Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 424918 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 15:04 - May 10 with 1126 viewsrockj

Corona Virus on 14:24 - May 10 by Brynmill_Jack

Should have voted Labour.

Yeah we’d all be singing in the streets now, Corbyn would have it under control

Yes mate
Corona Virus on 15:31 - May 10 with 1085 viewsJackinexile1

Corona Virus on 13:37 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

You die if you don’t eat?

Great, sorry its just that garden centres have been open the whole time here... so more of the same.
Corona Virus on 15:41 - May 10 with 1067 viewsairedale

Corona Virus on 14:35 - May 10 by Joe_bradshaw

What's the difference between an elephant's arse and a post box?
[Post edited 10 May 2020 14:35]

Post boxes are for your letters. Elephants are for telecommunications. You use elephants to make trunk calls.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 15:42]
Corona Virus on 15:49 - May 10 with 1055 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 15:31 - May 10 by Jackinexile1

Great, sorry its just that garden centres have been open the whole time here... so more of the same.

Where are you?

I don’t think opening them is a bad idea btw. As long as people can keep distant and a lot are largely outside anyway they’re not particularly unsafe I wouldn’t imagine plus people doing their gardens may keep them more socially distant when the weather gets better over the next month or so (better for weeks on end I mean rather that for the odd few days).

It seems that the main areas of infection at present are hospitals and care homes and it’s not so bad everywhere else. Doesn’t mean it’s not dreadful and still deeply concerning in hospitals and care homes of course.
Corona Virus on 16:12 - May 10 with 1009 viewsPozuelosSideys

German infection rate rising rapidly again and R-rate up above 1.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52604676

At some point, countries are going to have to find an alternative to the lockdown, and it will not be an easy decision to make, especially if no vaccine is found. You cant keep the lockdown going forever - and its not like the Germans to complain like they appear to be doing as per the article.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Corona Virus on 16:51 - May 10 with 951 viewsrockj

Corona Virus on 16:12 - May 10 by PozuelosSideys

At some point, countries are going to have to find an alternative to the lockdown, and it will not be an easy decision to make, especially if no vaccine is found. You cant keep the lockdown going forever - and its not like the Germans to complain like they appear to be doing as per the article.

Did you see the statistician on Marr earlier?

My word - I urge people to watch, especially the end

The scare mongering is off the chain in this debate
Corona Virus on 17:51 - May 10 with 901 viewsProfessor

This is the central problem-too soon is a disaster, but at some point we will.
Corona Virus on 17:55 - May 10 with 895 viewsProfessor

Looking forward to Boris at seven-not enough fiction on TV at present.

My main reason I had posted is the mysterious 'R' number. You know in epidemiology 'R" is a statistical programme. The reproductive rate of an infection is R0 (the 0 being lower case). Generally called 'R nought" in the UK. It's winding me up-I don't blame poster here, but the media.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 18:00 - May 10 with 884 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 17:55 - May 10 by Professor

My main reason I had posted is the mysterious 'R' number. You know in epidemiology 'R" is a statistical programme. The reproductive rate of an infection is R0 (the 0 being lower case). Generally called 'R nought" in the UK. It's winding me up-I don't blame poster here, but the media.

It's also the expected rate of return on an equity only funded company.

So there. :)

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 18:03 - May 10 with 881 viewsexiledclaseboy

That was explained very well in the film Contagion, which is now starting to look like a documentary.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 18:04 - May 10 with 880 viewsexiledclaseboy

It doesn’t matter what he says at 7 now. They’ve already messed up the messaging and lost the story.

Corona Virus on 18:12 - May 10 with 871 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 18:04 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

It doesn’t matter what he says at 7 now. They’ve already messed up the messaging and lost the story.

He'll try and look Churchillian, deliberately stumble and stutter, just like Gary Oldman did last night and inevitably look like what he is, an empty, scripted, Cummings driven, tub full of nothing much.

Except to his fan boys and girls of course, they'll adore it.

Corona Virus on 18:15 - May 10 with 864 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 18:12 - May 10 by monmouth

He'll try and look Churchillian, deliberately stumble and stutter, just like Gary Oldman did last night and inevitably look like what he is, an empty, scripted, Cummings driven, tub full of nothing much.

Except to his fan boys and girls of course, they'll adore it.

Isn’t that a dreadful film by the way. I thought it was ok on first watch if a little silly but rewatching it revised my opinion. It’s mostly twaddle.

Corona Virus on 18:23 - May 10 with 842 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 18:15 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Isn’t that a dreadful film by the way. I thought it was ok on first watch if a little silly but rewatching it revised my opinion. It’s mostly twaddle.

Watched it on a plane and thought it was OK. Oldman was good, but the story was pretty poor
Corona Virus on 18:24 - May 10 with 840 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 18:23 - May 10 by Professor

Watched it on a plane and thought it was OK. Oldman was good, but the story was pretty poor

Oldman overacts his way through the whole thing. It’s what he does. John Lithgow was a much better Churchill in The Crown.

Corona Virus on 18:25 - May 10 with 838 viewsperplex

Corona Virus on 15:04 - May 10 by rockj

Yeah we’d all be singing in the streets now, Corbyn would have it under control

Yes mate

I`m not really a fan of Corbyn, but he would have probably been a better bet in regard's to this crisis, no doubt he would have ploughed all the resources possible into the NHS and probably shut down earlier than this bunch we have governing us, lets be honest they have done a dismal job, and have been trying to rectify the damage they have caused when it is obviously to late.
Corona Virus on 18:26 - May 10 with 829 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 18:04 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Agreed. The leaks to the papers last week suggesting there is going to be a relaxation has sent out the wrong message and I think he’s lost it, but maybe that’s what he wants. Friend of the mother in law has an elderly mother living in a coastal village, the house next door is a holiday home and owned by people from the Midlands who breached the lockdown and travelled down for the weekend. The old lady is in her 90s and very upset.

A thirty quid fine is paltry these days and it should in my opinion have been set at a £100 and doubling every time afterwards.

I mentioned my trip to Malta earlier in the thread, the breach of Quarantine fine was €1000, now it’s €3000, they aren’t messing about.
Corona Virus on 18:29 - May 10 with 818 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 13:10 - May 10 by lifelong

Wales are saying stay at home then they say that garden centres are allowed to open and people can go out to exercise more than once a day. It’s just giving people the wrong message, a second wave of this virus is almost inevitable.

What do you mean a second wave, the first one hasn't finished yet.
Corona Virus on 18:30 - May 10 with 817 viewsperplex

The BBC said the same thing 2 weeks ago and it was bullshizer, not saying there wrong again but lets see official confirmation from the Germans.
Corona Virus on 18:33 - May 10 with 806 viewsexiledclaseboy

I just saw Jenrick trying to explain the “stay alert” message. It did not go well.

Corona Virus on 18:34 - May 10 with 801 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 18:15 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Strangely enough I said the same when it was going on last night. We saw it first on a grainy Kodi stream and I thought it was ok but much too long. Last night I just thought it was junk and much too long.

Corona Virus on 18:37 - May 10 with 790 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 18:33 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

I just saw Jenrick trying to explain the “stay alert” message. It did not go well.

You need an intellectual heavyweight like that in times like these.

Watch out - there’s a virus about! Well done, Boris!
Corona Virus on 18:38 - May 10 with 789 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 18:33 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Did he say he'd always been a lert and was bloody well staying one?

Corona Virus on 18:39 - May 10 with 782 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 18:25 - May 10 by perplex

I`m not really a fan of Corbyn, but he would have probably been a better bet in regard's to this crisis, no doubt he would have ploughed all the resources possible into the NHS and probably shut down earlier than this bunch we have governing us, lets be honest they have done a dismal job, and have been trying to rectify the damage they have caused when it is obviously to late.

My view too. I think Corbyn would have acted sooner and allowed INDEPENDENT scientific advice to govern policy. Not his SPAD
Corona Virus on 18:39 - May 10 with 782 viewsperplex

Corona Virus on 18:29 - May 10 by A_Fans_Dad

What do you mean a second wave, the first one hasn't finished yet.

Its not going to finish, until a vaccine is found, many who avoid getting it now will probably pick it up once restrictions are lifted, this virus is not going to disappear is it, meanwhile the economy is getting destroyed, many are losing there livelihoods, thousand more will die due to not getting early diagnosis and treatment for other types of illness and then we have the major problem of really bad leadership.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024