Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very bold statement from Boris 17:58 - Mar 16 with 7736 views1983

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said everyone in the UK should now avoid "non-essential" travel and contact with others to fight coronavirus.

He said people should work from home where possible, as part of a range of stringent new measures.

Some on here will still bang on about season ticket refunds

Very bold statement from Boris on 18:57 - Mar 16 with 1024 viewsDarran

Very bold statement from Boris on 18:53 - Mar 16 by Neath_Jack

Colour me surprised that Trampie is still here trolling over something he clearly doesn't grasp.

The only baffling thing is that people are still entertaining his nonsense.

Stop bullying her and being so hateful she can reply to whoever she wants.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:00 - Mar 16 with 1014 viewslegoman

Very bold statement from Boris on 18:21 - Mar 16 by ladyjack

Other countries are closing their borders, their airports, their bars, museums, restaurants, cinemas, places of worship, sporting events, schools, gyms, swimming pools etc etc
In our case it might well have to happen down the line but Boris plan is still basically doing next to nothing.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 18:24]

If you are that p*seed off why not isolate yourself and give us all a break.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:01 - Mar 16 with 1007 viewsladyjack

Very bold statement from Boris on 18:57 - Mar 16 by Gwyn737

That’s interesting. I work in a school in England and we’ve had nowt. Could be that different areas are going to move at different pace?

Is Boris still resisting calls to close them ?
Very bold statement from Boris on 19:04 - Mar 16 with 991 viewsGwyn737

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:01 - Mar 16 by ladyjack

Is Boris still resisting calls to close them ?

It’s still on the table for the future but at the moment it’s very much business as usual. I’d expect we’ll start to see some individual closures depending on circumstance.
Very bold statement from Boris on 19:05 - Mar 16 with 986 viewssainthelens

Very bold statement from Boris on 18:57 - Mar 16 by Gwyn737

That’s interesting. I work in a school in England and we’ve had nowt. Could be that different areas are going to move at different pace?

Not 100 per cent set in stone. But a meeting was had and the outcome was....very likely.
Very bold statement from Boris on 19:07 - Mar 16 with 981 viewslondonlisa2001

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:00 - Mar 16 by legoman

If you are that p*seed off why not isolate yourself and give us all a break.

Innit.

Bloody hell. We’re a nation of infants it seems.

“Don’t go to the pub”.

“He hasn’t actually shut the pubs. I don’t know what to do”.
Very bold statement from Boris on 19:10 - Mar 16 with 966 viewsladyjack

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:04 - Mar 16 by Gwyn737

It’s still on the table for the future but at the moment it’s very much business as usual. I’d expect we’ll start to see some individual closures depending on circumstance.

I think you will probably be right, any signs yet of parents keeping their children at home because of the Coronavirus ?
Very bold statement from Boris on 19:18 - Mar 16 with 933 viewsGwyn737

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:10 - Mar 16 by ladyjack

I think you will probably be right, any signs yet of parents keeping their children at home because of the Coronavirus ?

It really depends on the profile of the families. I’m my place it’s just been a handful where there are family members who are vulnerable due to illness or age.

The school down the road has 54 kids out of 400 off today and 4 teachers self isolating.

At the moment it’s a bit like a very serious version of a ‘snow day’. Parents who work are screaming for us to stay open and those who don’t screaming for us to shut.

One parent emailed me today to say she would hold me directly responsible if her child caught the virus and died because I wouldn’t shut the school.
Login to get fewer ads

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:20 - Mar 16 with 925 viewslondonlisa2001

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:18 - Mar 16 by Gwyn737

It really depends on the profile of the families. I’m my place it’s just been a handful where there are family members who are vulnerable due to illness or age.

The school down the road has 54 kids out of 400 off today and 4 teachers self isolating.

At the moment it’s a bit like a very serious version of a ‘snow day’. Parents who work are screaming for us to stay open and those who don’t screaming for us to shut.

One parent emailed me today to say she would hold me directly responsible if her child caught the virus and died because I wouldn’t shut the school.

Do you happen to know how many parents you have who work in essential services? NHS, police, transport, bin collections, food shops etc?
Very bold statement from Boris on 19:21 - Mar 16 with 919 viewsexiledclaseboy

Johnson has the haunted look of a man way out of his depth. It wasn’t supposed to be like this for him.

Poll: Tory leader

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:22 - Mar 16 with 916 viewscontroversial_jack

Very bold statement from Boris on 18:44 - Mar 16 by ladyjack

Not testing NHS workers is criminal.

When should they be tested<? If they have symptoms, which will be too late, or at the end of every shift?
Very bold statement from Boris on 19:24 - Mar 16 with 903 viewslondonlisa2001

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:21 - Mar 16 by exiledclaseboy

Johnson has the haunted look of a man way out of his depth. It wasn’t supposed to be like this for him.

To be fair, every world leader has exactly the same look.

They’re on an absolute hiding to nothing.

Obviously Trump doesn’t, as he’s got a huge scientific brain - it’s amazing how much he understands apparently. A genius some would say.
Very bold statement from Boris on 19:28 - Mar 16 with 886 viewsGwyn737

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:20 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

Do you happen to know how many parents you have who work in essential services? NHS, police, transport, bin collections, food shops etc?

They’ve not defined what is defined as a key worker.

Modelled scenarios based on there being about 25% of the population in public services and will go from there. It could be that we suspend the curriculum and act as childcare if it gets to it.
Very bold statement from Boris on 19:37 - Mar 16 with 860 viewslondonlisa2001

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:28 - Mar 16 by Gwyn737

They’ve not defined what is defined as a key worker.

Modelled scenarios based on there being about 25% of the population in public services and will go from there. It could be that we suspend the curriculum and act as childcare if it gets to it.

Public services though won’t pick up people who work in getting food to the public, which is certainly a key worker at the moment. Or delivery drivers, who have one of the most important roles of all in getting stuff to the elderly and vulnerable.

The Impact of closing schools Is so severe that I would think they’d do it as late as they can.

It’d be interesting to know whether other countries that have shut schools have the same level of ‘both parents working’ as we do. No idea.
Very bold statement from Boris on 19:39 - Mar 16 with 849 viewsexiledclaseboy

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:37 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

Public services though won’t pick up people who work in getting food to the public, which is certainly a key worker at the moment. Or delivery drivers, who have one of the most important roles of all in getting stuff to the elderly and vulnerable.

The Impact of closing schools Is so severe that I would think they’d do it as late as they can.

It’d be interesting to know whether other countries that have shut schools have the same level of ‘both parents working’ as we do. No idea.

Speaking of food deliveries, the earliest available delivery slot with Tesco today is Sunday 29 March. People are tw@ts. Selfish tw@ts. Rationing is inevitable the way things are going.

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:43 - Mar 16 with 830 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Isolation, 7 days for a single person or 14 days for a family.
Let's look at a hypothetical family of 4, all with different immune systems, the older you get the less effective it is. The really odd thing with COV 19 is that the lower the immune system the longer symptoms take to appear.
A child of 12 comes home from school and shows symptoms, they self isolate and it takes another 7 days to fully come out.
He infects his 20 year brother on days 7, but not his parents, the brother takes 14 days for it fully appear and he infects mum on day 10, but not dad.
Mum who has low immunity takes 20 days for it to show up, but when it does it is very bad.
On day 15 she infects dad who also has a poor immune system and develops pneumonia and is ill for 25 days.
So we have 7 + 10 + 15 + 25 days when the infection could be spread.
ie 47 days in total.
Isolation has to start when the first person gets it and the last person is clear.
How do they know when they are clear without tests, apparently the woman in Japan is still testing positive 2 weeks after being cleared.

Is my logic incorrect?
Very bold statement from Boris on 19:44 - Mar 16 with 825 viewsswan65split

They havent a clue what to and are just waffling, this is only the tip, theres bigger issues to follow along with the virus, shortage of loo paper! Boris is hoarding it as he"ll be shitting himself in a few months, wonder who he"ll blame then/
Very bold statement from Boris on 19:45 - Mar 16 with 822 views1983

Exactly this what part of slowing it down don't people understand ?

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:46 - Mar 16 with 810 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Very bold statement from Boris on 18:39 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

It must be hard for you, yes.

If the government stand there one week and say that they will introduce distancing at the right time for the country, and then at a later date introduce distancing, it’s not a u turn, it’s exactly what they said they’d do. They have no time indication last week, they said they’d base it on the information.

The advice is 7 days for an individual, as before. It’s 14 days for a household as it’s 7 days for the first case, and 7 days for the others who may have caught it in that 7 days. They explained that twice, they didn’t take trolls into consideration.

The reason they’ve asked people not to go rather than shut the places they go to is because they think people will resent it less and therefore stick to it for longer. If they don’t stick to it, they’ll use the law instead.
It’s not difficult to understand.

No it's very easy to understand, well be locked down very soon. France is now locked down.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:48 - Mar 16 with 803 views1983

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:39 - Mar 16 by exiledclaseboy

Speaking of food deliveries, the earliest available delivery slot with Tesco today is Sunday 29 March. People are tw@ts. Selfish tw@ts. Rationing is inevitable the way things are going.

Villages idiots and village menatlity

I called into my Tesco express yesterday bog roll, pasta, tins of beans, paracetamol,

Whatever you wanted no problem

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:50 - Mar 16 with 795 viewsGwyn737

Nor me. What I do know is that schools don’t want to shut despite what many think.

There’s been a bit of a clamour as there would seem to be a natural break by tagging some of the time onto the Easter holidays. Although it could be convenient, it doesn’t (currently) look helpful.
Very bold statement from Boris on 19:50 - Mar 16 with 794 viewsladyjack

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:43 - Mar 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Isolation, 7 days for a single person or 14 days for a family.
Let's look at a hypothetical family of 4, all with different immune systems, the older you get the less effective it is. The really odd thing with COV 19 is that the lower the immune system the longer symptoms take to appear.
A child of 12 comes home from school and shows symptoms, they self isolate and it takes another 7 days to fully come out.
He infects his 20 year brother on days 7, but not his parents, the brother takes 14 days for it fully appear and he infects mum on day 10, but not dad.
Mum who has low immunity takes 20 days for it to show up, but when it does it is very bad.
On day 15 she infects dad who also has a poor immune system and develops pneumonia and is ill for 25 days.
So we have 7 + 10 + 15 + 25 days when the infection could be spread.
ie 47 days in total.
Isolation has to start when the first person gets it and the last person is clear.
How do they know when they are clear without tests, apparently the woman in Japan is still testing positive 2 weeks after being cleared.

Is my logic incorrect?

Boris plan will infect whole families, China's perceived successful plan did not.
Very bold statement from Boris on 19:52 - Mar 16 with 784 viewsexiledclaseboy

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:48 - Mar 16 by 1983

Villages idiots and village menatlity

I called into my Tesco express yesterday bog roll, pasta, tins of beans, paracetamol,

Whatever you wanted no problem

The small shops are pretty well stocked cos people are converging on supermarkets like starving locusts. I went to one in Clase earlier after work and it had pretty much everything.

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:54 - Mar 16 with 776 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:45 - Mar 16 by 1983

Exactly this what part of slowing it down don't people understand ?

Which part of slowing it down do you not understand. Because no-one knows if they have it or not.
All those children spreading it amongst themselves in school, a bit like a cruise ship, infecting the teachers and then going home to infect anybody else they come in contact with.
Is that the sort of slowing down you mean?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 19:55]
Very bold statement from Boris on 19:55 - Mar 16 with 766 viewslondonlisa2001

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:52 - Mar 16 by exiledclaseboy

The small shops are pretty well stocked cos people are converging on supermarkets like starving locusts. I went to one in Clase earlier after work and it had pretty much everything.

It’s the same in London.

Small expresses and locals have better stock than the big stores. By a mile.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024