Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437459 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 18:40 - May 10 with 1273 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Surpreyes, surpreyes
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8304781/Coronavirus-enter-body-eyes.htm
We new this back at the beginning of March, where have they been for 2 months?
Corona Virus on 18:42 - May 10 with 1268 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 18:40 - May 10 by A_Fans_Dad

Surpreyes, surpreyes
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8304781/Coronavirus-enter-body-eyes.htm
We new this back at the beginning of March, where have they been for 2 months?

There are a lot of “claims”, “coulds” and similar equivocation in that article.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 18:49 - May 10 with 1250 viewswaynekerr55

Maybe it's because my social media feed is an echo chamber (I follow all sorts so I'm hoping not) but it appears they're slowly edging towards fúcking up their unassailable 80 seat majority.

I'm sceptical and think we've still got 4.5 years of detritus left, but given that we now have a proper opposition and the rest of the nations turning on them, maybe, just maybe they'll be forced to do something right

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Corona Virus on 19:20 - May 10 with 1217 viewsrockj

Well that seemed more coherent to me and a genuine “plan”

Dare I say this or do I look like a Tory boy - meanwhile here we can have another walk and visit a garden centre
Corona Virus on 19:21 - May 10 with 1205 viewsdickythorpe

As clear as mud.
Corona Virus on 19:21 - May 10 with 1207 viewsMrSwerve

Vague, as expected.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Corona Virus on 19:23 - May 10 with 1198 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 19:20 - May 10 by rockj

Well that seemed more coherent to me and a genuine “plan”

Dare I say this or do I look like a Tory boy - meanwhile here we can have another walk and visit a garden centre

Shocker.

Corona Virus on 19:23 - May 10 with 1194 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 18:39 - May 10 by perplex

Its not going to finish, until a vaccine is found, many who avoid getting it now will probably pick it up once restrictions are lifted, this virus is not going to disappear is it, meanwhile the economy is getting destroyed, many are losing there livelihoods, thousand more will die due to not getting early diagnosis and treatment for other types of illness and then we have the major problem of really bad leadership.

I trust the virologists. Oxford, Imperial, Karolinska, Robert Koch and Charité for example. They want the critical R value down to 0.3 to make the virus more manageable before unlocking and they are the fecking experts. It’ll cost the economy more in the long run if there’s a second wave and subsequent lockdown. Then there’s this which sums it up.

Dr David Hepburn, an intensive consultant in Wales, tweeted: “Just watched the conga lines/street parties on the news. The nation has lost its fecking mind. We’re strapping in for the second wave. “I’m so, so tired, and so pissed off. We’ve had a few days of respite and I was starting to feel hopeful. Can’t believe I was so naïve.”

Same in Germany Dr Hepburn. Stupidity knows no boundries.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 19:24]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 19:28 - May 10 with 1168 viewsrockj

Corona Virus on 19:21 - May 10 by dickythorpe

As clear as mud.

It really isn’t it has to be nuanced

Ie conditional

How can you say we guarantee we’ll have hotels and restaurants up and running in July
Corona Virus on 19:31 - May 10 with 1145 viewsdickythorpe

Corona Virus on 19:28 - May 10 by rockj

It really isn’t it has to be nuanced

Ie conditional

How can you say we guarantee we’ll have hotels and restaurants up and running in July

So clear as mud then.
Corona Virus on 19:32 - May 10 with 1144 viewsPegojack

Corona Virus on 18:24 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Oldman overacts his way through the whole thing. It’s what he does. John Lithgow was a much better Churchill in The Crown.

I thought Oldman was very good. However the script took massive liberties with historical fact, which is very disturbing, considering many people will have viewed this as factual.
The underground scene was pure fiction and painted Churchill as a sympathetic man of the people, which he certainly wasn't. Not much man of the people about him when he sent armed troops against striking Welsh miners.
The plotting of Halifax and Chainberlin was also fiction. And the main impetus for resisting Hitler in those fateful few days came from Atlee and the Labour party. Atlee had already seen first hand in Spain what the combined forces of European fascism were capable of. Forces of fascism aided and abetted by the British Tory Party covertly at every turn, I might add.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 19:33]
Corona Virus on 19:43 - May 10 with 1092 viewsSwanjaxs

Hello herd immunity 👋

We've been expecting you 🤝

Buckle up.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 19:45 - May 10 with 1080 viewsJack123

It's all so confusing.

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 19:48 - May 10 with 1068 viewsjack2jack

May as well have put the testcard on for 10 minutes.
So Boris' statement to the nation was only for Engerland. What he said did not apply to us whatsoever.
So all we have is extended allowance for excerise, and the odd trip to a garden centre, or Costa or KFC, all of which was outlined by Drayford on Friday.
As you were!
Corona Virus on 19:49 - May 10 with 1060 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 19:32 - May 10 by Pegojack

I thought Oldman was very good. However the script took massive liberties with historical fact, which is very disturbing, considering many people will have viewed this as factual.
The underground scene was pure fiction and painted Churchill as a sympathetic man of the people, which he certainly wasn't. Not much man of the people about him when he sent armed troops against striking Welsh miners.
The plotting of Halifax and Chainberlin was also fiction. And the main impetus for resisting Hitler in those fateful few days came from Atlee and the Labour party. Atlee had already seen first hand in Spain what the combined forces of European fascism were capable of. Forces of fascism aided and abetted by the British Tory Party covertly at every turn, I might add.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 19:33]

Some experts/historians don't think Churchill ordered the troops to fire on the miners, that it was local authorities who did that. Anyway, it was Baldwin who didn't want to intervene in Spain, he apparently feared the spread of Communism. It wasn't just the UK who stayed out of it, 27 countries including France, Germany, Italy and Russia signed a non-intervention pact.
I'm not saying Churchill was a good man, by todays standards anyway. He was a man of his times though and maybe worse than many others but certainly better than a few.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 19:54 - May 10 with 1032 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 19:45 - May 10 by Jack123

It's all so confusing.

Confusing is right, but they're all following 'The Science'. Laughable that is. They are taking political decisions on the bits of 'The Science' that they would prefer to believe. Or in Coward Johnson's case, the bits he thinks will make him personally come out of this best.

I must have misunderstood this (I didn't watch, just reading a summary), but did he really say that you can drive to beauty spots to walk? If he did, that just means you can drive anywhere, whenever you want.

I'm sure more details will emerge, made up onthe hoof, shaped entirely by the response he gets and what he thinks sets him in the best light. That may no bad thing if policy ends up being shaped by more sensible people than Dombo and Dumbo.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 19:57 - May 10 with 1017 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 19:48 - May 10 by jack2jack

May as well have put the testcard on for 10 minutes.
So Boris' statement to the nation was only for Engerland. What he said did not apply to us whatsoever.
So all we have is extended allowance for excerise, and the odd trip to a garden centre, or Costa or KFC, all of which was outlined by Drayford on Friday.
As you were!

The way i saw his statement, he's basically given carte blance to people in England. I would think the Welsh police forces are going to be well peeved off with that, considering the Welsh stance on this virus, compared to the English.. Next time the weather picks up, they will be run off their feet. :(

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 20:00 - May 10 with 1001 viewsPegojack

Corona Virus on 19:49 - May 10 by Catullus

Some experts/historians don't think Churchill ordered the troops to fire on the miners, that it was local authorities who did that. Anyway, it was Baldwin who didn't want to intervene in Spain, he apparently feared the spread of Communism. It wasn't just the UK who stayed out of it, 27 countries including France, Germany, Italy and Russia signed a non-intervention pact.
I'm not saying Churchill was a good man, by todays standards anyway. He was a man of his times though and maybe worse than many others but certainly better than a few.

A non agression pact! Italy had 50,000 troops in Spain fighting for Franco, and the Germans treated it as a military laboratory, practicing and perfecting terror bombing (you've heard of the Condor Legion and Guernica, have you?)and the Panzer blitzkreig.

And what bloody party do you think Baldwin represented?

By the way, as much as I despise Tories, I think Britain was lucky to have Churchill. The right man for the moment, a real leader. The complete antithesis of that fat cowardly ponce currently occupying No. 10.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 20:03]
Corona Virus on 20:03 - May 10 with 986 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 19:54 - May 10 by monmouth

Confusing is right, but they're all following 'The Science'. Laughable that is. They are taking political decisions on the bits of 'The Science' that they would prefer to believe. Or in Coward Johnson's case, the bits he thinks will make him personally come out of this best.

I must have misunderstood this (I didn't watch, just reading a summary), but did he really say that you can drive to beauty spots to walk? If he did, that just means you can drive anywhere, whenever you want.

I'm sure more details will emerge, made up onthe hoof, shaped entirely by the response he gets and what he thinks sets him in the best light. That may no bad thing if policy ends up being shaped by more sensible people than Dombo and Dumbo.

The details will be in the 50 page document that he will be going through tomorrow. Apparently.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 20:05 - May 10 with 969 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 19:57 - May 10 by Jack123

The way i saw his statement, he's basically given carte blance to people in England. I would think the Welsh police forces are going to be well peeved off with that, considering the Welsh stance on this virus, compared to the English.. Next time the weather picks up, they will be run off their feet. :(

This is how I saw it.

Basically, get back to work, and feel free to drive anywhere nice for a picnic boys and girls 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 20:06 - May 10 with 964 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:54 - May 10 by monmouth

“ did he really say that you can drive to beauty spots to walk? ”

No. He said you could get in your car to go somewhere for exercise. But we’ve been able to drive to get to somewhere to exercise for weeks now in England. So there’s absolutely no change other than before there was a time limit type thing (your drive had to be for less time than your exercise) and now there doesn’t seem to be other than common sense.

The thing is, if you live in London, for example, it’s far safer to drive out somewhere and have a walk than for 9 million of us to be tramping round the streets and same parks.
Corona Virus on 20:08 - May 10 with 951 viewsjack2jack

Corona Virus on 19:57 - May 10 by Jack123

Well for clarity I think the UK should be under one umbrella as far a the rules go, then there would be no confusion. You could argue of course that as we have a smaller population, with smaller densities the rules could be relaxed to a greater extent here in Wales, not saying it should be.However, it seems like we are not a United Kingdom in all of this.
To answer your question, the situation is clear, you will not be allowed to take a spin, from England into Wales, so the police may have problems, but do have the powers to prosecute and or fine, those who do come over the border.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 20:13]
Corona Virus on 20:09 - May 10 with 940 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:23 - May 10 by longlostjack

I trust the virologists. Oxford, Imperial, Karolinska, Robert Koch and Charité for example. They want the critical R value down to 0.3 to make the virus more manageable before unlocking and they are the fecking experts. It’ll cost the economy more in the long run if there’s a second wave and subsequent lockdown. Then there’s this which sums it up.

Dr David Hepburn, an intensive consultant in Wales, tweeted: “Just watched the conga lines/street parties on the news. The nation has lost its fecking mind. We’re strapping in for the second wave. “I’m so, so tired, and so pissed off. We’ve had a few days of respite and I was starting to feel hopeful. Can’t believe I was so naïve.”

Same in Germany Dr Hepburn. Stupidity knows no boundries.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 19:24]

Germany’s R value is above 1 according to the Robert Koch Institute. And they are starting football matches again.

We’ve an R value far less than that apart from certain settings (care homes in particular but hospitals as well). The R value in Wales at present is, apparently, higher than in London.

Agree with the consultant about the VE street party nonsense. It was ridiculous.
Corona Virus on 20:11 - May 10 with 928 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 19:45 - May 10 by Jack123

It's all so confusing.

How can you possibly catch it if you all stay at home?
Someone has to be going out to catch it to bring it home, or someone infected is visiting them.
The logic leaves a lot to be desired, but the data comes from a survey, so not very reliable.
Viruses don't have legs, they don't have wings and they can't swim, so they can't "invade your home" they need help.
Corona Virus on 20:13 - May 10 with 921 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:08 - May 10 by jack2jack

Well for clarity I think the UK should be under one umbrella as far a the rules go, then there would be no confusion. You could argue of course that as we have a smaller population, with smaller densities the rules could be relaxed to a greater extent here in Wales, not saying it should be.However, it seems like we are not a United Kingdom in all of this.
To answer your question, the situation is clear, you will not be allowed to take a spin, from England into Wales, so the police may have problems, but do have the powers to prosecute and or fine, those who do come over the border.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 20:13]

We were up until Thursday when the UK government decided to go its own way.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024