Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437841 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 22:09 - May 10 with 1383 viewsbuilthjack

Johnson. Got to be the most idiotic PM in history. Get rid now.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Corona Virus on 22:12 - May 10 with 1372 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 22:09 - May 10 by builthjack

Johnson. Got to be the most idiotic PM in history. Get rid now.

Shambolic.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 22:13 - May 10 with 1364 viewsSwanjaxs

BREAKING: UK declared coronavirus-free after scientists discover all we had to do was stay alert.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 22:16 - May 10 with 1346 viewsrockj

Corona Virus on 22:09 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

You started it with your big comeback post last night which was all about Labour bad/Tory good.

I didn’t say that I’ve been consistent in my loathing of the Welsh Government

I was merely stating that people will happily let them off the hook for political reasons

As it goes the person that impressed me is Adam Price (not covid related)
[Post edited 10 May 2020 22:17]
Corona Virus on 22:18 - May 10 with 1328 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 22:16 - May 10 by rockj

I didn’t say that I’ve been consistent in my loathing of the Welsh Government

I was merely stating that people will happily let them off the hook for political reasons

As it goes the person that impressed me is Adam Price (not covid related)
[Post edited 10 May 2020 22:17]

Yes you have been consistent in your loathing of the Welsh government.

Now, can we think of something else that’s been consistent about the Welsh government since its inception which nay have an influence on your loathing of it?

Hmm. It’s a poser. Let me think...

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 22:25 - May 10 with 1307 viewsDJack

The rush to open up to "save the economy" is bollucks.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/04/pandemic-economy-lessons-1918-flu

"Our two main findings are summarized in the chart below, which shows the city-level correlation between 1918 flu mortality and the growth in manufacturing employment from 1914 to 1919 (two census years). As the chart reveals, higher mortality during the 1918 flu is associated with lower economic growth. The chart further splits cities into two groups: those with NPIs in place for longer (blue dots) and shorter periods of time (red dots). Cities that implemented NPIs for longer tend to be clustered in the upper-left region (low mortality, high growth), while cities with shorter NPI periods are clustered in the lower-right region (high mortality, low growth). This suggests that NPIs play a role in attenuating mortality, but without reducing economic activity. If anything, cities with longer NPIs grow faster in the medium term."

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 22:25 - May 10 with 1309 viewsjasper_T

A unified position would be lovely but if the government in England decide to do something stupid it is equally stupid to follow suit just to match. Confusion for those operating back and forth across the borders is a small price to pay for doing what we can in Wales and Scotland to save more lives.

But some people prefer the comforting illusion of order and control in the march of lemmings off a cliff.
Corona Virus on 22:34 - May 10 with 1266 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 21:28 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Lisa, why in earth are you making things up? You should only use quotation marks for things people have actually said, not what you somehow managed to interpret them as saying.

I wasn’t implying you said that.

Anyway - I’m really sorry if I offended you or anyone else.

I quite genuinely found the emoji really upsetting whether meant or not.

We’re all deeply concerned and anxious about ourselves and family. Unlike some, but in common with many, I am concerned about family/friends in both England and Wales and I don’t find any of it funny.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 22:37 - May 10 with 1255 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 21:56 - May 10 by Phil_S

Aye I suppose. Maybe said person will now travel to sit in the park in Bristol... ;-)

I can pop over the bridge to sunbathe. Tidy.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 22:39 - May 10 with 1242 viewsmagicdaps10

Corona Virus on 22:37 - May 10 by monmouth

I can pop over the bridge to sunbathe. Tidy.

And will then have a higher chance of then bringing it home.
I know you are only joking by the way...... Well I hope 🙄

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Corona Virus on 22:39 - May 10 with 1240 viewswaynekerr55

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/10/smart-suit-brushed-hair-it-was-

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Corona Virus on 22:42 - May 10 with 1231 viewsploppy

What surprises me is that people are surprised that when a decision/policy is devolved that the various devolved governments make different decisions. I've watched pretty much all of Sturgeon's pressers (not many of Drakeford's) and she says almost every day that the decision she makes will be right for Scotland, whether it's different to the rest of the UK or not. I presume Drakeford says something similar. Moreover, Sturgeon says that if we were to align the lifting of restrictions across the whole of the UK that she'd want us all to move at the pace of the slowest (which happens to be Scotland, as it turns out). Clearly, we are not aligning but when each leader says they'll do what they think is right for their own country, that's not surprising - not to me anyway. I don't know who's right, BTW. Maybe they all are.
Corona Virus on 22:43 - May 10 with 1230 viewsrockj

Corona Virus on 22:18 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Yes you have been consistent in your loathing of the Welsh government.

Now, can we think of something else that’s been consistent about the Welsh government since its inception which nay have an influence on your loathing of it?

Hmm. It’s a poser. Let me think...

So you think if tories won a WAG election I would have changed my views?

I’ve never voted in a welsh assembly election the only time I was tempted was with the scrap the assembly party

Issue by issue CB, simple as that for me. I happen to have more views that go against the grain in South Wales most recently being pro EU but it’s never about party for me it’s about what works

For what it’s worth I’d vote kier starmer over Boris but never mind aye
Corona Virus on 22:44 - May 10 with 1211 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 22:43 - May 10 by rockj

So you think if tories won a WAG election I would have changed my views?

I’ve never voted in a welsh assembly election the only time I was tempted was with the scrap the assembly party

Issue by issue CB, simple as that for me. I happen to have more views that go against the grain in South Wales most recently being pro EU but it’s never about party for me it’s about what works

For what it’s worth I’d vote kier starmer over Boris but never mind aye

“So you think if tories won a WAG election I would have changed my views?”

Absolutely and without question. Yes.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 22:47 - May 10 with 1200 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 22:34 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

I wasn’t implying you said that.

Anyway - I’m really sorry if I offended you or anyone else.

I quite genuinely found the emoji really upsetting whether meant or not.

We’re all deeply concerned and anxious about ourselves and family. Unlike some, but in common with many, I am concerned about family/friends in both England and Wales and I don’t find any of it funny.

I don't believe anyone is finding much funny at the moment. The fact is that the four of them should have agreed a position. The fact they didn't even try is both outrageous and contemptible. One man was responsible for that last Wednesday, and I think we all agree that. Leaking that before any discussion would, in any other universe, be the finish of him. But these days there are no boundaries.

We're where we are now though, and I doubt Johnson has any idea what the actual reaction will be. I'm sure his vagueness was deliberate in case it goes tits up. Nobody really knows long term what's for the best. I just want to believe decisions are taken in the best interests of the population not the politicians and I am beyond deeply suspicious about that.

Corona Virus on 22:50 - May 10 with 1185 viewsrockj

Corona Virus on 22:44 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

“So you think if tories won a WAG election I would have changed my views?”

Absolutely and without question. Yes.

You’re entitled to believe that.

If they had won we might have had some slightly improved policies on business for instance at the margins but at the margins

I think the whole thing makes zero sense, it’s opened the door to Nationalists like Sturgeon who I respect but I happen to believe in a United Kingdom and don’t like the direction of travel another reason I’m hostile to Brexit for instance

But you’re entitled to think it’s all about labour. I’m well past that nonsense
Corona Virus on 22:51 - May 10 with 1179 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 22:39 - May 10 by magicdaps10

And will then have a higher chance of then bringing it home.
I know you are only joking by the way...... Well I hope 🙄

I'm going near nobody until I see how this latest shenanigans pans out. Probably next January at the earliest.

Corona Virus on 22:51 - May 10 with 1178 viewsJack123

What does everyone think of this article? https://hectordrummond.com/2020/05/09/alistair-haimes-the-virus-that-turned-up-l

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 22:58 - May 10 with 1149 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 20:14 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

He hasn’t even remotely done that.

Did people listen to what was said or just read bollox on social media?

The only change in England is schools MAY reopen at the end of the month for reception and year 6. And you can be outside for longer from Wednesday as long as you’re safe.

He said that people who can work safely should do so. Which has been the situation from the start. But said specifically that they should avoid public transport to get there.

[Post edited 10 May 2020 22:59]

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 23:04 - May 10 with 1138 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 22:47 - May 10 by monmouth

I don't believe anyone is finding much funny at the moment. The fact is that the four of them should have agreed a position. The fact they didn't even try is both outrageous and contemptible. One man was responsible for that last Wednesday, and I think we all agree that. Leaking that before any discussion would, in any other universe, be the finish of him. But these days there are no boundaries.

We're where we are now though, and I doubt Johnson has any idea what the actual reaction will be. I'm sure his vagueness was deliberate in case it goes tits up. Nobody really knows long term what's for the best. I just want to believe decisions are taken in the best interests of the population not the politicians and I am beyond deeply suspicious about that.

There’s not one word of that I do not agree with.

I was talking this afternoon to family and said that I think the number one aim of tonight would be to make sure no fault could attach to Johnson.

But when I listened to it, it was far more sensible than I expected. And yet people commenting are doing so partly based on what they expected rather than what was said. He actually loosened hardly anything. For England at least. As some restrictions have been stronger in Wales than in England.

Emphasis has changed. But then in some cases it had to. Otherwise everyone will not work for another 6 months until we have a vaccine and the country will be completely f***ed. Which will kill more of us in time than the virus wilL.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 23:09]
Corona Virus on 23:08 - May 10 with 1113 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 22:58 - May 10 by Jack123

[Post edited 10 May 2020 22:59]

It’s relatively easy for a multi millionaire, (getting repeat fees while staying at home) like Matt Lucas to carry on as we are though.

I’m sure many of us know people that are absolutely skint already.
Corona Virus on 23:11 - May 10 with 1091 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 23:08 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

It’s relatively easy for a multi millionaire, (getting repeat fees while staying at home) like Matt Lucas to carry on as we are though.

I’m sure many of us know people that are absolutely skint already.

I think his point, was that the pm's address made no sense.

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 23:11 - May 10 with 1085 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 23:04 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

There’s not one word of that I do not agree with.

I was talking this afternoon to family and said that I think the number one aim of tonight would be to make sure no fault could attach to Johnson.

But when I listened to it, it was far more sensible than I expected. And yet people commenting are doing so partly based on what they expected rather than what was said. He actually loosened hardly anything. For England at least. As some restrictions have been stronger in Wales than in England.

Emphasis has changed. But then in some cases it had to. Otherwise everyone will not work for another 6 months until we have a vaccine and the country will be completely f***ed. Which will kill more of us in time than the virus wilL.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 23:09]

I suspect that the issue is the whole context... The press releases earlier in the week and the fact that they parroted the same stuff suggests some sort of source in government. Then you have weasel words spouted by the man who is supposed to EXPLAIN what is required. The sad truth is that too many off the population do not understand nuance/context and they will marry up the previous press articles and the "demotion" of the "Stay at home" message to mean just carry on as before the lockdown.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 23:16 - May 10 with 1064 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 23:11 - May 10 by Jack123

I think his point, was that the pm's address made no sense.

I genuinely can’t see why people found it confusing,

There was sod all changed this week, a colour graph thing that many have pointed out looks just like a Nando’s menu, a vague statement about what may happen or not in June and July, and an emphasis that the R value will underpin everything which we all knew.

The slogan is a pile of tat, but we all knew that.

It smacked of a statement scheduled when they thought they’d change things but decided not to.

Many are reacting to what wasn’t said but they were expecting.
Corona Virus on 23:22 - May 10 with 1037 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 23:11 - May 10 by DJack

I suspect that the issue is the whole context... The press releases earlier in the week and the fact that they parroted the same stuff suggests some sort of source in government. Then you have weasel words spouted by the man who is supposed to EXPLAIN what is required. The sad truth is that too many off the population do not understand nuance/context and they will marry up the previous press articles and the "demotion" of the "Stay at home" message to mean just carry on as before the lockdown.

I’ve already said that the leak this week was a disgrace.

But it wasn’t carried through. He obviously changed his mind. Or the numbers weren’t as expected.

He spent 15 minutes saying almost nothing. And people are reacting as though he’d said what they expected him to say not what he did say.

The only change is that you can stay in a park. Which everyone was doing anyway. And you’re supposed to go to work if you have to and if it’s safe. But don’t use public transport to get there, Which is as it was 7 weeks ago, but everyone ignored it as they brought in the furlough scheme where the take up was far higher than anticipated.

I think everyone needs to differentiate between the comms, which are utter sh*t, with what’s been said, which is sod all that’s really any different.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024