Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437487 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 22:55 - Mar 23 with 2028 viewsBanosswan

Ffs, if you feel you're an essential worker go out. Just try to stay 2m away from other people (which should be easy when fixing a roof).

If you're a mobile hairdresser or own a nail bar, stay at home you twohat.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Corona Virus on 22:56 - Mar 23 with 2024 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 22:43 - Mar 23 by Catullus

They announced this dropon the news at ten just a few minutes ago.

Followed up by what's happening in Iran which is utterly mind boggling. Apparently millions of people have ignored Iranian government advice and gone out celebrating the Persian new year! Then they went to a hospital where medical equipment included....plastic bags tied around their feet.

Stupidity is global.

Don’t get sucked in by this reporting.

Italy yesterday - third highest number of confirmed daily cases, second highest number of deaths by day. The downward trends need to continue for at least a week before anyone can says with a degree of confidence that Italy are regaining control of the situation.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 22:58 - Mar 23 with 2015 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 22:51 - Mar 23 by Swanjaxs

Online shopping will go through the roof.

At the moment one share in Amazon will cost you £1,902.83

The death of the High St is nigh unfortunately

There have been lots of comments re jobs in the big supermarkets, I suspect Boris and his team have been doing a lot of work behind the scenes in the knowledge this was happening. Lots of shops are currently well stocked.
Corona Virus on 23:06 - Mar 23 with 1970 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 22:58 - Mar 23 by majorraglan

There have been lots of comments re jobs in the big supermarkets, I suspect Boris and his team have been doing a lot of work behind the scenes in the knowledge this was happening. Lots of shops are currently well stocked.

Fair, but was thinking more of the retail market than supermarkets.

People could go online at 10pm and buy an item of clothing for instance and get it delivered the next day even before this pandemic.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 23:23 - Mar 23 with 1919 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 23:06 - Mar 23 by Swanjaxs

Fair, but was thinking more of the retail market than supermarkets.

People could go online at 10pm and buy an item of clothing for instance and get it delivered the next day even before this pandemic.

You are right re retail, small businesses with a presence on the High Street are invariably paying rent and business rates and tax on any profit they make whereas some of the multinationals are based in tax havens and don’t pay much in terms of overheads. There’s no way the little guy can compete.
Corona Virus on 00:39 - Mar 24 with 1812 viewsHighjack

Remain indoors.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 01:17 - Mar 24 with 1764 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 00:39 - Mar 24 by Highjack

Remain indoors.

Absolutely.

But some have to go to work unfortunately.

Spare a thougt for them please 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 01:35 - Mar 24 with 1740 viewsJackSomething

Corona Virus on 21:21 - Mar 23 by sainthelens

I need an haircut, I'll be looking like Robinson fckn Crusoe.

I had a reminder this morning that I had a haircut booked for this afternoon. I booked it after my last visit and had forgotten about it with all that's going on.

I thought I should call to cancel in case they were still open. Not only were they open, the receptionist sounded surprised that I was cancelling.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 01:51 - Mar 24 with 1729 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 01:35 - Mar 24 by JackSomething

I had a reminder this morning that I had a haircut booked for this afternoon. I booked it after my last visit and had forgotten about it with all that's going on.

I thought I should call to cancel in case they were still open. Not only were they open, the receptionist sounded surprised that I was cancelling.

Surely that will change after Boris announcement.. they have to. ? Although after spending 15 mins looking through Facebook post's and twitter, I get the feeling that the majority of people who went out the weekend to beauty spots and such, will treat Boris words very lightly.

It was a step in the right direction by boris, but if was any member of parliament, take a quick look at social media, and you can see the idiots are going to abuse the rules.. I mean he's left himself wide open by saying you can exercise out side once a day, how the fck can anyone enforce that. Basically gives the morons an excuse to carry on.

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 04:25 - Mar 24 with 1652 viewsepaul

Well I'm up for work and as previously stated our school is remaining open, yesterday just 12 kids turned up, they were expecting around 70, so far we are open for the next 2 weeks. The onlyt time I've been outside other than going to work was to walk the dog in the park, it was very quiet, so I can still do that one a day and that'll be my daily exercise.

I've just had a look at the earliest date to book an online food delivery from my local Asda, 14 April earliest!!

Greatful I've got a big garden front and back, probably going to have ages to get it looking all sparkly as it's taken a battering during the winter, plenty to do which will last me a couple of weeks, which is good as I do enjoy my gardening, might just cut the grass with a pair of scissors to bat it out a bit

Ok poss stupid question time, my car is parked directly outside the house, on the street and we are a fairly quiet area, I'm assuming it'll be ok to clean it inside and out?

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Corona Virus on 05:52 - Mar 24 with 1608 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 22:55 - Mar 23 by Banosswan

Ffs, if you feel you're an essential worker go out. Just try to stay 2m away from other people (which should be easy when fixing a roof).

If you're a mobile hairdresser or own a nail bar, stay at home you twohat.

Don’t be a knob pal.

I work in large construction / civil engineering, amongst our projects are hospitals, and food and drink manufacturers. All in my opinion, are essential in these times. Impossible to stay 2m apart on these projects. What about our other projects that aren’t of the type I mentioned, do we close them down, is it down to us to decide what is essential? Some of those boots on ground workers consider all their work essential due to having to put food on the table, living from wage packet to wage packet.

It isn’t as easy as your post.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 07:11 - Mar 24 with 1533 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 01:17 - Mar 24 by Swanjaxs

Absolutely.

But some have to go to work unfortunately.

Spare a thougt for them please 👍

I’m one of them.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 07:46 - Mar 24 with 1495 viewsCaptain_Sham

After walking a mile and a half to work I was greeted with an empty car park. Txt had go e round last night after after BoJos speech telling everyone not to come in- my phone has been blocking automated txts for some reason. Land Registry* shut until further notice.
*offices.(There are still services provided by people working from home)
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 8:20]

Its just a ride.

Corona Virus on 08:04 - Mar 24 with 1460 viewsFireboy2

Corona Virus on 07:46 - Mar 24 by Captain_Sham

After walking a mile and a half to work I was greeted with an empty car park. Txt had go e round last night after after BoJos speech telling everyone not to come in- my phone has been blocking automated txts for some reason. Land Registry* shut until further notice.
*offices.(There are still services provided by people working from home)
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 8:20]

That's your one exercise per day over with then
Corona Virus on 08:08 - Mar 24 with 1452 viewsCaptain_Sham

Corona Virus on 08:04 - Mar 24 by Fireboy2

That's your one exercise per day over with then

Yes, I managed to cram two visits to Tescos in as well as it is on the way. I had some very suspicious looks the second time. Hoarder alert.
... but who cares, I got some fresh fking chicken breast for the first time in two weeks...
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 8:11]

Its just a ride.

Corona Virus on 08:49 - Mar 24 with 1390 viewsFireboy2

Corona Virus on 08:08 - Mar 24 by Captain_Sham

Yes, I managed to cram two visits to Tescos in as well as it is on the way. I had some very suspicious looks the second time. Hoarder alert.
... but who cares, I got some fresh fking chicken breast for the first time in two weeks...
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 8:11]

Can you share please
Corona Virus on 09:03 - Mar 24 with 1356 viewsOldjack

Tube trains in London this morning rammed full ,WTF!

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Corona Virus on 09:07 - Mar 24 with 1343 viewsdickythorpe

Corona Virus on 09:03 - Mar 24 by Oldjack

Plenty of buses and traffic about in London
Corona Virus on 09:13 - Mar 24 with 1326 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 20:24 - Mar 22 by londonlisa2001

I saw something earlier which suggested far more deaths in one region of Italy than any other.

The virus took hold in hospitals in that region of course, before being recognised for what it was.

All we can do is hope that we are different. And bloody stay inside unless absolutely necessary.

By hospitals very nature there is a battle to stop the spread of contagious diseases and bugs etc but it's a bit strong to say that the virus took hold in their hospitals.
Corona Virus on 09:22 - Mar 24 with 1320 viewsCountyJim

There's a Chap that lives down from us always goes running late at night about 11pm with head torch and about 5am

Apparently he has social issues he's doing no one any harm really is he at those times but you can bet someone will dob him in it
Corona Virus on 09:24 - Mar 24 with 1313 viewsFireboy2

Corona Virus on 09:03 - Mar 24 by Oldjack

As EMF would say.

Unbelievable.
Corona Virus on 09:29 - Mar 24 with 1306 viewsCountyJim

Corona Virus on 09:24 - Mar 24 by Fireboy2

As EMF would say.

Unbelievable.

Some companies are not playing ball though these people probably have no choice

Its up to the tube to make sure everyone has 2 meters between them and put on more cars
Corona Virus on 09:36 - Mar 24 with 1287 viewsJackSomething

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-52013572

Do we have any sympathies for these people? Or should they really have seen the writing on the wall long before this and got themselves home by now?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Corona Virus on 09:37 - Mar 24 with 1282 viewsdickythorpe

Corona Virus on 09:22 - Mar 24 by CountyJim

There's a Chap that lives down from us always goes running late at night about 11pm with head torch and about 5am

Apparently he has social issues he's doing no one any harm really is he at those times but you can bet someone will dob him in it

Not necessarily so Jim, he's known to you and others so hopefully you and others will stick up for him.
We are told there is greater awareness of mental issues these days.....these times will prove if it is true.

"Dobbing people in".........I hate jobsworths
Corona Virus on 09:41 - Mar 24 with 1612 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 09:22 - Mar 24 by CountyJim

The people who have been actively avoiding contact aren't the real problem. It's the idiots crowding together. If we could all be trusted to follow the rules things might be different.

We only intend to go out once for exercise, after fetching my wife from work the 3 of us will walk the dog but staying as far away from anybody else as we can manage but we know we'll see people just carrying on regardless.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024