Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very bold statement from Boris 17:58 - Mar 16 with 7745 views1983

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said everyone in the UK should now avoid "non-essential" travel and contact with others to fight coronavirus.

He said people should work from home where possible, as part of a range of stringent new measures.

Some on here will still bang on about season ticket refunds

Very bold statement from Boris on 11:14 - Mar 17 with 857 views1983

Very bold statement from Boris on 11:07 - Mar 17 by ladyjack

The Government are u-turning all the time, so it's difficult to predict what they will do next, they have wasted weeks on the herd immunity plan, I think they will abandon that now but if they continue down that route I think two words will be banded about a lot, one of them words will be corporate and one of them words will be manslaughter.
If they do now go down the isolation route, we would have lost weeks and lots that would not have been infected will now be, so we will still hear those two words but not to the same degree as if we follow the herd thing.
Many think the Government so far has let us down, we have no choice but to hope there will turn it around.

Exactly so just suck it up FFS and get on with it we are all feeling it.....
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 11:15]

Very bold statement from Boris on 11:17 - Mar 17 with 842 viewsladyjack

Very bold statement from Boris on 11:14 - Mar 17 by 1983

Exactly so just suck it up FFS and get on with it we are all feeling it.....
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 11:15]

On a personal level I am sucking it up and getting on with it, there is no choice.
Very bold statement from Boris on 11:18 - Mar 17 with 842 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Very bold statement from Boris on 10:04 - Mar 17 by Catullus

AFD, part of the reason for our being behind is because we are at a different point on the curve AND people wouldn't have put up with us taking the nuclear option straight away. Or so the government was told by behavioral experts.

Maybe I was trying to convince myself to stay calm, maybe I should have panicked because there were things going on I really did disagree with.
In the beginning we should have clamped down on international travel and tested everyone coming into the UK, refused flights from hotspots. Quite probably where we are now is where we should have started. It just seems like common sense.

The problem is, if we keep shouting the government is wrong, if we keep spreading stories it becomes a distraction. Bojo doesn't need distracting right now, he hasn't got the time to deal with the thoughts of what we should have done because it's too late.

Today I've been told that our sons previous school (we'd transferred him 2 months ago) has more than one case of Corona virus. Our son is in school today but we've been talking about keeping him home so today is going to be his last day for however long it takes.
Telling us to avoid all but essential social contact and keeping schools open seems counter productive. Saying that, there will be plenty of 'essential jobs' where parents will need to stay in work so as long as they aren't showing symptoms we'll offer to have some of his friends here if it helps.

We can carry on shouting about what is wrong or we can look around and see what we can do to help.

When this is over with, then we can start assigning blame.

I agree with most of what you say, but if other experts had not corrected their mistake we would still be on the herd immunity plan.
My problem is not to do with what stage we are at, which I completely understand, it is the total lack of forward planning that should have been based on the Chinese & Italian experience. ie making the most of that built in delay.
It was only this weekend they appeared to realise that they would not have enough IC equipment, where it was patently obvious at least a month ago.
Shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted comes to mind.
Very bold statement from Boris on 11:33 - Mar 17 with 810 viewsSkipTheJack

Very bold statement from Boris on 19:39 - Mar 16 by exiledclaseboy

Speaking of food deliveries, the earliest available delivery slot with Tesco today is Sunday 29 March. People are tw@ts. Selfish tw@ts. Rationing is inevitable the way things are going.

Hopefully if the supply chains remain intact then the panic buyers hoarding food and toiletries will reach saturation point and there will be some stuff left in the shops for the rest of us. Yesterday my local Aldi had no pasta, bread, eggs, toilet roll, soap, nuts, salmon, washing powder, or pretty much anything frozen except ice cream.

The supermarkets should be restricting home deliveries to those who are older or more vulnerable. Let the rest of us go to Tesco, catch the lurgy, and get it over with so we all stop spreading it around.
Very bold statement from Boris on 12:00 - Mar 17 with 782 viewsladyjack

Very bold statement from Boris on 11:18 - Mar 17 by A_Fans_Dad

I agree with most of what you say, but if other experts had not corrected their mistake we would still be on the herd immunity plan.
My problem is not to do with what stage we are at, which I completely understand, it is the total lack of forward planning that should have been based on the Chinese & Italian experience. ie making the most of that built in delay.
It was only this weekend they appeared to realise that they would not have enough IC equipment, where it was patently obvious at least a month ago.

Yip
Very bold statement from Boris on 12:28 - Mar 17 with 763 viewsploppy

Do yourself a favour. Turn on Daily Politics and listen to Professor Sian Griffiths.
Very bold statement from Boris on 13:48 - Mar 17 with 712 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Very bold statement from Boris on 11:18 - Mar 17 by A_Fans_Dad

I tend to disagree on the basis that I have a friend who is an oncologist who says that planning has been in place for months, he spent most of his time in January managing a small project to locate and repair broken ventilators.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Very bold statement from Boris on 14:41 - Mar 17 with 660 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Very bold statement from Boris on 13:48 - Mar 17 by JACKMANANDBOY

I tend to disagree on the basis that I have a friend who is an oncologist who says that planning has been in place for months, he spent most of his time in January managing a small project to locate and repair broken ventilators.

I didn't say that NHS personnel didn't plan, but that is not where the planning was needed.
Login to get fewer ads

Very bold statement from Boris on 16:55 - Mar 17 with 604 viewsfbreath

Very bold statement from Boris on 11:33 - Mar 17 by SkipTheJack

Hopefully if the supply chains remain intact then the panic buyers hoarding food and toiletries will reach saturation point and there will be some stuff left in the shops for the rest of us. Yesterday my local Aldi had no pasta, bread, eggs, toilet roll, soap, nuts, salmon, washing powder, or pretty much anything frozen except ice cream.

The supermarkets should be restricting home deliveries to those who are older or more vulnerable. Let the rest of us go to Tesco, catch the lurgy, and get it over with so we all stop spreading it around.

I happened to be close to Aldi in Taibach so called in. They were only allowing people to buy maximum of 4 of everything. They had reasonable amounts of stock of most things apart from hand sanitiser, toilet rolls and limited amounts of eggs.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024