Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 432538 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 13:24 - May 17 with 1154 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 11:40 - May 17 by A_Fans_Dad

Prof, how about a non clinical study that finds a drug that cuts the spread of COVID-19 by around 90%.
Would that be useful?

Don't you think that all the countries would be looking at the same data?

Of course you wouldn't need any fancy expensive Vaccines if it actually works, so there would be lot's of red faces and cuts in financing as well as massive losses in profits.

Dettol?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 13:30 - May 17 with 1138 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 12:42 - May 17 by exiledclaseboy

Couple of polls today showing that public confidence in the U.K. government’s handling of the pandemic is tumbling. Looks like Johnson’s ineptitude and the shambles of last weekend might catch up with him. Shame about the majority of 80 mind.

This post has been edited by an administrator

But there are some reports too that 250 tories are 'furious' with the cabinet. Whatever that means.

We're stuck with them for years anyway, no matter what a shambles they create (no deal brexit next, I guess, which will see our economic prospects dead and buried for the rest of my life at least). Amazingly there's worse than Johnson in there....most of the cabinet incredibly, and they are all so hopeless, they'd all keep hold the real PM, Cummins, to tell them what to do.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 13:57 - May 17 with 1112 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 12:20 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

You do know that the UK has had controlled clinical studies of 5 different treatments in place now for weeks.

Why don’t you rely on these rather than non clinical studies?

Yet another large scale study this week has said that your favourite has had no effect but has caused heart issues. There are all sorts of mixed findings. When they’ve looked at all these things properly we’ll stand a chance.

If any drug was genuinely cutting the disease by 90% you think they’d ignore it because of ‘profits’? Do you have any idea whatsoever what lockdown measures are costing governments across the world?

I will only bother to answer on epoint because you will ignore anything I say anyway.
This is for anyone else who is reading this post.
This Pandemic is not costing any Governments a single penny.
That is Tax Payers money you are talking about, it is us that it is costing, either now or in the future.
Whereas any profits to be made will be made by big investors, some of whom may well be government officials, but certainly number many millionaires and billionaires.
You know that better than most.
Corona Virus on 14:04 - May 17 with 1099 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 12:20 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

You do know that the UK has had controlled clinical studies of 5 different treatments in place now for weeks.

Why don’t you rely on these rather than non clinical studies?

Yet another large scale study this week has said that your favourite has had no effect but has caused heart issues. There are all sorts of mixed findings. When they’ve looked at all these things properly we’ll stand a chance.

If any drug was genuinely cutting the disease by 90% you think they’d ignore it because of ‘profits’? Do you have any idea whatsoever what lockdown measures are costing governments across the world?

But I do have one question for you.
With so many vested interests do you understand the principle of designing Clinical Studies to fail?
Like the Brazillian Chloroquine study that gave twice the safe dose to patients and then declared it "unsafe" when they developed heart arrhythmia, which is also a known symptom of COVID-19 anyway.
[Post edited 17 May 2020 16:24]
Corona Virus on 14:05 - May 17 with 1096 viewsNotLoyal

Spoke to family this morning in Spain, national death rate below 100, there’s hope I suppose.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Corona Virus on 14:11 - May 17 with 1080 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 13:57 - May 17 by A_Fans_Dad

I will only bother to answer on epoint because you will ignore anything I say anyway.
This is for anyone else who is reading this post.
This Pandemic is not costing any Governments a single penny.
That is Tax Payers money you are talking about, it is us that it is costing, either now or in the future.
Whereas any profits to be made will be made by big investors, some of whom may well be government officials, but certainly number many millionaires and billionaires.
You know that better than most.

That’s just economically illiterate bollox.

The majority of companies that stand to make money out of any treatment, vaccine, whatever are publicly quoted. The two biggest in the UK are AZ (the old ICI) and GSK. Both are public companies, They are not owned by ‘millionaires and billionaires’ in the sense that you mean - they are owned by all of us through pension funds, savings plans, local authority investments, government investments, etc etc etc.

You’re a Ford pensioner - they’ve billions of pounds invested in equities. You’re one of the ‘big investors’.
Corona Virus on 14:36 - May 17 with 1054 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 14:05 - May 17 by NotLoyal

Spoke to family this morning in Spain, national death rate below 100, there’s hope I suppose.

They are 3 weeks in advance of us and didn't open up too early
Corona Virus on 14:52 - May 17 with 1032 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 14:36 - May 17 by controversial_jack

Wales hasn’t opened up though?
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 15:10 - May 17 with 1005 viewsLohengrin

Corona Virus on 14:52 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

You wouldn’t know it this last few days, Lis. The increase in traffic on the M4 is astonishing when compared with what I was seeing last week going to and from work.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Corona Virus on 15:26 - May 17 with 974 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 15:10 - May 17 by Lohengrin

You wouldn’t know it this last few days, Lis. The increase in traffic on the M4 is astonishing when compared with what I was seeing last week going to and from work.

I honestly get a sense Loh that there’s been a greater level of people ignoring this whole lockdown outside London than there has been here, where, (and I know some have been in parks etc), the vast majority have been strict.
Corona Virus on 15:30 - May 17 with 971 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 14:52 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

Thankfully!
Corona Virus on 15:31 - May 17 with 962 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 15:30 - May 17 by controversial_jack

Thankfully!

Yeah, but you just said we’d opened up too early? When Wales hasn’t?
Corona Virus on 15:47 - May 17 with 932 viewsNotLoyal

Corona Virus on 14:36 - May 17 by controversial_jack

From my limited experience the people there have far been more disciplined in following govt guidelines, not all but most. Imposed fines of 6oo euros plus have helped and a police force prepared to engage with idiots who think they are above the law.
In 3 weeks time the UK will be nowhere near these figures. I hope they are but seriously the 2 countries don't compare.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Corona Virus on 16:01 - May 17 with 918 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 15:47 - May 17 by NotLoyal

From my limited experience the people there have far been more disciplined in following govt guidelines, not all but most. Imposed fines of 6oo euros plus have helped and a police force prepared to engage with idiots who think they are above the law.
In 3 weeks time the UK will be nowhere near these figures. I hope they are but seriously the 2 countries don't compare.

Just on the wireless that England will be reporting 90 deaths today, and the earliest death in this "batch" was the 12th of May. Weekend reporting is always down, but that sounds like a huge fall in numbers.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 16:11 - May 17 with 904 viewsNeath_Jack

What i don't get is how come the uk are having so many deaths compared to other countries. There are some countries out there this past week, that are reporting huge new infection numbers, but the deaths are nowhere near what ours was. Now i get there are different reporting procedures, and some are fudging their numbers, but the differences are staggering. There's no way we are the only country in the world that are being truthful with the numbers, absolutely none.

When you look at Italy for example, where they were literally dying in corridors because their care system couldn't cope with the numbers. Yet our NHS has never been anywhere near being stretched, or full beds, yet we still had more deaths.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Corona Virus on 16:12 - May 17 with 904 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 16:01 - May 17 by Neath_Jack

Just on the wireless that England will be reporting 90 deaths today, and the earliest death in this "batch" was the 12th of May. Weekend reporting is always down, but that sounds like a huge fall in numbers.

The quite dreadful continuing numbers in care homes have been masking the falling numbers in the community for a while now. Unhelpfully, as it’s led to panic over lockdown measures being lifted, but it’s been done to hide the scandal in care homes.

There’s been so much emphasis on ‘the NHS’ throughout, the NHS coping, NHS capacity etc etc that it’s given rise to completely the wrong focus (probably as they thought politically the worst thing that could happen was the NHS falling over as fingers would have been pointed at years of chronic underinvestment and mismanagement).

They’re suffering with the downside of that now as they can’t explain to the public what’s going on.
Corona Virus on 16:13 - May 17 with 903 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 16:12 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

The quite dreadful continuing numbers in care homes have been masking the falling numbers in the community for a while now. Unhelpfully, as it’s led to panic over lockdown measures being lifted, but it’s been done to hide the scandal in care homes.

There’s been so much emphasis on ‘the NHS’ throughout, the NHS coping, NHS capacity etc etc that it’s given rise to completely the wrong focus (probably as they thought politically the worst thing that could happen was the NHS falling over as fingers would have been pointed at years of chronic underinvestment and mismanagement).

They’re suffering with the downside of that now as they can’t explain to the public what’s going on.

Apologies, I should have said that the 90 figure was in England hospitals.

Corona Virus on 16:18 - May 17 with 900 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 16:13 - May 17 by Neath_Jack

Apologies, I should have said that the 90 figure was in England hospitals.

I knew that as I saw it earlier. Very few in the last few days. Thank God.
Corona Virus on 16:27 - May 17 with 882 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 15:31 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

Yeah, but you just said we’d opened up too early? When Wales hasn’t?

I was referring to the UK
Corona Virus on 16:29 - May 17 with 879 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 14:11 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

That’s just economically illiterate bollox.

The majority of companies that stand to make money out of any treatment, vaccine, whatever are publicly quoted. The two biggest in the UK are AZ (the old ICI) and GSK. Both are public companies, They are not owned by ‘millionaires and billionaires’ in the sense that you mean - they are owned by all of us through pension funds, savings plans, local authority investments, government investments, etc etc etc.

You’re a Ford pensioner - they’ve billions of pounds invested in equities. You’re one of the ‘big investors’.

What a bullshit answer that my measly few thousand makes me or you or any individual front line worker a "big investor".
You are getting worse with your answers, to try and make out that the real big investors aren't the ones that make a killing when you were saying that was the reason the Tories were pushing Brexit.
Corona Virus on 16:31 - May 17 with 877 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 16:11 - May 17 by Neath_Jack

What i don't get is how come the uk are having so many deaths compared to other countries. There are some countries out there this past week, that are reporting huge new infection numbers, but the deaths are nowhere near what ours was. Now i get there are different reporting procedures, and some are fudging their numbers, but the differences are staggering. There's no way we are the only country in the world that are being truthful with the numbers, absolutely none.

When you look at Italy for example, where they were literally dying in corridors because their care system couldn't cope with the numbers. Yet our NHS has never been anywhere near being stretched, or full beds, yet we still had more deaths.

It makes you think what the NHS is doing differently to other health services.Even the Yanks seem to be doing better and their health service is crap. Are we treating patients any differently, are we admitting patients later?
Corona Virus on 16:45 - May 17 with 857 viewsScotia

I've heard today that there are now very few, if any, covid patients on a ventilator in Morriston hospital with just a handful of covid patients admitted in the last week.

Lock down has worked, its now down to Drakeford and his traffic lights.
Corona Virus on 16:53 - May 17 with 851 viewsexiledclaseboy

30m vaccines available in the U.K. by September if the trails are successful. Or so today’s cabinet no mark just said.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 16:53 - May 17 with 851 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 16:31 - May 17 by controversial_jack

It makes you think what the NHS is doing differently to other health services.Even the Yanks seem to be doing better and their health service is crap. Are we treating patients any differently, are we admitting patients later?

I think there are a few reasons, including the emphasis on the cough, temperature and breathing difficulties may be putting some people off contacting medical people until it’s too late, there are other symptoms which are being overlooked, the fiasco in care homes and from what I read earlier today potentially a lack of medical equipment and supplies including oxygen.

We have the second highest number of deaths in the world, if you look at the excess deaths as published by the ONS at the first of May we were up by almost 50,000 deaths when compared to the average for corresponding periods over the last 5 years.
Corona Virus on 16:54 - May 17 with 847 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 16:29 - May 17 by A_Fans_Dad

What a bullshit answer that my measly few thousand makes me or you or any individual front line worker a "big investor".
You are getting worse with your answers, to try and make out that the real big investors aren't the ones that make a killing when you were saying that was the reason the Tories were pushing Brexit.

It’s all of us added up together. Millions of us. The biggest investors of all are the funds that manage money on our behalf.

Of course the richest individuals will make most - it’s the way of the world. But one individual company making it rather than another individual company making it doesn’t change things (i.e, a vaccine made by AZ rather than a treatment made by Novartis, or GSK, or whoever).

The issue with brexit is the economy as a whole, the workforce as a whole, regulations as a whole, taxation as a whole. You seem to be peddling the nonsense that the country overall won’t benefit from a treatment or a vaccine. Which is gibberish.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024