Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 425018 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 11:45 - May 19 with 1498 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 23:59 - May 18 by WarwickHunt

“One of my mates used to love a Snowball”

*resists tap-in*

Not all of us have our minds in the gutter Phil...
Corona Virus on 11:46 - May 19 with 1496 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 23:19 - May 18 by A_Fans_Dad

President Trump is putting his health where his mouth is.
Taking is taking hydroxychloroquine.

No, he’s not.

He’s putting other people’s health where his mouth is.
Corona Virus on 11:58 - May 19 with 1470 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 11:44 - May 19 by londonlisa2001

Which of those conditions does the president have?

Lots of malaria in Washington is there?

The whole point about drugs is that they treat certain conditions and have certain side effects. It’s a risk reward calculation. If you take them when you don’t need to, you expose yourself to the risks without any possibility of reward.

That’s known as utterly stupid. In publicising that he’s doing it, he’s risking the lives of others. He’s insane.

It is known by the medical profession as a prophylactic for COVID-19 despite what the Mass Media is pedalling.
I don't care whether you believe it or not, many doctors do.
Corona Virus on 11:59 - May 19 with 1469 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 11:45 - May 19 by Scotia

Is President Trump using it as treatment for Malaria, Lupus or Arthritis? I'm pretty certain the "actual information" that came directly from the man himself indicated that he wasn't.

Therefore the facts are he is taking it for an unproven purpose, he is overweight, he is over 70 and it seems to be linked to heart complications. What aspect of anything I have said is "disinformation"? And it hasn't come from the mass media it's purely my observation.

See my response to Lisa.
Corona Virus on 12:00 - May 19 with 1468 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 11:44 - May 19 by Professor

Doxycycline will not cure a viral infection. It may stop the patient dying. Infection may then be cleared by the immune system.

If you don't think doctors lie, you are naive in the extreme. Often the biggest sharks out there in research.

Except there is no money to be made by sharks on those 2 drugs, unlike your precious vaccines.
if there was no money in vaccines big pharma would not be investing so much time and money in it.
Corona Virus on 12:12 - May 19 with 1451 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 11:58 - May 19 by A_Fans_Dad

It is known by the medical profession as a prophylactic for COVID-19 despite what the Mass Media is pedalling.

It's a little unfortunate then, that one of the doctors who doesn't seem to think it is much use is the one in the White House. From the BBC website:-

"When asked whether the White House physician had recommended he start taking the disputed remedy, Mr Trump said he himself had requested it"
Corona Virus on 12:24 - May 19 with 1443 viewsrockj

WAG adopted UK wide testing, which they should have done all along

Now this is in place mark my words they will loosen the restrictions soon

That’s what it’s all about. Notice Northern Ireland have loosened further than England now.

This virus is going to be with us for a long time. If people think we can hide away forever then frankly you need to get with the program

Spoke to someone I know who knows this subject inside out and wanted lockdown earlier. In reality he said it should have been done in January to have any effect.

I think a lot of people think a week here or there would make a difference. It simply wouldn’t, we are going to be living with this even a successful vaccine won’t work in every case and it could be years

WHO guy on sky this morning explained this.

It’s lethal in less than 1% of the population as bad as that is does that mean it makes sense to keep everyone locked up and cause untold collateral damage that can never be measured?

I simply ask people to think and not be the conformist sheep swallowing whatever media narrative you’re getting.

This is with us potentially for decades. Accept it
Corona Virus on 12:27 - May 19 with 1436 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 12:00 - May 19 by A_Fans_Dad

Except there is no money to be made by sharks on those 2 drugs, unlike your precious vaccines.
if there was no money in vaccines big pharma would not be investing so much time and money in it.

Giving them away are they?

That’s interesting as you have to pay for doxycycline as an anti malarial at the moment.

I imagine the NHS pays for it as well when it prescribes it as an antibiotic.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 12:28 - May 19 with 1430 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 11:58 - May 19 by A_Fans_Dad

I think Trump is an excellent source of health advice.

You only have to look at him don’t you. Positively glowing...
Corona Virus on 12:50 - May 19 with 1402 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 12:27 - May 19 by londonlisa2001

Giving them away are they?

That’s interesting as you have to pay for doxycycline as an anti malarial at the moment.

I imagine the NHS pays for it as well when it prescribes it as an antibiotic.

Same with malarone-though my employer pays for it when I go to malaria endemic areas.

Tetracyclines are not used that much as lack specificity of beta-lactams (penicillins and cephalosporins), aminoglycosides or quinolones which have more bacterial specific targets of cell wall and DNA gyrase (a key enzyme) which we lack. Drugs that inhibit protein or DNA synthesis tend to have more toxicity and side effects.

I suspect he means as they are no licensed (under patent) they are cheaper drugs. Problem is that most effective anti-virals are newer and licensed. It is right we screen older drugs but the focus should be on vaccines. Well that's what I reckon and so do about 95% of scientists and medics. Like MMR all over again. A few cranks fxxk it up.
Corona Virus on 12:58 - May 19 with 1396 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 12:24 - May 19 by rockj

That’s what it’s all about. Notice Northern Ireland have loosened further than England now.

This virus is going to be with us for a long time. If people think we can hide away forever then frankly you need to get with the program

Spoke to someone I know who knows this subject inside out and wanted lockdown earlier. In reality he said it should have been done in January to have any effect.

I think a lot of people think a week here or there would make a difference. It simply wouldn’t, we are going to be living with this even a successful vaccine won’t work in every case and it could be years

It’s lethal in less than 1% of the population as bad as that is does that mean it makes sense to keep everyone locked up and cause untold collateral damage that can never be measured?

I simply ask people to think and not be the conformist sheep swallowing whatever media narrative you’re getting.

I don't think anyone is suggesting we can hide from this virus. The lock down was neccessary to reduce cases to a level where we can test and trace, we seem to be getting to that kind of level now. Hopefully over the next four weeks that is the point we will get to and we can start to relax restrictions bit by bit and not see a second spike.

Don't get misled by the fatatlity rate of what could be less than 1%, as awful as that is. The issue is how contagious the virus is and the number of people who get sick enough to need hospital treatment.
Corona Virus on 15:27 - May 19 with 1329 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 12:50 - May 19 by Professor

Same with malarone-though my employer pays for it when I go to malaria endemic areas.

Tetracyclines are not used that much as lack specificity of beta-lactams (penicillins and cephalosporins), aminoglycosides or quinolones which have more bacterial specific targets of cell wall and DNA gyrase (a key enzyme) which we lack. Drugs that inhibit protein or DNA synthesis tend to have more toxicity and side effects.

I suspect he means as they are no licensed (under patent) they are cheaper drugs. Problem is that most effective anti-virals are newer and licensed. It is right we screen older drugs but the focus should be on vaccines. Well that's what I reckon and so do about 95% of scientists and medics. Like MMR all over again. A few cranks fxxk it up.

I always take Malarone (although a family member also using it still contracted malaria).

Once took Larium - never, ever again. Shocking drug and should be banned.

Haven’t tried doxy as so many I know have suffered badly in the sun with it.
Corona Virus on 15:35 - May 19 with 1320 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 15:27 - May 19 by londonlisa2001

I always take Malarone (although a family member also using it still contracted malaria).

Once took Larium - never, ever again. Shocking drug and should be banned.

Haven’t tried doxy as so many I know have suffered badly in the sun with it.

Anti-malarials are far from perfect. Malaria is really the holy grail of vaccination, but as a rule of thumb, the bigger the bug, the harder to vaccinate. Complex multi-stage life cycles across two hosts, huge antigenic variation. Coronavirus is a cinch in comparison.
Corona Virus on 15:39 - May 19 with 1315 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 12:58 - May 19 by Scotia

I don't think anyone is suggesting we can hide from this virus. The lock down was neccessary to reduce cases to a level where we can test and trace, we seem to be getting to that kind of level now. Hopefully over the next four weeks that is the point we will get to and we can start to relax restrictions bit by bit and not see a second spike.

Don't get misled by the fatatlity rate of what could be less than 1%, as awful as that is. The issue is how contagious the virus is and the number of people who get sick enough to need hospital treatment.

Yes the lockdown was to squash the sombrero (you arsehole Johnson) and give time to put proper processes in place (hasn’t been done, of course). The discussion on the timing of release is to try and stop that being wasted by simply creating another sombrero immediately. Nobody is suggesting ‘hiding away‘ forever. To suggest that we should just go hung ho now though, which seems to be the flavour of some of this, is monumentally stupid.

We are weeks behind Spain and Italy. This time we need to watch carefully and learn. I will be ‘hiding’ for a little while yet. To think that anyone would trust what Johnson and his band of cowboys ‘advises’ is, frankly, in my mind, verging on insanity.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 15:50 - May 19 with 1304 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 15:39 - May 19 by monmouth

Yes the lockdown was to squash the sombrero (you arsehole Johnson) and give time to put proper processes in place (hasn’t been done, of course). The discussion on the timing of release is to try and stop that being wasted by simply creating another sombrero immediately. Nobody is suggesting ‘hiding away‘ forever. To suggest that we should just go hung ho now though, which seems to be the flavour of some of this, is monumentally stupid.

We are weeks behind Spain and Italy. This time we need to watch carefully and learn. I will be ‘hiding’ for a little while yet. To think that anyone would trust what Johnson and his band of cowboys ‘advises’ is, frankly, in my mind, verging on insanity.

"To think that anyone would trust what Johnson and his band of cowboys ‘advises’ is, frankly, in my mind, verging on insanity. "

Never a truer word said.
Corona Virus on 15:57 - May 19 with 1295 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 15:50 - May 19 by A_Fans_Dad

"To think that anyone would trust what Johnson and his band of cowboys ‘advises’ is, frankly, in my mind, verging on insanity. "

Never a truer word said.

We can agree on that
Corona Virus on 17:13 - May 19 with 1253 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 15:50 - May 19 by A_Fans_Dad

Never a truer word said.

Do you trust what your fav Trump says on this?
Corona Virus on 17:26 - May 19 with 1238 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 17:13 - May 19 by londonlisa2001

Do you trust what your fav Trump says on this?

Not much while he is being advised by his "experts".
Especially Fauci.
But still more than the totally inept bunch running Britain.
Corona Virus on 17:30 - May 19 with 1228 viewsLeonWasGod

Corona Virus on 12:12 - May 19 by Scotia

It's a little unfortunate then, that one of the doctors who doesn't seem to think it is much use is the one in the White House. From the BBC website:-

"When asked whether the White House physician had recommended he start taking the disputed remedy, Mr Trump said he himself had requested it"

Brilliant idea. I think he should be encouraged to take more. Ten times the normal dose = ten times the benefit, right? I'm sure the side effects are just fake news.
Corona Virus on 17:34 - May 19 with 1223 viewsSwanjaxs

Donald is gona love this bit of advice 👍

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-nancy-pelosi-says-trump-should-not-take-m

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 17:35 - May 19 with 1220 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 17:26 - May 19 by A_Fans_Dad

Not much while he is being advised by his "experts".
Especially Fauci.
But still more than the totally inept bunch running Britain.

Fauci is one of the most respected infectious disease experts in the world. Trump is perusing policy and saying things which are killing people. Thats said I think he is just an idiot whereas Johnson and Cummings are far more Machivellian
Corona Virus on 17:48 - May 19 with 1205 viewsFergal

Angela McLean today
Corona Virus on 17:52 - May 19 with 1202 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:35 - May 19 by Professor

Fauci is one of the most respected infectious disease experts in the world. Trump is perusing policy and saying things which are killing people. Thats said I think he is just an idiot whereas Johnson and Cummings are far more Machivellian

You’re ascribing more intelligence to Johnson and probably more to Cummings than they deserve.

They are also just incompetent idiots. And Johnson is completely lazy with it.

Trump is slightly less idiotic than he appears as much of what he says is designed to profit himself or a member of his family or close circle. With Trump, always follow the money.
Corona Virus on 18:23 - May 19 with 1177 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 12:24 - May 19 by rockj

Spoke to someone I know who knows this subject inside out

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 19:06 - May 19 with 1135 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 18:23 - May 19 by Neath_Jack

Spoke to someone I know who knows this subject inside out

You’ll have to forgive Rock. He’s regressed to his traditional “gammon” mode.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024