Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 425095 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 14:37 - Apr 1 with 1542 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 14:34 - Apr 1 by Jack123

Just came up 563 new deaths uk, that's hell of a jump! Were the scientists expecting this?

Yes. This will be the level or higher for the next 7-10 days towards a peak. Then hopefully measures put in place will start to see and effect
Corona Virus on 14:37 - Apr 1 with 1540 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 14:18 - Apr 1 by Thebus

Don’t understand a word of what you have written there

I'm not surprised.
Corona Virus on 14:38 - Apr 1 with 1535 viewsScotia

Just came up 563 new deaths uk, that's hell of a jump! Were the scientists expecting this?

I think it was expected. Hopefully we won't see a major increase in new cases too.
Corona Virus on 14:39 - Apr 1 with 1533 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 14:01 - Apr 1 by CountyJim

I was tested Saturday morning just had my result back positive

Ridiculous the length of time considering Bojo had his results in 6 hours pathetic

All the best Jim
Corona Virus on 14:43 - Apr 1 with 1505 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 14:50 - Apr 1 with 1471 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 14:43 - Apr 1 by jasper_T

Being more positive we should see a more shallow rise in a week or so, the US is a week behind us. 250,000 is realistic here
Corona Virus on 14:58 - Apr 1 with 1434 viewsblackswan

Why on earth are so many people still working warehouses supplying online clothes shopping not essential as are argos not essential and most construction could be postponed
Corona Virus on 15:00 - Apr 1 with 1429 viewsblackswan

Corona Virus on 14:50 - Apr 1 by Professor

Being more positive we should see a more shallow rise in a week or so, the US is a week behind us. 250,000 is realistic here

Prof 250k realistic here or did you mean usa
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 15:15 - Apr 1 with 1381 viewshobo

Corona Virus on 15:00 - Apr 1 by blackswan

Prof 250k realistic here or did you mean usa

usa
Corona Virus on 15:18 - Apr 1 with 1370 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 14:38 - Apr 1 by Scotia

I think it was expected. Hopefully we won't see a major increase in new cases too.

Infected cases are a better indicator of how the virus is spreading, sadly deaths occur later after infection.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 15:29 - Apr 1 with 1337 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 15:15 - Apr 1 by hobo

usa

Yes. 10-20k in U.K. seems a good estimate now.
Corona Virus on 15:32 - Apr 1 with 1333 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 15:18 - Apr 1 by JACKMANANDBOY

Infected cases are a better indicator of how the virus is spreading, sadly deaths occur later after infection.

It'll be difficult to establish that as we test more people, but here's hoping the real number of infected and eventually deaths will fall by this time next week.

The stats guy on the BBC reckons today's increase is less than could have been expected earlier in the outbreak and on a par with the last few days. Hope he's right.
Corona Virus on 15:42 - Apr 1 with 1299 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 15:32 - Apr 1 by Scotia

It'll be difficult to establish that as we test more people, but here's hoping the real number of infected and eventually deaths will fall by this time next week.

The stats guy on the BBC reckons today's increase is less than could have been expected earlier in the outbreak and on a par with the last few days. Hope he's right.

Yes let's hope so. Hospital admissions is another good measure.

Corona Virus on 16:08 - Apr 1 with 1232 viewsbuilthjack

Still too many companies doing very little.
Local Tesco have the 2 metre rule, but there really is not much more being done.
Local hardware supplier has all staff in packing and sending out stuff. No need.
This is happening all over the country.
I will say again about the newly self employed having to go to work to get money. They should have to. Government major blunder.
I could go on and on.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Corona Virus on 16:17 - Apr 1 with 1219 viewslifelong

Corona Virus on 14:01 - Apr 1 by CountyJim

I was tested Saturday morning just had my result back positive

Ridiculous the length of time considering Bojo had his results in 6 hours pathetic

Sorry to read this Jim.

All the best.
Corona Virus on 16:20 - Apr 1 with 1214 viewsCooperman

Our airports are still wide open. My mate has just arrived back from Hong Kong; upon arriving there on Friday he was tested for infection and questioned about his recent movements. Follow up questioning took place on his second day there. Arrived back in Heathrow today to absolutely zero control. This is another major gap in our defences.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 16:23 - Apr 1 with 1209 viewsbuilthjack

Corona Virus on 16:20 - Apr 1 by Cooperman

Our airports are still wide open. My mate has just arrived back from Hong Kong; upon arriving there on Friday he was tested for infection and questioned about his recent movements. Follow up questioning took place on his second day there. Arrived back in Heathrow today to absolutely zero control. This is another major gap in our defences.

This country's measures are awful

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Corona Virus on 16:33 - Apr 1 with 1168 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 15:29 - Apr 1 by Professor

Yes. 10-20k in U.K. seems a good estimate now.

So you agree with the figures that professor Neil Ferguson has already stated ?
Corona Virus on 16:35 - Apr 1 with 1170 viewsCountyJim

Corona Virus on 16:17 - Apr 1 by lifelong

Sorry to read this Jim.

All the best.

I'm fine cheers

Would be nice to know if i wouldn't get it again i know i still have to be careful because i got to push patients around and come home to the family

But it would put my mind at ease
Corona Virus on 17:01 - Apr 1 with 1118 viewsbuilthjack

Corona Virus on 16:35 - Apr 1 by CountyJim

I'm fine cheers

Would be nice to know if i wouldn't get it again i know i still have to be careful because i got to push patients around and come home to the family

But it would put my mind at ease

Take care Jimbo

Corona Virus on 17:02 - Apr 1 with 1115 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 15:32 - Apr 1 by Scotia

They are, apparently, doing a lot of analysis on hospital admissions, calls to 111 and so on.

The latest figures are showing ‘green shoots of improvement’ according to the scientists. Hopefully that continues and these horrific numbers will start to decline in the next week or so.

There’s a report from London School of HTM today that suggests the R0 number has moved from 2.6 to 0.68 since lockdown. That’s great news if true.
Corona Virus on 17:06 - Apr 1 with 1102 viewsThebus

Hopefully a huge percentage of the population has already been infected and have now become immune to the virus.
Only mass testing will give us the answer to that.
Corona Virus on 17:09 - Apr 1 with 1083 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:06 - Apr 1 by Thebus

Hopefully a huge percentage of the population has already been infected and have now become immune to the virus.
Only mass testing will give us the answer to that.

Although it’s undoubtedly the case that many have been infected and have recovered, almost certainly hundreds of thousands, maybe even a million or so, the chances of it being tens of millions are simply not supported by the numbers. For all the reasons that have been explained.

Just repeating it doesn’t make it true.
Corona Virus on 17:17 - Apr 1 with 1054 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 17:09 - Apr 1 by londonlisa2001

Although it’s undoubtedly the case that many have been infected and have recovered, almost certainly hundreds of thousands, maybe even a million or so, the chances of it being tens of millions are simply not supported by the numbers. For all the reasons that have been explained.

Just repeating it doesn’t make it true.

That depends on who’s model you believe.
There are many scientists/ doctors who disagree with the model that the government are following.
Corona Virus on 17:21 - Apr 1 with 1380 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 17:17 - Apr 1 by Thebus

That depends on who’s model you believe.
There are many scientists/ doctors who disagree with the model that the government are following.

Don't worry there are lots of pandemic experts on here.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024