Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
British supermarkets 10:13 - Mar 13 with 2325 viewsdickythorpe

Shouldn't they be responding here and place maximum amounts allowed of certain items?

It's greedy of them to allow the selfish to buy over the top /more than usual amounts of products.
British supermarkets on 10:30 - Mar 13 with 1539 viewsNeath_Jack

I thought that they have already done that? There was something in the news earlier in the week that the big supermarkets had put limits on things.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

British supermarkets on 10:33 - Mar 13 with 1538 viewsCatullus

Rationing has happened in some places, on some items. We plan on making our normal weekly shop tomorrow, as long as the stuff is there to buy! We will need toilet roll too

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

British supermarkets on 10:34 - Mar 13 with 1534 viewsraynor94

Item on the news yesterday, one toilet paper manufacturer in Manchester, had over 8 million rolls in reserve.

People panicking over nothing.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

British supermarkets on 10:38 - Mar 13 with 1528 viewsdickythorpe

British supermarkets on 10:30 - Mar 13 by Neath_Jack

I thought that they have already done that? There was something in the news earlier in the week that the big supermarkets had put limits on things.

There's no signs in any store I've been into.
British supermarkets on 10:39 - Mar 13 with 1524 viewsMrSwerve

British supermarkets on 10:38 - Mar 13 by dickythorpe

There's no signs in any store I've been into.

They haven't in tesco, I don't think. They should treat toilet paper like they do with painkillers...2 packs per transaction. Obviously this could still be abused, but it's a start.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

British supermarkets on 10:55 - Mar 13 with 1495 viewsNeath_Jack

British supermarkets on 10:39 - Mar 13 by MrSwerve

They haven't in tesco, I don't think. They should treat toilet paper like they do with painkillers...2 packs per transaction. Obviously this could still be abused, but it's a start.

Yeah they have...

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/tesco-supermarkets-rationing-coronavirus-stockpi

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

British supermarkets on 11:08 - Mar 13 with 1474 viewsMrSwerve

British supermarkets on 10:55 - Mar 13 by Neath_Jack

Yeah they have...

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/tesco-supermarkets-rationing-coronavirus-stockpi

Doesn't mention loo roll, though.

5 of each item as well...who would buy 5 bags of pasta on a normal week?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

British supermarkets on 11:08 - Mar 13 with 1473 viewsJack123

They were rationing in Aldis Swansea yesterday, one pack only, yet they still had nothing left.

libera nos a malo

Login to get fewer ads

British supermarkets on 11:39 - Mar 13 with 1462 viewslegoman

In my opinion, the retailers in tandem with the government should come out and say how they will get supplies to households in the event we get into an Italy style lockdown.

I believe that will calm the instances of panic.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

British supermarkets on 11:43 - Mar 13 with 1459 viewsunion_jack

British supermarkets on 10:55 - Mar 13 by Neath_Jack

Yeah they have...

Yes, Tesco’s have. I was there this morning and the checkout staff have lists - pasta being one of them. The person behind me was stocking up on nappies and formula milk.

The problem is, only one person needs to panic buy for everyone else to do the same. Otherwise you may run out yourself.

No toilet roll in Tescos Swansea by the way.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

British supermarkets on 11:50 - Mar 13 with 1447 viewsCatullus

British supermarkets on 11:39 - Mar 13 by legoman

In my opinion, the retailers in tandem with the government should come out and say how they will get supplies to households in the event we get into an Italy style lockdown.

I believe that will calm the instances of panic.

I reckon they need to up their 'click'n'collect' game. Most of us can order online, even if we need to do it for those not computer literate too. Then we drive down and pick up our supplies. If the car park is quite empty they can set up temporary pick up points, spaced out, staff taking the right precautions. I would happily pick up supplies for neighbours which I could put by back doors, give a knock and walk away. If I used hand sanitiser before picking the bags up and dropping them off it should be safe enough, hopefully if I catch it someone will do that for us.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

British supermarkets on 11:51 - Mar 13 with 1446 viewslegoman

I've just had the latest news on this subject, so please note this press release from the Retailers Trade Association:

"Because of the spread of coronavirus, supermarkets are now placing limits on the amount of essential each person can buy

Sainsbury's: 2 packets of pasta, 1 pack of toilet paper (max 24 rolls), 2 bottles of hand sanitizer

Tesco: 2 packets of pasta, 2 packs of toilet paper (max 24 rolls), 1 bottle of hand sanitizer

Lidl: 2 trumpets, 1 diving suit, 1 MIG welder, 2 plastic meerkats

Ends"

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

British supermarkets on 19:25 - Mar 13 with 1329 viewscmajack

They did this morning to my wife and i . Innocently bought 6 tins of mushy peas as per usual and when we were going through the checkout the assistant said he could only let us have 5. Haven't heard the end of it off my wife 😂. She generally eats her body weight of mushy peas 😂
British supermarkets on 19:29 - Mar 13 with 1321 viewsGlyn1

British supermarkets on 19:25 - Mar 13 by cmajack

They did this morning to my wife and i . Innocently bought 6 tins of mushy peas as per usual and when we were going through the checkout the assistant said he could only let us have 5. Haven't heard the end of it off my wife 😂. She generally eats her body weight of mushy peas 😂

Weirdly, I've begun to wonder what Americans call Toilet Rolls. Rest Room Rolls? Serious question.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

British supermarkets on 19:33 - Mar 13 with 1311 viewsexiledclaseboy

British supermarkets on 19:29 - Mar 13 by Glyn1

Weirdly, I've begun to wonder what Americans call Toilet Rolls. Rest Room Rolls? Serious question.

Toilet paper.

Poll: Tory leader

British supermarkets on 19:35 - Mar 13 with 1303 viewsdickythorpe

John roll
British supermarkets on 20:04 - Mar 13 with 1273 viewsNeath_Jack

Toothpaste.

British supermarkets on 20:10 - Mar 13 with 1263 viewsWxmJax

Went to Costco in Chester this evening. Usually quiet on a Friday evening but it was manic, people buying those blue rolls instead of toilet rolls
Never seen the shelves so empty of things.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 20:11]

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

British supermarkets on 20:11 - Mar 13 with 1258 viewsBrynCartwright

Tesco Bont out of Paracetamol today. Had to go to the chemist, and they only had 3 packs left.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

British supermarkets on 20:24 - Mar 13 with 1225 viewscentrestandswan

Album sales gone through the roof.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

British supermarkets on 22:00 - Mar 13 with 1155 viewsCooperman

Should I expect trouble tomorrow when I nip to Tesco for copious amounts of Staropramen and Monster Munch?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

British supermarkets on 22:45 - Mar 13 with 1116 viewsJack123

British supermarkets on 22:00 - Mar 13 by Cooperman

Should I expect trouble tomorrow when I nip to Tesco for copious amounts of Staropramen and Monster Munch?

Hmm, once I see alcohol mentioned, I keep thinking of this min price per unit, could not have come at a worse time, i think, especially if pubs close, go down the supermarket and pay double the price, thanks for fck all welsh assembly, got to be one of the worst decisions ever made in my book, If it was England as well fair enough!

And the cheeky kuntz say moderate drinkers will only notice a few pennies increase, yeah right if you drink one bottle of beer a week.

libera nos a malo

British supermarkets on 22:48 - Mar 13 with 1112 viewsDr_Winston

British supermarkets on 22:45 - Mar 13 by Jack123

Hmm, once I see alcohol mentioned, I keep thinking of this min price per unit, could not have come at a worse time, i think, especially if pubs close, go down the supermarket and pay double the price, thanks for fck all welsh assembly, got to be one of the worst decisions ever made in my book, If it was England as well fair enough!

And the cheeky kuntz say moderate drinkers will only notice a few pennies increase, yeah right if you drink one bottle of beer a week.

£9.99 for a bottle of house rum in Aldi/Lidl. Now £13 odd.

Thanks a f*cking bunch Senedd.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

British supermarkets on 22:48 - Mar 13 with 1108 viewswestside

checkout operators are going to get it touching everybodies shopping and people queuing up
British supermarkets on 22:49 - Mar 13 with 1107 viewsbuilthjack

Tesco tonight was crazy.
No toilet roll, pasta, beans tinned tomato, flour, bread, longlife milk, and lots of other stuff.
People are stocking up. It's expected.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024