Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 424832 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 00:02 - Mar 31 with 2420 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:34 - Mar 30 by hobo

UK has a mortality rate of 91% on closed cases - and our health system is nowhere near capacity, yet!
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 20:35]

No, it doesn’t.

The UK is not testing cases unless they reach hospital.

You’re commenting on a incomplete calculation.
Corona Virus on 00:06 - Mar 31 with 2408 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 21:45 - Mar 30 by hobo

I very much doubt China's figures are true also. No way did they only have 3k deaths. Which makes the worldwide fatality rate even more alarming.

No way did they have only 80,000 cases either.
Corona Virus on 05:41 - Mar 31 with 2335 viewsCaptain_Sham

https://politics.theonion.com/trump-delays-easter-to-july-15-to-keep-promise-on-

Its just a ride.

Corona Virus on 09:22 - Mar 31 with 2242 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 23:59 - Mar 30 by londonlisa2001

Not true.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davekeating/2020/03/12/italy-banned-flights-from-ch

Sorry, I can't view that link.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Italy
"On 31 January, the Italian government suspended all flights to and from China and declared a state of emergency"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_the_United_States

"President Trump imposed travel restrictions on January 31 preventing foreign nationals from entering the U.S. if they had been in China within the previous two weeks."
Corona Virus on 09:31 - Mar 31 with 2219 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 00:02 - Mar 31 by londonlisa2001

No, it doesn’t.

Not even 91% of those in ICU with Covid are dying, last I saw it was high, about 50% but the vast majority of those had other serious health problems.

Another thing, sorry if its a ferdy but that 21 yr old girl who died, she wasn't otherwise healthy as had been reported was she? I'm sure I've seen that she had a heart condition.

It's more important than ever that we don't panic and don't believe everything that we see on social media.
Likewise we probably shouldn't pay too much heed to people like Norman Tebbit!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/30/may-89-self-imposed-house-arrest-fea

Seems irresponsible to me.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 09:33 - Mar 31 with 2221 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 00:02 - Mar 31 by londonlisa2001

No, it doesn’t.

It will not be complete until after the epidemic ends all all those ill have recovered and everybody was been tested. ie in the UK, never.
It is not an indicator for the percentage with COVID19 that have died.
It is an indicator of how those who are actually monitored are doing and provides information of whether or not the medical service actions are successful or not.
It starts very high when there are many patients in ICU and not very many being released as recovered and hopefully reduces as the load on the ICUs decreases.
Corona Virus on 09:38 - Mar 31 with 2213 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 09:31 - Mar 31 by Catullus

Not even 91% of those in ICU with Covid are dying, last I saw it was high, about 50% but the vast majority of those had other serious health problems.

Another thing, sorry if its a ferdy but that 21 yr old girl who died, she wasn't otherwise healthy as had been reported was she? I'm sure I've seen that she had a heart condition.

It's more important than ever that we don't panic and don't believe everything that we see on social media.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/30/may-89-self-imposed-house-arrest-fea

It is the ratio of Dying to those declared Recovered.
In the UK with our lack of testing it is very high, the value comes from the Worldometers site here.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

It is the site that gathers the data for all the countries declaring their numbers.
Corona Virus on 09:41 - Mar 31 with 2210 viewsA_Fans_Dad

As you say the MSM is trying to lump anyone who is ill or dies in to the COVID19 numbers.
It is disgraceful and only those with the illness who have been tested should be noted.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 11:30 - Mar 31 with 2139 viewschad

Wasn’t it reported that France are not counting large numbers dying in care homes?

Agree with others that cases figures and even variations v.unreliable when testing criteria are changing / specifically targeted on those that are the most ill, especially when the largest threat of infection may well be coming from those with low or no symptoms.
Corona Virus on 12:22 - Mar 31 with 2062 viewslondonlisa2001

The 21 year old died of a heart attack and wasn’t positive for the virus. It was misreported, based, it seems, on a mistake by the initial coroner.
Corona Virus on 12:28 - Mar 31 with 2063 viewsHighjack

Don’t know if this question has been asked yet, but how long does everybody reckon people can be locked away for before tensions begin to rise? If this goes on for months and months, especially when the weather is a bit better. We’ve seen some awful behaviour in the short time already.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 13:40 - Mar 31 with 1998 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 12:28 - Mar 31 by Highjack

Don’t know if this question has been asked yet, but how long does everybody reckon people can be locked away for before tensions begin to rise? If this goes on for months and months, especially when the weather is a bit better. We’ve seen some awful behaviour in the short time already.

It's okay in our house so far.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 13:43 - Mar 31 with 1989 viewsdickythorpe

Corona Virus on 12:28 - Mar 31 by Highjack

Already been a tragedy in abergwili, woman murdered in Cwmbran.
This is tipping people
Corona Virus on 14:50 - Mar 31 with 1937 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 13:43 - Mar 31 by dickythorpe

Already been a tragedy in abergwili, woman murdered in Cwmbran.
This is tipping people

Prof Chris Witty said very early on that he was aware of the considerable impacts of asking people to stay at home for long periods and there was a need to do the right thing at the right time.
There is obviously a very difficult balancing act between containing the spread, the social and medical impacts of the containment measures and the economic impact, decisions need to be made from multiple perspectives to identify the best possible approach at any time.

Corona Virus on 16:21 - Mar 31 with 1854 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 14:50 - Mar 31 by JACKMANANDBOY

Prof Chris Witty said very early on that he was aware of the considerable impacts of asking people to stay at home for long periods and there was a need to do the right thing at the right time.
There is obviously a very difficult balancing act between containing the spread, the social and medical impacts of the containment measures and the economic impact, decisions need to be made from multiple perspectives to identify the best possible approach at any time.

When we reach 393 domestic violence deaths in a day maybe the balancing act becomes difficult, yeah.
Corona Virus on 16:34 - Mar 31 with 1827 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 16:21 - Mar 31 by jasper_T

When we reach 393 domestic violence deaths in a day maybe the balancing act becomes difficult, yeah.

How does anyone that they would not have occurred anyway?
What is the normal baseline?
Corona Virus on 16:59 - Mar 31 with 1797 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 16:34 - Mar 31 by A_Fans_Dad

How does anyone that they would not have occurred anyway?
What is the normal baseline?

France has reported something like a 33% increase in domestic violence incidents (36% in Paris) since their lockdown began.

The people trumpeting the "cure can't be worse than the disease" line are really downplaying how bad the virus is going to get, and also ignoring other benefits of the "cure" like how many fewer traffic accidents there are. The US is currently seeing significantly fewer fatalities than normal because outside New York they're still in the relatively early stages of the coronavirus progression.
Corona Virus on 18:21 - Mar 31 with 1740 viewschad

Corona Virus on 12:22 - Mar 31 by londonlisa2001

The 21 year old died of a heart attack and wasn’t positive for the virus. It was misreported, based, it seems, on a mistake by the initial coroner.

Is this correct as when going to read up on this found a report on the Spiked website - https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/03/27/chloe-middleton-the-coronavirus-death-t

But it was referring to a report in the Guardian with a link to the Guardian’s website on this - https://www.theguardian.com/info/2020/mar/28/removed-article

Which says:

This article was removed on 28 March 2020 pending review.
Corona Virus on 19:10 - Mar 31 with 1685 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:21 - Mar 31 by chad

Is this correct as when going to read up on this found a report on the Spiked website - https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/03/27/chloe-middleton-the-coronavirus-death-t

But it was referring to a report in the Guardian with a link to the Guardian’s website on this - https://www.theguardian.com/info/2020/mar/28/removed-article

Which says:

This article was removed on 28 March 2020 pending review.

I don’t think an indepth analysis is helpful?

The young woman died of a heart attack according to all media sources.

There will unfortunately be some very young people who get severely ill and, in some cases, will die. The media latching on to each one is already becoming quite ghoulish.
Corona Virus on 19:29 - Mar 31 with 1651 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Some young people are unaware of an underlying weakness. Footballers collapse and die as do other athletes and apparently very fit people. If they get covid-19 it could expose that weakness with tragic consequences.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 19:29 - Mar 31 with 1651 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 19:10 - Mar 31 by londonlisa2001

I don’t think an indepth analysis is helpful?

The young woman died of a heart attack according to all media sources.

There will unfortunately be some very young people who get severely ill and, in some cases, will die. The media latching on to each one is already becoming quite ghoulish.

The mainstream media has been sadly lacking, the questions at the daily government briefings are dire, today Give said supplies of reagent were an issue for testing not one of the stupid media students asked what capacity we have to make our own.

It makes you realise that the information we get from the mainstream media is to be treated with extreme caution.

Corona Virus on 19:54 - Mar 31 with 1613 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 19:29 - Mar 31 by JACKMANANDBOY

The mainstream media has been sadly lacking, the questions at the daily government briefings are dire, today Give said supplies of reagent were an issue for testing not one of the stupid media students asked what capacity we have to make our own.

It makes you realise that the information we get from the mainstream media is to be treated with extreme caution.

Corona Virus on 20:02 - Mar 31 with 1601 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 19:54 - Mar 31 by jasper_T

Be interesting to see what the response is, is there no reagent issue or has Preston asked the wrong question.

Edit apparently Labour MP asked the question of the industry not Peston.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 20:16]

Corona Virus on 20:24 - Mar 31 with 1572 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 20:02 - Mar 31 by JACKMANANDBOY

Be interesting to see what the response is, is there no reagent issue or has Preston asked the wrong question.

Edit apparently Labour MP asked the question of the industry not Peston.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 20:16]

They do the press conferences late in the day so that there will be no follow up or response before the evening news.
Corona Virus on 22:01 - Mar 31 with 2073 viewsmajorraglan

There’s no doubt the Government have a huge job on their hands which can’t be helped by the fact so many people are self isolating, Civil Service civil staffing levels being cut and the scale of the challenge, pretty sure there’s a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing, but there appear to be some discrepancies in what we are hearing which need to be questioned.

Why weren’t we better prepared?
Why haven’t they stopped flights from certain places?
Why aren’t we assessing people when they enter the country?
Did we change tactic?
Why did Dyson get the ventilator order?
Why has Gove made the comment re testing reagent?
What is going on with the testing?

Ineos is one of the biggest Chemical companies in Europe, it’s owned by a Brit - pretty sure they could pitch in and help out.

We need some honesty. Strikes me that the problem with the journo’s is that there’s a small pool of them and no one wants to bite the hand that feeds them so they don’t rock the boat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024