Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 424867 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 15:34 - Mar 14 with 1509 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 15:23 - Mar 14 by legoman

But what will happen on Day 15 Polski? The virus will be right there waiting for you (with apologies to Richard Marx) and you won't have any immunity.

Most of the cases will have been identified by then, although it would be better if it was 21 days of isolation.
Any hotspot will have new maintained isolation, that is how the slow down takes place.
Do you think that the alternative is better, to jusy let it run rampant?
Corona Virus on 15:35 - Mar 14 with 1502 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 15:25 - Mar 14 by A_Fans_Dad

They gave us data, models do not provide data, they provide whatever they are programmed to provide and it is not data.
The second wave of the Spanish Flu has nothing to with now, we have only just started the first wave of this virus, which is going to be quite bad enough.

Again, as I have said, if it was up to me I’d lock everyone inside for 6 months.

That’s not practical though.

Please don’t mistake my personal opinion from saying what the government are trying to do,

If you want my genuine personal opinion, I believe that we won’t get a vaccine quickly enough but we will find a drug that works more quickly than we think given every scientist in the world is looking. So if we can quarantine as many as possible for a couple of months we MAY have found a drug that works. That’s what I would do. And what I will do as far as possible. Limit my exposure as far as I can hoping they find a drug.
Corona Virus on 15:35 - Mar 14 with 1500 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 15:34 - Mar 14 by A_Fans_Dad

Most of the cases will have been identified by then, although it would be better if it was 21 days of isolation.
Any hotspot will have new maintained isolation, that is how the slow down takes place.
Do you think that the alternative is better, to jusy let it run rampant?

How do you imagine forcing thousands or millions of people to stay indoors for an unspecified but extended period of time might end?

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 15:36 - Mar 14 with 1495 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 15:31 - Mar 14 by longlostjack

There are probably a large number of people who have been infected already. It seems sensible to me to try to reduce the peak or flatten the curve so that the health services are better able to cope.

Me too.
Corona Virus on 15:37 - Mar 14 with 1487 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 15:35 - Mar 14 by exiledclaseboy

How do you imagine forcing thousands or millions of people to stay indoors for an unspecified but extended period of time might end?

That’s the million dollar question everyone is ignoring.
Corona Virus on 15:38 - Mar 14 with 1478 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 15:37 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

That’s the million dollar question everyone is ignoring.

Which is why the government is also taking into account the advice of behavioural psychologists in its decision making as well as the medical experts. Someone should tweet Johnson this thread though. PS clearly knows better.

Corona Virus on 15:40 - Mar 14 with 1472 viewslegoman

Corona Virus on 15:33 - Mar 14 by Polskijack

This won't be for 15 days. It's political. This will continue for much longer but to state this now would cause even more panic. An example is the schools closing for 2 weeks but I doubt I will be back until after the Summer holidays. My wife is asthmatic and Diabetic so I have made the decision to not go back until the crises has lessened. At least if we then get it then there might be some respirators etc available!

Sounds sensible my friend. Good luck to you both

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Corona Virus on 15:40 - Mar 14 with 1465 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 15:24 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

How long are you going to do all that?

12 months until a vaccine is available?

Because the steps Poland is taking seem really sensible to me. Apart from the how long question.

At which point it becomes more difficult to know.

Again, I have no idea which is right and wrong.

You keep saying 12 months before a vaccine is available, do you have advanced knowledge then?
What is available are antivirals that control the illness, it gives countries and the rest of the world the chance to produce more of them and test different combinations.
HIV anti virals have already proved quite successful in controlling symptoms of COV.
It also gives them more time to create more IC units, more hazmat suits and more ventilators.
Overload of the health system is the big problem, because we don't just have COV, we have the Flu and all the other deadly health issues as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 15:42 - Mar 14 with 1450 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 15:35 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

Again, as I have said, if it was up to me I’d lock everyone inside for 6 months.

Please don’t mistake my personal opinion from saying what the government are trying to do,

If you want my genuine personal opinion, I believe that we won’t get a vaccine quickly enough but we will find a drug that works more quickly than we think given every scientist in the world is looking. So if we can quarantine as many as possible for a couple of months we MAY have found a drug that works. That’s what I would do. And what I will do as far as possible. Limit my exposure as far as I can hoping they find a drug.

I'm with you, here's the news on the Dutch antibody work I posted earlier. The whole world is working to defeat this virus, if it was me part of the strategy would be to buy time right now.

https://nltimes.nl/2020/03/14/dutch-researchers-first-find-covid-19-antibodies-r

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 15:43 - Mar 14 with 1446 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 15:35 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

So you are trolling then ???

You fight the case for the Government's actions, even sighting someone explaining the tactics of allowing people to get infected but you advocate lockdown which other countries are doing.
You call me a troll for giving both sides of the argument, you extol the virtues of the Government's policy and then say you would do the opposite, you madam are the troll and nobody else.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 15:43]
Corona Virus on 15:43 - Mar 14 with 1436 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 15:40 - Mar 14 by A_Fans_Dad

You keep saying 12 months before a vaccine is available, do you have advanced knowledge then?
What is available are antivirals that control the illness, it gives countries and the rest of the world the chance to produce more of them and test different combinations.
HIV anti virals have already proved quite successful in controlling symptoms of COV.
It also gives them more time to create more IC units, more hazmat suits and more ventilators.
Overload of the health system is the big problem, because we don't just have COV, we have the Flu and all the other deadly health issues as well.

You should have read my other post really as it would have stopped you repeating what I said thinking you were arguing against me.
Corona Virus on 15:44 - Mar 14 with 1430 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 15:38 - Mar 14 by exiledclaseboy

Which is why the government is also taking into account the advice of behavioural psychologists in its decision making as well as the medical experts. Someone should tweet Johnson this thread though. PS clearly knows better.

Fairly sure I read something four or five days ago about the psychological aspect of it. Locking everything down will result in a nation going stir crazy inside a fortnight.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 15:49 - Mar 14 with 1413 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 15:44 - Mar 14 by Dr_Winston

Fairly sure I read something four or five days ago about the psychological aspect of it. Locking everything down will result in a nation going stir crazy inside a fortnight.

It would kick right off. The government would fall.
Corona Virus on 15:49 - Mar 14 with 1412 viewsexiledclaseboy

It would end in disaster, especially as the days get longer and warmer.

Corona Virus on 15:50 - Mar 14 with 1408 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 15:43 - Mar 14 by ladyjack

So you are trolling then ???

You fight the case for the Government's actions, even sighting someone explaining the tactics of allowing people to get infected but you advocate lockdown which other countries are doing.
You call me a troll for giving both sides of the argument, you extol the virtues of the Government's policy and then say you would do the opposite, you madam are the troll and nobody else.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 15:43]

Careful Trampie, you’re using different language again because you’ve forgotten your persona.

I’ve been clear throughout the thread that I have no idea whether the government is right or wrong, I’ve simply said that they are NOT trying to get everyone infected quickly or letting it run wild through the population.

I’ve also said for two days I’d lock everyone inside if it was up to me. But it’s not and what they are trying to do makes sense even though I don’t know whether it’s right or not.

Do keep up,

And it’s ‘citing’ not ‘sighting’ same as it’s sync not sink. But you know that...
Corona Virus on 15:52 - Mar 14 with 1396 viewslondonlisa2001

It’s less that people will go stir crazy and more that they will just not stick to it.

What happened in Wuhan will not work here as we won’t see governments welding people inside their homes whether they have food and medicine or not.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 15:53]
Corona Virus on 15:53 - Mar 14 with 1392 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 15:35 - Mar 14 by exiledclaseboy

I don't envisage forcing anyone to do anything, it is what is being done.
When the period finishes and the public has to be released it will mean that the infections will start again.
But it has bought time to spread the peak so that the health system is less overloaded and more of everything could be available.
Because it will still be overloaded even with those actions.
Ever wondered why Singapore only has 212 cases even though their first case was around the same time as ours and Italy's?
Corona Virus on 15:55 - Mar 14 with 1384 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 15:53 - Mar 14 by A_Fans_Dad

When the period finishes and the public has to be released it will mean that the infections will start again.
But it has bought time to spread the peak so that the health system is less overloaded and more of everything could be available.
Ever wondered why Singapore only has 212 cases even though their first case was around the same time as ours and Italy's?

Spreading the peak is exactly what they're trying to do.

SIngapore is quite authoritarian.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 16:02 - Mar 14 with 1355 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 15:53 - Mar 14 by A_Fans_Dad

But Singapore have been the country that has most closely carried out the UK approach?

Anyone with mild illness asked to self quarantine. Shops etc have stayed open. Schools and workplaces have stayed open. It’s more similar to the UK suggestion than it is to Italy for example.

What they have shown, as has Korea, is the importance of massive testing. The biggest thing we need to do is start testing more people more quickly.
Corona Virus on 16:04 - Mar 14 with 1349 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 15:55 - Mar 14 by Dr_Winston

Spreading the peak is exactly what they're trying to do.

SIngapore is quite authoritarian.

Please explain how allowing everybody to do whatever they want until they have symptoms controls anything, when they are infectious before the symptoms appear?
Let me repeat what I wrote on page 21
Schools staying open - excuse "if you close the schools the kids will have to be looked after by the vurnerable". The reality assume that 15% currently have the virus, in another 2 weeks that will nearer 30%-40%, so more infected kids will need looking after. As well as that for those 2 weeks those kids will show very few symptoms and will NOT self isolate, infecting every adult that come is close contact with them.
Not Stopping major events like Football matches and Festivals etc - excuse "open air is safer than enclosed spaces". The reality, how do most fans get to big matches or major events, not by car, it is by Coach & Train ie in enclosed spaces.
What about when at a match, the fans go through turnstyles a lovely way to "surface transfer" the virus as are doors, taps in toilets, handrails on stairs and eating places.
Corona Virus on 16:05 - Mar 14 with 1346 viewsWxmJax

Corona Virus on 15:32 - Mar 14 by Thebus

I think you are letting your own fears cloud your judgement.

Paul, you realise where Prof's expertise lies ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Corona Virus on 16:07 - Mar 14 with 1343 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 15:50 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

Careful Trampie, you’re using different language again because you’ve forgotten your persona.

I’ve been clear throughout the thread that I have no idea whether the government is right or wrong, I’ve simply said that they are NOT trying to get everyone infected quickly or letting it run wild through the population.

I’ve also said for two days I’d lock everyone inside if it was up to me. But it’s not and what they are trying to do makes sense even though I don’t know whether it’s right or not.

Do keep up,

And it’s ‘citing’ not ‘sighting’ same as it’s sync not sink. But you know that...

No no the point is you are calling me a troll when it's you that is the one that is trolling, you clearly don't like my politics or my view on subjects so you get abusive and try and belittle often not addressing the point at hand.

I have got to say it's poor that you resort to such nasty tactics, the more your position is shown up the more abusive you get, can't you just stick to the topic and if you realise you are wrong then just accept it.
Corona Virus on 16:10 - Mar 14 with 1328 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 16:07 - Mar 14 by ladyjack

No no the point is you are calling me a troll when it's you that is the one that is trolling, you clearly don't like my politics or my view on subjects so you get abusive and try and belittle often not addressing the point at hand.

I have got to say it's poor that you resort to such nasty tactics, the more your position is shown up the more abusive you get, can't you just stick to the topic and if you realise you are wrong then just accept it.

No she can't.
Corona Virus on 16:12 - Mar 14 with 1313 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 16:10 - Mar 14 by A_Fans_Dad

No she can't.

Yes you are correct.
Corona Virus on 16:12 - Mar 14 with 1313 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 16:02 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

But Singapore have been the country that has most closely carried out the UK approach?

Anyone with mild illness asked to self quarantine. Shops etc have stayed open. Schools and workplaces have stayed open. It’s more similar to the UK suggestion than it is to Italy for example.

What they have shown, as has Korea, is the importance of massive testing. The biggest thing we need to do is start testing more people more quickly.

Yes, especially testing and isolating people entering the country from hotspot.
The very thing this Government did NOT do.
It is the basic requirement of Quarantine which has worked for infectous deseases since the start of the 20th century.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024