Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437523 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 13:10 - Mar 14 with 1445 viewstheloneranger

Corona Virus on 13:05 - Mar 14 by Catullus

The winter of discontent? That was Labour.

I wouldn't close schools because we don't know how many NHS workers would need to take time off work, never mind the other emergency services. Children are the least vulnerable aparently, unless that has changed then it's the big picture we need to look at.

As someone else said, if dhildren end up with grandparents then we are sending potential carriers to stay with the most vulnerable.

The 3 day week was Heath and the Conservative government in 1973/74.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Corona Virus on 13:10 - Mar 14 with 1444 viewsJackfath

Corona Virus on 13:03 - Mar 14 by Neath_Jack

If they do close schools to children, will you still be expected to attend?

I've no idea. But if the rest of the nation are in lock down, why would teacher be expected to go to work?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Corona Virus on 13:13 - Mar 14 with 1435 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 13:05 - Mar 14 by Kilkennyjack

Well do you still think we are doing the same as other nations, but just at a different time... ?

You are wrong.

Whatever.

Read the experts.

There’s a very detailed thread from Professor Ian Donald on twitter today that explains what they are trying to do.

As he says, no one knows whether it is right or not. But it details all the steps that our scientists are recommending.

One thing they’re not recommending is what lazy commentators are saying they are.
Corona Virus on 13:16 - Mar 14 with 1427 viewsGowerjack

Corona Virus on 13:05 - Mar 14 by Catullus

The winter of discontent? That was Labour.

I wouldn't close schools because we don't know how many NHS workers would need to take time off work, never mind the other emergency services. Children are the least vulnerable aparently, unless that has changed then it's the big picture we need to look at.

As someone else said, if dhildren end up with grandparents then we are sending potential carriers to stay with the most vulnerable.

Dear me.

The miners strike.

1972 not 1979

Heath was a backbencher at the time of the Winter of Discontent.

You voted leave didn't you..?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Corona Virus on 13:18 - Mar 14 with 1418 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 13:05 - Mar 14 by Kilkennyjack

Well do you still think we are doing the same as other nations, but just at a different time... ?

You are wrong.

Over quarter of a million deaths in the UK due to Boris herd immunity policy then according to those figures, wow.
When I heard the guy say last night 200,000 of us would die I nearly fell off my chair, but it seems like it's possible we could be looking at such figures, a lot of people could possibly be losing their grandparents and parents if they are elderly then, no wonder Boris was saying 'many more families are going to lose loved ones'.
Corona Virus on 13:19 - Mar 14 with 1415 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 13:13 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

Whatever.

Read the experts.

There’s a very detailed thread from Professor Ian Donald on twitter today that explains what they are trying to do.

As he says, no one knows whether it is right or not. But it details all the steps that our scientists are recommending.

One thing they’re not recommending is what lazy commentators are saying they are.

You're trying to explain simple things to two of the dimmest, most dogmatic people on this board. I hope you've got lots of free time today.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 13:19 - Mar 14 with 1413 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 13:10 - Mar 14 by Jackfath

I've no idea. But if the rest of the nation are in lock down, why would teacher be expected to go to work?

Depends what "lock down" looks like I guess.

I'm not anticipating construction / civil engineering projects closing down. Similarly, I couldn't see a reason for teachers not to attend.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 13:25 - Mar 14 with 1384 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 13:19 - Mar 14 by Dr_Winston

You're trying to explain simple things to two of the dimmest, most dogmatic people on this board. I hope you've got lots of free time today.

Trampie is a troll, it’s all a pretence (notice the way his grammar and use of language changes from one post to the next, sometimes even within a single post).

Kilkenny is just seeing things from a starting point of ‘Johnson must be wrong’.

There’s no one on here that dislikes Johnson more than I do, but for once, he’s letting the experts dictate rather than doing what the ‘masses’ want. No one knows whether the experts are right and it’s a long haul before anyone finds out, but at least he’s listening.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 13:28 - Mar 14 with 1371 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 13:10 - Mar 14 by theloneranger

The 3 day week was Heath and the Conservative government in 1973/74.

Yep. 'Vote for Ted, get four days in bed'

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 13:29 - Mar 14 with 1368 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 13:25 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

Trampie is a troll, it’s all a pretence (notice the way his grammar and use of language changes from one post to the next, sometimes even within a single post).

Kilkenny is just seeing things from a starting point of ‘Johnson must be wrong’.

There’s no one on here that dislikes Johnson more than I do, but for once, he’s letting the experts dictate rather than doing what the ‘masses’ want. No one knows whether the experts are right and it’s a long haul before anyone finds out, but at least he’s listening.

Aye, anyone trying to score political points over this, is more than a bit silly.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Corona Virus on 13:31 - Mar 14 with 1358 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 13:25 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

Do you think our experts are better than German, American and Chinese experts ?

Do you think you dislike Boris more than me ?

As usual you have got everything wrong on this topic as you do on most other topics, Kilkenny has owned you on this thread.
Corona Virus on 13:34 - Mar 14 with 1344 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 13:31 - Mar 14 by ladyjack

Do you think our experts are better than German, American and Chinese experts ?

Do you think you dislike Boris more than me ?

As usual you have got everything wrong on this topic as you do on most other topics, Kilkenny has owned you on this thread.

The Germans have also said that they expect a 70% infection rate for the population.

The Americans can’t even produce tests that work.

We are taking masses of advice from China.

As usual, you are a waste of time. Haven’t you anything better to do than pretend to be a character on the Internet?
Corona Virus on 13:35 - Mar 14 with 1335 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 13:29 - Mar 14 by Neath_Jack

Aye, anyone trying to score political points over this, is more than a bit silly.

Yep.

All parties are involved in talks it seems. There is an issue with Momentum as Starmer is anticipated as leader rather than RLB.
Corona Virus on 13:37 - Mar 14 with 1321 viewsGowerjack

Corona Virus on 13:35 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

Yep.

All parties are involved in talks it seems. There is an issue with Momentum as Starmer is anticipated as leader rather than RLB.

That's cos Momentum "won the arguement" mun..

Do keep up Lisa

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Corona Virus on 13:37 - Mar 14 with 1320 viewsJackfath

Corona Virus on 13:19 - Mar 14 by Neath_Jack

Depends what "lock down" looks like I guess.

I'm not anticipating construction / civil engineering projects closing down. Similarly, I couldn't see a reason for teachers not to attend.

They could work from home, like many other people are being told.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Corona Virus on 13:38 - Mar 14 with 1318 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 13:34 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

The Germans have also said that they expect a 70% infection rate for the population.

The Americans can’t even produce tests that work.

We are taking masses of advice from China.

As usual, you are a waste of time. Haven’t you anything better to do than pretend to be a character on the Internet?

Do you think we are doing things right and the rest of the World is not ?, taking into consideration that we have u-turned on the best way forward which implies we don't know what we are doing otherwise we would not have u-turned.
Corona Virus on 13:40 - Mar 14 with 1310 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Travel bans and sanctions are leaving people stranded at airports, you have to feel for them.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 13:42 - Mar 14 with 1305 viewsLeonWasGod

Whatever.

Read the experts.

Yes, that’s an interesting thread. And he points out it’s a gamble that nobody knows will work or not, and the humane element relies on aggressively protecting the vulnerable which doesn’t appear to be happening yet. So I can understand why people are worried.

There’s also a letter from health professionals in the Times asking the government to be transparent in their decision making or risk losing the public’s trust. I think we’re at that point already, which is why so many groups are making decisions contrary to govt advice (e.g. postponement of football).
Corona Virus on 13:42 - Mar 14 with 1305 viewsmagicdaps10

School closures are still too early.

Do it now and the elderly(grandparents) are in big trouble as many a child will be put with their grandparent.

Mock Boris if you like but he is taking the advice from experts, there is no easy out here.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Corona Virus on 13:44 - Mar 14 with 1300 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 13:37 - Mar 14 by Jackfath

They could work from home, like many other people are being told.

Is there anything to be gained from that? A teacher in his / her own classroom? People need to try and stick to normality as much as they can in my opinion. But i fear there are many who will try their damnedest to get away with doing less due to the situation.

Corona Virus on 13:47 - Mar 14 with 1292 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 13:38 - Mar 14 by ladyjack

Do you think we are doing things right and the rest of the World is not ?, taking into consideration that we have u-turned on the best way forward which implies we don't know what we are doing otherwise we would not have u-turned.

There isn't a Haynes manual on how to do it "right".

But you already know that, and are just being a knob for knobs sake.

Corona Virus on 13:48 - Mar 14 with 1288 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 13:42 - Mar 14 by LeonWasGod

Yes, that’s an interesting thread. And he points out it’s a gamble that nobody knows will work or not, and the humane element relies on aggressively protecting the vulnerable which doesn’t appear to be happening yet. So I can understand why people are worried.

There’s also a letter from health professionals in the Times asking the government to be transparent in their decision making or risk losing the public’s trust. I think we’re at that point already, which is why so many groups are making decisions contrary to govt advice (e.g. postponement of football).

We are all worried.

We all have family members who are more at risk.

I think a very careful explanation of what they are thinking, trying to do, why it seems differently timed to other countries etc is essential.

One thing that was interesting in that thread, was a suggestion that the science reporters should be front page rather than the political reporters. That makes sense to me.

The irony is that the mistrust in experts, people thinking they know more than them etc, has largely been stoked over the past few years by Johnson and Cummings etc as it suited them. They are reaping what they have been instrumental in sowing in the first place as now it’s so important to trust experts, people are not and they can’t get the message across.
Corona Virus on 13:51 - Mar 14 with 1274 viewsladyjack

Whatever.

Read the experts.

Donald says they want people to get infected, he talks about them wanting children to infect people and school opening and closing to be used like a tap to infect the population same with sporting events.
It's a very high risk strategy that the UK is prepared to take.
Corona Virus on 13:52 - Mar 14 with 1271 viewsItchySphincter

Corona Virus on 12:07 - Mar 14 by Kilkennyjack

Wales would not be doing what Johnson is doing ?

Nobody is doing what Johnson is doing.

Doesn’t necessarily mean he’s wrong though. Impossible for anyone to say.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Corona Virus on 13:53 - Mar 14 with 1266 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 13:51 - Mar 14 by ladyjack

Donald says they want people to get infected, he talks about them wanting children to infect people and school opening and closing to be used like a tap to infect the population same with sporting events.
It's a very high risk strategy that the UK is prepared to take.

No. As usual you don’t understand (or pretend you don’t).

He says they think whatever they do people will get infected, so they are trying to control the rate.

And no sh*t Sherlock.

Everyone knows that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024