Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 432633 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 18:11 - May 4 with 2358 viewswaynekerr55

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Corona Virus on 18:15 - May 4 with 2355 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:11 - May 4 by waynekerr55

I’d be genuinely concerned about downloading anything that has Cummings’ fingerprints anywhere near it.

I’d need a lot more assurance before doing so. Plus, I’m not convinced it will be helpful in central London. The bloody thing will tell me I’ve been in contact with people on a daily basis. It’ll be terrifying. Plus won’t stop me getting it from an older person without a smart phone...
Corona Virus on 18:20 - May 4 with 2344 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 18:15 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

I’d be genuinely concerned about downloading anything that has Cummings’ fingerprints anywhere near it.

I’d need a lot more assurance before doing so. Plus, I’m not convinced it will be helpful in central London. The bloody thing will tell me I’ve been in contact with people on a daily basis. It’ll be terrifying. Plus won’t stop me getting it from an older person without a smart phone...

Personally speaking I'd be interested to see who will hand over data to Cummings...

Corona Virus on 18:31 - May 4 with 2322 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 18:20 - May 4 by waynekerr55

Personally speaking I'd be interested to see who will hand over data to Cummings...

Could be tinfoil hattery but I imagine they’ve probably got access to all our data already.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 18:49 - May 4 with 2295 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:31 - May 4 by Highjack

Could be tinfoil hattery but I imagine they’ve probably got access to all our data already.

Quite possibly. I’m rarely bothered by privacy stuff since I assume they’ve everything on us already, but I am alarmed by Cummings and his mates being anywhere near this tracing app.
Corona Virus on 18:51 - May 4 with 2293 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 18:15 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

You’re going to need a phone that dates sometime after 1998 mush.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 18:54 - May 4 with 2279 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:51 - May 4 by exiledclaseboy

You’re going to need a phone that dates sometime after 1998 mush.

Hahaha.

The thought had occurred to me...

There’s no way that app will work on my phone.
Corona Virus on 19:05 - May 4 with 2259 viewsPozuelosSideys

Corona Virus on 18:11 - May 4 by waynekerr55

Any proof of this pls? Im loath to listen to tittle tattle from a random twitter account which has its own personal agendas, but if that is true it is a huge mission creep, especially when ive heard first hand they refused to decentralise the data grab which even Apple and Google didnt attempt to lift for their own grubby ends.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 19:14 - May 4 with 2248 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 19:05 - May 4 by PozuelosSideys

Any proof of this pls? Im loath to listen to tittle tattle from a random twitter account which has its own personal agendas, but if that is true it is a huge mission creep, especially when ive heard first hand they refused to decentralise the data grab which even Apple and Google didnt attempt to lift for their own grubby ends.

The ICO will be all over this given the profile, they’ve already released some extensive guidance on how the app should work and the resultant data collected and stored. It’s something to be vigilant about but I’m not overly concerned.

Corona Virus on 19:21 - May 4 with 2231 viewsPozuelosSideys

Corona Virus on 19:14 - May 4 by exiledclaseboy

The ICO will be all over this given the profile, they’ve already released some extensive guidance on how the app should work and the resultant data collected and stored. It’s something to be vigilant about but I’m not overly concerned.

Not sure i would be putting so much trust in the ICO here. The amount of Government agencies that already have access to our personal data which most people are unaware of is staggering. None of it was approved. It will very much be a case of take first, worry about teh ramifications later, very much like a number of our police forces do as it goes.

I wont be downloading anything and would suggest everybody else should take a good think about it doing themselves first. Can you trust the parties involved? Can you trust them to look after your info? Do you know exactly who holds what and where its going and what its being used for?

If they make it a legal obligation to use something like this to be able to leave the house, i will be getting a second phone so i can leave it at home gathering dust.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Corona Virus on 19:39 - May 4 with 2211 viewswaynekerr55

I'd suggest that this would be libellous if not true. Not withstanding the data issue its hugely concerning that procurement rules appear to have been ignored and money dished out to Cumming's inner circle. Call me a cynic but why wouldn't other Android/Apple developers be invited to tender?

Corona Virus on 20:22 - May 4 with 2181 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 14:15 - May 4 by Highjack

I’m convinced I had it before christmas as well.

My brother in law was absolutely convinced he had over Christmas, in fact missed his Christmas lunch because he was in bed with a terrible cough and fever.

He then had similar symptoms in the middle of April. This time his daughter and wife had them too. His daughter is a nurse and tested positive for covid.

I hope to god he had something else over Christmas or you can get it twice. I've got no doubt it was out and about before China notified people though.
Corona Virus on 20:32 - May 4 with 2163 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 20:22 - May 4 by Scotia

My brother in law was absolutely convinced he had over Christmas, in fact missed his Christmas lunch because he was in bed with a terrible cough and fever.

He then had similar symptoms in the middle of April. This time his daughter and wife had them too. His daughter is a nurse and tested positive for covid.

I hope to god he had something else over Christmas or you can get it twice. I've got no doubt it was out and about before China notified people though.

He probably had Australian flu at Christmas, it has very similar symptoms, but affects the lungs differently.
Corona Virus on 20:34 - May 4 with 2158 viewsexiledclaseboy

If everyone who thinks they’ve already had it had actually already had it we’d have achieved herd immunity by now.

Corona Virus on 20:38 - May 4 with 2150 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 18:31 - May 4 by Highjack

South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and the Phillippines all use the same kind of App.
Corona Virus on 21:24 - May 4 with 2106 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 20:38 - May 4 by A_Fans_Dad

South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and the Phillippines all use the same kind of App.

It's not the app that is a concern, per se, it's the people developing it have a knack of misusing data.

Corona Virus on 21:28 - May 4 with 2104 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 20:38 - May 4 by A_Fans_Dad

Don't know about the others but South Korea also use CCTV, bank records and phone records to do their contact tracing - as reported on the BBC over the weekend. That's how to do it properly. Trouble is, try do do it in this country and people like Chakrabarti would be all over the TV moaning about human rights and civil liberties. People are already moaning about the app.
Corona Virus on 21:39 - May 4 with 2087 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 21:28 - May 4 by ploppy

Don't know about the others but South Korea also use CCTV, bank records and phone records to do their contact tracing - as reported on the BBC over the weekend. That's how to do it properly. Trouble is, try do do it in this country and people like Chakrabarti would be all over the TV moaning about human rights and civil liberties. People are already moaning about the app.

People aren’t moaning about the app.

People are concerned about the people behind the app.

What about having someone not connected to the government do it? Radical obviously.
[Post edited 4 May 2020 21:40]
Corona Virus on 22:03 - May 4 with 2063 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 21:39 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

People aren’t moaning about the app.

People are concerned about the people behind the app.

What about having someone not connected to the government do it? Radical obviously.
[Post edited 4 May 2020 21:40]

People ARE moaning about the app. A woman from the Isle of Wight on yesterday's news was saying she didn't want to be used as a guinea pig.

Personally, I'd have the app on my phone the minute it was available. It doesn't bother me in the slightest - plus it's for the greater good.

I don't give a flying feck if the government want to know where I've been but clearly this app doesn't need to track anything of the sort. All it needs to do is know whether it's been in the vicinity of another phone (not person) whose "owner" subsequently tests positive - it doesn't need location data. I'm guessing those that distrust the app wouldn't be happy until they saw the source code of the app (and 99.9% of them wouldn't understand it anyway). Even then they'd suspect something nefarious was going on under the hood.

So, let me ask you a question: in the future track, trace, isolate world, even if you have no phone with no "nasty" app, if you test positive and the trackers/tracers want to know where you've been and when, and who you've been in contact with, would you happily tell them?
Corona Virus on 22:53 - May 4 with 2013 viewshobo

Corona Virus on 17:47 - May 4 by Swanjaxs

288 deaths in the past 24hrs.

Lowest since March, one small step but a little crumb of comfort perhaps 🙏

Yup good news, however we're still at the peak with new cases, although it is starting to trend downwards. We need some consistent drops in numbers over the next week or two
Corona Virus on 22:54 - May 4 with 2011 viewsbennytheblue

Corona Virus on 22:03 - May 4 by ploppy

People ARE moaning about the app. A woman from the Isle of Wight on yesterday's news was saying she didn't want to be used as a guinea pig.

Personally, I'd have the app on my phone the minute it was available. It doesn't bother me in the slightest - plus it's for the greater good.

I don't give a flying feck if the government want to know where I've been but clearly this app doesn't need to track anything of the sort. All it needs to do is know whether it's been in the vicinity of another phone (not person) whose "owner" subsequently tests positive - it doesn't need location data. I'm guessing those that distrust the app wouldn't be happy until they saw the source code of the app (and 99.9% of them wouldn't understand it anyway). Even then they'd suspect something nefarious was going on under the hood.

So, let me ask you a question: in the future track, trace, isolate world, even if you have no phone with no "nasty" app, if you test positive and the trackers/tracers want to know where you've been and when, and who you've been in contact with, would you happily tell them?

I saw that women from IOW on the news going in about guinea pigs ffs....can she not see the bigger picture! At a time when people are coming forward in there 1000’s to test the vaccine and this mugwump can’t even handle an app, makes me puke man
Corona Virus on 23:05 - May 4 with 1997 viewsCatullus

Given the people/companies we freely give our data to and the governments own capabilities to track us, what is the problem exactly?

People have Alexa and other similar tech at home, our data is being harvested every fay and people worry about an app that might save lives?

I don't know for certain, I'm no expert, but I'd be surprised if this app told them anything about me they didn't already know or could find out. As long as it's safe, that is doesn't carry any viruses or trojan horse/worm thingy's then fine.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 23:18 - May 4 with 1987 viewsJack_Meoff

I'm guessing this tweet relates to Faculty?

'Faculty is run by Marc Warner, whose brother Ben Warner, a data scientist, was reportedly recruited to Downing Street last year by Cummings after running the data modelling for the Conservative party’s general election campaign. Ben Warner is a former senior employee at Faculty and is also said to have worked on Vote Leave.

Ben Warner hit the headlines when the Guardian revealed he and Cummings have been attending meetings of Sage, which provides advice to ministers on Covid-19. One Sage attendee told the Guardian that Warner was a regular participant in meetings and “behaved as Cummings’ deputy”.'

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/04/vote-leave-ai-firm-wins-seven-gove

'Faculty is proud to be working, along with other industry partners, to support the NHS response to the COVID-19 pandemic, by helping support the national teams in their use of data.

'Faculty will be supporting the development and execution of the data response strategy. This includes developing dashboards, models and simulations to provide key central government decision-makers with a deeper level of information about the current and future coronavirus situation to help inform the response.'

https://faculty.ai/blog/faculty-supports-nhs-response-to-covid-19/
[Post edited 4 May 2020 23:43]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Corona Virus on 01:33 - May 5 with 1927 viewsJack123

Well, that's better, looking at the worldodometer site, the daily death rates around the world seemed to have gone down 50% from what they were a week ago, long may this trend continue.

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 06:49 - May 5 with 2429 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 23:18 - May 4 by Jack_Meoff

I'm guessing this tweet relates to Faculty?

'Faculty is run by Marc Warner, whose brother Ben Warner, a data scientist, was reportedly recruited to Downing Street last year by Cummings after running the data modelling for the Conservative party’s general election campaign. Ben Warner is a former senior employee at Faculty and is also said to have worked on Vote Leave.

Ben Warner hit the headlines when the Guardian revealed he and Cummings have been attending meetings of Sage, which provides advice to ministers on Covid-19. One Sage attendee told the Guardian that Warner was a regular participant in meetings and “behaved as Cummings’ deputy”.'

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/04/vote-leave-ai-firm-wins-seven-gove

'Faculty is proud to be working, along with other industry partners, to support the NHS response to the COVID-19 pandemic, by helping support the national teams in their use of data.

'Faculty will be supporting the development and execution of the data response strategy. This includes developing dashboards, models and simulations to provide key central government decision-makers with a deeper level of information about the current and future coronavirus situation to help inform the response.'

https://faculty.ai/blog/faculty-supports-nhs-response-to-covid-19/
[Post edited 4 May 2020 23:43]

It would be interesting to see exactly how faculty are "supporting" the app development. They could have a very small role. .
[Post edited 5 May 2020 6:53]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024