Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 436495 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 13:40 - May 7 with 1670 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 13:34 - May 7 by magicdaps10

Sturgeon is all about herself and trying to get one up all the time...... Why talk about plans for easing of lock down then extend it by 3wks, all the plans do is put a false sense of understanding in most people's minds.

The easing off from the public regarding lock down lately is frightening enough, the talk/printing of stages of coming out of lockdown needs to be stopped until the date those measures comes into force.

I absolutely agree. If it were me, I'd be saying "carry on as you are until we tell you something different".
Corona Virus on 14:05 - May 7 with 1642 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 12:00 - May 7 by Professor

He was pushing for a plan, subject to ongoing decreases in infection, much as the Republic of Ireland have done and has been outlined here by others. This shows staged changes and increased freedoms. Sensible enough. Many countries are doing the same

But we dare not criticise them.

Authoritarian populism rules. We get the governance we deserve

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Corona Virus on 14:18 - May 7 with 1622 viewskarnataka

Corona Virus on 12:11 - May 7 by sherpajacob

If an employer wants their staff to return to the workplace but an employee doesn't feel its safe, I wonder whose side this government will come down on?

Surely they would need to talk about it and the employee to explain what he would require in order to feel safe enough to return and if they were reasonable i.e conforming to government guidelines, the employer should then put those safeguards in place. Assuming they're both grown ups of course.

My employer has had 2 requests this week to make site visits to construction projects in London with which we were involved prior to lockdown. We have declined both and advised them that we would be reviewing the situation on 22nd May or earlier if there is sufficient shift in the government guidelines.
Corona Virus on 14:31 - May 7 with 1603 viewslonglostjack

This is a good read. Sensible.

https://hbr.org/2020/05/we-shouldnt-wait-for-a-breakthrough-in-the-covid-19-pand

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 14:44 - May 7 with 1578 viewschad

Corona Virus on 13:25 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

I haven’t put any words in your mouth. I didn’t say you said anything at all. I was replying to a post as it was related. Not every part of every post is a direct reply to the poster being replied to.

You asked if Starmer had pushed for plans to end lockdown and I said he’d asked to SEE the plans to end lockdown and said they should be public. We heard him say it. Many times. To Raab. In PMQs. I don’t need to see the Guardian.

The plans have been in existence for weeks. It was reasonable for the leader of the opposition to ask to see them. Your post inferred, and perhaps you didn’t mean it to, although this post repeats it, that somehow Starmer had influenced or pressurised the timetable which is nonsense.

The timetable now is being pressurised by the cost of the furlough scheme which has been far in excess of predictions. As far more businesses closed than they were expecting to close.

Sorry Lisa I think there May have been a misunderstanding, didn’t mean to be arsey and we agree on lots of things.

Doing something at mo but will have a look and explain my thinking after
Corona Virus on 14:53 - May 7 with 1562 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 14:44 - May 7 by chad

Sorry Lisa I think there May have been a misunderstanding, didn’t mean to be arsey and we agree on lots of things.

Doing something at mo but will have a look and explain my thinking after

Everyone is being arsey at the moment - it’s only to be expected given everyone’s stress levels are through the roof. It’s fine.
Corona Virus on 15:21 - May 7 with 1543 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 14:31 - May 7 by longlostjack

This is a good read. Sensible.

https://hbr.org/2020/05/we-shouldnt-wait-for-a-breakthrough-in-the-covid-19-pand

It makes the most perfect sense.
Incremental improvements that chip away at the problem rather than the billion dollar breakthrough, because we can all do the incremental stuff at very little cost.
Corona Virus on 15:26 - May 7 with 1536 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Nice to now our government were really on top of this one.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8296417/Why-countries-shut-borders-Scie
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 16:51 - May 7 with 1495 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 13:38 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

I think it’s a function fo the Scotland briefing just being earlier in the day than the UK briefing (which is effectively the England briefing).

They legally have to comment today (it’s the three week review). So she had to address it.

The UK will also officially extend lockdown today for another 3 weeks. And then parts will be relaxed on Sunday in the address of the great leader.

Not wishing to split hairs but, are you sure they legally have to comment? I thought they legally had to review. Does that mean they have to comment the same day. In fact, I'm pretty sure England didn't last time.
Corona Virus on 17:02 - May 7 with 1485 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 16:51 - May 7 by ploppy

Not wishing to split hairs but, are you sure they legally have to comment? I thought they legally had to review. Does that mean they have to comment the same day. In fact, I'm pretty sure England didn't last time.

I don’t know whether they specifically have to do it at the same time. They have to review every three weeks as you say (today being the day). But if they can review and then not tell anyone it seems odd as we wouldn’t know what to do. The BBC said it was a requirement, but they may be wrong.

England did tell us last time I think. That’s how we knew lockdown was extended although perhaps it wasn’t the same day. Can’t remember.
Corona Virus on 17:12 - May 7 with 1474 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Much speculation that Boris will say that schools can reopen in a limited way from June 1st.

Welsh education minister says it’s not happening in Wales.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 17:43 - May 7 with 1442 viewsbuilthjack

Corona Virus on 17:12 - May 7 by Joe_bradshaw

Much speculation that Boris will say that schools can reopen in a limited way from June 1st.

Welsh education minister says it’s not happening in Wales.

Well done Kirsty my friend.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Corona Virus on 17:57 - May 7 with 1428 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 17:02 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

I don’t know whether they specifically have to do it at the same time. They have to review every three weeks as you say (today being the day). But if they can review and then not tell anyone it seems odd as we wouldn’t know what to do. The BBC said it was a requirement, but they may be wrong.

England did tell us last time I think. That’s how we knew lockdown was extended although perhaps it wasn’t the same day. Can’t remember.

Nah, what I meant was they didn't have to announce the result of the review on the 21st day. I have a feeling last time it was on the Friday and it seems clear that this time the meaty bit is going to be on Sunday. Sturgeon seems to want to announce her result on Thursdays, as does Drakeford I think. You'd think they'd co-ordinate but I guess they want to show that the decision is devolved.

Bloody journalists are jumping the gun again. The woman from Sky (Beth?) asking why we can't sunbathe tomorrow when we'll be allowed to sunbathe on Monday. No-one's bloody mentioned sunbathing.
Corona Virus on 18:05 - May 7 with 1409 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:57 - May 7 by ploppy

Nah, what I meant was they didn't have to announce the result of the review on the 21st day. I have a feeling last time it was on the Friday and it seems clear that this time the meaty bit is going to be on Sunday. Sturgeon seems to want to announce her result on Thursdays, as does Drakeford I think. You'd think they'd co-ordinate but I guess they want to show that the decision is devolved.

Bloody journalists are jumping the gun again. The woman from Sky (Beth?) asking why we can't sunbathe tomorrow when we'll be allowed to sunbathe on Monday. No-one's bloody mentioned sunbathing.

Don’t know, Raab just announced maintaining lockdown for England, so perhaps they do have to do it today.

I think it was the papers that mentioned sunbathing first. But her point is reasonable (Beth Rigby I mean). It’s farcical that there has to be (a) some great announcement from the great and glorious leader that’s trailed days in advance as though it was a Bond film and (b) the government tell the papers what’s going to be in it before they’ve even had the cabinet meeting with the SAGE update (which was today).
It just shows that whatever was presented to them today, they’ve made a political decision what to do and when irrespective of the evidence. It’s financial at this stage - furlough is killing them.

The most useful info in today’s briefing I thought was from the Chief Statistician. There was a strong implication that Infection is now largely in hospital and care homes (and families of people in those settings) and has dropped significantly in the other settings. That’s a very good thing.
Corona Virus on 18:18 - May 7 with 1397 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 18:05 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

Don’t know, Raab just announced maintaining lockdown for England, so perhaps they do have to do it today.

I think it was the papers that mentioned sunbathing first. But her point is reasonable (Beth Rigby I mean). It’s farcical that there has to be (a) some great announcement from the great and glorious leader that’s trailed days in advance as though it was a Bond film and (b) the government tell the papers what’s going to be in it before they’ve even had the cabinet meeting with the SAGE update (which was today).
It just shows that whatever was presented to them today, they’ve made a political decision what to do and when irrespective of the evidence. It’s financial at this stage - furlough is killing them.

The most useful info in today’s briefing I thought was from the Chief Statistician. There was a strong implication that Infection is now largely in hospital and care homes (and families of people in those settings) and has dropped significantly in the other settings. That’s a very good thing.

Yep

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 18:25 - May 7 with 1384 viewsScotia

So isn't spreading through aerosol clouds of viruii in supermarkets? Has the chief statistician spoken to AFD?
Corona Virus on 18:25 - May 7 with 1383 viewsploppy

Maybe the papers mentioned sunbathing first but now a Sky journalist is asking Raab about something that the papers have postulated. It's not mentioned in the draft (leaked?) plan the Mirror published - who knows if that's a genuine document? And if there is such a draft document, that's exactly what it would be - draft. On that basis it's not a reasonable point for Beth Rigby to raise. I don't know about your line of work, but I've seen draft reports written on studies that haven't even started yet. Obviously, they'd be updated before publishing when the study had finished.

Apparently, Drakeford is making his pronouncement tomorrow.
Corona Virus on 18:32 - May 7 with 1373 viewscontroversial_jack

Those who die in care homes will not be replaced, so the death figures will drop
[Post edited 7 May 2020 18:33]
Corona Virus on 18:32 - May 7 with 1370 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:25 - May 7 by Scotia

So isn't spreading through aerosol clouds of viruii in supermarkets? Has the chief statistician spoken to AFD?

Can you imagine the number of ways in which he’d be wrong according to AfD...
Corona Virus on 18:34 - May 7 with 1359 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:25 - May 7 by ploppy

Maybe the papers mentioned sunbathing first but now a Sky journalist is asking Raab about something that the papers have postulated. It's not mentioned in the draft (leaked?) plan the Mirror published - who knows if that's a genuine document? And if there is such a draft document, that's exactly what it would be - draft. On that basis it's not a reasonable point for Beth Rigby to raise. I don't know about your line of work, but I've seen draft reports written on studies that haven't even started yet. Obviously, they'd be updated before publishing when the study had finished.

Apparently, Drakeford is making his pronouncement tomorrow.

Generally the reports that are leaked by government are pretty close to the truth as they leak them to assess reaction.

I bet the reports in today’s papers (all of them at exactly the same time) aren’t too far from the truth. They’ve obviously all been given the same briefing at the same time.

The dumbing down of the questions throughout these briefings btw is annoying as hell.
Corona Virus on 18:58 - May 7 with 1332 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 18:32 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

Can you imagine the number of ways in which he’d be wrong according to AfD...

Now I've disagreed with some of the things AFD has ppsted, especially when it was all doom and gloom but, to be fair he's not the only one whose been wrong and some of the questions raised are very valid.

Better to ask the questions and get the truth out than to sit idly by, in my opinion. We can all be right or wrong but if AFD posts something and the Prof comes by and puts it right, or someone finds info that AFD is right or wrong, at least we know.

Opinions change, facts change with new evidence and at least AFD's posts (whether right or wrong) have had people thinking and questioning.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 19:05 - May 7 with 1327 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:58 - May 7 by Catullus

Now I've disagreed with some of the things AFD has ppsted, especially when it was all doom and gloom but, to be fair he's not the only one whose been wrong and some of the questions raised are very valid.

Better to ask the questions and get the truth out than to sit idly by, in my opinion. We can all be right or wrong but if AFD posts something and the Prof comes by and puts it right, or someone finds info that AFD is right or wrong, at least we know.

Opinions change, facts change with new evidence and at least AFD's posts (whether right or wrong) have had people thinking and questioning.

You misunderstand. I’m saying the number of things the Chief Statistician would be wrong about according to AfD not the other way round.

AfD is, as I’ve said before, my favourite poster.
Corona Virus on 19:19 - May 7 with 1315 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 19:05 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

You misunderstand. I’m saying the number of things the Chief Statistician would be wrong about according to AfD not the other way round.

AfD is, as I’ve said before, my favourite poster.

Sorry Lisa, I quoted you but it was more of a general reply to all those who rip into AFD, I've had a go myself.
I've asked pointless questions myself, or posted something that turns out to be wrong but if it leads to me asking a good question or finding out the real fact or truth, it's worthwhile, in my opinin anyway.
Of course sometimes I'm just not being serious because it's a coping mechanism in these weird times, well in a lot of times actually!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 20:22 - May 7 with 1282 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 12:34 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

We are past the peak. The table to look at is the date when deaths occurred rather than when they’re reported. The peak appears to have been April 8th.

Yesterday’s table here (it’s only England I’m afraid).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EXWd02MUcAEZuVD?format=jpg&name=large

Also the graph showing positive cases as a proportion of those tested. See here (this is all UK).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EXWcjvCUcAAqMmw?format=jpg&name=large

Those two graphs are very encouraging.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 21:31 - May 7 with 1223 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 13:34 - May 7 by magicdaps10

Sturgeon is all about herself and trying to get one up all the time...... Why talk about plans for easing of lock down then extend it by 3wks, all the plans do is put a false sense of understanding in most people's minds.

The easing off from the public regarding lock down lately is frightening enough, the talk/printing of stages of coming out of lockdown needs to be stopped until the date those measures comes into force.

Sadly, nearly all of them are in it for their own ends and trying to get 1 up on each other, it’s about scoring points, looking big instead of the common good.

We are moving in to a dangerous stage, significant numbers will now breach the lockdown and it will be very difficult for the police to enforce the legislation separating people out and about for genuine reasons and those taking the p.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024