Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 424907 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 13:14 - Mar 21 with 1393 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 12:55 - Mar 21 by majorraglan

Due to the testing regime, the 34 confirmed cases is likely to be the tip of the iceberg. Given our transport links and population density, I can’t see any relaxation of the requirement or zoning taking place.

I have just spoken to a woman who I work with who lived in what is now one of the worst affected areas of Italy until about 2 years ago. She still has a lot of friends there and spoke to 1 earlier this week. By all accounts it’s grim out there, there are lots of desperately ill people and there is no room at the hospitals, she was told that people are being advised to stay at home because even if they came to the hospital they would only be told to lay on the floor. In the the town and villages which are in close proximity to where she lived the number of deaths is well in to triple figures. She was also told a lot of the people had disregarded the curfew and continued to congregate in bars, town centres etc, but now it’s totally changed. Social distancing and isolation are being observed.

Let’s hope the situation doesn’t end up like that here.

Edit typo
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 15:54]

A sobering post that everyone should reflect on.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 13:17 - Mar 21 with 1389 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 12:55 - Mar 21 by majorraglan

Due to the testing regime, the 34 confirmed cases is likely to be the tip of the iceberg. Given our transport links and population density, I can’t see any relaxation of the requirement or zoning taking place.

I have just spoken to a woman who I work with who lived in what is now one of the worst affected areas of Italy until about 2 years ago. She still has a lot of friends there and spoke to 1 earlier this week. By all accounts it’s grim out there, there are lots of desperately ill people and there is no room at the hospitals, she was told that people are being advised to stay at home because even if they came to the hospital they would only be told to lay on the floor. In the the town and villages which are in close proximity to where she lived the number of deaths is well in to triple figures. She was also told a lot of the people had disregarded the curfew and continued to congregate in bars, town centres etc, but now it’s totally changed. Social distancing and isolation are being observed.

Let’s hope the situation doesn’t end up like that here.

Edit typo
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 15:54]

Forgive me for being dull but what is the eating regime?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 13:37 - Mar 21 with 1352 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 13:14 - Mar 21 by JACKMANANDBOY

A sobering post that everyone should reflect on.

As so many one here have been saying, follow the rules but carry on as nomally sa possible otherwise.
When people flood into pubs and bars because they are closing, when teens are still congregating in parks and adults think they know better things are bound to get worse.

Practise social distancing, wash your hands often and for at least 20 seconds, isolate if symptomatic.

Carrying on regardless is the most stupid thing anyone can do. When your elderly or sick relatives are dying of this virus you'll have no one else to blame but yourselves.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 13:42 - Mar 21 with 1343 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 12:48 - Mar 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Sorry for the confusion, it comes from a previous post.
It is according to wiki that Indonesia mandated face masks & hand sanitisers on the 12 of March
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Indonesia

AFD, maybe you shouldn't trust everything you see on Wiki?

Official sources should be our point of reference.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 13:44 - Mar 21 with 1342 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 13:42 - Mar 21 by Catullus

AFD, maybe you shouldn't trust everything you see on Wiki?

Official sources should be our point of reference.

Now you tell us!!

Corona Virus on 13:54 - Mar 21 with 1325 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 12:37 - Mar 21 by JACKMANANDBOY

Thanks for the correction, surprising because we are overwhelmed with experts in pandemic management on here.

Surprised AFD hasn’t blamed the ref yet.
Corona Virus on 14:00 - Mar 21 with 1317 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 13:54 - Mar 21 by WarwickHunt

Refs, socially isolated for years.

Corona Virus on 14:06 - Mar 21 with 1311 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I wonder if the supermarket panic buyers have excellent hand hygiene practices to prevent the transfer of cov19 from trolley handles etc.

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 14:09 - Mar 21 with 1303 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 14:06 - Mar 21 by JACKMANANDBOY

I wonder if the supermarket panic buyers have excellent hand hygiene practices to prevent the transfer of cov19 from trolley handles etc.

I doubt that most of them are skilled enough to wipe the dribble off their face.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Corona Virus on 14:29 - Mar 21 with 1268 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 13:17 - Mar 21 by Highjack

Testing regime autocorrect, I suspect. The eating regime, based on what's missing from the shops, is now soup, beans, corned beef.
Corona Virus on 15:10 - Mar 21 with 1225 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 20:26 - Mar 20 by Neath_Jack

And that is why nobody with any sense takes you seriously.

Good evening to you sir.

The vast majority of face masks are DISPOSABLE.
It means you use it and throw it away.
Corona Virus on 15:13 - Mar 21 with 1219 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 13:54 - Mar 21 by WarwickHunt

Funny that you should say that.
Because that is exactly who is to blame, not football refs of course, but those who are supposed to protect the public.
Like the WHO for instance and of course China's government.
Corona Virus on 15:15 - Mar 21 with 1216 viewsProfessor

Update from the Northwest

1. Massive expansion of testing IS happening. 55 qPCR machines requisitioned from us (University of Liverpool) yesterday. I hear similar from colleagues around the country. This may be greater numbers than promised. Serology testing is hopefully close.

2. PPE has huge local shortages. Most of the Vet School and Vet Hospitals supply has done to Alder Hey. Hopefully a better supply chain is now in place. We have also given our ventilators (used for dogs in operations) to be repurposed.

3. Latest research suggests 1 in 3 infected are asymptomatic but shed and transmit to others- mass testing is needed.

Finally please all take care, stay healthy. I thought this was going to be limited like SARS or MERS-said so on this forum and Lohengrin said that may look foolish in retrospect. Well guess what. Mea Culpa. I was wrong. All I have said about how serious this is have sadly been right.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 15:19]
Corona Virus on 15:15 - Mar 21 with 1215 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 15:10 - Mar 21 by A_Fans_Dad

The vast majority of face masks are DISPOSABLE.
It means you use it and throw it away.

What happens if you’re wearing one of these face masks and you suddenly sneeze. All that snot and mucus has nowhere to go so do you just have to walk around with a face full of gunk?

Corona Virus on 15:23 - Mar 21 with 1194 viewsJack11

Corona Virus on 15:15 - Mar 21 by Highjack

What happens if you’re wearing one of these face masks and you suddenly sneeze. All that snot and mucus has nowhere to go so do you just have to walk around with a face full of gunk?

What happens if you’re wearing one of these nappies and you suddenly shart. All that crap has nowhere to go so do you just have to walk around with a rear end covered in shite?
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 15:26]
Corona Virus on 15:27 - Mar 21 with 1178 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 15:23 - Mar 21 by Jack11

What happens if you’re wearing one of these nappies and you suddenly shart. All that crap has nowhere to go so do you just have to walk around with a rear end covered in shite?
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 15:26]

Even worse, if a large sudden sneeze causes you to simultaneously shart you will ejaculate gunk from all ends.

Corona Virus on 15:28 - Mar 21 with 1174 viewshobo

I've been carrying 2 masks with me at all times. Never felt the need to sneeze, probably as I'm not breathing in any sneeze inducing particles
Corona Virus on 15:29 - Mar 21 with 1170 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 15:28 - Mar 21 by hobo

I've been carrying 2 masks with me at all times. Never felt the need to sneeze, probably as I'm not breathing in any sneeze inducing particles

That’s good to hear. And what about your sharting?

Corona Virus on 15:42 - Mar 21 with 1149 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 10:26 - Mar 21 by Wingstandwood

This lock down of the elderly and vulnerable is going to be crucial. It will have a tremendous impact regarding preventing mass infection of the people whom are lesser resilient to it.

The governments initiative will be extremely useful and NHS staff are extremely grateful for its introduction. It will save so many lives and ease pressure on NHS capacity.

Yeah, the NHS is thrilled with government w*nkstains

Catherine Hsu is a second-year junior doctor in the NHS

I’m a junior doctor, in my second year of work. As luck would have it, Covid-19 has caught me in my A&E rotation at a busy central London hospital.

As the pandemic began to develop, we would receive daily guidance from Public Health England (PHE) on whom we should swab and what kind of isolation advice to give. Initially, we were swabbing people with significant travel history and respiratory symptoms. The numbers climbed: 20, 30, 150, 450, 1,000 … By 10 March, the reality of community transmissions was apparent. The question of travel history became irrelevant.

The problem is that even with more ventilators, we need staff trained to operate them and look after ventilated patients

Now, we only swab people sick enough to come into hospital, which means we’ll have a falsely low number of confirmed cases. Meanwhile, the government continues to downgrade the quality of personal protective equipment (PPE) worn by NHS staff. Initially, we were wearing FFP3s, high-grade masks filtering out 99% of particles smaller than 0.6 microns, to see any patient with suspected Covid-19. Pretty quickly, demand exceeded supply. Suddenly, entire wards were set up purely for Covid-19 patients. On 11 March, we were informed there wasn’t sufficient evidence supporting the wearing of FFP3s. Instead, PHE advised “basic respiratory precautions”, like with flu. Now we are wearing the most basic surgical masks and a tissue-thin plastic apron to see entire wards of confirmed cases.

This is a terrifying decision. The most basic epidemiology shows coronavirus is a lot more infectious than flu and, with the virus spreading like wildfire in the community, surely we should be taking every precaution to stop its spread within the hospital? By not providing healthcare workers with adequate protection, not only is the government endangering the people at the frontline, they are putting at risk the vulnerable, frail inpatients who may catch it from an asymptomatic doctor, nurse, porter or cleaner.

As for the actual situation within hospitals, we’ve had to use the cancer ward, where every room is a side room; the “suspected Covids” coming in from A&E need to be isolated pending swab results. Once confirmed negative, patients are stepped down to a normal ward. This strategy is sensible but poses its own problems. First, cancer patients were put in side rooms for a reason. They’re often immunocompromised and thus need to be isolated for their own protection. Part of the collateral damage of Covid-19 is these vulnerable patients are now in open bays, sitting ducks for infection.

What does Covid-19 itself look like? I see an average of six to eight probable cases a night, and end up admitting one to two of them. And that’s just one A&E doctor. The clinical picture is invariably the same: cough, high fevers, generalised muscle ache with progressive difficulty in breathing. By the time they’re brought in by ambulance, they are severely oxygen-deprived. Chest X-rays show bilateral infiltrates with such a distinctive appearance that we can now recognise it at a glance. The ICU admissions have truly horrendous chest X-rays and require intubation. So far, about half to three-quarters of our ICU is Covid-19; across the UK, at time of writing, there have been 144 deaths.

The strain that Covid-19 is placing on the healthcare system is immense. All elective surgeries have been cancelled. Doctors are being moved to high-pressure areas such as A&E and general medicine. Anyone with experience of ICU and intubation is being redeployed back to ICU, where it is anticipated the numbers requiring ventilation will rise sharply over the next week. The government is frantically trying to source more ventilators. The problem is that even with more ventilators, we need staff trained to operate them and look after ventilated patients. A tall order, given the NHS in England is short of 10,000 doctors and 40,000 nurses.

So, please stay at home if you can, avoid unnecessary social contact, keep washing your hands and practise good basic hygiene. Stop stockpiling unnecessarily. Think of the frail and vulnerable the next time you go and clear out a whole shelf of food you won’t need. Think of them when you venture outside when you have symptoms. Whether we like it or not, we’re all in this together.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 15:50 - Mar 21 with 1145 viewsA_Fans_Dad

How about replace it with a fresh one and bag the soiled one for disposal later?
I suppose it depends on how prepared you are?
The point about the public wearing face masks is that we are not Health workers in ICU for 8-12 hours surrounded by infected patients.
We have driven to the shops, put the mask on, go around the shop asap get back to the car and dispose of the mask, possibly 1 hour.
If you also try to socially distance when out of the car that will reduce the risks even more.
The precuation the uk government talks about, other than social distancing is washing your hands.
If a mask is no bloody use what about your face when you get home, shouldn't you at least be washing that.
Think about this scenario - a young healthy person goes shopping for themselves and their vunerable mum.
They come home, their car is a veritable bombsite of possible infection.
Door handles, steering wheel, gear shift knob, control stalks, handbrake etc.
They take in their shopping, touching the outer & inner house door handle, They wash their hands, unpack their washing. Do they remember to to wash their hands again and wipe the door handles?
They then get back in their car to take the shopping to mum, they haven't been to the shops, so may not think they need to wash their hands again, even though the car interior could be covered in the virus.
They visit mum, infecting her door handles from the car and the shopping her bags are also infected, they give her a hug & kiss with an unwashed face.

Sorry the government just have not thought this through, it requires a great deal more thought & control & discipline than "just washing your hands" when you get home.
I just hope people are really thinking it through.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 16:00]
Corona Virus on 15:51 - Mar 21 with 1140 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 15:27 - Mar 21 by Highjack

Even worse, if a large sudden sneeze causes you to simultaneously shart you will ejaculate gunk from all ends.

LOL, that could well happen if you have COVID19 as Diarrhea is a symptom.
Corona Virus on 15:53 - Mar 21 with 1136 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 13:17 - Mar 21 by Highjack

Testing .

Typo, my fat fingers again.
Corona Virus on 15:58 - Mar 21 with 1119 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 15:42 - Mar 21 by monmouth

Yeah, the NHS is thrilled with government w*nkstains

Catherine Hsu is a second-year junior doctor in the NHS

I’m a junior doctor, in my second year of work. As luck would have it, Covid-19 has caught me in my A&E rotation at a busy central London hospital.

As the pandemic began to develop, we would receive daily guidance from Public Health England (PHE) on whom we should swab and what kind of isolation advice to give. Initially, we were swabbing people with significant travel history and respiratory symptoms. The numbers climbed: 20, 30, 150, 450, 1,000 … By 10 March, the reality of community transmissions was apparent. The question of travel history became irrelevant.

The problem is that even with more ventilators, we need staff trained to operate them and look after ventilated patients

Now, we only swab people sick enough to come into hospital, which means we’ll have a falsely low number of confirmed cases. Meanwhile, the government continues to downgrade the quality of personal protective equipment (PPE) worn by NHS staff. Initially, we were wearing FFP3s, high-grade masks filtering out 99% of particles smaller than 0.6 microns, to see any patient with suspected Covid-19. Pretty quickly, demand exceeded supply. Suddenly, entire wards were set up purely for Covid-19 patients. On 11 March, we were informed there wasn’t sufficient evidence supporting the wearing of FFP3s. Instead, PHE advised “basic respiratory precautions”, like with flu. Now we are wearing the most basic surgical masks and a tissue-thin plastic apron to see entire wards of confirmed cases.

This is a terrifying decision. The most basic epidemiology shows coronavirus is a lot more infectious than flu and, with the virus spreading like wildfire in the community, surely we should be taking every precaution to stop its spread within the hospital? By not providing healthcare workers with adequate protection, not only is the government endangering the people at the frontline, they are putting at risk the vulnerable, frail inpatients who may catch it from an asymptomatic doctor, nurse, porter or cleaner.

As for the actual situation within hospitals, we’ve had to use the cancer ward, where every room is a side room; the “suspected Covids” coming in from A&E need to be isolated pending swab results. Once confirmed negative, patients are stepped down to a normal ward. This strategy is sensible but poses its own problems. First, cancer patients were put in side rooms for a reason. They’re often immunocompromised and thus need to be isolated for their own protection. Part of the collateral damage of Covid-19 is these vulnerable patients are now in open bays, sitting ducks for infection.

What does Covid-19 itself look like? I see an average of six to eight probable cases a night, and end up admitting one to two of them. And that’s just one A&E doctor. The clinical picture is invariably the same: cough, high fevers, generalised muscle ache with progressive difficulty in breathing. By the time they’re brought in by ambulance, they are severely oxygen-deprived. Chest X-rays show bilateral infiltrates with such a distinctive appearance that we can now recognise it at a glance. The ICU admissions have truly horrendous chest X-rays and require intubation. So far, about half to three-quarters of our ICU is Covid-19; across the UK, at time of writing, there have been 144 deaths.

The strain that Covid-19 is placing on the healthcare system is immense. All elective surgeries have been cancelled. Doctors are being moved to high-pressure areas such as A&E and general medicine. Anyone with experience of ICU and intubation is being redeployed back to ICU, where it is anticipated the numbers requiring ventilation will rise sharply over the next week. The government is frantically trying to source more ventilators. The problem is that even with more ventilators, we need staff trained to operate them and look after ventilated patients. A tall order, given the NHS in England is short of 10,000 doctors and 40,000 nurses.

So, please stay at home if you can, avoid unnecessary social contact, keep washing your hands and practise good basic hygiene. Stop stockpiling unnecessarily. Think of the frail and vulnerable the next time you go and clear out a whole shelf of food you won’t need. Think of them when you venture outside when you have symptoms. Whether we like it or not, we’re all in this together.

Horrific, just like Italy a week ago.
The lack of preparedness is criminal, my heart goes out to this young lady and all those putting their lives on the line, while being stupidly endangered by their own government and senior NHS officials.
A Pox on all of them, I used the word callous when I first posted, this is worse than that.
We should all be burning with anger and outrage.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 15:59]
Corona Virus on 16:17 - Mar 21 with 1081 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 15:58 - Mar 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Horrific, just like Italy a week ago.
The lack of preparedness is criminal, my heart goes out to this young lady and all those putting their lives on the line, while being stupidly endangered by their own government and senior NHS officials.
A Pox on all of them, I used the word callous when I first posted, this is worse than that.
We should all be burning with anger and outrage.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 15:59]

Nearly every country in the World will see their health system over run, this is what Bill Gates has to day 5 years ago, this is a systemic failure starting with organisations like WHO, G7 etc. The world was warned with Mers and Sars but took no notice.

There is also a big questions around the time taken to sound the alert from China.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/03/bill-gates-epidemic-pandemic-preparedness

Corona Virus on 16:22 - Mar 21 with 1067 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 16:17 - Mar 21 by JACKMANANDBOY

Nearly every country in the World will see their health system over run, this is what Bill Gates has to day 5 years ago, this is a systemic failure starting with organisations like WHO, G7 etc. The world was warned with Mers and Sars but took no notice.

There is also a big questions around the time taken to sound the alert from China.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/03/bill-gates-epidemic-pandemic-preparedness

Those countries that actually experienced Mers, Sears & dengue fever learnt a lot better than the rest of the world.
In fact I requent quite a few Forums with Americans on them, it is shocking how many are still saying "it is just another Flu" and "it is no worse than the flu".
Quoting the US CDC statistics for flu.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 16:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024