Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 425099 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 22:40 - May 5 with 1577 viewsmagicdaps10

Corona Virus on 21:52 - May 5 by Garyjack

And judging by the scale of people just on here who've claimed to have had it or knows people that did. The death rate in this country would be 4 times the figure it stands at present, if the virus went unchecked for almost 3 months!

See the link for the France virus detected in December.
The dates will go back further on that for sure, it was proven at present it was in France before Christmas.

Deaths were probably being put down to other reasons, Aussie flu has to be questioned...... Call in to your GP at the time, give/test your symptoms, GP hits their keyboard....... Boom, Aussie Flu!

GPS knew little to nothing about covid 19 back when " Aussie flu" was rife.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Corona Virus on 23:09 - May 5 with 1543 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 22:26 - May 5 by Cooperman

How many tests were conducted today (or is it yesterday’s data that is reported today)?

Yesterday’s test numbers were reported today in Dominic Raab’s briefing, the scores on the doors were 84,806. So apart from the 1 day where they included a shed load of posted samples, they haven’t hit the target.
To be honest, I wouldn’t mind if they hadn’t hit the target and were a couple of thousand ( or even 10k short) as long as they were making positive strides in the right direction and were above board, but they weren’t which the big issue. I believe integrity is of the utmost importance and sadly, with a lot of the current politicians it’s clearly lacking.
Corona Virus on 23:23 - May 5 with 1529 viewsairedale

Corona Virus on 22:26 - May 5 by Cooperman

How many tests were conducted today (or is it yesterday’s data that is reported today)?

Makes you wonder when ‘today’ begins and ends, how the data is collected, then input into the system, then how is it compiled, and finally how many formats its presented in and for who.

I’d stab a guess at Yesterday.

Or the day before?
[Post edited 5 May 2020 23:24]
Corona Virus on 23:47 - May 5 with 1508 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 23:23 - May 5 by airedale

Makes you wonder when ‘today’ begins and ends, how the data is collected, then input into the system, then how is it compiled, and finally how many formats its presented in and for who.

I’d stab a guess at Yesterday.

Or the day before?
[Post edited 5 May 2020 23:24]

If it's done the same way as they announce the daily death count, it's pretty much a waste of time, it just seems to be spread over a week or so, I don't think any of the figures are accurate.

Just to add, I don't mean to be blase when talking about death, it's a horrible thing this virus, but these daily figures for testing/ and the poor ones who have lost their lives are completely inaccurate, as in not in real time, as it's perceived to be.
[Post edited 5 May 2020 23:48]

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 00:11 - May 6 with 1478 viewsmajorraglan

Interesting article in the Guardian about how information is being presented during the Downing Street briefings and comparisons made with other Countries. I appreciate it’s come from the Guardian which don’t everyones cup of tea, but their investigative journalism is well respected. Anyway, rad and make your own minds up.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/may/05/why-no-10s-covid-19-death-toll-s
Corona Virus on 00:40 - May 6 with 1448 viewsairedale

Corona Virus on 23:47 - May 5 by Jack123

If it's done the same way as they announce the daily death count, it's pretty much a waste of time, it just seems to be spread over a week or so, I don't think any of the figures are accurate.

Just to add, I don't mean to be blase when talking about death, it's a horrible thing this virus, but these daily figures for testing/ and the poor ones who have lost their lives are completely inaccurate, as in not in real time, as it's perceived to be.
[Post edited 5 May 2020 23:48]

Yeah. I did work in a data department years ago and it makes you wary. Did some work once for the House, where one side used data from Treaty of Paris definitions, and the other from Treaty of Rome.

They debated it.

And I got incredibly depressed.

I chuckle now when I read posts sometimes.
Corona Virus on 01:02 - May 6 with 1428 viewsmajorraglan

ONS have published ther most recent death rates, between the 21st of March and 24th of April there were almost 38,500 excess deaths when compared the the average figure for the previous 5 years. Looking at the numbers there a slight drop in the week ending the 24th, it’s only a few hundred but let’s hope it’s the beginning of a consistent improvement.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=%2fpeoplepopulationandcommunity%2fbirthsdeathsan
Corona Virus on 01:19 - May 6 with 1418 viewsDJack

BAD NEWS...

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-05/mutant-coronavirus-has-emerg

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 01:27 - May 6 with 1411 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 01:19 - May 6 by DJack

BAD NEWS...

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-05/mutant-coronavirus-has-emerg

Don't worry that is bullsh*t.

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 02:01 - May 6 with 1386 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 01:27 - May 6 by Jack123

Don't worry that is bullsh*t.

Another source...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8289673/Dominant-version-coronavirus-ca

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 02:27 - May 6 with 1377 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 02:01 - May 6 by DJack

Another source...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8289673/Dominant-version-coronavirus-ca

I have lost faith in any news these days, just scaremongring twits aren't they..

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 03:28 - May 6 with 1359 viewsJackinexile1

Corona Virus on 01:19 - May 6 by DJack

BAD NEWS...

This was first discovered in February (according to your links), so not that much of a revelation.
Corona Virus on 06:32 - May 6 with 1310 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 02:01 - May 6 by DJack

Another source...

This is the one that is here now if that is true. Any mutation could make it less serious.
Corona Virus on 06:55 - May 6 with 1287 viewsbennytheblue

Corona Virus on 22:40 - May 5 by magicdaps10

See the link for the France virus detected in December.
The dates will go back further on that for sure, it was proven at present it was in France before Christmas.

Deaths were probably being put down to other reasons, Aussie flu has to be questioned...... Call in to your GP at the time, give/test your symptoms, GP hits their keyboard....... Boom, Aussie Flu!

GPS knew little to nothing about covid 19 back when " Aussie flu" was rife.

Allday long. Lots of people I know were rough with all the covid symptoms before Christmas. It was down as a rough flu back then......when the dust settles I bet they find a case dating back to October time.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 6:56]
Corona Virus on 07:42 - May 6 with 1277 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 21:52 - May 5 by Garyjack

And judging by the scale of people just on here who've claimed to have had it or knows people that did. The death rate in this country would be 4 times the figure it stands at present, if the virus went unchecked for almost 3 months!

Would depend on the IFR, the spread of infection, the number infected etc.

What is becoming increasingly clear is that it's been around for a lot longer than anyone suspected. Once we start getting some decent antibody tests we may find that more people have had it without noticing than previously thought, which would be a good thing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 09:22 - May 6 with 1207 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 07:42 - May 6 by Dr_Winston

Would depend on the IFR, the spread of infection, the number infected etc.

What is becoming increasingly clear is that it's been around for a lot longer than anyone suspected. Once we start getting some decent antibody tests we may find that more people have had it without noticing than previously thought, which would be a good thing.

It would be great if more people had had it. It's definitely beena round a bit longer.

I suspect there was another virus, possible Aussie Flu, resulting in the same symptoms. My brother in law was in bed over Christmas with text book covid symptoms. He then had them again in April, in April though his daughter and Mrs had them too. His daughter is a nurse who tested positive for Covid. He either had something different at Xmas with similar symptoms or caught it twice.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 12:14]
Corona Virus on 09:49 - May 6 with 1192 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 09:22 - May 6 by Scotia

It would be great if more people had had it. It's definitely beena round a bit longer.

I suspect there was another virus, possible Aussie Flu, resulting in the same symptoms. My brother in law was in bed over Christmas with text book covid symptoms. He then had them again in April, in April though his daughter and Mrs had them too. His daughter is a nurse who tested positive for Covid. He either had something different at Xmas with similar symptoms or caught it twice.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 12:14]

Definitely. If the number of people who thought they had it than actually did we'd have been locked down months ago. For sure there was at least one other malady doing the rounds at the time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 11:52 - May 6 with 1134 viewsmagicdaps10

I think there is going to be a lot of surprised people down the line when they start coming out with when it first landed in certain countries.

I have no doubt that GPS have dawned onto the fact that Aussie flu was wrongly diagnosed.
As for people possibly catching it twice in short period of time.... Won't be long before that one pops up for sure.

As posted before, don't be surprised this is the 2nd or even possibly the 3rd peak we are in.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 11:52]

Corona Virus on 13:09 - May 6 with 1088 viewsBLAZE

Corona Virus on 11:52 - May 6 by magicdaps10

I think there is going to be a lot of surprised people down the line when they start coming out with when it first landed in certain countries.

I have no doubt that GPS have dawned onto the fact that Aussie flu was wrongly diagnosed.
As for people possibly catching it twice in short period of time.... Won't be long before that one pops up for sure.

As posted before, don't be surprised this is the 2nd or even possibly the 3rd peak we are in.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 11:52]

I can buy that it's possibly been around since December, but there's no chance we're in a third wave. I think the doctors would've cottoned on that something was up during this supposed first peak, let alone the second.
Corona Virus on 13:20 - May 6 with 1073 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 13:09 - May 6 by BLAZE

I can buy that it's possibly been around since December, but there's no chance we're in a third wave. I think the doctors would've cottoned on that something was up during this supposed first peak, let alone the second.

I wouldn't bet against this being the second wave. Odds are it's still the first, but it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't once they start sifting through things.

It's possible it's been grumbling away in the background, being understandably misdiagnosed by doctors and slowly growing for a while, whilst the return of so many to Europe after the Chinese New Year was like pouring petrol onto a smouldering fire.

We have to get a reliable antibody test out there so we can see for sure how far this thing has already spread.

Corona Virus on 13:47 - May 6 with 1050 viewsmagicdaps10

Corona Virus on 13:09 - May 6 by BLAZE

Could you possibly see it as the 2nd wave?

It has just come about so quick and with so little knowledge on it that nothing will suprise me.

Corona Virus on 14:46 - May 6 with 1024 viewsbennytheblue

Corona Virus on 13:47 - May 6 by magicdaps10

Could you possibly see it as the 2nd wave?

It has just come about so quick and with so little knowledge on it that nothing will suprise me.

Fear not, we’ve been saved by the Jews.....

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/iibr-completes-development-phase-of-covid-1

Excellent news yeah?
Corona Virus on 15:43 - May 6 with 985 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 14:46 - May 6 by bennytheblue

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/iibr-completes-development-phase-of-covid-1

Excellent news yeah?

Doesn't the bit about it not being a vaccine for widespread use worry you?

I wonder how much they'll charge for it?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 15:54 - May 6 with 983 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 14:46 - May 6 by bennytheblue

Excellent news yeah?

The treatment shows great promise. They’ve been talking about the research for a while now. I don’t think they’ve done human trials as yet though?

Let’s hope it works. Having an effective treatment and also with vaccines in development we can all then think about normality again.

By the end of this year we may be over the worst of this.
Corona Virus on 16:01 - May 6 with 975 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 15:54 - May 6 by londonlisa2001

The treatment shows great promise. They’ve been talking about the research for a while now. I don’t think they’ve done human trials as yet though?

Let’s hope it works. Having an effective treatment and also with vaccines in development we can all then think about normality again.

By the end of this year we may be over the worst of this.

Hmmm, will there be a conspiracy theory around this....the Jews find a potential cure for a virus that seems to affect the ethnic communities (most likely to be Muslim and poor) more seriously than white people and the better off areas.

Someone is bound to make something out of that.....besides me!

My tinfoil hat will be here soon.

PS, please don't take that post in any way seriously, it is definitely a mickey take...until it's not.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024