Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 433025 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 07:07 - May 5 with 1752 viewsbennytheblue

Corona Virus on 01:33 - May 5 by Jack123

Well, that's better, looking at the worldodometer site, the daily death rates around the world seemed to have gone down 50% from what they were a week ago, long may this trend continue.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/23/coronavirus-dies-within-70-days-no-m
Corona Virus on 08:51 - May 5 with 1685 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 06:49 - May 5 by Scotia

It would be interesting to see exactly how faculty are "supporting" the app development. They could have a very small role. .
[Post edited 5 May 2020 6:53]

For 250m?

If it's in the public interest why not put it to tender? Also, why are we one of the few countries to use the centralised approach with the app? This may cause problems if Apps are used as health passports as they may not work with others countries own ones.
[Post edited 5 May 2020 8:54]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Corona Virus on 09:25 - May 5 with 1669 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 08:51 - May 5 by waynekerr55

For 250m?

If it's in the public interest why not put it to tender? Also, why are we one of the few countries to use the centralised approach with the app? This may cause problems if Apps are used as health passports as they may not work with others countries own ones.

Possibly because a Government tender process takes forever.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 09:33 - May 5 with 1655 viewsDr_Winston

You may disagree with him (I do on a few things), but it's worth listening to Prof. Johan Giesecke.

https://unherd.com/thepost/coming-up-epidemiologist-prof-johan-giesecke-shares-l

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 10:05 - May 5 with 1618 viewsmagicdaps10

So it now seems that someone in France had the virus when tested on Dec 27th and had no travel history, his wife worked in a supermarket near Frances main airport.

It is looking more and more likely that this virus was with us well before we have been informed.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Corona Virus on 10:14 - May 5 with 1605 viewsScotia

For 250m?

I completely agree about the centralised apporoach it doesn't seem to make much sense. I just hope it works.

I haven't really read the links so didn't realise they'd been given £250m.
Corona Virus on 10:24 - May 5 with 1588 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 09:25 - May 5 by Dr_Winston

Possibly because a Government tender process takes forever.

So just conveniently give it to the brother of the PMs SpADs bwst friend...

But a salient point, well made Doc

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Corona Virus on 10:54 - May 5 with 1556 viewsJack_Meoff

For 250m?

An AI firm building what's essentially a centralised surveillance app, basically awarded the contract due to nepotism.

I don't see what this could possibly be used for in the longer term. Nothing to worry about whatsoever.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 10:57 - May 5 with 1549 viewschad

Corona Virus on 09:33 - May 5 by Dr_Winston

You may disagree with him (I do on a few things), but it's worth listening to Prof. Johan Giesecke.

https://unherd.com/thepost/coming-up-epidemiologist-prof-johan-giesecke-shares-l

This post has been edited by an administrator

Seems counterintuitive, but who really knew / knows if strict lockdown is the wrong policy at the end of the day.

“We should be having this conversation in a year” indeed and even then there will be so much unknown.

And of the decisions taken now, many have, of need, to be reactive and based on incomplete and conflicting science.

Would more testing tracking and tracing have been helpful. You would definitely think so, and it was ominous when this no longer was thought viable, but if this was already circulating silently in Dec, makes it much more difficult. You would have to hope a widely usable and accurate immunity test will become available ASAP to start to give a real picture.
Corona Virus on 11:07 - May 5 with 1526 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 10:57 - May 5 by chad

Seems counterintuitive, but who really knew / knows if strict lockdown is the wrong policy at the end of the day.

“We should be having this conversation in a year” indeed and even then there will be so much unknown.

And of the decisions taken now, many have, of need, to be reactive and based on incomplete and conflicting science.

Would more testing tracking and tracing have been helpful. You would definitely think so, and it was ominous when this no longer was thought viable, but if this was already circulating silently in Dec, makes it much more difficult. You would have to hope a widely usable and accurate immunity test will become available ASAP to start to give a real picture.

He was a fascinating bloke to listen to. Very blunt, no bullshit.

Don't agree with all he said but what he did say was interesting. Think decisions like this are always a mix of science and politics.

Corona Virus on 13:00 - May 5 with 1453 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 10:57 - May 5 by chad

Today the Welsh government announced a 'highly ambitious' tracing and testing plan. One day it's not viable, the next it is.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 17:19 - May 5 with 1385 viewsBytholWyn

Corona Virus on 11:07 - May 5 by Dr_Winston

He was a fascinating bloke to listen to. Very blunt, no bullshit.

Don't agree with all he said but what he did say was interesting. Think decisions like this are always a mix of science and politics.

Agreed it makes for interesting listening. Mind you he comes across as rather defensive, not surprising given what's at stake, given that he's clearly influenced the decision-making process in Sweden. He's very critical of the lack of evidence underpinning some of the decision making process in the UK and elsewhere, yet is quite happy to speculate on the proportion of the population in Sweden and the UK with the disease. It's worth noting that although Sweden is held up in some quarters as a success story for a light touch approach to the disease, the death rate in the country is 5 times the average of their three Scandinavian neighbours: Denmark, Norway and Finland.

Perhaps those that favour the a mitigation rather than lockdown approach will be vindicated in the long run, but I very much doubt it. For a start, with the issues around PPE in particular the safety first approach, suppressing as much as possible at the outset, makes so much sense. Take the precautionary approach, take stock, put right any shortfalls in preparations, then start to ease the lockdown. Which is exactly the approach taken by countries such as Australia, New Zealand and Denmark, to name but a few. The irony is, is that thanks to suppressing the illness they are in a far better position to re-open their economies sooner, which was obviously a concern that significantly affected the UK government's thinking from the outset.

For an outsider, no axe-to-grind perspective this is a decent summary of how things have panned out in the UK: https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/biggest-failure-in-a-generation-where-did-br
Corona Virus on 17:20 - May 5 with 1384 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 13:00 - May 5 by Catullus

Today the Welsh government announced a 'highly ambitious' tracing and testing plan. One day it's not viable, the next it is.

Plans are always viable. See Johnson A B DeP (250,000 tests a day, send virus packing) and Handjob M (anything, anything, just please let me be able to wear long trousers.)

It's actually achieving plans that's the issue. Still why not just lie and cheat (see Johnson A B DeP & Handjob M).

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 17:50 - May 5 with 1359 viewsHighjack

Anybody seen the massive queue of people by the stadium today? KFC was open apparently.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 17:57 - May 5 with 1352 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:50 - May 5 by Highjack

Anybody seen the massive queue of people by the stadium today? KFC was open apparently.

There were pictures of huge lines of traffic (it’s the drive through that’s opened isn’t it)?

They are using the stadium car park as a testing centre from next week I think. They’d better tell KFC to shut otherwise no one will be able to get there due to people being unable to do without chicken and chips.
Corona Virus on 20:36 - May 5 with 1276 viewsNeath_Jack

Neil Ferguson resigns from SAGE after breaking lockdown rules.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 20:41 - May 5 with 1265 viewsScotia

The car park was full of delivery drivers on Sunday. Imagine what wil happen when mcdonald's opens too.
Corona Virus on 20:52 - May 5 with 1247 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:36 - May 5 by Neath_Jack

Neil Ferguson resigns from SAGE after breaking lockdown rules.

And have you seen the reason?

Ffs - it’s a few months you dull morons. Dear God. Can’t you leave the affairs alone for a few weeks.

Kilkenny - you win - they’re all as thick as sh*t...
Corona Virus on 20:55 - May 5 with 1244 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:52 - May 5 by londonlisa2001

And have you seen the reason?

Ffs - it’s a few months you dull morons. Dear God. Can’t you leave the affairs alone for a few weeks.

Kilkenny - you win - they’re all as thick as sh*t...

My Mrs had to “go to work” today. She was out if the house for 90 minutes. Now I’m suspicious.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 21:52 - May 5 with 1189 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 20:34 - May 4 by exiledclaseboy

If everyone who thinks they’ve already had it had actually already had it we’d have achieved herd immunity by now.

And judging by the scale of people just on here who've claimed to have had it or knows people that did. The death rate in this country would be 4 times the figure it stands at present, if the virus went unchecked for almost 3 months!
Corona Virus on 22:19 - May 5 with 1163 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 10:05 - May 5 by magicdaps10

So it now seems that someone in France had the virus when tested on Dec 27th and had no travel history, his wife worked in a supermarket near Frances main airport.

It is looking more and more likely that this virus was with us well before we have been informed.

Have you got a credible link to this story?

It’s not that I’m doubting you, I would just like a read.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 22:22 - May 5 with 1155 viewschad

Corona Virus on 22:19 - May 5 by Cooperman

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52526554
Corona Virus on 22:24 - May 5 with 1151 viewsmagicdaps10

Corona Virus on 22:19 - May 5 by Cooperman

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52526554

Of course.
[Post edited 5 May 2020 22:26]

Corona Virus on 22:26 - May 5 with 1141 viewsCooperman

How many tests were conducted today (or is it yesterday’s data that is reported today)?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 22:32 - May 5 with 1432 viewsmagicdaps10

Corona Virus on 17:57 - May 5 by londonlisa2001

There were pictures of huge lines of traffic (it’s the drive through that’s opened isn’t it)?

They are using the stadium car park as a testing centre from next week I think. They’d better tell KFC to shut otherwise no one will be able to get there due to people being unable to do without chicken and chips.

Preventing people to get to Boots for their prescriptions, people were unable also to get to Morrison.

It doesn't sadden me that KFC opened but the fact that so many people rushed out as you say for "Chicken and chips"........this is why we will struggle to beat the virus, if people can't control themselves now, imagine once restrictions are lifted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024