Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 425113 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 10:19 - Mar 12 with 3073 viewschad

Corona Virus on 20:55 - Mar 11 by ItchySphincter

Impossible to know, either way. Impossible.

Sage words
Corona Virus on 10:36 - Mar 12 with 3043 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-51847198

Poor old Tom and Rita
Corona Virus on 10:38 - Mar 12 with 3037 viewsKGriz16

All EFL games behind closed doors.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-swansea-premi
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 10:43]
Corona Virus on 13:31 - Mar 12 with 2936 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 10:38 - Mar 12 by KGriz16

All EFL games behind closed doors.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-swansea-premi
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 10:43]

Who were Cardiff playing when that photo was taken?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 15:32 - Mar 12 with 2814 viewsLeonWasGod

Corona Virus on 13:31 - Mar 12 by longlostjack

Who were Cardiff playing when that photo was taken?

Any excuse to post this again

[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 15:56]
Corona Virus on 16:20 - Mar 12 with 2749 viewsCountyJim

So trump bans flights from Europe but not UK and Ireland

What's the betting hes coming over to play golf ⛳

Corona Virus on 16:32 - Mar 12 with 2718 viewsdickythorpe

Rugby suspended

https://www.pro14.rugby/latest/pro14/guinness-pro14-season-suspended?dm_i=5GVN,6
Corona Virus on 16:43 - Mar 12 with 2699 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 16:32 - Mar 12 by dickythorpe

Rugby suspended

https://www.pro14.rugby/latest/pro14/guinness-pro14-season-suspended?dm_i=5GVN,6

Should have been done last weekend before the Dragons played Benetton, they should also look long and hard at the Wales Scotland match this weekend.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 17:25 - Mar 12 with 2641 viewsdickythorpe

Corona Virus on 16:43 - Mar 12 by majorraglan

Should have been done last weekend before the Dragons played Benetton, they should also look long and hard at the Wales Scotland match this weekend.

There's no interest for me now with other games being off.
Corona Virus on 17:40 - Mar 12 with 2610 viewsWingstandwood

Just seen part of a live government news conference and the chief medical officer has said the fatality rate of this infection looks to be 1%.

That is nowhere near as bad a figure of what many would have thought thinking it being a few percent higher, but obviously still a major concern to us with elderly relatives or others with underlying medical conditions.

*Edit* Apparently the peak of the infection rate will be in about 13 weeks time.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 17:44]

Argus!

Corona Virus on 18:15 - Mar 12 with 2546 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 17:40 - Mar 12 by Wingstandwood

Just seen part of a live government news conference and the chief medical officer has said the fatality rate of this infection looks to be 1%.

That is nowhere near as bad a figure of what many would have thought thinking it being a few percent higher, but obviously still a major concern to us with elderly relatives or others with underlying medical conditions.

*Edit* Apparently the peak of the infection rate will be in about 13 weeks time.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 17:44]

Do you believe anything coming from them?
Corona Virus on 18:18 - Mar 12 with 2527 viewsmagicdaps10

The Irish closure of Schools/Colleges is an interesting one. Been done after a vote by all teachers/lecturers across Ireland with well over 90% voting that they should close.

All on full pay. My sister in law a teacher in Letter Kenny is now travelling back nearly 1hr to my mother in laws house, my mother in law who is well Into her 60s and has had underlying health issues.

🤔

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Corona Virus on 18:26 - Mar 12 with 2507 viewsWingstandwood

Corona Virus on 18:15 - Mar 12 by A_Fans_Dad

The 1% figure reported was slightly higher than that of what a non-Tory supporting NHS doctor quoted recently regarding China's latest fatality incidence levels i.e. 0.6% - 0.7%.

So maybe with the introduction of aggressive anti-viral intervention treatment that this doctor mentioned the figure could indeed fluctuate. I would presume extremely vulnerable individuals who seek early intervention and get that anti-viral treatment before the virus takes hold would stand a far better chance?

Argus!

Corona Virus on 18:43 - Mar 12 with 2458 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 18:18 - Mar 12 by magicdaps10

The Irish closure of Schools/Colleges is an interesting one. Been done after a vote by all teachers/lecturers across Ireland with well over 90% voting that they should close.

All on full pay. My sister in law a teacher in Letter Kenny is now travelling back nearly 1hr to my mother in laws house, my mother in law who is well Into her 60s and has had underlying health issues.

🤔

Of course the teachers voted to close the schools, the poor loves don't get enough time off at Easter, summer, xmas, inset days etc...

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 18:43 - Mar 12 with 2455 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 18:26 - Mar 12 by Wingstandwood

The 1% figure reported was slightly higher than that of what a non-Tory supporting NHS doctor quoted recently regarding China's latest fatality incidence levels i.e. 0.6% - 0.7%.

So maybe with the introduction of aggressive anti-viral intervention treatment that this doctor mentioned the figure could indeed fluctuate. I would presume extremely vulnerable individuals who seek early intervention and get that anti-viral treatment before the virus takes hold would stand a far better chance?

I just read that Italy has had 1000 deaths from 15000 cases, and 1153 in intensive care. That’s real figures isn’t it? From a comparable country. I think 1% is looking a bit optimistic based on that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 18:50 - Mar 12 with 2439 viewsItchySphincter

Corona Virus on 18:18 - Mar 12 by magicdaps10

🤔

You can forget full pay if you’re not in ROI. The worker’s rights ship sailed with the EU. I’ll get eff-all even though my industry is one of the first to be hit.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 18:53]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Corona Virus on 18:52 - Mar 12 with 2435 viewslifelong

Corona Virus on 18:43 - Mar 12 by monmouth

I just read that Italy has had 1000 deaths from 15000 cases, and 1153 in intensive care. That’s real figures isn’t it? From a comparable country. I think 1% is looking a bit optimistic based on that.

I think it’s starting to dawn on people how serious this virus could become.
Corona Virus on 18:54 - Mar 12 with 2429 viewsWingstandwood

Corona Virus on 18:43 - Mar 12 by monmouth

Obviously things cannot be predicted bang on, but hopefully the optimism of the doctor 1:00s happens on these shores. I suppose different dynamics come into play like preparedness and reaction time.

Argus!

Corona Virus on 18:56 - Mar 12 with 2424 viewsmagicdaps10

Corona Virus on 18:50 - Mar 12 by ItchySphincter

You can forget full pay if you’re not in ROI. The worker’s rights ship sailed with the EU. I’ll get eff-all even though my industry is one of the first to be hit.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 18:53]

If you are a Teacher in the UK, you get 2 weeks full pay and then you have to supply a doctors note, it is then assessed from there, from there if you pass certain criteria then you get 6 months full pay.

If Schools are closed in the UK, teachers will get full pay.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Corona Virus on 18:59 - Mar 12 with 2400 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 18:15 - Mar 12 by A_Fans_Dad

Are they fibbing to us?

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 18:59 - Mar 12 with 2400 viewsCountyJim

Isn't it strange it doesn't seem to effect any one under 9years of age

My Mrs was thinking perhaps its jabs kids have had in recent years that's helping
Corona Virus on 19:06 - Mar 12 with 2374 viewsdickythorpe

Keep the kids in school as long as possible. By closing them you will probably spread many of them further afield as parents are working and childcare will be an issue.
Spreading resilient kids to vulnerable grandparents living away is not ideal.
No gatherings of over 500 in Scotland is an interesting one.
Corona Virus on 19:11 - Mar 12 with 2356 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 18:59 - Mar 12 by exiledclaseboy

Are they fibbing to us?

Well that would depend on whether they actually believe what they are saying and are too thick to work out the statistics for themselves, or just outright lying.
Any idea which it is?
Corona Virus on 19:52 - Mar 12 with 2299 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 19:06 - Mar 12 by dickythorpe

Keep the kids in school as long as possible. By closing them you will probably spread many of them further afield as parents are working and childcare will be an issue.
Spreading resilient kids to vulnerable grandparents living away is not ideal.
No gatherings of over 500 in Scotland is an interesting one.

Eton are taking your advice Dick. Their plan is to self isolate the whole school and not let anyone in or out. I doubt Pentrehafod will manage that...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 20:05 - Mar 12 with 2256 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:59 - Mar 12 by CountyJim

Isn't it strange it doesn't seem to effect any one under 9years of age

My Mrs was thinking perhaps its jabs kids have had in recent years that's helping

The worst effects of the virus appear to come from the body’s immune reaction to it causing damaging inflammation. A child has a far less developed immune reaction which may mean the extreme reactions causing that inflammation just don’t happen.

They are seemingly having some success with drugs that suppress inflammation - drugs used to treat rheumatoid arthritis for example are being used is China and now in Italy. There was an interesting report on it from an institute in Naples.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024