Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437424 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 07:41 - Mar 16 with 1701 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 07:31 - Mar 16 by ladyjack

Everything Costello says I have brought up on these pages because I've read about them, why are we not following China's lead on tackling the crisis ?, so far they seem to have done well, we are weeks behind them on the curve so we know what's likely to be coming as regards number of infected people yet we seem to be doing nothing.
Let's hope our lot know what they are doing but so far I have little faith in our ability to tackle the crisis due to our leadership and lack of resources.

Can you trust any information coming out of China though? In terms of disinformation and self protection they are truly world leaders.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 07:49 - Mar 16 with 1679 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 07:41 - Mar 16 by Highjack

Can you trust any information coming out of China though? In terms of disinformation and self protection they are truly world leaders.

Can you trust news coming from anyway ?, can you trust news coming out of the UK ?, I remember the WMD and the Iraq war.
Corona Virus on 08:53 - Mar 16 with 1622 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Australia appear to have a cure.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8115879/COVID-19-Australian-researchers

Like I said HIV and Malaria drugs.
Corona Virus on 09:17 - Mar 16 with 1583 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 07:49 - Mar 16 by ladyjack

Can you trust news coming from anyway ?, can you trust news coming out of the UK ?, I remember the WMD and the Iraq war.

Exactly my point.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Corona Virus on 09:23 - Mar 16 with 1576 viewschad

Corona Virus on 17:15 - Mar 15 by ploppy

I'll take that as a sarcastic response. My comment was actually meant to be taken more seriously than that. You don't know the difference between "mute" and "moot", which is pretty basic, and yet you're on here commenting on a complicated medical/scientific issue.

Assessing people's intelligence, creative thinking, analytical abilities on their grammatical / composition abilities may be limited thunking.

For example from a Yale university medical school study:
"High-performing dyslexics are very intelligent, often out-of-the box thinkers and problem-solvers,"

One reason why diversity is so important.

Diversity is also important (as well as being a great dance group) because maintaining genetic differences and creating new ones may be the thing that saves the human race from devastating pandemic (well that and social distancing ;) ).

Should I have put a winky ;) under thunking?
Corona Virus on 09:46 - Mar 16 with 1535 viewsladyjack

Stock market crashing again I see.
Corona Virus on 10:12 - Mar 16 with 1496 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 09:23 - Mar 16 by chad

Assessing people's intelligence, creative thinking, analytical abilities on their grammatical / composition abilities may be limited thunking.

For example from a Yale university medical school study:
"High-performing dyslexics are very intelligent, often out-of-the box thinkers and problem-solvers,"

One reason why diversity is so important.

Diversity is also important (as well as being a great dance group) because maintaining genetic differences and creating new ones may be the thing that saves the human race from devastating pandemic (well that and social distancing ;) ).

Should I have put a winky ;) under thunking?

My sarcastic response to AFD aside, I thought people knew that being poor at grammar and spelling is no indicator of anyone's level of intelligence. Even Einstein was poor at spelling.

Lets all hope the Aussies have found the cure eh, then people can stop panicking and put pressure on the government to start using these drugs for covid19.

Of course, if ladyjack is right and Bojo is engaging in eugenics then who knows?

PS, AFD, I am sorry for my sarcastic response. I believe you are of a certain age and in a higher risk group so being more worried than younger (and possibly healthier) people is understandable.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 10:16 - Mar 16 with 1487 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 10:12 - Mar 16 by Catullus

My sarcastic response to AFD aside, I thought people knew that being poor at grammar and spelling is no indicator of anyone's level of intelligence. Even Einstein was poor at spelling.

Lets all hope the Aussies have found the cure eh, then people can stop panicking and put pressure on the government to start using these drugs for covid19.

Of course, if ladyjack is right and Bojo is engaging in eugenics then who knows?

PS, AFD, I am sorry for my sarcastic response. I believe you are of a certain age and in a higher risk group so being more worried than younger (and possibly healthier) people is understandable.

Yeah he was terrible. The daft bugger thought “speed of light” began with C.

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 10:23 - Mar 16 with 1471 viewsladyjack

I am not saying that Boris is engaging in eugenics just his policies have overtones of it.
Corona Virus on 10:25 - Mar 16 with 1467 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 10:16 - Mar 16 by Highjack

Yeah he was terrible. The daft bugger thought “speed of light” began with C.

I'm finding it hard to square that.

Maybe it's because he originally said 't' speed of light, it's chuffing fast lad' not may realise Einstein is from Yorkshire.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Corona Virus on 10:35 - Mar 16 with 1447 viewsA_Fans_Dad

You are corect about my age 70+, as is my wife.
I do not post out of worry, I post due to research, not just mine but other forums that I use.
HIV & Malaria drugs came up on those forums and also that they were being used by the Chinese and Koreans as well as Australians.
They also highlighted that NSAIDs are being used by Iran and Italy to control temperatures, as the French guy pointed out, not a good idea with COV.
Some are very interesting, looking at all sorts of Sciency subjects and of course Climate Change.

One aspect of COV that came up is that as we age we are more prone to actually catch it and it may be due to a lack of Vitamin D.
Corona Virus on 10:44 - Mar 16 with 1423 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 10:35 - Mar 16 by A_Fans_Dad

You are corect about my age 70+, as is my wife.
I do not post out of worry, I post due to research, not just mine but other forums that I use.
HIV & Malaria drugs came up on those forums and also that they were being used by the Chinese and Koreans as well as Australians.
They also highlighted that NSAIDs are being used by Iran and Italy to control temperatures, as the French guy pointed out, not a good idea with COV.
Some are very interesting, looking at all sorts of Sciency subjects and of course Climate Change.

One aspect of COV that came up is that as we age we are more prone to actually catch it and it may be due to a lack of Vitamin D.

OK but still I am sorry for the sarcasm.

PS, ladyjack, if you don't think that then why post 'it's like something out of a nazi manifesto' which sounds very much like you are accusing Bojo of being a latter day Mengele.

Corona Virus on 10:51 - Mar 16 with 1410 viewsHighjack

Did the nazis really need a manifesto considering a huge number of their votes came from people who were literally frogmarched into the polling booth by thugs who threatened them and their entire families?

Corona Virus on 10:54 - Mar 16 with 1405 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 10:51 - Mar 16 by Highjack

Did the nazis really need a manifesto considering a huge number of their votes came from people who were literally frogmarched into the polling booth by thugs who threatened them and their entire families?

Maybe this tangent needs a new thread?

Corona Virus on 10:56 - Mar 16 with 1399 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 10:44 - Mar 16 by Catullus

OK but still I am sorry for the sarcasm.

PS, ladyjack, if you don't think that then why post 'it's like something out of a nazi manifesto' which sounds very much like you are accusing Bojo of being a latter day Mengele.

Because it looks like something the Nazis would do in a similar situation, loads and loads of people have picked up on it.
Corona Virus on 11:26 - Mar 16 with 1355 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If the Chinese, Koreans, Singaporeans and Australians are having a lot of success treating COV, ie emperical evidence, why isn't it banner headlines and all over the BBC?
Why isn't the Government talking about it and saying that they are following it up and plan to introduce it as soon as and are gearing up for it?

Why is it only the doom & gloom that both government and media are talking about?

Isn't it time we had a few real facts rather than just the scare stories?
Corona Virus on 11:39 - Mar 16 with 1343 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Something else I came across regarding a lack of IC beds, you can actually buy all ready set up Container based hospital rooms, including IC and surgical ones.

http://www.world-camps.com/expandablecontainers.php

When the idea of using Containers to build homes cropped up someone put some thought in to what else they could be used for.
They should be going in to mass production any time now.
Corona Virus on 12:14 - Mar 16 with 1290 viewsMrSwerve

Here's a nice and interesting vid...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Corona Virus on 12:17 - Mar 16 with 1287 viewsBryanSwan

Dread to think what the real number of cases currently is. What with nobody being tested barring those already in hospital, could mean it is much further along.
The current number of cases then being artificially low enabling further spread as no action is being taken.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Corona Virus on 12:22 - Mar 16 with 1271 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 12:17 - Mar 16 by BryanSwan

Dread to think what the real number of cases currently is. What with nobody being tested barring those already in hospital, could mean it is much further along.
The current number of cases then being artificially low enabling further spread as no action is being taken.

It could have been around for months. I came down with a bug just before Christmas which had all the symptoms of this Coronavirus. Fever, shakes, dry persistent cough. It was different to a lot of bugs you get this time of year, no mucus or snot etc.

Corona Virus on 12:35 - Mar 16 with 1259 viewsJoe_bradshaw

First Chinese case was mid November and hidden by the authorities. Then the doctor who broke the news was dragged kicking to sign a document that he was mistaken. Journalists who have written about it criticising the Chinese authorities have disappeared without trace.

They're doing a great job though...

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 12:46 - Mar 16 with 1243 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 12:14 - Mar 16 by MrSwerve

Here's a nice and interesting vid...

Interesting and in line with what others have reported.
One thing immediately comes to mind with the herd immunity (HI) is that if what other countries are doing works, a country that is going for HI over many months would immediately be banned from travelling to every country in the world which have COV under control.
Whereas those that have it under control will resume travel etc.
So the Government HI plan would have meant the UK population being banned from travel all the time HI was being achieved and even after it had been achieved, because it would still be spreading, just more slowly.
Corona Virus on 12:50 - Mar 16 with 1233 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 12:35 - Mar 16 by Joe_bradshaw

First Chinese case was mid November and hidden by the authorities. Then the doctor who broke the news was dragged kicking to sign a document that he was mistaken. Journalists who have written about it criticising the Chinese authorities have disappeared without trace.

They're doing a great job though...

Their reaction and inaction basically led to the speed of transmission across the rest of the world.
Before the lockdown of Huwan 4 million of their population of 30 million left the area.
Including leaving the country all together. Leaving it run until the Chinese New Year with all the travel that it involved also did the rest of the world no favours at all.
However the rest of the world's governents were way too slow to react to the really bad news coming out of Wuhan.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 14:48]
Corona Virus on 13:01 - Mar 16 with 1212 viewsdcd14

Corona Virus on 12:22 - Mar 16 by Highjack

It could have been around for months. I came down with a bug just before Christmas which had all the symptoms of this Coronavirus. Fever, shakes, dry persistent cough. It was different to a lot of bugs you get this time of year, no mucus or snot etc.

Same here! I am convinced I've already had it in December.
Corona Virus on 13:59 - Mar 16 with 1151 viewsJack123

What I don't understand, all this talk of getting 60% of the population infected, and then they stop testing people,.. It doesn't add up.

libera nos a malo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024