Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A thought for Teachers (n/t) 18:04 - Mar 17 with 6848 viewsJackfath

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 18:19 - Mar 17 with 3430 viewsBrynCartwright

I prefer a nice Speyside Malt myself.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 18:34 - Mar 17 with 3389 viewsBrynmill_Jack

W*nkers

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 18:40 - Mar 17 with 3371 viewsLohengrin

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 18:34 - Mar 17 by Brynmill_Jack

W*nkers

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 18:42 - Mar 17 with 3358 viewsbuilthjack

(nt) nice try

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 18:47 - Mar 17 with 3339 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

They are doing a great job looking after children of NHS staff and preventing kids going to vulnerable Grandparents, they are making a HUGE difference and saving lives..

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 19:17 - Mar 17 with 3278 viewsdickythorpe

The government stalling over whether to close the schools is unbelievable!!!

Is it "insurance matters" in why head teachers haven't taken decision themselves.
A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 19:57 - Mar 17 with 3229 viewsbuilthjack

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 19:17 - Mar 17 by dickythorpe

Is it "insurance matters" in why head teachers haven't taken decision themselves.

They are probably trying to keep them in school until the Easter holidays in 2 weeks time

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:08 - Mar 17 with 3198 viewsCooperman

I am pretty much working from the comfort and warmth of my own home whereas my wife is still having to go to work each day in secondary school education. We both feel that she is exposed to unnecessary risk. So yes, I spare a thought for the teachers who are also doing a great job alongside the other public sector services of our country. Keep up the good work, Fathy. I know you will.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:09 - Mar 17 with 3194 viewsWingstandwood

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 18:47 - Mar 17 by JACKMANANDBOY

They are doing a great job looking after children of NHS staff and preventing kids going to vulnerable Grandparents, they are making a HUGE difference and saving lives..

Worrying times, but on a major plus side there are many remarkable acts of kindness, selfless endeavour and volunteering going on.

Swansea Medical Students (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th year) have come to the general publics aid, along with their brothers/sisters in arms aid by offering childcare duties so that NHS professionals can get to the front line in greater number.

Argus!

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:12 - Mar 17 with 3181 viewsItchySphincter

I'll spare a thought for teachers (and everyone else). I hope they stay as fit and healthy as they possibly can and I commend them for the work that they do. Being surrounded by snotty kids all year around might hopefully be good for their immune system though, and they will be amongst the safest of all workers financially. It's taken less than a week for my industry to be decimated and I've gone from someone with who can get by comfortably providing there is cash flow, to nothing. I am now trying to work out for the first time in my life how to claim benefits.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:14 - Mar 17 with 3178 viewsLeonWasGod

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:09 - Mar 17 by Wingstandwood

Worrying times, but on a major plus side there are many remarkable acts of kindness, selfless endeavour and volunteering going on.

Swansea Medical Students (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th year) have come to the general publics aid, along with their brothers/sisters in arms aid by offering childcare duties so that NHS professionals can get to the front line in greater number.

Yes, I’d heard that at work today. A brilliant move - and ground up from the students from what I heard.

Shows that help may be there if the schools close (or at least part of the solution).
A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:55 - Mar 17 with 3111 viewsNeath_Jack

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:12 - Mar 17 by ItchySphincter

I'll spare a thought for teachers (and everyone else). I hope they stay as fit and healthy as they possibly can and I commend them for the work that they do. Being surrounded by snotty kids all year around might hopefully be good for their immune system though, and they will be amongst the safest of all workers financially. It's taken less than a week for my industry to be decimated and I've gone from someone with who can get by comfortably providing there is cash flow, to nothing. I am now trying to work out for the first time in my life how to claim benefits.

What's your trade Itch?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 22:20 - Mar 17 with 3030 viewsCatullus

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 19:17 - Mar 17 by dickythorpe

ACSL general secretary Geoff Barton says many large schools will struggle to stay open past Friday because of so many staff having to self isolate.

School closures are still on the table and under continuous review.

NASUWT union head Chris Keates told of 'a rising sense of panic' in schools as staff fear for their safety as more people get ill.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 22:35 - Mar 17 with 3001 viewslifelong

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 22:20 - Mar 17 by Catullus

ACSL general secretary Geoff Barton says many large schools will struggle to stay open past Friday because of so many staff having to self isolate.

School closures are still on the table and under continuous review.

NASUWT union head Chris Keates told of 'a rising sense of panic' in schools as staff fear for their safety as more people get ill.

Lots of parents taking their children out of a local primary school, they can’t believe the school is still open.
A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 22:46 - Mar 17 with 2987 viewsCatullus

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 22:35 - Mar 17 by lifelong

Lots of parents taking their children out of a local primary school, they can’t believe the school is still open.

Yeah, we're keeping ours home from tomorrow. Teachers have their own families to worry about and they are as much on the front line as anybody.

We are lucky though, lucky I got ill and was medically retired. I'm at home all the time and get an occy pension. Lots of parents can't make the choice we made. They either can't afford it or their job is too important.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 17:44 - Mar 18 with 2834 viewstaffpunk

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:12 - Mar 17 by ItchySphincter

My other half is a classroom assistant in a local school, two of the teachers have basically faked illnesses in the last couple of days, as they know they will have 6 months off on full pay, absolutely pathetic. I'm like you, I run a Record Shop and a leaflet distribution firm, both these businesses are going to make next to no money in the next couple of months.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 18:28 - Mar 18 with 2774 viewsladyjack

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 17:44 - Mar 18 by taffpunk

My other half is a classroom assistant in a local school, two of the teachers have basically faked illnesses in the last couple of days, as they know they will have 6 months off on full pay, absolutely pathetic. I'm like you, I run a Record Shop and a leaflet distribution firm, both these businesses are going to make next to no money in the next couple of months.

Unfortunately that does not surprise me.
A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 18:40 - Mar 18 with 2757 viewsGwyn737

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 17:44 - Mar 18 by taffpunk

What illness have they faked that will have them off for 6 months on full pay?
A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 18:46 - Mar 18 with 2729 viewsdickythorpe

Common sense to close the schools.
Look after your kids.
Johnson's stalling was pathetic.
A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 18:48 - Mar 18 with 2722 viewsNeath_Jack

Nice to see that many teachers are going to be staying in school to look after the front line workers children. Bravo.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 18:51]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 18:50 - Mar 18 with 2712 viewsladyjack

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 18:46 - Mar 18 by dickythorpe

Common sense to close the schools.
Look after your kids.
Johnson's stalling was pathetic.

The other day he was against closing the schools.
A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 18:51 - Mar 18 with 2710 viewsGwyn737

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 18:48 - Mar 18 by Neath_Jack

Nice to see that many teachers are going to be staying in school to look after the front line workers children. Bravo.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 18:51]

Thanks NJ.

All my school staff have done this week is prep for this eventuality. Not one has batted an eyelid about working through Easter.
A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 18:53 - Mar 18 with 2704 viewsNeath_Jack

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 18:51 - Mar 18 by Gwyn737

Thanks NJ.

All my school staff have done this week is prep for this eventuality. Not one has batted an eyelid about working through Easter.

This is the kind of thing you love to see.

Well done to all concerned.

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 18:56 - Mar 18 with 2687 viewsoldtownjack

Thanks NJ.

Exactly this Gywn. We've been the same. It is frustrating to see posts which suggest teachers are lazy, feckless and opportunist because this is so far removed from the situation I see on a daily basis.

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 18:58 - Mar 18 with 2678 viewsCooperman

Thanks NJ.

My wife has returned from work this evening with a 'roll up the sleeves' attitude. One of her ideas is to set up a scheme where she can deliver school prepared meals out to vulnerable children who don't qualify for continued schooling. There is clearly a lot of working out to be done with all of this as it's not practical to have all schools in Llanelli open with just a handful of children in each.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024