Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A thought for NHS staff 23:28 - Mar 16 with 3735 viewslegoman

My personal experience of the NHS is very positive, albeit I have been fortunate not to have had serious health issues. I believe the NHS staff on the ground do a fantastic job and we should already have much to thank them for.

However, the next few months will undoubtedly create even tougher times for these folks and I am confident the doctors, nurses and support staff will go above and beyond to provide the best treatment they can. I hope Joe Public will remember what these people did when we get through this frightening period.

I would like to propose that for the next few months the National Lottery jackpot is limited to say £500,000 with any surplus prize money going to a fund to help NHS staff. I admit I haven't thought through exactly how this would work - its just a starter for 10.

Anyone agree?

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

A thought for NHS staff on 23:49 - Mar 16 with 2815 viewsladyjack

You mean you would like to give NHS staff more money on top of their pay is it ?
A thought for NHS staff on 23:52 - Mar 16 with 2808 viewslegoman

A thought for NHS staff on 23:49 - Mar 16 by ladyjack

You mean you would like to give NHS staff more money on top of their pay is it ?

Duhrrrr, yes. What did you think I meant?

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

A thought for NHS staff on 00:00 - Mar 17 with 2790 viewsladyjack

A thought for NHS staff on 23:52 - Mar 16 by legoman

Duhrrrr, yes. What did you think I meant?

When I started to read it I thought you was going to suggest more money for the NHS for equipment, medicines, beds etc, but no it seemed like you wanted to give individual workers more money on top of their wages, I thought I better check that one out, thanks for the clarification.
A thought for NHS staff on 00:39 - Mar 17 with 2765 viewsNotLoyal

Just the Nationalists, in Wales and England, sounds fair 😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

A thought for NHS staff on 07:00 - Mar 17 with 2705 viewsjojaca

NHS is just one clog in the machine, what if people don't turn up in factories to produce our food. Celebrities like Susanna Reid self isolating shows her worth, nothing. But Jim Smith not showing up at the Braces factory, I may not get my loaf.

Even when you know, you never know?

A thought for NHS staff on 07:29 - Mar 17 with 2680 viewsbuilthjack

They will be paid, and get plenty of overtime. So financially they will be fine.
It's the ones who won't be paid that need help.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

A thought for NHS staff on 07:59 - Mar 17 with 2652 viewsladyjack

Consultants are said to be on 100k a year plus in many cases with big pensions even some GP doctors are said to break the 100k barrier with million pound pensions, some in the NHS earn big bucks, not the Indians but the chiefs.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 8:06]
A thought for NHS staff on 09:19 - Mar 17 with 2598 viewsepaul

I'm a cleaning supervisor in a large comp, 1200 pupils, atm we are balls to the wall trying to sanitise as much as possible along with what we need to do on a daily basis, been doing it for almost 2 weeks, I'm shattered!, we do a split shift 6-8 the 3-6 ( I do do a couple of other hours elsewhere, a 5 hour shift atm feels like a 8 hour plus, we're waiting for the shout to deep clean, it's going to happen, .
Have to say fair play to my team, they've worked like trojans through this as there is only 6 of us.

My worst fear (other than anyone contracting the virus) is that if one self isolates we will have no choice but to do the same given the close proximity we are in, have been in, what then for the school, VoG haven't brought in any extra cleaners, which in my mind is incompetent.

Shout out to all the cleaners everywhere, working their backsides off at this difficult time, along with all those on frontline NHS , supermarkets etc

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Login to get fewer ads

A thought for NHS staff on 09:27 - Mar 17 with 2587 viewsladyjack

A thought for NHS staff on 09:19 - Mar 17 by epaul

I'm a cleaning supervisor in a large comp, 1200 pupils, atm we are balls to the wall trying to sanitise as much as possible along with what we need to do on a daily basis, been doing it for almost 2 weeks, I'm shattered!, we do a split shift 6-8 the 3-6 ( I do do a couple of other hours elsewhere, a 5 hour shift atm feels like a 8 hour plus, we're waiting for the shout to deep clean, it's going to happen, .
Have to say fair play to my team, they've worked like trojans through this as there is only 6 of us.

My worst fear (other than anyone contracting the virus) is that if one self isolates we will have no choice but to do the same given the close proximity we are in, have been in, what then for the school, VoG haven't brought in any extra cleaners, which in my mind is incompetent.

Shout out to all the cleaners everywhere, working their backsides off at this difficult time, along with all those on frontline NHS , supermarkets etc

Yes top shout out to all the cleaners they do an absolutely vital job in normal times in this crisis they are life savers, I know cleaners that clean hospitals and doctors surgeries and they are heroines and hero's I think we should have a collection for the cleaners on the ground who are doing a vital job and putting themselves in the firing line.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 9:28]
A thought for NHS staff on 09:34 - Mar 17 with 2568 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Thank you for your efforts.
Please take extra care, people like you and overworked medical staff become more prone the more exhausted they become.
So advise your guys and gals to to be extra careful when they are tired as that is when silly mistakes happen.
A thought for NHS staff on 09:34 - Mar 17 with 2568 viewsLeonWasGod

A thought for NHS staff on 07:59 - Mar 17 by ladyjack

Consultants are said to be on 100k a year plus in many cases with big pensions even some GP doctors are said to break the 100k barrier with million pound pensions, some in the NHS earn big bucks, not the Indians but the chiefs.

Yes, but they literally putting their lives on the line with this one for us. Are you?

I'm sure they would rather have extra money put in to facilities and new colleagues, but to start criticising them for what they earn (after years of training) is a bit daft.
A thought for NHS staff on 09:41 - Mar 17 with 2558 viewsCatullus

I totally agree Paul and my wife is regularly shouting this o anyone who goes on about doctors/nurses etc, without the so called lesser staff everything would grind to a halt, without cleaners and porters hospitals would close down.

I agree with the Op's sentiment but all NHS staff deserve praise and very many people are doing work that is clearly more vital than they are usually credited for, this is a lot bigger than the NHS though. School staff, Police, council workers and many others are the front line too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A thought for NHS staff on 09:42 - Mar 17 with 2554 viewsladyjack

A thought for NHS staff on 09:34 - Mar 17 by LeonWasGod

Yes, but they literally putting their lives on the line with this one for us. Are you?

I'm sure they would rather have extra money put in to facilities and new colleagues, but to start criticising them for what they earn (after years of training) is a bit daft.

I'm not criticising I'm just pointing out that the ones at the top of the tree are well rewarded, Nye Bevan don't forget had to fill their mouths full of gold just to get the NHS up and running.
A thought for NHS staff on 10:02 - Mar 17 with 2525 viewsCountyJim

I'm a porter in NHS its frightening times lm glad they mentioned testing staff yesterday because I have cold symptoms the sort of sniffles you just carry on normally but you do worry that you could be passing on

Trouble is half the work force at any time would have sniffles you all can't isolate
A thought for NHS staff on 10:03 - Mar 17 with 2517 viewsladyjack

A thought for NHS staff on 10:02 - Mar 17 by CountyJim

I'm a porter in NHS its frightening times lm glad they mentioned testing staff yesterday because I have cold symptoms the sort of sniffles you just carry on normally but you do worry that you could be passing on

Trouble is half the work force at any time would have sniffles you all can't isolate

They reckon the Chinese did it.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 10:11]
A thought for NHS staff on 10:14 - Mar 17 with 2493 viewsCountyJim

A thought for NHS staff on 10:03 - Mar 17 by ladyjack

They reckon the Chinese did it.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 10:11]

Sorry mate I'm lost

Testing or isolated there health staff
A thought for NHS staff on 10:17 - Mar 17 with 2489 viewsLeonWasGod

A thought for NHS staff on 10:02 - Mar 17 by CountyJim

It's absolute madness that testing hasn't been a priority in the NHS and it's ancillary workers. WHO have been quite critical about this.
A thought for NHS staff on 10:19 - Mar 17 with 2479 viewsNotLoyal

A thought for NHS staff on 07:59 - Mar 17 by ladyjack

Any pension aside non contributory is a paid in pension, up to around 14%. The non contributory pension is offered as a part of the employment package. Fully deserved. Fire, police, NHS, military etc fully deserve every penny.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 10:22]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

A thought for NHS staff on 10:47 - Mar 17 with 2454 viewsladyjack

A thought for NHS staff on 10:19 - Mar 17 by NotLoyal

Any pension aside non contributory is a paid in pension, up to around 14%. The non contributory pension is offered as a part of the employment package. Fully deserved. Fire, police, NHS, military etc fully deserve every penny.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 10:22]

The vast majority of every worker deserves every penny.
A thought for NHS staff on 10:52 - Mar 17 with 2442 viewsladyjack

A thought for NHS staff on 10:14 - Mar 17 by CountyJim

Sorry mate I'm lost

Testing or isolated there health staff

Both.
A thought for NHS staff on 11:06 - Mar 17 with 2424 viewsbuilthjack

A colleague, who is a bit of a nerd, but nice bloke, just mentioned that with the slow speed and scale of tests being carried out, it will take 22 years to test the whole of Britain.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

A thought for NHS staff on 15:12 - Mar 17 with 2340 viewscontroversial_jack

It's the support care workers and auxiliaries who do most of the day to day work, but the nurses seem to get the credit, not that they don't work hard too
A thought for NHS staff on 17:27 - Mar 17 with 2283 viewsBLAZE

Spare a thought for their existing patients too! I know two different people undergoing examination for potential cancer at the moment. Both had fairly complex biopsies scheduled for this week, but both have been contacted today to inform them that their operations have been postponed, with a reschedule date up to 6 months away

Edit. They were postponed because the threat of them catching the virus whilst recovering from surgery was deemed too high

If they are cancerous though, then this delay could prove to be a death sentence for them

[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 17:57]
A thought for NHS staff on 18:49 - Mar 17 with 2196 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Excellent, they do great work and are vital right now.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

A thought for NHS staff on 18:49 - Mar 17 with 2195 viewsladyjack

A thought for NHS staff on 17:27 - Mar 17 by BLAZE

Spare a thought for their existing patients too! I know two different people undergoing examination for potential cancer at the moment. Both had fairly complex biopsies scheduled for this week, but both have been contacted today to inform them that their operations have been postponed, with a reschedule date up to 6 months away

Edit. They were postponed because the threat of them catching the virus whilst recovering from surgery was deemed too high

If they are cancerous though, then this delay could prove to be a death sentence for them

[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 17:57]

Yes it seems like there will be some bad knock on effects caused by this virus.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024