Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437944 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 20:49 - Mar 29 with 1953 viewsOldjack

Corona Virus on 20:45 - Mar 29 by exiledclaseboy

What stories?

working to close, sanitizers are empty ,contact in lifts and stairways ,

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Corona Virus on 20:49 - Mar 29 with 1954 viewsWxmJax

Corona Virus on 20:29 - Mar 29 by exiledclaseboy

From the Guardian’s live blog.

The UK government’s effort to source 30,000 medical ventilators to treat Covid-19 patients has resulted in two major order so far, 10,000 for Dyson’s new CoVent prototype and 10,000 from a consortium called Ventilator Challenge UK, which expects to begin producing this week.

But some firms claim they could have provide medical ventilators sooner and were inexplicably snubbed. The government has this evening offered an explanation of why.

Regarding a ventilator offered by Worcester-based Gtech, a government spokesperson said the plans were rejected by the Technical Design Authority, which includes a panel of clinicians.

“Unfortunately the Gtech ventilator model did not pass the government’s stringent safety tests and we will not be proceeding further,” the spokesperson said.

A firm called Direct Access claimed to be able to import 5,000 ventilators within a week and a further 20,000 within the month. The government said the plans “did not stand up to due diligence”.

This is what confuses me.

Gtech have been told that their model doesn't pass the government's stringent safety checks so rather than sort it out the government have said go away.

BUT

they've given a 10,000 order to dyson BEFORE it's passed the same checks.

Were they given the order before they'd even sorted out the design because I read somewhere today, can't find it now, that the health ministry didn't even know they'd been ordered.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Corona Virus on 20:52 - Mar 29 with 1919 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:49 - Mar 29 by Oldjack

working to close, sanitizers are empty ,contact in lifts and stairways ,

Oh right.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 20:52 - Mar 29 with 1919 viewsDJack

I think Greyling is advising Gove at the mo...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 20:53 - Mar 29 with 1916 viewsOldjack

Corona Virus on 20:52 - Mar 29 by exiledclaseboy

Oh right.

fake news or not? ,and no bullshit ...

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Corona Virus on 21:00 - Mar 29 with 1878 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:53 - Mar 29 by Oldjack

Not for me to say mate.

Corona Virus on 21:06 - Mar 29 with 1854 viewsOldjack

Corona Virus on 21:00 - Mar 29 by exiledclaseboy

Not for me to say mate.

dear me ,stay lucky mush

Corona Virus on 21:13 - Mar 29 with 1823 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:35 - Mar 29 by Ace_Jack

Not really a pressing issue right now though is it? Probably more pressing issues for him to worry abo it, like the death rate in the USA doubling every couple of days.

That’s exactly why doing it this week was so disgraceful.

Shockingly so.

Pair of utterly self absorbed prats.

If he wasn’t tweeting about them though, he’d be tweeting about reelection. He wouldn’t be doing anything useful.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 21:27 - Mar 29 with 1788 viewsWingstandwood

Heartening and reassuring to know that two of the U.K's absolute finest are now working together ! The NHS and The British Army!

These two will serve with absolute distinction during this crisis!

Argus!

Corona Virus on 21:35 - Mar 29 with 1768 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 20:53 - Mar 29 by Oldjack

Go to any business right now (public or private) and you'll have concerns about these things and especially distancing. Ask posties if they are 2 metres apart in their delivery offices, ask supermarket staff if they feel safe.

How could anhbody be prepared for this or even have sorted things out adequately?

Asking ECB for a comment is unfair, he has rules to follow and posting something on here won't help anybody but could get him in trouble. If my wife told me things I could never post them on here because even if 100% true, putting them in the public domain puts her in breach of her contract and I expect ECB is in the same position.

Not that he needs me to defend him but fairs fair!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 21:52 - Mar 29 with 1731 viewsOldjack

Corona Virus on 21:35 - Mar 29 by Catullus

Go to any business right now (public or private) and you'll have concerns about these things and especially distancing. Ask posties if they are 2 metres apart in their delivery offices, ask supermarket staff if they feel safe.

How could anhbody be prepared for this or even have sorted things out adequately?

Asking ECB for a comment is unfair, he has rules to follow and posting something on here won't help anybody but could get him in trouble. If my wife told me things I could never post them on here because even if 100% true, putting them in the public domain puts her in breach of her contract and I expect ECB is in the same position.

Quote.. How could anhbody be prepared for this or even have sorted things out adequately?

There's been plenty of time to sort this mess out. I was told to stay home and i stayed home FROM DAY ONE,they've had a week to do the basic safe rules .People who run these bussiness ETC have a duty of care to their workers ,even more so now ,If what i've heard is true it's bloody shocking and needs sorting asap

Corona Virus on 21:52 - Mar 29 with 1730 viewslifelong

Very difficult time for children, unable to mix with their friends from school, stuck in the house for the vast majority of the day, not allowed to mingle with their grandparents, no football, swimming or other activities, if this lasts for months, as some people are stating, it could have a serious affect on their wellbeing.
Corona Virus on 21:54 - Mar 29 with 1719 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 21:35 - Mar 29 by Catullus

That’s nice of you and you’re right of course. I’d never discuss these issues in detail on a forum like this.

Corona Virus on 21:57 - Mar 29 with 1711 viewsJack_Meoff

Interesting perspective from Peter Hitchens. Check out the out the annual flu figures from around 3 minutes in.

Are we collectively burning down all of our houses due to the possibility that some may fall due to an impending hurricane?

Context of the deaths from Italy too:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-18/99-of-those-who-died-from-vir

Just furthering the conversation is all.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2020 21:59]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Corona Virus on 21:58 - Mar 29 with 1706 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 21:52 - Mar 29 by lifelong

Very difficult time for children, unable to mix with their friends from school, stuck in the house for the vast majority of the day, not allowed to mingle with their grandparents, no football, swimming or other activities, if this lasts for months, as some people are stating, it could have a serious affect on their wellbeing.

I've asked my kids to organise a regular FaceTime or WhatsApp video call with their regular chums. Not all of their respective friends have siblings or come from stable homes so it will be a good way of bringing some laughter into the days. We also had a chat around the dinner table this evening about general welfare and mindset. All ok so far but we are still in the novelty period whereby the cupboard is full of snacks and the daily lay in is seen as a treat.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 22:01 - Mar 29 with 1699 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 21:57 - Mar 29 by Jack_Meoff

Interesting perspective from Peter Hitchens. Check out the out the annual flu figures from around 3 minutes in.

Are we collectively burning down all of our houses due to the possibility that some may fall due to an impending hurricane?

Context of the deaths from Italy too:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-18/99-of-those-who-died-from-vir

Just furthering the conversation is all.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2020 21:59]

He’s a lunatic. And he’s turning into Alex Jones.

Corona Virus on 22:20 - Mar 29 with 1657 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 21:52 - Mar 29 by Oldjack

Quote.. How could anhbody be prepared for this or even have sorted things out adequately?

There's been plenty of time to sort this mess out. I was told to stay home and i stayed home FROM DAY ONE,they've had a week to do the basic safe rules .People who run these bussiness ETC have a duty of care to their workers ,even more so now ,If what i've heard is true it's bloody shocking and needs sorting asap

You seriously think a week is enough time? Just take Royal Mail, because that's what I know about. They would have to move delivery fittings and sorting fittings to be 2 metres apart, they would need people to do it who would by necessity be less than 2 metres apart but, more pertinently, they would need at least 50% more space. They have to source that space, move equipment, organise the extra transport and that also means 100% extra delivery vans so 2 people didn't have to be in one van as the current arrangements are OR arranging new insurance so people can use their own cars.

Just finding a building they can use and arranging the lease, moving equipment etc would take more than a week. Being told to stay home and doing that, it was the easy part. My wife is NHS, in her office there isn't room for everyone to be 2 metres apart and they can't work from home, what do they do, where do they go?

To put that in context, they all know the risk involved (lower than being on the wards but staff from their office are back and fore to the wards) and they all keep turning up except the one who reported symptoms and is waiting for Occy health. So what do they do? Maybe all NHS staff iun the same position should refuse to go to work?

Shall I go on? Yes lets, what about supermarket staff, those tills probably aren't 2 metres apart and customers are moving between them, where do they find the extra space from? Maybe supermarket staff should stay home?

Nobody could have been prepared for this pandemic and nobody could have sorted out everything that desperatley needs sorting in a month let alone a week.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 22:58 - Mar 29 with 1596 viewsDJack

For those interested in some background...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/mar/29/uk-strategy-to-address-pandemic

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 04:10 - Mar 30 with 1442 viewsGlyn1

Corona Virus on 17:17 - Mar 29 by DJack

I'll close my eyes and pretend it is the wife...

That excuse doesn't work. Trust me on this.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Corona Virus on 04:22 - Mar 30 with 1438 viewsGlyn1

Corona Virus on 20:25 - Mar 29 by londonlisa2001

To be fair, it’s one of the few things he’s ever said that I agree with.

Why should the US pay for their security? Or the Canadians? Or us?

Them taking a private plane down to California during a lockdown is one of the most selfish, moronic things they’ve done, which is saying something about the whole lot of them.

How many bedrooms are sitting empty In central London in their properties that could be used by essential workers isolating? Complete waste of space the whole lot of them. When the country Is looking for leaders, they’ve run away.

Harry and Meghan agree with you. Apparently they've never asked President Trump for protection.

"A spokesperson said in a statement to CNN on Sunday that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have no plans to ask the US government for security resources. Privately funded security arrangements have been made."

I'm guessing that the President was asked a hypothetical question and gave his opinion, which was distorted into fake news. Doesn't happen often.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Corona Virus on 10:05 - Mar 30 with 1302 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 04:22 - Mar 30 by Glyn1

Harry and Meghan agree with you. Apparently they've never asked President Trump for protection.

"A spokesperson said in a statement to CNN on Sunday that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have no plans to ask the US government for security resources. Privately funded security arrangements have been made."

I'm guessing that the President was asked a hypothetical question and gave his opinion, which was distorted into fake news. Doesn't happen often.

He tweeted it himself, what distortion could there be?
Corona Virus on 10:32 - Mar 30 with 1260 views3swan

Corona Virus on 22:20 - Mar 29 by Catullus

You seriously think a week is enough time? Just take Royal Mail, because that's what I know about. They would have to move delivery fittings and sorting fittings to be 2 metres apart, they would need people to do it who would by necessity be less than 2 metres apart but, more pertinently, they would need at least 50% more space. They have to source that space, move equipment, organise the extra transport and that also means 100% extra delivery vans so 2 people didn't have to be in one van as the current arrangements are OR arranging new insurance so people can use their own cars.

Just finding a building they can use and arranging the lease, moving equipment etc would take more than a week. Being told to stay home and doing that, it was the easy part. My wife is NHS, in her office there isn't room for everyone to be 2 metres apart and they can't work from home, what do they do, where do they go?

To put that in context, they all know the risk involved (lower than being on the wards but staff from their office are back and fore to the wards) and they all keep turning up except the one who reported symptoms and is waiting for Occy health. So what do they do? Maybe all NHS staff iun the same position should refuse to go to work?

Shall I go on? Yes lets, what about supermarket staff, those tills probably aren't 2 metres apart and customers are moving between them, where do they find the extra space from? Maybe supermarket staff should stay home?

Nobody could have been prepared for this pandemic and nobody could have sorted out everything that desperatley needs sorting in a month let alone a week.

I agree. Imo there are things that government businessgeneral public could have done differently but things take time to implement. Common sense and the individual are the greatest weapon against the spread. Let's all hope that innovations speed things along.
Corona Virus on 10:41 - Mar 30 with 1238 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 21:54 - Mar 29 by exiledclaseboy

That’s nice of you and you’re right of course. I’d never discuss these issues in detail on a forum like this.

Why not just point people to the news story about those in the DVLA who have complained.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/coronavirus-dvla-staff-working-swa
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 10:41]
Corona Virus on 10:49 - Mar 30 with 1221 viewsTreforys_Jack

Corona Virus on 10:41 - Mar 30 by A_Fans_Dad

Why not just point people to the news story about those in the DVLA who have complained.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/coronavirus-dvla-staff-working-swa

WOL, probably pinched the story from here.
Corona Virus on 10:54 - Mar 30 with 2058 viewsOldjack

Corona Virus on 10:41 - Mar 30 by A_Fans_Dad

just one needs to be infected and two weeks later you got another 20.000 infected

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024