Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very bold statement from Boris 17:58 - Mar 16 with 7737 views1983

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said everyone in the UK should now avoid "non-essential" travel and contact with others to fight coronavirus.

He said people should work from home where possible, as part of a range of stringent new measures.

Some on here will still bang on about season ticket refunds

Very bold statement from Boris on 20:36 - Mar 16 with 1085 viewsjack2jack

Very bold statement from Boris on 20:27 - Mar 16 by Garyjack

My cousin is a manager in Fforsetfach, and he informed me that people have booked almost daily deliveries several weeks in advance. Selfish tvvats indeed.

Have managers and the like been given advice from their head offices about rationing/restricting how much food folk can buy/get delivered?
Be interesting to know what the guidance is ATM.
Very bold statement from Boris on 20:38 - Mar 16 with 1080 viewsEbo

We are having a trial remote desktop workday tomorrow in case one of us has to isolate. I really hope it does not come to that but I suspect it may will.

I feel sorry for those in professions where it is impossible to do so and more needs to be done to protect them.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Very bold statement from Boris on 20:41 - Mar 16 with 1065 viewsGaryjack

Very bold statement from Boris on 20:31 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

There must be a way that Tesco can stop that happening?

Everyone including business has been taken by surprise by this and obviously nothing is in place to stop it as there was never a need previously. I believe they are planning on upping the minimum spend.
Very bold statement from Boris on 20:45 - Mar 16 with 1040 viewsGwyn737

Very bold statement from Boris on 20:03 - Mar 16 by Catullus

Our sons school has today cancelled all after school clubs, stopped having assemblies. Is this the lead up to schools shutting?

That’s a precaution taken by an individual school - could be many reasons why they’ve made that call. There’s no central guidance that you have to do it.
Very bold statement from Boris on 20:46 - Mar 16 with 1027 viewssainthelens

If anyone wants a glimpse into the future, The Walking Dead is on at 9.
Very bold statement from Boris on 20:46 - Mar 16 with 1023 viewsGaryjack

Very bold statement from Boris on 20:36 - Mar 16 by jack2jack

Have managers and the like been given advice from their head offices about rationing/restricting how much food folk can buy/get delivered?
Be interesting to know what the guidance is ATM.

Nothing they can do about the ones already booked mate as there were no restrictions.
Very bold statement from Boris on 20:49 - Mar 16 with 993 viewslondonlisa2001

Very bold statement from Boris on 20:38 - Mar 16 by Ebo

We are having a trial remote desktop workday tomorrow in case one of us has to isolate. I really hope it does not come to that but I suspect it may will.

I feel sorry for those in professions where it is impossible to do so and more needs to be done to protect them.

100% this.

It is crucial that the government promises NOW that no one will lose put financially if they are not able to go to work. And no small companies will go under because of the next few months as well,
Very bold statement from Boris on 20:51 - Mar 16 with 977 viewslondonlisa2001

Very bold statement from Boris on 20:41 - Mar 16 by Garyjack

Everyone including business has been taken by surprise by this and obviously nothing is in place to stop it as there was never a need previously. I believe they are planning on upping the minimum spend.

The problem with the minimum spend is how it affects older people, many of whom live on their own and can’t get through £50 of food let alone afford it.

They surely could bring in a one delivery per address per fortnight (for example). And share info to stop people doing one from Tesco, one from Sainsbury etc etc.
Login to get fewer ads

Very bold statement from Boris on 20:53 - Mar 16 with 972 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Very bold statement from Boris on 20:49 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

100% this.

It is crucial that the government promises NOW that no one will lose put financially if they are not able to go to work. And no small companies will go under because of the next few months as well,

My assumption is that the economic support is coming, but you would not include that in todays announcement. It would also take a huge amount of work to put together.

Forget the budget!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Very bold statement from Boris on 20:53 - Mar 16 with 973 viewsLeonWasGod

Very bold statement from Boris on 18:24 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

He hasn’t u turned and the advice on 7 days and 14 days is unchanged.

You obviously also didn’t understand the message on testing.

Or on the measures introduced today.

He has.

Self-isolation of the individual showing symptoms only to whole household.
7 day period increased to 14 days
Business as usual to WFH if possible
No social distancing to social distancing

We are slowly aligning with other countries.
Very bold statement from Boris on 20:53 - Mar 16 with 972 viewsGwyn737

100% this.

I see France has committed to no business failing Whatever the size.
Very bold statement from Boris on 20:54 - Mar 16 with 967 viewsbennytheblue

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:54 - Mar 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Which part of slowing it down do you not understand. Because no-one knows if they have it or not.
All those children spreading it amongst themselves in school, a bit like a cruise ship, infecting the teachers and then going home to infect anybody else they come in contact with.
Is that the sort of slowing down you mean?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 19:55]

Do you know why the problem is so bad in Italy? One of the main reasons is they shut the schools too early, parents carried on working and the kids went to stay with grandparents. Kids are the carriers of this showing no symptoms, they then passed it on to to the oldies. Average age of those who died was 81. Also many families co habit with grandparents in Italy, making it even worse.
The kids are ok, just leave them where they are, there parents can stay working then also. No doubt there will be a week or two added to Easter anyway which might ease the situation.
Very bold statement from Boris on 20:54 - Mar 16 with 968 viewsEbo

100% this.

I caught a soundbite today about Virgin Atlantic telling employees they have to take x amount of week unpaid leave. Gobsmacked.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Very bold statement from Boris on 21:00 - Mar 16 with 942 viewsjack_lord

Very bold statement from Boris on 20:27 - Mar 16 by Garyjack

My cousin is a manager in Fforsetfach, and he informed me that people have booked almost daily deliveries several weeks in advance. Selfish tvvats indeed.

Thing is that if they have no stock when the pickers go to collect their shopping from the shelves then they won't get special treatment because they ordered it.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Very bold statement from Boris on 21:00 - Mar 16 with 940 viewsNeath_Jack

Very bold statement from Boris on 20:53 - Mar 16 by LeonWasGod

He has.

He really hasn't.

This is what is referred to in my business as a "moving feast".

You change controls to suit the conditions, it's not a U turn in the slightest.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Very bold statement from Boris on 21:00 - Mar 16 with 939 viewsLeonWasGod

Very bold statement from Boris on 20:54 - Mar 16 by Ebo

I caught a soundbite today about Virgin Atlantic telling employees they have to take x amount of week unpaid leave. Gobsmacked.

I’d be equally gobsmacked if the govt helped financially. 20% of our workforce lacks any employer safeguards. No way they’ll agree to help all of those people, let alone employees like those in Virgin (maybe a loan at a push). Their whole approach so far is self responsibility- each to their own and good luck.
Very bold statement from Boris on 21:04 - Mar 16 with 919 viewslondonlisa2001

Very bold statement from Boris on 20:53 - Mar 16 by LeonWasGod

He has.

I don’t mean the advice has not developed. It has, massively. I mean the bit about whether someone is infectious for 7 days or 14 days hasn’t changed. That’s stayed the same. And it’s not a u turn to gradually introduce more measures. It’s what they said they’d do,
Very bold statement from Boris on 21:11 - Mar 16 with 879 viewsthornabyswan

Very bold statement from Boris on 21:00 - Mar 16 by LeonWasGod

I’d be equally gobsmacked if the govt helped financially. 20% of our workforce lacks any employer safeguards. No way they’ll agree to help all of those people, let alone employees like those in Virgin (maybe a loan at a push). Their whole approach so far is self responsibility- each to their own and good luck.

The EU used to protect against this kind of thing maybe they could help out

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Very bold statement from Boris on 21:11 - Mar 16 with 878 viewsLeonWasGod

Very bold statement from Boris on 21:04 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

I don’t mean the advice has not developed. It has, massively. I mean the bit about whether someone is infectious for 7 days or 14 days hasn’t changed. That’s stayed the same. And it’s not a u turn to gradually introduce more measures. It’s what they said they’d do,

Hmm. We’ve been following the self-isolation advice for one of our kids. It was definitely 7 days just a day ago. But yeah, it’s certainly developed.
Very bold statement from Boris on 21:15 - Mar 16 with 861 viewslondonlisa2001

Very bold statement from Boris on 20:54 - Mar 16 by Ebo

It’s disgusting.

I won’t use any of his companies again for anything if I can help it.

He’s worth about $4bn. And the poor sods on £16k are supposed to subsidise him.
Very bold statement from Boris on 21:16 - Mar 16 with 857 viewslifelong

I am in a similar situation to many other grandparents, I am in my 70’s, as is my wife, we have our grandson 2, sometimes, 3 days a week.
We take him to school and pick him up and he normally stays with us at least one night a week, my daughter and her husband work and would find it very difficult should one of them not do so.
Very bold statement from Boris on 21:17 - Mar 16 with 849 viewslondonlisa2001

Very bold statement from Boris on 21:11 - Mar 16 by LeonWasGod

Hmm. We’ve been following the self-isolation advice for one of our kids. It was definitely 7 days just a day ago. But yeah, it’s certainly developed.

It’s still 7 for an individual. It’s 14 now for a household to cover infection from one to another.

A single person living on their own is still 7 days.
Very bold statement from Boris on 21:18 - Mar 16 with 840 viewsNeath_Jack

Very bold statement from Boris on 21:16 - Mar 16 by lifelong

I am in a similar situation to many other grandparents, I am in my 70’s, as is my wife, we have our grandson 2, sometimes, 3 days a week.
We take him to school and pick him up and he normally stays with us at least one night a week, my daughter and her husband work and would find it very difficult should one of them not do so.

That has to change, they cannot expect you to, even if you want to, carry on with that arrangement. Peoples lives matter more than wealth.

You need to seriously reconsider that mate.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 21:20]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Very bold statement from Boris on 21:53 - Mar 16 with 782 views3swan

Very bold statement from Boris on 20:30 - Mar 16 by Garyjack

Fair play to you Clive, you were bang on the money with this one!

Reply Behind closed doors
at 19:11 12 Mar 2020

It will all depend on the rules concerning help for businesses and when or if it's implemented

We have 4 home games left (excluding play off )

Luton on Wed 18th March

Sheff Wed on Sat 4th April

Leeds on Mon 13th April

Bristol City on Sat 25th April

I'd be surprised if we don't complete them as usual.

Thanks Gary, nearly got away with it . Didn't think the powers would make decisions that quickly
Very bold statement from Boris on 22:32 - Mar 16 with 702 viewslegoman

Meanwhile in Los Angeles, there are massive queues at gun stores.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024