for avian coronavirus (Infectious Bronchitis) but there are far from perfect, but does show such a vaccine is not
Impossible
Corona Virus on 12:30 - Apr 26 with 1606 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 12:20 - Apr 26 by A_Fans_Dad

Do you actually think that is the only source for Zinc and ionophore research and the use of Zinc in treatments?
Why do you keep denying reality?

“Why do you keep denying reality?”

The only thing that came to mind was “lol”

Corona Virus on 12:33 - Apr 26 with 1601 viewskarnataka

Corona Virus on 12:30 - Apr 26 by exiledclaseboy

I bet you thought "wtf" as well.
Corona Virus on 13:49 - Apr 26 with 1546 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 12:28 - Apr 26 by Professor

They are an excellent group of researchers, several of whom I have met -
They concentrate mainly on TB, malaria and Salmonella (typhoid and non-typhoidal)
Things have generally worked well in Oxford but less so in the field (Africa
Mainly). I hope it is a success. There are relatively effective vaccines for avian coronavirus (Infectious Bronchitis) but there are far from perfect, but does show such a vaccine is not
Impossible

There was an interesting report on vaccines for corona virus in chickens (I think it was chickens?) and work being done based on that in Israel at the moment as an potential as well.

I think that if we, for example, can’t get to a completely effective vaccine but instead to one where the severity of infection is greatly reduced then that’s a great step forward.
Corona Virus on 14:15 - Apr 26 with 1513 viewsA_Fans_Dad

https://apnews.com/b44f4531071e6204023f7b8e16f59d4b

UV light bio tech company Signs Exclusive Global License with Cedars-Sinai for Potential Coronavirus Treatment.

That stupid idiot Trump just doesn't have a clue.
Corona Virus on 14:17 - Apr 26 with 1512 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 12:30 - Apr 26 by exiledclaseboy

Another one who doesn't get it.
Masses of research totally ignored because it isn't in the Guardian
Corona Virus on 14:27 - Apr 26 with 1496 viewsDarran

Corona Virus on 14:15 - Apr 26 by A_Fans_Dad

https://apnews.com/b44f4531071e6204023f7b8e16f59d4b

UV light bio tech company Signs Exclusive Global License with Cedars-Sinai for Potential Coronavirus Treatment.

That stupid idiot Trump just doesn't have a clue.

I had ultra violet light shone through steam to cure an infection in St Lawrence Hospital,Chepstow in the nineties after a little accident.

Just saying.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Corona Virus on 14:29 - Apr 26 with 1485 viewsDarran

Corona Virus on 14:27 - Apr 26 by Darran

I had ultra violet light shone through steam to cure an infection in St Lawrence Hospital,Chepstow in the nineties after a little accident.

Just saying.

An external infection.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Corona Virus on 14:49 - Apr 26 with 1918 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Then again maybe not.
https://www.techtimes.com/articles/248823/20200414/new-coronavirus-mutation-stra
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024