Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437266 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 22:36 - Mar 27 with 1849 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 22:31 - Mar 27 by lifelong

Our daughter has been ill with the symptoms for 3 days, cough, shivering, nausea and dizziness, got through to the local surgery, doctor rang back and spoke to her and was more or less certain she has the virus, told her if it gets any worse to ring 999 for an ambulance....worrying time.

All the very best.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 22:41 - Mar 27 with 1830 viewsairedale

Corona Virus on 14:56 - Mar 27 by jasper_T

The BBC doesn't know its arse from its elbow.

Yup, buffoons, a world-wide laughingstock.
Corona Virus on 22:44 - Mar 27 with 1823 viewsmonmouth

Our daughter has been ill with the symptoms for 3 days, cough, shivering, nausea and dizziness, got through to the local surgery, doctor rang back and spoke to her and was more or less certain she has the virus, told her if it gets any worse to ring 999 for an ambulance....worrying time.

Christ, I hope she gets better.

All the best Rog

M.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 22:45 - Mar 27 with 1818 viewsairedale

Corona Virus on 18:39 - Mar 27 by CountyJim

Another question needs to be asked how does Bojo get his results in hours my sister tested yesterday morning still waiting on results

Shes a nursing sister as well

Its just wrong

You’re right again Jim, a nursing sister should get the same prioritising as the Prime Minister.
Corona Virus on 22:46 - Mar 27 with 1814 viewsairedale

Corona Virus on 19:06 - Mar 27 by chad

Can anyone confirm please

I thought I heard a virologist from Lancaster, talking about the virus suspending in the air for up to 2 hours. Now I understood it could be suspended in air for a short period (and potentially be breathed in and cause infection). Bad enough even if for a minute or so. However if it can remain suspended in air for up to 2 hours then that has serious implications even just for us tramping round supermarkets without masks for e.g. let alone medics (especially given symptomless / low symptom carriers).

I think (hope) I must have only picked up part of the interview and he was perhaps comparing it to the massively infectious measles virus which is indeed said to potentially remain in the air for up to 2 hours.

My understanding is that the pesky varmint is subject to gravity.
Corona Virus on 22:51 - Mar 27 with 1805 viewslifelong

Corona Virus on 22:44 - Mar 27 by monmouth

Christ, I hope she gets better.

All the best Rog

M.

Thanks M, she’s feeling knackered and has isolated herself in a bedroom, son in law and 5 year old son also at home in isolation.
Corona Virus on 22:57 - Mar 27 with 1787 viewsdickythorpe

Lifey, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Just ask if you need anything x
Corona Virus on 23:02 - Mar 27 with 1765 viewssainthelens

Corona Virus on 22:51 - Mar 27 by lifelong

Thanks M, she’s feeling knackered and has isolated herself in a bedroom, son in law and 5 year old son also at home in isolation.

Sending over best wishes to you all. Don't let imagination get the better of you. Sure she'll be ok in a week or 2.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 23:09 - Mar 27 with 1743 viewsDarran

🙏🏻

Love you Rog.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Corona Virus on 23:26 - Mar 27 with 1706 viewsProfessor

My best wishes.
I hope she gets past this ok
Corona Virus on 00:04 - Mar 28 with 1661 viewsTNT

I've had the husband of one of my staff tested positive. Stay calm, follow guidelines.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Corona Virus on 02:07 - Mar 28 with 1594 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 11:44 - Mar 27 by felixstowe_jack

I think he does more for the country than you.

No, that is Cummings that makes the decisions you buffoon.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 02:14 - Mar 28 with 1594 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 16:01 - Mar 26 by A_Fans_Dad

According to news services the Diamond Princess was still infected 17 days after the last patient & crew left.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/diamond-princess-traces-coronavirus-17-days-ship-e

The early studies that had been done did not use Human COVID19 Viruses they used the virus matrix instead.

So cleaning is an absolute must.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 16:02]

"According to news services the Diamond Princess was still infected 17 days after the last patient & crew left. "

Bollucks, absolute bollucks

Covid RNA was found not, functioning, "live" Covid

So, yes, you keep proving that your knowledge is very flawed.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 02:25 - Mar 28 with 1585 viewsJack123

https://sky-news.co.uk/coronavirus-uk-should-have-gone-into-lockdown-10-days-ago

10 days my ars^, it does not take a scientist to see,
Any man on the street could tell you..

The uk method of controlling this was flawed, from the very beginning, they have wasted lives, and the only reason, me personally I can see for this, is that they didn't want to buy too many ventilators, in advance of the outbreak.. ANY FCKING SOFT TWA* on the street, could foresee the needless deaths we are about to have.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 2:36]

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 07:08 - Mar 28 with 1484 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 20:15 - Mar 27 by longlostjack

Up arrowed by mistake. Give it a rest Kilks. You’re starting to be a pain now.

Ladyjack and Kilkenny are not the same poster.
People need to realise how dangerous this virus is, underplaying it is putting lives at risk.
Corona Virus on 07:30 - Mar 28 with 1461 viewsladyjack

This pandemic will result in job losses the Government should look out for important industries that might not survive at all.
Corona Virus on 07:41 - Mar 28 with 1450 viewsBillyChong

Corona Virus on 02:25 - Mar 28 by Jack123

https://sky-news.co.uk/coronavirus-uk-should-have-gone-into-lockdown-10-days-ago

The uk method of controlling this was flawed, from the very beginning, they have wasted lives, and the only reason, me personally I can see for this, is that they didn't want to buy too many ventilators, in advance of the outbreak.. ANY FCKING SOFT TWA* on the street, could foresee the needless deaths we are about to have.

“Herd immunity” and delayed/flaky “lockdown”. They are still trying to wing it with conflicting advice.
Corona Virus on 07:49 - Mar 28 with 1443 viewsHighjack

Is waking up suddenly with an inexplicably painful nipple (right) one of the symptoms? I think I might have it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 08:42 - Mar 28 with 1388 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 07:41 - Mar 28 by BillyChong

“Herd immunity” and delayed/flaky “lockdown”. They are still trying to wing it with conflicting advice.

Governments across the world have been responding to it with the same tactics they used to get themselves into power in the first place: deny, deflect, and dither until someone else acts first (so you can pass the buck if it goes wrong). They're more worried about their response upsetting voters and making it look like they're panicking than the effects of the pandemic. The world is led by gangs of professional spin doctors playing chicken between themselves, local officials and big corporations.

We're very lucky football blinked as early as it did. Even McDonalds is doing its part to shut the country down beyond government orders.
Corona Virus on 09:11 - Mar 28 with 1340 viewssainthelens

Corona Virus on 07:49 - Mar 28 by Highjack

Is waking up suddenly with an inexplicably painful nipple (right) one of the symptoms? I think I might have it.

Is it yours?
Corona Virus on 09:13 - Mar 28 with 1329 viewsJoe_bradshaw

isolate it immediately.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 09:25 - Mar 28 with 1303 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 22:57 - Mar 27 by dickythorpe

Lifey, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Just ask if you need anything x

Seconded Lifey, I hope she makes a swift recovery

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Corona Virus on 10:05 - Mar 28 with 1262 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 02:25 - Mar 28 by Jack123

I agree and think we should have been in lockdown much earlier, I also suspect part the change of tactic and move away from herd immunity was a factor. Another issue to consider was the fact emergency legislation was only introduced this week, that needed to be in place a few weeks ago.

The Sky article also makes reference to the Atalanta v Valencia football match in Milan pouring petrol on the corona virus flames - football in the UK closed down, but the WRU still wanted to play against Scotland and the Pro 14 allowed Benetton Treviso to play Newport in Gwent a few weeks ago, I wonder if that has anything to do with increased numbers in Gwent?

The article mentions tracking people who have been in contract with people who have tested positive, that’s a big job but one worthy of consideration.

The Italians are looking to increase the fines to €3000’s in some cases so they mean business.

Government should be stopping flights in to the UK from hotspot areas and screening people, everyone and gripping the tube in London.
Corona Virus on 10:22 - Mar 28 with 1243 viewschad

Did you forget to remove the clamp?
Corona Virus on 10:30 - Mar 28 with 1935 viewsdickythorpe

If you go back a month ago China had teams of people with spray packs"disinfecting" the streets, taking people's temperatures whilst wearing protection.

Last week Russia had "mobile disinfection units" being used in their country and out to Italy.

People who went to Australia from Britain on Feb 14th were heavily monitored whilst out there, but when they returned a month later no check at Heathrow.

What do we have this week after Johnson spoke on Monday evening.......
Tubes crammed, building sites crammed, no PPE for key staff, idiots pouring to tourist hot spots miles and miles away from their homes.
How many employees in supermarkets have gloves on or face masks?

Johnson is now infected and the health secretary too.

You would laugh if this was a Reeves and Mortimer sketch at how far fetched it all was.

I only hope those that clogged the pubs in the bigger towns and city centres a week last Friday and a few days after aren't paying for their bravado and crass stupidity.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 10:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024