Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 432903 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 15:41 - May 2 with 2001 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 11:19 - May 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Then again maybe it is.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8278013/Denmarks-coronavirus-rate-infec
Unless of course all the new cases are all kids only.

I'd say that is pretty good evidence that kids may not be especially proficient spreaders of Covid. Schools open up and the R stays below 1.

Schools are probably the biggest social interaction in any society. That is very encouraging.
Corona Virus on 16:34 - May 2 with 1950 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 15:41 - May 2 by Scotia

I'd say that is pretty good evidence that kids may not be especially proficient spreaders of Covid. Schools open up and the R stays below 1.

Schools are probably the biggest social interaction in any society. That is very encouraging.

It increased by 50% in a very short time, but if you find that encouraging, that is OK by me.
Corona Virus on 16:49 - May 2 with 1940 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 16:34 - May 2 by A_Fans_Dad

It increased by 50% in a very short time, but if you find that encouraging, that is OK by me.

They opened small businesses as well so you can’t say that schools opening caused a 50% increase, just that a combination of measures that were lifted during the period has caused an increase.
Corona Virus on 17:06 - May 2 with 1922 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 10:12 - May 2 by Catullus

And doing the maths, if the government had said we tried hard but fell just short at 92,000 I reckon most of us would have been ok with it. The more rabid amongst us would have jumped on it but then, they have anyway with the postal tests aspect.

This government isn't very good at lying. Blair was a master at it but Hancock breaks out in a fidgetty, sweaty mess. He's like a spice addict in withdrawal almost every time he opens his mouth.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 17:12 - May 2 with 1917 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 16:34 - May 2 by A_Fans_Dad

It increased from 0.6 to 0.9 in about 4 weeks. That isn't 50%, and that isn't a short time frame. Despite opening schools and small businesses, including hairdressers the virus is still being eradicated.

If that isn't encouraging I don't know what is.

Apologies, you mean a 50% increase from 0.6 to 0.9.
[Post edited 2 May 2020 20:09]
Corona Virus on 17:17 - May 2 with 1910 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 16:49 - May 2 by londonlisa2001

They opened small businesses as well so you can’t say that schools opening caused a 50% increase, just that a combination of measures that were lifted during the period has caused an increase.

Oh, I agree, but the downward trend in daily cases has not continued, it dropped from 390/day on the 7th of April to 144/day on the 14th the day before the lockdown was eased for schools.
It rose to the 190s for a short period and then the small businesses were eased on the 20th. Since then it has peaked on the 22nd at 217 and again on the 25th with 235 and is now back down to the mid 150s.
Showing that their lockdown was working to reduce cases/day and has now stopped and plateaued.
Corona Virus on 17:19 - May 2 with 1908 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 17:17 - May 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Oh, I agree, but the downward trend in daily cases has not continued, it dropped from 390/day on the 7th of April to 144/day on the 14th the day before the lockdown was eased for schools.
It rose to the 190s for a short period and then the small businesses were eased on the 20th. Since then it has peaked on the 22nd at 217 and again on the 25th with 235 and is now back down to the mid 150s.
Showing that their lockdown was working to reduce cases/day and has now stopped and plateaued.

Christian Wejse, a scientist at the department of infectious diseases at Aarhus University, said: 'There are no signs what so ever that the partial reopening has caused a bigger spread of infection.

I just pasted that from the mail link.
Corona Virus on 17:53 - May 2 with 1879 viewschad

Corona Virus on 10:23 - May 2 by majorraglan

I agree with you, if the government had come clean and said we did our best and are just short..... look at where we started look how far we’ve come, next week blah blah blah most people would have accepted it.

To be fair 92,000 isn’t that far short, it they had only managed 30,000 then that’s a different story. Lying and manipulating the stats to make it look good is the issue and also the fact that 30,000 tests have seemingly been sent out to people who don’t need them just to make the numbers up, it’s scandalous.

Edit - Link added

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-test-uk-target-daily-
[Post edited 2 May 2020 10:50]

30,000 tests have seemingly been sent out to people who don’t need them just to make the numbers up, it’s scandalous.’

What evidence do you have of this?

Or is it just made up?
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 19:18 - May 2 with 1828 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 17:19 - May 2 by Scotia

Christian Wejse, a scientist at the department of infectious diseases at Aarhus University, said: 'There are no signs what so ever that the partial reopening has caused a bigger spread of infection.

I just pasted that from the mail link.

Did you even bother to read what I wrote?
What is it with you people.
Do you know what a Plateau is?
Corona Virus on 19:19 - May 2 with 1826 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 19:18 - May 2 by A_Fans_Dad

I know it’s not a proper noun if that helps.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 19:28 - May 2 with 1817 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 19:19 - May 2 by exiledclaseboy

Wasn’t he that disgraced fifa ex footballer bloke? Michel Plateau

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 19:45 - May 2 with 1801 viewsA_Fans_Dad

With you guys posting actual data on here is like casting pearls before swine.
But if you are happy putting up with bullshit answers from the likes of Lisa that is fine by me, it is your loss.
Corona Virus on 19:59 - May 2 with 1788 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 19:18 - May 2 by A_Fans_Dad

You posted a link to try and demonstrate that opening of schools in Denmark showed that children were spreading the virus and relaxing their lock down wasn't working.
Whereas, yet again, the link actually stated that easing their lock down was clearly a success.
I can't wait for the day we are in the Danes position.
Corona Virus on 21:55 - May 2 with 1714 viewsNortbankboy

BIG NEWS BORIS NAMES BABY.
What's the latest on the virus?
Corona Virus on 22:58 - May 2 with 1671 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Well that depends doesn't it
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=QB0Q3CG-YZwC&pg=PA15&lpg=PA15&dq=is+plateau+
Item 5 Proper Noun
Deccan Plateau, Northern Plateau.
Corona Virus on 23:11 - May 2 with 1663 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 22:58 - May 2 by A_Fans_Dad

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=QB0Q3CG-YZwC&pg=PA15&lpg=PA15&dq=is+plateau+
Item 5 Proper Noun

Put that shovel down, you dozy twàt.
Corona Virus on 23:34 - May 2 with 1645 viewsexiledclaseboy

Item 5 Proper Noun

And you wonder why people think you’re stupid.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 06:25 - May 3 with 1557 viewsJackinexile1

Item 5 Proper Noun

Thank you for making my early Sunday (proper noun) morning a humorous one.
Corona Virus on 09:19 - May 3 with 1494 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 19:28 - May 2 by monmouth

Wasn’t he that disgraced fifa ex footballer bloke? Michel Plateau

No mun it’s a Greek philosopher as pronounced by a posh person.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 10:58 - May 3 with 1424 viewsNotLoyal

Corona Virus on 17:53 - May 2 by chad

30,000 tests have seemingly been sent out to people who don’t need them just to make the numbers up, it’s scandalous.’

What evidence do you have of this?

Or is it just made up?

Everybody has a version of their own political leaning, dependent on who they follow. Personally, I choose to gather the facts and say fck em all.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Corona Virus on 12:37 - May 3 with 1386 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 15:00 - May 2 by A_Fans_Dad

But by then everybody knew that Wuhan was in complete lockdown with COVID-19, it is not rocket science to check whether they came back from China or were in contact with China.
South Korea had their first case on the 20th of January and immediately started Test and Trace & quarantine.
Their KMA asked for a ban on entry of all travellers from China on the 26th of January.
By the 28th of February they had conducted 53,000 tests.
Singapore first case on the 23rd of January, they had already introduced temperature testing on the 2nd of January and were quarantining Chinese travellers by the 22nd of January.
Taiwan, first case 21st of January, they introduced Temperature testing on the 31st of December.

Do you see the difference between the reactions to Wuhan of those countries that had experienced recent epidemics and the sleeping Governments in the West?

Ok but when did they visit China and if not who did they catch it from? How long had they been home before showing symptoms?

What is also shows is there were possibly Covid-19 cases out in the world before China did lockdown. We don't know how many people may have had the mild version and put it down to flu.
You say it's not rocket science and fair enough but what if those checks prove there were widespread cases before China came clean?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 18:14 - May 3 with 1306 viewsGlyn1

The Sunday Times reports that there's been a national steep decline in reported crimes over the last few months, overall in Wales, Northern Ireland and England recorded crime fell by 9%. The latest figures are for March, which is when all of this was starting and Sgorio started this thread.

Personal theft fell by -31%, shoplifting fell by -28% (social distancing in small stores may explain some of that), bike theft fell by -27%, burglary fell by -22% and robbery by -21%.

However, public order offences rose by 8% and there was a 5% rise in anti-social behaviour.

What the newspaper didn't point out that burglars' incomes have been severely hurt by this, but where's the Govt support? Burglars have families too, you know.
[Post edited 3 May 2020 18:15]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Corona Virus on 18:34 - May 3 with 1278 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:14 - May 3 by Glyn1

The Sunday Times reports that there's been a national steep decline in reported crimes over the last few months, overall in Wales, Northern Ireland and England recorded crime fell by 9%. The latest figures are for March, which is when all of this was starting and Sgorio started this thread.

Personal theft fell by -31%, shoplifting fell by -28% (social distancing in small stores may explain some of that), bike theft fell by -27%, burglary fell by -22% and robbery by -21%.

However, public order offences rose by 8% and there was a 5% rise in anti-social behaviour.

What the newspaper didn't point out that burglars' incomes have been severely hurt by this, but where's the Govt support? Burglars have families too, you know.
[Post edited 3 May 2020 18:15]

“ shoplifting fell by -28% (social distancing in small stores may explain some of that),”

I’m thinking the rest may be explained by there being no shops open for the past 5 weeks...
Corona Virus on 20:09 - May 3 with 1238 viewslifelong

Corona Virus on 18:34 - May 3 by londonlisa2001

“ shoplifting fell by -28% (social distancing in small stores may explain some of that),”

I’m thinking the rest may be explained by there being no shops open for the past 5 weeks...

Plus most houses are now occupied all day and night, burglars prefer homes to be unoccupied.
Corona Virus on 20:15 - May 3 with 1949 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 20:09 - May 3 by lifelong

Plus most houses are now occupied all day and night, burglars prefer homes to be unoccupied.

But get Brexit done, tough on crime, follow the science and any other bland, populist slogan trumps all of that, Lifey

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024