Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? 16:46 - Mar 14 with 6872 viewsTimTtam

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 16:57 - Mar 14 with 5302 viewsCatullus

If they roll the points over how can they hand out prize money? Surely they have to finish the season?
Maybe they need to wait until the emergency is over and then decide. After all, what if this situation stops all sports for another 6 months? Nobody knows how long it will last.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 17:09 - Mar 14 with 5290 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 16:57 - Mar 14 by Catullus

If they roll the points over how can they hand out prize money? Surely they have to finish the season?
Maybe they need to wait until the emergency is over and then decide. After all, what if this situation stops all sports for another 6 months? Nobody knows how long it will last.

We don't have many players left after 30th June do we?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 20:29 - Mar 14 with 5208 viewssherpajacob

Results null and void.

If we'd done the double over cardiff it would have been complete the season or use results to date to determine final positions.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 05:40 - Mar 15 with 5118 viewsTimTtam

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 16:57 - Mar 14 by Catullus

If it gets delayed as long as that then continuing the season would be the way to go. It would also give teams a long offseason and give a lot of space for international football. But if lets say we were ready by July, having 10 games and playoffs takes us to September, then players need at least 4 weeks off (maybe more), and then we start in October for the 2020/21 season.

Also the issue with continuing the season is that players' contracts and loan deals will be up, with potentially no transfer window. Our squad would be that worst-case scenario team I gave a few weeks ago.

I also wonder what happens with parachute payments. If our 3rd installment is given near the end of this year when the season continues, we're f*cked for the 2021/22 season. If they don't give any PP then we're also f*cked. If they give us our 2nd PP again of 35M then we along with recent ex-PL teams get a massive financial advantage.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 5:42]

My name is Matt

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 11:19 - Mar 15 with 5014 viewsBadlands

2019 season runs into 2020-21.
A)
If there is no further (seasonal) Corvid-19 problem
For one season only the EFL follows A Scottish style approach with each league splitting in to to decide final placings.
B)
If there is further (seasonal) Corvid-19 problem
Switch to summer league with a long winter break.
3)
If there is continuous Corvid-19 problem and vaccine abandon league football for a season.
4)
If there is continuous Corvid-19 problem and no vaccine.
Carry on as normal and let things take their course.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 12:01 - Mar 15 with 4990 viewsPozuelosSideys

Continue the season asap. EFL clubs cant afford to not have the income streams. Lots of clubs will go to the wall.

As an aside - player contracts, most of them expire and have been budgeted to June 30th right? (correct me if im wrong). So what if the season goes on beyond that? Will players refuse to play?Eg if your team is doing well for promo/PL then chances are players will want to hang around. But i bet for most other clubs, players will be looking to walk away the day the contract expires as clubs wont be able to pay them no?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 13:17 - Mar 15 with 4940 viewsthornabyswan

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 12:01 - Mar 15 by PozuelosSideys

Continue the season asap. EFL clubs cant afford to not have the income streams. Lots of clubs will go to the wall.

As an aside - player contracts, most of them expire and have been budgeted to June 30th right? (correct me if im wrong). So what if the season goes on beyond that? Will players refuse to play?Eg if your team is doing well for promo/PL then chances are players will want to hang around. But i bet for most other clubs, players will be looking to walk away the day the contract expires as clubs wont be able to pay them no?

If the season is not completed by the 30th June then it needs to be null and void.

So 9 games plus 3 play off matches if the season has not restarted by the middle of May at the latest it needs to be scrapped.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 15:03 - Mar 15 with 4866 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I wonder if the players will take a pay cut to help their clubs going bankrupt. After all if they are not playing why get full pay.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 15:41 - Mar 15 with 4859 viewsTimTtam

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 15:03 - Mar 15 by felixstowe_jack

I wonder if the players will take a pay cut to help their clubs going bankrupt. After all if they are not playing why get full pay.

Players in League 2 are on ok money, but it's not great. Losing a portion of their salary could cause issues for many players.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 15:42]

My name is Matt

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 18:44 - Mar 15 with 4782 viewsGlyn1

I think that they ended the season a week earlier than they needed to, given the medical advice that we're still in the early stages, but it was an understandable decision.

Play the matches behind closed doors twice a week, and delay the start of next season for a couple of months if necessary. Cancel the League Cup and Europa Cup (and Champions League?) for next season to provide more days for fixtures, and probably abolish the February break for the Premier League.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 18:45 - Mar 15 with 4778 viewsGlyn1

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 13:17 - Mar 15 by thornabyswan

If the season is not completed by the 30th June then it needs to be null and void.

So 9 games plus 3 play off matches if the season has not restarted by the middle of May at the latest it needs to be scrapped.

Scrap all the Play-Off Matches - whoever finishes 3rd is promoted automatically. Obviously that won't be us as we're too far back.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 18:46]

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 19:34 - Mar 15 with 4747 viewsPentyrchJack

I see that tasty Kazz Brady who runs West Ham is arguing for the PL season to be declared null and void. She would of course as Hammers are close to the drop after another crap season.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 20:25 - Mar 15 with 4697 viewsCatullus

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 18:44 - Mar 15 by Glyn1

I think that they ended the season a week earlier than they needed to, given the medical advice that we're still in the early stages, but it was an understandable decision.

Play the matches behind closed doors twice a week, and delay the start of next season for a couple of months if necessary. Cancel the League Cup and Europa Cup (and Champions League?) for next season to provide more days for fixtures, and probably abolish the February break for the Premier League.

I suggested elsewhere that Sky, Virgin etc could land a PR coup by showing all games live (even the Saturday 3pm games) for the duration of this. Play all the games in empty stadia. It would add some normality to life but still protect fans, stewards and other matchday workers.
During this crisis any good thing would give people a boost. Keeping sports going in as safe a way as possible would surely help us through this.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 20:29 - Mar 15 with 4692 viewsGlyn1

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 15:03 - Mar 15 by felixstowe_jack

That was exactly the argument of the coal mine owners back in the 19th century / 20th century when they regularly laid miners off. I'm a bit surprised that you agree with them.

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 20:32 - Mar 15 with 4689 viewsGlyn1

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 20:25 - Mar 15 by Catullus

I suggested elsewhere that Sky, Virgin etc could land a PR coup by showing all games live (even the Saturday 3pm games) for the duration of this. Play all the games in empty stadia. It would add some normality to life but still protect fans, stewards and other matchday workers.
During this crisis any good thing would give people a boost. Keeping sports going in as safe a way as possible would surely help us through this.

Great idea. But won't work for me as I can only watch the games in pubs, which will probably all be closed down.

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 21:52 - Mar 15 with 4644 viewsCatullus

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 20:32 - Mar 15 by Glyn1

Great idea. But won't work for me as I can only watch the games in pubs, which will probably all be closed down.

Where there's a will there's a way!

What if they were persuaded to put the sports on the internet for a small fee for non subscribers. £5 per month to watch all the football.

It'll never happen but maybe it should.

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 22:02 - Mar 15 with 4636 viewspencoedjack

I work for a orthopaedic company who loan kits to hospitals for routine surgery, hope I’m not asked to take a pay cut.

Same is going to apply for millions of people up & down the country.
Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 22:07 - Mar 15 with 4628 viewsCatullus

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 22:02 - Mar 15 by pencoedjack

I work for a orthopaedic company who loan kits to hospitals for routine surgery, hope I’m not asked to take a pay cut.

Same is going to apply for millions of people up & down the country.

Thye've cancelled all elective surgery and it could be for months, I wish you all the best and honestly, this is where the government needs to take strong action.

Mnushin seems to think the USA economy won't suffer too much during this but how can the worldwide economy not be hit hard?

I hope we aren't heading for 1930's style crash.

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 22:23 - Mar 15 with 4605 viewspencoedjack

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 22:07 - Mar 15 by Catullus

Thye've cancelled all elective surgery and it could be for months, I wish you all the best and honestly, this is where the government needs to take strong action.

Mnushin seems to think the USA economy won't suffer too much during this but how can the worldwide economy not be hit hard?

I hope we aren't heading for 1930's style crash.

Think we are ....

The company I work for is a US company.

Worrying times
Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 05:48 - Mar 16 with 4410 viewssainthelens

Until a vaccine is found, I honestly think literally everything will now be on hold for at least 12 months. That maybe a bold prediction, but can you really see any other outcome?
Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 06:14 - Mar 16 with 4404 viewsTimTtam

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 19:34 - Mar 15 by PentyrchJack

I see that tasty Kazz Brady who runs West Ham is arguing for the PL season to be declared null and void. She would of course as Hammers are close to the drop after another crap season.

A key figure at Brighton (the chairman I think) also said the season should be null and void. No bias present at all...

The EPL hold all the power unfortunately. If enough struggling clubs are in favour of either restarting the league or promoting Leeds & West Brom for a 22-team comp, it will happen.

My name is Matt

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 07:07 - Mar 16 with 4380 viewsFireboy2

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 06:14 - Mar 16 by TimTtam

A key figure at Brighton (the chairman I think) also said the season should be null and void. No bias present at all...

The EPL hold all the power unfortunately. If enough struggling clubs are in favour of either restarting the league or promoting Leeds & West Brom for a 22-team comp, it will happen.

What about fulham, forest, brentford etc?

They would sue if west brom and leeds went up.
Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 07:38 - Mar 16 with 4366 viewsladyjack

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 05:48 - Mar 16 by sainthelens

Until a vaccine is found, I honestly think literally everything will now be on hold for at least 12 months. That maybe a bold prediction, but can you really see any other outcome?

It would not surprise me.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 7:53]
Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 07:53 - Mar 16 with 4361 viewsTimTtam

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 07:07 - Mar 16 by Fireboy2

What about fulham, forest, brentford etc?

They would sue if west brom and leeds went up.

They definitely would. So would League 1 & 2 clubs who are close to promotion.

I'm not a fan of that 22-team PL option at all, but it's being discussed more and more in the media.

My name is Matt

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 10:39 - Mar 16 with 4287 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Play the remaining fixtures asap and where both teams in each match finish in positions which mean they would play each other next season, make the result count for both this season and next season.

Leeds and West Brom would have a lot of fixtures to catch up on very quickly next season but they would take that over a null and void season and no promotion.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024