Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437042 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 20:16 - May 11 with 1597 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 20:13 - May 11 by Neath_Jack

The best scriptwriters in the world, would struggle to write something like this shambles.

I think James O'Brien summed it up well, it was along the lines of "other than slogans, lies and xenophobia, this lot have nothing"

It's probably because they're all incompetent.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Corona Virus on 20:18 - May 11 with 1589 viewsNeath_Jack

This might be of interest to some on here.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/05/05/sage-m05.html?fbclid=IwAR2CBy6R8qt4r

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 20:18 - May 11 with 1584 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:48 - May 11 by exiledclaseboy

On coat/tubegate, Kay Burley was wearing an overcoat in Downing Street earlier when she decided to cut off Sturgeon to yell at Hancock while he was entering No 10. So it must have been a bit parky.

Well I’ve just got back in from taking the dog for her evening walk. I was wearing a t shirt and a hoodie. No scarf, no hat. But layers. I’m still alive. Given it’s 12 degrees or so with patchy cloud cover. It’s what in Wales would be described as a spring evening. Possibly a glorious spring evening...

Corona Virus on 20:20 - May 11 with 1563 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:15 - May 11 by exiledclaseboy

Vallance (chief scientific advisor) reports to the PM and cabinet secretary. Whitty (CMO) is a civil servant so presumably reports to the permanent secretary of the Department of Health.

Whitty was first appointed to a government position in 2009.
Corona Virus on 20:23 - May 11 with 1548 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:20 - May 11 by londonlisa2001

Whitty was first appointed to a government position in 2009.

He reminds me of the adult Stewie Griffin from that flash forward episode of Family Guy.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 20:25 - May 11 with 1531 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:23 - May 11 by exiledclaseboy

He reminds me of the adult Stewie Griffin from that flash forward episode of Family Guy.

I think he’s good. Particularly when he says ‘I’d just add to that’ when he’s about to completely contradict what one of the politicians have said.
Corona Virus on 20:26 - May 11 with 1524 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 20:23 - May 11 by exiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:27 - May 11 with 1518 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:16 - May 11 by waynekerr55

I think James O'Brien summed it up well, it was along the lines of "other than slogans, lies and xenophobia, this lot have nothing"

It's probably because they're all incompetent.

I don’t understand why anyone is shocked.

But I similarly don’t understand why people can’t use at least some element of common sense to keep themselves safe.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 20:29 - May 11 with 1514 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 18:54 - May 11 by perplex

Then you have the likes of Sweden who did not lock down and have only 3000 deaths out of a 12 mill or so population, also the number of deaths have been dropping for a while now, but I suppose we will find out in the future if the lockdown will have done more harm than good in the long run, and meanwhile I will be going to keep an open mind.

Sweden has the 6th highest deaths per capita rate in the world, and have been hit far worse than other Scandinavian nations.
Corona Virus on 20:34 - May 11 with 1497 viewsjack2jack

No wonder everyone's confused.
Corona Virus on 20:48 - May 11 with 1438 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 20:27 - May 11 by londonlisa2001

But I similarly don’t understand why people can’t use at least some element of common sense to keep themselves safe.

It’s a bit of everything isn’t it? We can point out the many cock ups that our rancid smorgasbord of politicians have duly delivered but at the end of the day if a significant number of people had done what they were told and not treated it like a holiday we wouldn’t be in half this mess.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 20:55 - May 11 with 1409 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 20:27 - May 11 by londonlisa2001

Absolutely. As I said to my chum the other day, we are no position to criticise America for being stupid.

Corona Virus on 20:59 - May 11 with 1403 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 20:55 - May 11 by waynekerr55

Absolutely. As I said to my chum the other day, we are no position to criticise America for being stupid.

Believe me. Stupidity knows no boundries. Germany in unlock mode is no better.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 21:19 - May 11 with 1358 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 20:34 - May 11 by jack2jack

OOF! Fair play, Piers.
[Post edited 11 May 2020 21:22]
Corona Virus on 21:21 - May 11 with 1351 viewsSwanjaxs

Fair play to Boris, first up he decided to play a blinder by shaking coronavirus patents firmly by the hand, then, by some cruel twist of fate, he was struck down with the very same virus.

I suppose we really shouldn't be surprised at the way things are now panning out under his leadership...

Blind leading the deaf anyone 🤔

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 21:30 - May 11 with 1323 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 19:16 - May 11 by Neath_Jack

And this meeting one member of your family whilst out exercising, is complete and utter bollocks as well.

You can go out, and exercise with 50 strangers, but not 2 members of your family.

Do you know what, I think I'm just about done with it all now.

An absolute and utter shambles.

Pint?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 21:31 - May 11 with 1314 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 21:30 - May 11 by Cooperman

Pint?

Yeah f*ck it

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 21:55 - May 11 with 1239 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 20:29 - May 11 by jasper_T

Sweden has the 6th highest deaths per capita rate in the world, and have been hit far worse than other Scandinavian nations.

Indeed, people extolling the virtues of Sweden’s approach are behind the curve. A very high number of Swedes live alone and being such a big spread out country they took a different approach, but as you say they are struggling and have by far the worst deaths rate in Scandinavia and it’s amongst the worst in the world.
Corona Virus on 21:59 - May 11 with 1229 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 21:55 - May 11 by majorraglan

Indeed, people extolling the virtues of Sweden’s approach are behind the curve. A very high number of Swedes live alone and being such a big spread out country they took a different approach, but as you say they are struggling and have by far the worst deaths rate in Scandinavia and it’s amongst the worst in the world.

It's worth watching the interview with the guy who basically designed the Swedish approach that I posted the other day.

They've made mistakes (not locking down nursing homes sooner is one they've admitted to) but the logic behind the way they've approached things is interesting.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 22:15 - May 11 with 1196 viewsA_Fans_Dad

More good news in the treatment department in the Lancet.
There are now quite a few treatments for COVID-19 that improve patients conditions, funny how our government and the Yanks are not talking them up.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31042-4/fullt

I wonder why?
Corona Virus on 22:19 - May 11 with 1182 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 21:59 - May 11 by Dr_Winston

It's worth watching the interview with the guy who basically designed the Swedish approach that I posted the other day.

They've made mistakes (not locking down nursing homes sooner is one they've admitted to) but the logic behind the way they've approached things is interesting.

Up arrowed by mistake there Doc. Jury’s out ;-) Can you post the link again ? Thanks.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 22:21 - May 11 with 1176 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 22:19 - May 11 by longlostjack

Up arrowed by mistake there Doc. Jury’s out ;-) Can you post the link again ? Thanks.

Certainly.

Like I said before, I don't agree with everything he says, but the logic behind it makes sense.

https://unherd.com/thepost/coming-up-epidemiologist-prof-johan-giesecke-shares-l

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 22:23 - May 11 with 1172 viewsmajorraglan

I wish I could say it was unbelievable, but it wasn’t. Andrew Bidgen stepping up for the Conservative Party was asked question on Government policy and got it wrong, if I as going on a National TV and facing someone like Morgan I’d want to know the in’s and out’s of a cat’s a...! Not a Piers fan, but he raised a lot of good points in that interview/rant and let Bridgen have it between the eyes.

There was a brief mention to a Public Enquiry, I can’t see the Government ever agreeing to one, unless it’s a complete carve up.
[Post edited 11 May 2020 23:02]
Corona Virus on 22:30 - May 11 with 1147 viewsHumpty

Britain is the most densely populated country in Europe?

Since when?
Corona Virus on 22:38 - May 11 with 1124 viewsjack2jack

Corona Virus on 22:30 - May 11 by Humpty

Britain is the most densely populated country in Europe?

Since when?

It isn't hump, but he wouldn't know that, because they are all clueless, and being shown up for what they are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024