Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437357 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 18:41 - May 18 with 1437 viewsJack_Kass

What were you doing on February 30th?

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Corona Virus on 18:54 - May 18 with 1417 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 18:25 - May 18 by londonlisa2001

I use advocate. No idea what’s in that.

Eggs, sugar and brandy. Crazy Dutch bastards.
Corona Virus on 18:57 - May 18 with 1407 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fan’sDad is a national treasure who should be kept for posterity and his database should be part of the critical national infrastructure.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 18:57 - May 18 with 1407 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:54 - May 18 by WarwickHunt

Lol. Takes me back.

One of my mates used to love a Snowball when we went to Cinders at 16. And then a Blue Moon. Or a Blue Lagoon. An endless succession of ridiculous drinks.

Happy days.

Corona Virus on 18:58 - May 18 with 1405 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:57 - May 18 by exiledclaseboy

Fan’sDad is a national treasure who should be kept for posterity and his database should be part of the critical national infrastructure.

He should do the daily briefing.

With Priti Patel.
Corona Virus on 19:16 - May 18 with 1377 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 18:57 - May 18 by exiledclaseboy

Database...

Goggle search more like 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 19:18 - May 18 with 1368 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 18:38 - May 18 by londonlisa2001

It’s also used as an anti malarial. Although you’re buggered if you go somewhere with malaria and loads of sun as many people can’t go in the sun if they take doxycycline.

Oh those poor Bangladeshes, they are now in big trouble, they obviously weren't aware of that.
They can sue the docors for saving their lives, but ruined their sunbathing.
No point in telling me about it though, as I didn't give them the drugs, the head doctor at their Bangladesh Medical College Hospital did.
Corona Virus on 19:22 - May 18 with 1360 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 18:30 - May 18 by londonlisa2001

“ I haven't seen any studies from Australia, perhaps you can give me the links”

It was the drug that was causing a lot of excitement in March at Monash university until stuff came out saying it didn’t work as expected unless unsafe doses were used.

The government aren’t saying there’s ‘no treatment and no cure’ they’re saying that things have to be trialled and investigated properly. There are three different strands of trial going on - they have been for a while now - they all have acronyms that I can’t recall. Each has several thousand people. They’ve been banging on about them for ages on the daily briefing thing. Plus they’ve plasma stuff going on at Oxford which again they’ve spoken about (as Hancock is one of those that’s been involved).

Blood plasma has already been used to bring back patients from death's doorin Pakistan, China 10 patients and China again just 5 patients.

ps speaking of Oxford, their Vaccine trial has hit a bit of a setback.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 19:25]
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 19:33 - May 18 with 1333 viewschad

Corona Virus on 18:54 - May 18 by WarwickHunt

Nectar of the gods

That, tulips, Karsten tents, windmills and clogs - crazy, but brilliant

Like drinking from a spittoon

Corona Virus on 19:34 - May 18 with 1331 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:22 - May 18 by A_Fans_Dad

Blood plasma has already been used to bring back patients from death's doorin Pakistan, China 10 patients and China again just 5 patients.

ps speaking of Oxford, their Vaccine trial has hit a bit of a setback.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 19:25]

Not really.

A scientist (Haseltine) criticised the results of the trial in Forbes and a few have jumped on it. Others have criticised the scientist for what they say is a poor report.

We will apparently know more in June. I’m sure any sane person hopes it works to at least a meaningful extent.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 19:36]
Corona Virus on 19:41 - May 18 with 1312 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 19:34 - May 18 by londonlisa2001

Not really.

A scientist (Haseltine) criticised the results of the trial in Forbes and a few have jumped on it. Others have criticised the scientist for what they say is a poor report.

We will apparently know more in June. I’m sure any sane person hopes it works to at least a meaningful extent.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 19:36]

Forbes?
I was talking about this
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8331709/Oxford-coronavirus-vacci
Corona Virus on 19:46 - May 18 with 1301 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 19:16 - May 18 by Swanjaxs

Database...

It is an Access Database, it is what I do on 2 forums, help people all over the world create Access databases using VBA and solve their problems, I have been doing so for 18 Years.
So I created one to collate the data, it is a quick reference guide.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 19:47]
Corona Virus on 19:50 - May 18 with 1295 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 19:46 - May 18 by A_Fans_Dad

It is an Access Database, it is what I do on 2 forums, help people all over the world create Access databases using VBA and solve their problems, I have been doing so for 18 Years.

Do the contributors to the other forum treasure you as much as we do?

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 19:50 - May 18 with 1295 viewsSwanjaxs

Cool 😎

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Corona Virus on 20:06 - May 18 with 1275 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 19:41 - May 18 by A_Fans_Dad

Forbes?
I was talking about this
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8331709/Oxford-coronavirus-vacci

Lifted straight from the Forbes report. I have previously discussed the shortcomings, but this was also a single dose. The Oxford group may be preparing a different version of the vaccine to do what is called an heterologous prime boost. Giving a variant of the vaccine as a boost seems to work better than the same version twice. Reasons not known
Corona Virus on 20:07 - May 18 with 1269 viewsHighjack

I’m racking my brains trying to think of the other poster with a completely different username who also had an access database.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 20:43 - May 18 with 1240 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 19:50 - May 18 by exiledclaseboy

Do the contributors to the other forum treasure you as much as we do?

They use my expertise, so it is entirely technical apart from the ones who I have got to know over the years.
They like getting something for nothing as my help is completely free.
So they do actually appreciate what I do, unlike you lot.
Corona Virus on 20:44 - May 18 with 1238 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 20:07 - May 18 by Highjack

I’m racking my brains trying to think of the other poster with a completely different username who also had an access database.

Somebody on here used Excel, there aren't many people who program in Access though.
Corona Virus on 21:04 - May 18 with 1214 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:41 - May 18 by A_Fans_Dad

Forbes?
I was talking about this

Yes, the scientist they refer to, Haseltine, wrote the article they refer to in Forbes which led to the social media comments they refer to,

The Mail are doing what they do, scouring the Internet for stories and then social media for reaction and turning it into a brand new story for their science loving readership.
Corona Virus on 21:06 - May 18 with 1207 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:07 - May 18 by Highjack

No way. You mean a fansdad is the shakester???
Corona Virus on 21:07 - May 18 with 1206 viewsGlastonbury

Corona Virus on 18:57 - May 18 by londonlisa2001

Lol. Takes me back.

One of my mates used to love a Snowball when we went to Cinders at 16. And then a Blue Moon. Or a Blue Lagoon. An endless succession of ridiculous drinks.

Happy days.

Yea I remember the blue moon in cindas. 85’ i was there. Great days.
Corona Virus on 21:36 - May 18 with 1168 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 21:07 - May 18 by Glastonbury

Yea I remember the blue moon in cindas. 85’ i was there. Great days.

We’re the same era.

We would have been there 83/84. We then decided we were too grown up and transferred to town.

Cinders started the blue moon because of my mate Julie. I promise you,

Corona Virus on 21:42 - May 18 with 1157 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 20:43 - May 18 by A_Fans_Dad

They use my expertise, so it is entirely technical apart from the ones who I have got to know over the years.
They like getting something for nothing as my help is completely free.
So they do actually appreciate what I do, unlike you lot.

Not correct!

Your expertise is always welcome on this site.

Besides, this thread would only be four pages long if it wasn't for your input 👍

Corona Virus on 22:15 - May 18 with 1116 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 19:16 - May 18 by Swanjaxs

Database...

A right wing forum more like.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 22:51 - May 18 with 1076 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 18:12 - May 18 by A_Fans_Dad

Prof, the other drug used in the Bangladesh trial was Doxycycline which was idenified as an inhibitor of Deng fever.

Doxycycline is an anti-bacterial or the tetracycline family. Their mode of action is to stop protein synthesis by cells. It works on malaria as it affects prokaryotic (bacterial)’cells but also eukaryotic cells including protozoans like plasmodium (malaria) and also host cells.
It is not anti-viral. However, it can reduce inflammation as if proteins are not made it will include lower production of cytokines-
The immune messengers. In Dengue and Covid it would reduce the likelihood of a cytokine storm. So it may be have some use in severe Covid pneumonia but is not going to cure or prevent infections.
And yes, bad reactions to sunlight too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024