Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437833 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 21:43 - May 12 with 1245 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 21:37 - May 12 by Highjack

Where did you get that figure from? Paris is well over 10 million.

https://www.google.com/search?q=population+of+paris+2020&oq=population+of+Paris+

I admit i should have looked into it a bit more, but 21k per sq mile? New Delhi is lower than that ffs!
Corona Virus on 21:43 - May 12 with 1242 viewsJack_Kass

Corona Virus on 21:30 - May 12 by Garyjack

Paris has a population of only 2.15m so by your reckoning it's only 10 square miles in total area. Swansea has a square mileage of roughly 250! Are you sure you have your figures correct?

Positive. Look it up.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Corona Virus on 21:47 - May 12 with 1225 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 21:41 - May 12 by waynekerr55

Sorry I should have been more clear; I meant to say that I find it hilarious that Sir Keir is somehow more detached from the average man and woman than the bunch of Tufton Street grifters in charge.

I was being facetious

He’s equally as detached. We haven’t had a truly working class PM since Ramsey Macdonald, and labour chucked him out for being a traitor.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 21:50 - May 12 with 1211 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 21:43 - May 12 by Jack_Kass

Positive. Look it up.

I have (a bit) and seriously doubt whether a cosmopolitan city such as Paris has 21,000 people per sq mile living there!
[Post edited 12 May 2020 21:50]
Corona Virus on 21:50 - May 12 with 1210 viewsairedale

Reminds me of that famous quote, ‘Lies, Damned Lies and Sadistics.
Corona Virus on 21:52 - May 12 with 1201 viewsJack_Kass

Corona Virus on 21:50 - May 12 by Garyjack

I have (a bit) and seriously doubt whether a cosmopolitan city such as Paris has 21,000 people per sq mile living there!
[Post edited 12 May 2020 21:50]

21k sq km

55k sq miles

Its a right squeeze in the centre apparently
[Post edited 12 May 2020 21:53]

Corona Virus on 21:52 - May 12 with 1200 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 20:35 - May 12 by chad

What part is wrong?

Does the ‘again’ refer to your opinion that a person living inside this country throughout the CV crises, is not giving an inside view, when they report on it from here

Still struggling with the concept of “foreign correspondent” despite being given a rather large clue...😂

Christ, you’re fûcking tedious...
Corona Virus on 21:52 - May 12 with 1197 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 21:47 - May 12 by Highjack

He’s equally as detached. We haven’t had a truly working class PM since Ramsey Macdonald, and labour chucked him out for being a traitor.

Equally detached? Much more privileged than most, yes but come on. The Tufton Grifters are the epitome of the "establishment" that Nigel Shitler bangs on about.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 21:57 - May 12 with 1184 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 21:52 - May 12 by Jack_Kass

21k sq km

55k sq miles

It really depends how you define "city". According to this website, Paris is 11m, but they do define a city differently e.g.

These population estimates and projections come from the latest revision of the UN World Urbanization Prospects. These estimates represent the Urban agglomeration of Paris, which typically includes Paris's population in addition to adjacent suburban areas.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/world-cities/

11m seems more like it to me. If you've ever driven around the outskirts of Paris - it's feckin huge.
Corona Virus on 22:00 - May 12 with 1176 viewscontroversial_jack

Paris = 11 million
Corona Virus on 22:01 - May 12 with 1170 viewsDr_Winston

I'd expect Paris to be quite low density. Don't they have problems building high rises in lots of parts of town due to all the caves/catacombs underneath?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 22:02 - May 12 with 1161 viewsJack_Kass

Corona Virus on 21:57 - May 12 by ploppy

It really depends how you define "city". According to this website, Paris is 11m, but they do define a city differently e.g.

These population estimates and projections come from the latest revision of the UN World Urbanization Prospects. These estimates represent the Urban agglomeration of Paris, which typically includes Paris's population in addition to adjacent suburban areas.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/world-cities/

11m seems more like it to me. If you've ever driven around the outskirts of Paris - it's feckin huge.

Its the ol city/metropolitan discussion

2m in the city, 11m in the region/metro area

Corona Virus on 22:08 - May 12 with 1149 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 21:52 - May 12 by Jack_Kass

21k sq km

55k sq miles

Tight squeeze! More akin to the Krakow Ghetto!
Corona Virus on 22:09 - May 12 with 1142 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 22:00 - May 12 by controversial_jack

Paris = 11 million

What the hell are you going to do with all the coconuts you've won on here?
Corona Virus on 22:17 - May 12 with 1115 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 18:35 - May 12 by chad

Perhaps Reigate grammar public school fees, of circa 20K a year, worth a punt now then?

Interesting though, that comps were being imposed from Labour policy of the mid 60s, (even before the time Keir attended that school), and the widespread opportunity to try for grammar school, stripped from the majority of ordinary children.

For every Grammar School there was a Secondary Modern dump. However that’s for another thread.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 22:40 - May 12 with 1089 viewschad

Corona Virus on 21:52 - May 12 by WarwickHunt

Still struggling with the concept of “foreign correspondent” despite being given a rather large clue...😂

Christ, you’re fûcking tedious...

Oh I am cut to the quick.

Yes they are foreign correspondents because they are reporting from the inside of a foreign country.

Now you said I was wrong ‘again’ in that post about Reigate Grammar. I am sure you would not want to miss an opportunity to display your superior knowledge, so am sure you will be happy to point out what it was you thought I was wrong about, but you seem to have avoided replying to that question. An oversight I am sure.
Corona Virus on 22:47 - May 12 with 1075 viewschad

Corona Virus on 22:17 - May 12 by longlostjack

For every Grammar School there was a Secondary Modern dump. However that’s for another thread.

I agree, some were OK, unsure the solution was to pull them down to the LCD

Just surprised big Labour supporters would not go with the Comp ideal rather than going out of the way to hang onto a privilege? the opportunity for which being largely removed from the population in general by Labour driven policy.
Corona Virus on 22:58 - May 12 with 1055 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 22:40 - May 12 by chad

Oh I am cut to the quick.

Yes they are foreign correspondents because they are reporting from the inside of a foreign country.

Now you said I was wrong ‘again’ in that post about Reigate Grammar. I am sure you would not want to miss an opportunity to display your superior knowledge, so am sure you will be happy to point out what it was you thought I was wrong about, but you seem to have avoided replying to that question. An oversight I am sure.

“Yes they are foreign correspondents because they are reporting from the inside of a foreign country.” 😂😂😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Are you really that fûcking thick or is Dimi your role model?

Your mate Lisa had already schooled you (arf!) on Reigate Grammar.
Corona Virus on 23:08 - May 12 with 1043 viewschad

Corona Virus on 21:41 - May 12 by waynekerr55

Sorry I should have been more clear; I meant to say that I find it hilarious that Sir Keir is somehow more detached from the average man and woman than the bunch of Tufton Street grifters in charge.

I was being facetious

I am glad you are being facetious - or perhaps what you might call whataboutary! ;)

because I was not Making any comparison at all, wasn’t it you who brought up the Tories?

Although I just get a bit of a feeling that keir wants to play down his poshness. Didn’t his wiki keep getting edited about millionaire status and explanations over his other property interests?

I say he should be out and proud.
Corona Virus on 23:16 - May 12 with 1022 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 23:08 - May 12 by chad

I am glad you are being facetious - or perhaps what you might call whataboutary! ;)

because I was not Making any comparison at all, wasn’t it you who brought up the Tories?

Although I just get a bit of a feeling that keir wants to play down his poshness. Didn’t his wiki keep getting edited about millionaire status and explanations over his other property interests?

I say he should be out and proud.

He’s not posh ffs.

His Dad was a tool maker and his Mum a nurse unti” she became very ill. He went to his grammar school.

He’s a millionaire because he’s a silk.

Are we saying someone from an ordinary background can’t make any money now?
Corona Virus on 23:20 - May 12 with 1014 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:45 - May 12 by chad

Yep know that, just WK seemed to be saying that I was suggesting Tories not establishment, so mentioned them both going to Oxford.

Oxford still pretty establishment, hardly a working class hotbed, even more markedly for those from further afield.

I’ve no idea what ‘even more markedly from those further afield’ means in this context.

There’s loads of working class kids at Oxford. Or at least there were when Johnson was there.

He wasn’t one of them.
Corona Virus on 23:22 - May 12 with 1006 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 22:02 - May 12 by Jack_Kass

Its the ol city/metropolitan discussion

2m in the city, 11m in the region/metro area

The bit of ‘Paris’ that’s 2m is the equivalent of saying ‘London’ is the City of London.
Corona Virus on 23:23 - May 12 with 1000 viewschad

Corona Virus on 22:58 - May 12 by WarwickHunt

“Yes they are foreign correspondents because they are reporting from the inside of a foreign country.” 😂😂😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Are you really that fûcking thick or is Dimi your role model?

Your mate Lisa had already schooled you (arf!) on Reigate Grammar.

If thick is a synonym for correct, then yes

I think actually, I explained to Lisa the difference between started and went

Now Warwick, stop avoiding the question, you said I was wrong when I said...

Perhaps Reigate grammar public school fees, of circa 20K a year, worth a punt now then?

Interesting though, that comps were being imposed from Labour policy of the mid 60s, (even before the time Keir attended that school), and the widespread opportunity to try for grammar school, stripped from the majority of ordinary children.

What was wrong in that, don’t be so reticent, I am eager to be ‘schooled’ by you and your superior knowledge. But for some inexplicable reason you keep avoiding the question. Umm I wonder why.
Corona Virus on 23:32 - May 12 with 990 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 23:22 - May 12 by londonlisa2001

The bit of ‘Paris’ that’s 2m is the equivalent of saying ‘London’ is the City of London.

I did say i should have looked into it further when i came up with the link, but i still maintain the claim that the population of Paris is 21.k per sq mile is absolutely ludicrous.
Corona Virus on 23:34 - May 12 with 977 viewsDJack

Info...

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/the-fda-has-authorised-remdesivir-for-use-in-covid

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024