Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 425098 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 15:11 - Mar 22 with 1528 viewspembsjack

We had teens in Pembroke Yesterday touching and pretending to cough at people (including old people) as they walked down the street, telling them they have the virus! As if this isnt scary enough for people already!
Corona Virus on 15:14 - Mar 22 with 1511 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 15:04 - Mar 22 by CountyJim

Nothing wrong with going out just keep your distance at places like beaches

Doctor was saying yesterday let the kids play but enforce a responsible distance

People ain't though. Kids especially. It's bonkers. Sooner we have complete lockdown and bring in the army the better.
Corona Virus on 15:19 - Mar 22 with 1498 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 13:45 - Mar 22 by taffpunk

Look after yourself butt.

I freely admit I'm not sure what to do, I'll make my mind up later in the week. As you say the decision may well be taken out of my hands very soon anyway. Lots of small businesses that close will sadly never open again, especially if Boris doesn't come up with some sort of package for the self-employed. At least I can continue to sell on-line, so hopefully the shop will survive.

PM’d you.
Corona Virus on 15:20 - Mar 22 with 1496 viewsCountyJim

Corona Virus on 15:08 - Mar 22 by exiledclaseboy

Jim, you’re talking shit. The advice is to stay in as much as possible.

Not what a doctor on the daily briefing said

And
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/20/coronavirus-kids-risks-can-they-
Corona Virus on 16:03 - Mar 22 with 1420 viewsCountyJim

Corona Virus on 15:08 - Mar 22 by exiledclaseboy

Jim, you’re talking shit. The advice is to stay in as much as possible.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-20/can-my-child-go-to-a-kid-s-party-or-play-out

So it turns out you're the one talking shite

Just use common sense

Us adults if we are healthy should get out as well nothing wrong with a nice walk just keep your distance fresh air is better for you than stale air
Corona Virus on 16:18 - Mar 22 with 1383 viewsdickythorpe

Pendine flat out busy.
Corona Virus on 16:18 - Mar 22 with 1379 viewswestside

People using petrol pumps without wearing gloves.

People serving in shops not wearing gloves.
Corona Virus on 16:20 - Mar 22 with 1367 viewsdickythorpe

Corona Virus on 16:18 - Mar 22 by westside

People using petrol pumps without wearing gloves.

People serving in shops not wearing gloves.

PPE shortage and no real government/local authority enforcement
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 16:23 - Mar 22 with 1357 viewsPozuelosSideys

People are morons. This is a key time for the country as a whole. Look at the charts and the compared statistical analysis coming through from other countries and it shows the next two weeks are when the numbers start to take off. Its a multiplier effect.

Those who are out and doing these things will be the same twunts who are stockpiling, complaining that the Government arent doing anything and will be the first demanding NHS help and screaming the place down when there is nobody at the hospital to look after them cos theyre swamped.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Corona Virus on 16:36 - Mar 22 with 1305 viewshobo

Absolute c*nts filling Victoria Park market today. What is wrong with people?
Corona Virus on 16:48 - Mar 22 with 1273 viewshobo

Corona Virus on 16:36 - Mar 22 by hobo

Absolute madness

Corona Virus on 16:48 - Mar 22 with 1268 viewsmonmouth

It's very weird. I went for my usual (solitary) run, and I saw more cars heading for the woodland car parks and people walking in groups along the country roads than I've ever seen. Not a problem if they keep away from others, but people do seem to be congregating together in seaside and parkland spots. Lake, district, snowdonia and scarborough apparently jammed. Nowt as queer as folk.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 16:49 - Mar 22 with 1253 viewsdickythorpe

Corona Virus on 16:48 - Mar 22 by hobo

Absolute madness

And to think they won "City of culture" tut tut
Corona Virus on 16:53 - Mar 22 with 1229 viewsLohengrin

Corona Virus on 16:48 - Mar 22 by monmouth

It's very weird. I went for my usual (solitary) run, and I saw more cars heading for the woodland car parks and people walking in groups along the country roads than I've ever seen. Not a problem if they keep away from others, but people do seem to be congregating together in seaside and parkland spots. Lake, district, snowdonia and scarborough apparently jammed. Nowt as queer as folk.

Have you ever read Neville Shute’s ‘On The Beach,’ or seen the film adaptation?

This is almost life imitating art.

[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 16:56]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Corona Virus on 16:55 - Mar 22 with 1223 viewssainthelens

Corona Virus on 16:48 - Mar 22 by hobo

Absolute madness

Fck me it's like the scene from Dawn of the Dead.
Corona Virus on 16:57 - Mar 22 with 1208 viewslondonlisa2001

I saw that.

Why the hell was the market open?

What’s the matter with the council?
Corona Virus on 17:03 - Mar 22 with 1189 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 16:55 - Mar 22 by sainthelens

Fck me it's like the scene from Dawn of the Dead.

Bit harsh on zombies.
Corona Virus on 17:06 - Mar 22 with 1172 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 16:53 - Mar 22 by Lohengrin

Have you ever read Neville Shute’s ‘On The Beach,’ or seen the film adaptation?

This is almost life imitating art.

[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 16:56]

When they start handing out suicide pills I guess we know it's serious.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 17:09 - Mar 22 with 1161 viewsmajorraglan

Boris is due in shortly and his announcement is going out live on the BBC and a few other channels. At times like this major announcements should be carried on all channels in a bid to get the message through, the people on shopping channels, terrestrial channels should have the news rammed down their throats.

Just out total number of deaths is 281and still going up!
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 17:12]
Corona Virus on 17:18 - Mar 22 with 1135 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 16:57 - Mar 22 by londonlisa2001

I saw that.

Why the hell was the market open?

What’s the matter with the council?

Boris is on now giving his live press conference. He's telling people again to distance, even if you think yourself invulnerable you will infect others who aren't. This is why the government needed to enforce a lockdown sooner, because so many people are utter idiots who think the rules apply to others but never to them. That was Bojo's mistake, putting his trust in people to listen, to understand and to fall in line. To be fair a Labour PM would have had the same problem because people are stupid.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 17:25 - Mar 22 with 1113 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:18 - Mar 22 by Catullus

Boris is on now giving his live press conference. He's telling people again to distance, even if you think yourself invulnerable you will infect others who aren't. This is why the government needed to enforce a lockdown sooner, because so many people are utter idiots who think the rules apply to others but never to them. That was Bojo's mistake, putting his trust in people to listen, to understand and to fall in line. To be fair a Labour PM would have had the same problem because people are stupid.

I find Dr Jenny Harries to be hugely impressive in these conferences.
Corona Virus on 17:26 - Mar 22 with 1110 viewsPozuelosSideys

Just saw a table on linkedin (so cant share) comparing the UK vs Italy death rates . We are step for step with them day on day +14 days. Almost identical.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Corona Virus on 17:31 - Mar 22 with 1098 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 17:25 - Mar 22 by londonlisa2001

I find Dr Jenny Harries to be hugely impressive in these conferences.

Yes and I think Rishi Sunak comes across well too.

Neath council has announced they are closing all parks for 4 weeks. They say it's to follow the PM's advice about staying indoors but, that's not what he's saying. He's saying be sensible and distance because he understands people srill need to get out and exercise. If parks close people will have to walk the streets where distancing is invatiably more difficult.

Bojo, you have to be very, very clear and indeed he is right now saying we need to keep the parks open where possible.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 17:33 - Mar 22 with 1089 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 17:26 - Mar 22 by PozuelosSideys

Just saw a table on linkedin (so cant share) comparing the UK vs Italy death rates . We are step for step with them day on day +14 days. Almost identical.

Deputy chief medical officer just said that Italy’s fatality rate is 10%, ours is 4%. She also warned against drawing conclusions from comparing data from different countries.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 17:36 - Mar 22 with 1077 viewsPozuelosSideys

Corona Virus on 17:33 - Mar 22 by exiledclaseboy

Deputy chief medical officer just said that Italy’s fatality rate is 10%, ours is 4%. She also warned against drawing conclusions from comparing data from different countries.

Yeah i saw that, am watching. Its a different metric i was looking at though. Shes talking about number of infections divided by the fatalities which gives you the fatality rate. Im looking at flat number of deaths related to the virus. It would suggest we have a higher infection rate -14 days if she is correct.

The source is legit - ‘front door’ clinician at a major London hospital.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024