Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 432735 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 12:05 - Mar 14 with 1397 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 11:48 - Mar 14 by ladyjack

Jackfath older people tend to vote Conservative, there are a lot of older people in Wales, there are a lot of English born older people in Wales, if there are mass deaths lots will be older people, survivers will probably be critical of the Government's handling of the crisis whoever they are so the upshot is could we end up with a Communist People's Republic of Wales, every cloud and all that.

A Communist People's Republic of Wales.

The mass death can really begin once the Cymru Rouge get down to it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 12:07 - Mar 14 with 1384 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 12:05 - Mar 14 by Dr_Winston

A Communist People's Republic of Wales.

The mass death can really begin once the Cymru Rouge get down to it.

Wales would not be doing what Johnson is doing ?

Nobody is doing what Johnson is doing.

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 12:13 - Mar 14 with 1361 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 11:44 - Mar 14 by union_jack

Dicky, the problem is if one person stockpiles, then everybody has to react. Being virtuous and saying you’re not going to stockpile will invariably mean you’ll go without in the near future.

It’s up to the supermarkets to ration now not individuals’ self restraint.

I'd say that's right. I went to Tesco this morning for our usual weekly shop, I actually ended spending less than normal because so many shelves were empty. That's even taking into account I did buy more of tinned goods and some other things, I still spent over 20 quid less.

Some stuff I bought as much as I ws allowed of which was less than normal (eg toilet roll, normally get a 24 pack but today was only allowed 2x4 pack) so I'll have to go shopping again sooner than normal which increases my risk of catching it.

Panic buying is causing more problems.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 12:13 - Mar 14 with 1358 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 12:07 - Mar 14 by Kilkennyjack

Wales would not be doing what Johnson is doing ?

Nobody is doing what Johnson is doing.

I can't believe I'm going to defend him, but for once I think he is totally relying on expert advice. No one knows who is right or wrong. Or I did think so until the kneejerk U turn this morning.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 12:17 - Mar 14 with 1344 viewslegoman

Corona Virus on 12:13 - Mar 14 by monmouth

I can't believe I'm going to defend him, but for once I think he is totally relying on expert advice. No one knows who is right or wrong. Or I did think so until the kneejerk U turn this morning.

The official line on the mass gatherings thing is that they drag resources - police, medics etc away from other duties. To me that makes sense as I have not seen any evidence that attending large events necessarily increases transmission.

Having said all that, it does make clear sense to adopt a degree of social distancing

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Corona Virus on 12:20 - Mar 14 with 1330 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 12:17 - Mar 14 by legoman

The official line on the mass gatherings thing is that they drag resources - police, medics etc away from other duties. To me that makes sense as I have not seen any evidence that attending large events necessarily increases transmission.

Having said all that, it does make clear sense to adopt a degree of social distancing

But surely it stands to reason that if you have 10 x people in an enclosed space, and one is a carrier / spreader, then the chances are that several of the others will contract it? Multiply that by gatherings in the thousands, with tens of those being carriers / spreaders, then more will get infected. Or is that to simplistic?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 12:21 - Mar 14 with 1320 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 12:17 - Mar 14 by legoman

I heard that is Nicola Sturgeons line, the UK Westminster line initially was carry on but sports bodies are acting on their own forcing Boris crowd to change their position.
Corona Virus on 12:21 - Mar 14 with 1317 viewsKilkennyjack

So why is the scientific advice given to Johnson, different from the scientific advice given to all the other governments in the world ?

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 12:22 - Mar 14 with 1315 viewslondonlisa2001

For once in his life, he’s not behaving like a populist and is listening to experts.

In his press conference on Thursday he said they’d announce mass event closures in the next couple of days. Which is now what they’re doing. It’s not a u turn.

As an aside on the political point scoring from some (not you Mon), the scientists from all nations have agreed the strategy and the leaders of all political parties. If you listen to Ashworth from Labour he has said they are in agreement.
Corona Virus on 12:23 - Mar 14 with 1303 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 12:21 - Mar 14 by Kilkennyjack

So why is the scientific advice given to Johnson, different from the scientific advice given to all the other governments in the world ?

It’s not.
Corona Virus on 12:24 - Mar 14 with 1296 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 12:05 - Mar 14 by Kilkennyjack

UK out of line with the rest of the world.
Whats the chances of that lazy posh w@nker Johnson getting this right, and the rest of the world being wrong ?

This us based guy thinks Boris is badly wrong.

That is what the Chinese have been doing to try and fight the virus then is it, clever.
Corona Virus on 12:25 - Mar 14 with 1288 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 12:20 - Mar 14 by Neath_Jack

But surely it stands to reason that if you have 10 x people in an enclosed space, and one is a carrier / spreader, then the chances are that several of the others will contract it? Multiply that by gatherings in the thousands, with tens of those being carriers / spreaders, then more will get infected. Or is that to simplistic?

Boris basically wants people to spread it.
That means that large numbers people get immune quickly.
That means they then cant pass it on.
Thats the plan.
We are not testing people now.

All other counties are testing, isolating, stopping the spread just like you suggest.

Corona Virus on 12:27 - Mar 14 with 1278 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 12:20 - Mar 14 by Neath_Jack

The scientist I listened to (one of the deputy medical officers I think) said that the virus doesn’t last well in the open air and lasts better inside. Humidity seems to have an effect.

So if there is an outdoors mass gathering, the people infected will be proportionately lower than many inside gatherings instead.

The football has only been cancelled because of Arteta and the players currently suspected of infection. Nothing to do with fans. The issue in general however is such events taking away emergency services who may be needed elsewhere.
Corona Virus on 12:27 - Mar 14 with 1277 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 12:25 - Mar 14 by Kilkennyjack

Thats the plan.

All other counties are testing, isolating, stopping the spread just like you suggest.

Immunity is good. Even though you are a paranoid fool.....😂
Corona Virus on 12:28 - Mar 14 with 1276 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 12:22 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

For once in his life, he’s not behaving like a populist and is listening to experts.

In his press conference on Thursday he said they’d announce mass event closures in the next couple of days. Which is now what they’re doing. It’s not a u turn.

As an aside on the political point scoring from some (not you Mon), the scientists from all nations have agreed the strategy and the leaders of all political parties. If you listen to Ashworth from Labour he has said they are in agreement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51881006

UK Government medical advice was happy for tens of thousands of people to attend the match in Cardiff.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 12:28]
Corona Virus on 12:28 - Mar 14 with 1272 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 12:23 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

It’s not.

You are wrong Lisa.

Uk is doing different things cos Boris is listening to certain people and not others.
Cummings is all over this.

[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 12:29]

Corona Virus on 12:30 - Mar 14 with 1260 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 12:25 - Mar 14 by Kilkennyjack

Thats the plan.

I know you’re anti Boris.

So am I.

But this post is genuinely ridiculous. The government don’t ‘want people to get it’. They believe there’s no way of stopping people getting it and are trying to manage it.

Scoring political points over something as serious as this really should stop.
Corona Virus on 12:31 - Mar 14 with 1254 viewsJackfath

Corona Virus on 12:27 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

The scientist I listened to (one of the deputy medical officers I think) said that the virus doesn’t last well in the open air and lasts better inside. Humidity seems to have an effect.

So if there is an outdoors mass gathering, the people infected will be proportionately lower than many inside gatherings instead.

The football has only been cancelled because of Arteta and the players currently suspected of infection. Nothing to do with fans. The issue in general however is such events taking away emergency services who may be needed elsewhere.

Schools?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Corona Virus on 12:31 - Mar 14 with 1255 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 12:27 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

Aye i know the bit about the emergency services, i heard that yesterday. I was more thinking along the lines of concerts at the motorpoint for example, theatres, cinemas, nighclubs etc. Regards to big sporting events, such as the postponed rugby today, there would have been 100,000+ in the pubs and bars of cardiff.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 12:32 - Mar 14 with 1255 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 12:28 - Mar 14 by Kilkennyjack

You are wrong Lisa.

Uk is doing different things cos Boris is listening to certain people and not others.

You didn’t say the UK is doing differently. You said the scientific advice was different which is incorrect.

Johnson is listening to the scientists.
Corona Virus on 12:33 - Mar 14 with 1252 viewsladyjack

But our expert advice has led to a different policy of tackling the virus compared to virtually every other country.
Corona Virus on 12:33 - Mar 14 with 1249 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 12:31 - Mar 14 by Jackfath

Schools?

Schools what?

Schools are a double edged sword aren’t they.

If schools are closed where do the children go?
Corona Virus on 12:33 - Mar 14 with 1248 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 12:28 - Mar 14 by Kilkennyjack

You are wrong Lisa.

Or is Bojo lisening to the same medical advice but adopting a different strategy?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 12:34 - Mar 14 with 1246 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 12:27 - Mar 14 by Thebus

Immunity is good. Even though you are a paranoid fool.....😂

Yes mate, very good if you are fit and healthy.

No so great if you are over 70 and the failure to stop the spread at source through testing kills you.

Other countries are stopping it, we are not bothering and trusting a theory. Bit of a big gamble for some 100,000’s people sadly.

Corona Virus on 12:36 - Mar 14 with 1239 viewsJackfath

Corona Virus on 12:33 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

Schools what?

Schools are a double edged sword aren’t they.

If schools are closed where do the children go?

Usually at home.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024