Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 424975 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 19:20 - Apr 29 with 2103 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 19:15 - Apr 29 by Garyjack

Sorry. i posted something then thought it might be inappropriate.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 19:19]

The apendage has to be 2 metres long though. Social distancing and all that.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 19:26 - Apr 29 with 2097 viewsexiledclaseboy

Missed it.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 19:28 - Apr 29 with 2088 viewsSwanjaxs

Absolutely not!

Put it back up, it was hilarious 🤣

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 21:34 - Apr 29 with 1969 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 18:42 - Apr 29 by Catullus

I shall be 53 in a couple of weeks, a lot more 50 somethings (even the healthy) are dying than expected in the beginning.
I haven't been allowed near a shop since my letter came and I am bl00dy happy with that.

I am just a little older than you and like a lot of people I have been following this story quite closely. I recently red an article about 2 hrthers who passed away on the same day just a few weeks after their father died. Tragic.
We are told a lot of the people who have become victims suffer underlying health conditions, but that’s by no means a given and it certainly seems there are quite a few fit and healthy people getting it. Was the emphasis on underlying health conditions an attempt to reassure the masses? I don’t know to be honest, but it’s affecting lots of families across the country. Stay safe.
Corona Virus on 21:41 - Apr 29 with 1956 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 18:59 - Apr 29 by exiledclaseboy

Had some face masks delivered today.

Great, I hope they are good quality and you wear them.
Corona Virus on 21:42 - Apr 29 with 1955 viewsCatullus

The news at 10 might be interesting tonight, the USA might have found something useful!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Corona Virus on 21:43 - Apr 29 with 1954 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 21:34 - Apr 29 by majorraglan

I am just a little older than you and like a lot of people I have been following this story quite closely. I recently red an article about 2 hrthers who passed away on the same day just a few weeks after their father died. Tragic.
We are told a lot of the people who have become victims suffer underlying health conditions, but that’s by no means a given and it certainly seems there are quite a few fit and healthy people getting it. Was the emphasis on underlying health conditions an attempt to reassure the masses? I don’t know to be honest, but it’s affecting lots of families across the country. Stay safe.

They may have underlying health problems, but a lot of them are not dying.
Corona Virus on 21:51 - Apr 29 with 1945 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 21:42 - Apr 29 by Catullus

The news at 10 might be interesting tonight, the USA might have found something useful!

A long lost amendment that said “forget about that gun thing”

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 21:55 - Apr 29 with 1938 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 21:51 - Apr 29 by Highjack

A long lost amendment that said “forget about that gun thing”

Doofus!! No, something about the virus, a vaccine or something....unless they've banished Trump to Naboo, that'd be really useful.

Corona Virus on 22:15 - Apr 29 with 1904 viewswaynekerr55

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/29/starmer-kills-raab-with-kindnes

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Corona Virus on 22:49 - Apr 29 with 1873 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 22:15 - Apr 29 by waynekerr55

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/29/starmer-kills-raab-with-kindnes

Nonsense, but then it's the Grauniad. I watched it, it was nothing of the sort. In fact, I thought Raab's last answer to Starmer basically put him back in his box.
Corona Virus on 22:53 - Apr 29 with 1867 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 21:55 - Apr 29 by Catullus

Doofus!! No, something about the virus, a vaccine or something....unless they've banished Trump to Naboo, that'd be really useful.

So what was it?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 22:54 - Apr 29 with 1865 viewschad

Corona Virus on 22:15 - Apr 29 by waynekerr55

Do you think Crace has a full on crush on the latest slick barrister, or is it just a summer thing?
Corona Virus on 23:05 - Apr 29 with 1847 viewschad

Think something AFD mentioned before, Remdesivir - seem to think effective treatment to aid recovery I believe (after studies)

Aus and NZ also initiating trials on HIV and ant malarial drugs
Corona Virus on 23:26 - Apr 29 with 1820 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 23:05 - Apr 29 by chad

Think something AFD mentioned before, Remdesivir - seem to think effective treatment to aid recovery I believe (after studies)

Aus and NZ also initiating trials on HIV and ant malarial drugs

If I remember corectly Professor Kim Wu-Joo in the video mentioned both Remdesivir & chloroquine.
Corona Virus on 03:44 - Apr 30 with 1741 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 23:26 - Apr 29 by A_Fans_Dad

If I remember corectly Professor Kim Wu-Joo in the video mentioned both Remdesivir & chloroquine.

Absolute scaremongering S h i t , https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52473524

Sorry for quoting you.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 3:46]

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 07:28 - Apr 30 with 1662 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 03:44 - Apr 30 by Jack123

Absolute scaremongering S h i t , https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52473524

Sorry for quoting you.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 3:46]

Absolutely. Carefully omitting that 100% of Ebola patients end up in hospital whereas somewhere around 3% of all covid patients do.

A bit like the deadly new syndrome they mentioned in children on Tuesday that may be linked to covid, except that not all children with it have tested positive for covid. So there isn't really any evidence that it is linked to covid at all. Yet.
Corona Virus on 08:30 - Apr 30 with 1627 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 22:53 - Apr 29 by Cooperman

So what was it?

That an ebola drug, Remdesivir, may reduce recovery time for some Covid paitients by about 4 days. Dr Fauci has said there is clear evidence that it worked, unfortunately a different (incomplete and earlier) study in China said there was no benefit in using Remdesivir.

Let's hope the US study is correct, at lease it will be a start.
Corona Virus on 09:32 - Apr 30 with 1583 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 22:54 - Apr 29 by chad

Do you think Crace has a full on crush on the latest slick barrister, or is it just a summer thing?

Anything is possible in 21st Century Britain, Chad

Corona Virus on 09:35 - Apr 30 with 1577 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 22:49 - Apr 29 by ploppy

Nonsense, but then it's the Grauniad. I watched it, it was nothing of the sort. In fact, I thought Raab's last answer to Starmer basically put him back in his box.

Fúcking hell Raab is so thick he couldn't open a box of chocolates never mind put anything back in

Corona Virus on 09:46 - Apr 30 with 1565 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 22:49 - Apr 29 by ploppy

Seriously?

“a re-run of last week’s encounter between the Labour leader, Keir Starmer, and the stand-in prime minister, Dominic Raab. With much the same result as last time. As you would expect when a top QC finds himself up against a rather out-of-his-depth country conveyancing solicitor” 😂

Can’t wait to see Johnson get Starmered.
Corona Virus on 10:55 - Apr 30 with 1507 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 07:28 - Apr 30 by Scotia

Absolutely. Carefully omitting that 100% of Ebola patients end up in hospital whereas somewhere around 3% of all covid patients do.

A bit like the deadly new syndrome they mentioned in children on Tuesday that may be linked to covid, except that not all children with it have tested positive for covid. So there isn't really any evidence that it is linked to covid at all. Yet.

The world of semantics.
Ebola is Deadly, killing 80-90% of those infected, but burns itself out by killing the victims.
It killed about 11,000 last time out.
But although COVID-19 is far less deadly it is far sneakier, infecting millions more, so you end up with 10 times as many dead.
Corona Virus on 13:05 - Apr 30 with 1467 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 09:46 - Apr 30 by WarwickHunt

Seriously?

“a re-run of last week’s encounter between the Labour leader, Keir Starmer, and the stand-in prime minister, Dominic Raab. With much the same result as last time. As you would expect when a top QC finds himself up against a rather out-of-his-depth country conveyancing solicitor” 😂

Can’t wait to see Johnson get Starmered.

That's not how I saw it. Each to his own. Did you watch it? If so, why do you need to quote the Grauniad? You could give your own interpretation. If you didn't watch it, you're just quoting the opinion of the Grauniad.
Corona Virus on 15:03 - Apr 30 with 1393 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 13:05 - Apr 30 by ploppy

That's not how I saw it. Each to his own. Did you watch it? If so, why do you need to quote the Grauniad? You could give your own interpretation. If you didn't watch it, you're just quoting the opinion of the Grauniad.

I quoted it because you scoffed at the Guardian and also because it was witty and a very apt summary.

Starmer v Raab is like Steven Pinker v Paul Merson.
Other opinions are available.
Corona Virus on 15:43 - Apr 30 with 2171 viewsGlyn1

What news websites do people read? And which ones are people happy to pay for? Thanks for any suggestions.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024