Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A thought for Teachers (n/t) 18:04 - Mar 17 with 6956 viewsJackfath

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:16 - Mar 18 with 1090 viewsCooperman

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 19:51 - Mar 18 by Wingstandwood

It was not the teachers who shut the gates, it was the government!

You disagree with the proposed terms of the school closures?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:16 - Mar 18 with 1087 viewsexiledclaseboy

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:16 - Mar 18 by Cooperman

I’ve just asked that. He just likes to point out that his sister is “senior” in the NHS.

Poll: Tory leader

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:19 - Mar 18 with 1071 viewsmagicdaps10

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:15 - Mar 18 by ladyjack

Volunteering ?

Yes, volunteering.

They don't have to do it.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:20 - Mar 18 with 1064 viewsladyjack

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:19 - Mar 18 by magicdaps10

Yes, volunteering.

They don't have to do it.

They can sit in the house on full pay or they can volunteer to baby sit on full pay is that the gig ?
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 20:21]
A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:22 - Mar 18 with 1053 viewsWingstandwood

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:16 - Mar 18 by Cooperman

If it improves the situation, I would not disagree with closing schools, even more so if it comes from epidemiologists advice which I presume the government is currently listening to.

Argus!

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:25 - Mar 18 with 1036 viewsmagicdaps10

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:20 - Mar 18 by ladyjack

They can sit in the house on full pay or they can volunteer to baby sit on full pay is that the gig ?
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 20:21]

Yes.

For instance, my wife would do it but she is unable to take our kids so will get paid for home schooling our 2.

I am not saying it is right but that is the only option available to us.

Luckily she gets paid for it and hopefully my work is not affected too much....... Hard Times and uncertainty is coming but first we must overcome the first hurdle.

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:28 - Mar 18 with 1023 viewsladyjack

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:25 - Mar 18 by magicdaps10

Yes.

For instance, my wife would do it but she is unable to take our kids so will get paid for home schooling our 2.

I am not saying it is right but that is the only option available to us.

Luckily she gets paid for it and hopefully my work is not affected too much....... Hard Times and uncertainty is coming but first we must overcome the first hurdle.

When I heard the proposals straight away I thought that was going to be the case, thank you for your honesty.
A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:29 - Mar 18 with 1010 viewsNeath_Jack

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:16 - Mar 18 by exiledclaseboy

I’ve just asked that. He just likes to point out that his sister is “senior” in the NHS.

We've got bellends in work with us, who when they introduce themselves, put senior in front of their job title. Oh how we laugh.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:36 - Mar 18 with 994 viewsWingstandwood

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:29 - Mar 18 by Neath_Jack

We've got bellends in work with us, who when they introduce themselves, put senior in front of their job title. Oh how we laugh.

Every single individual of ALL differing duties within the entire NHS machine is now vital during these times. One cannot run without the other cos each and every depend on each other!

Argus!

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:39 - Mar 18 with 987 viewsNeath_Jack

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:36 - Mar 18 by Wingstandwood

Every single individual of ALL differing duties within the entire NHS machine is now vital during these times. One cannot run without the other cos each and every depend on each other!

As are many other occupations out there.

It's a collective effort.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:39 - Mar 18 with 984 viewsWingstandwood

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:39 - Mar 18 by Neath_Jack

As are many other occupations out there.

It's a collective effort.

Bang On!

*Edit* The HGV drivers and supermarket workers for example must surely come out with a lot of credit recently for their efforts.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 20:42]

Argus!

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:56 - Mar 18 with 941 viewsladyjack

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:39 - Mar 18 by Wingstandwood

Bang On!

*Edit* The HGV drivers and supermarket workers for example must surely come out with a lot of credit recently for their efforts.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 20:42]

Shop assistants particularly food shop assistants on the tills are absolute heroines and hero's the lot of them, yes we are all in it together and the thread is about teachers and schools closing and what if anything some teachers will be doing but shop assistants really are front line in the battle against the Coronavirus serving people and keeping the country going.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 21:08]
A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 21:03 - Mar 18 with 923 viewsWingstandwood

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:56 - Mar 18 by ladyjack

Shop assistants particularly food shop assistants on the tills are absolute heroines and hero's the lot of them, yes we are all in it together and the thread is about teachers and schools closing and what if anything some teachers will be doing but shop assistants really are front line in the battle against the Coronavirus serving people and keeping the country going.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 21:08]

They've well and truly kept the country going, I should imagine the stuff that has been shifted and sold over the last couple of days is absolutely mind blowing!

I hope, when this is all over they get well deserved thank you bonuses in all their pay packets. They've been absolutely magnificent!

Argus!

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 21:06 - Mar 18 with 909 viewsladyjack

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 21:03 - Mar 18 by Wingstandwood

They've well and truly kept the country going, I should imagine the stuff that has been shifted and sold over the last couple of days is absolutely mind blowing!

I hope, when this is all over they get well deserved thank you bonuses in all their pay packets. They've been absolutely magnificent!

Yes they all deserve a medal, you see police, teachers, doctors and nurses as well as soldiers often getting praise for doing their job but the shop assistants do fantastic work and in this crisis they have been brilliant.
A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 21:22 - Mar 18 with 877 viewsmagicdaps10

Shop workers have been superb, aside from hospital workers, they have been next in the firing line....the amount of people they have come into contact with in the last 7 days has been incredible.

Take into account that people have probably been scared, confused, wary etc, I bet many a worker has been on the wrong end of a few things this week.

People can be horrible and retail workers have seen all sorts this week whilst working tirelessly, some on minimum pay.

This virus is going to change a lot of things, one I hope is how people see how retail workers with little to no thanks and most on a bare minimum pay.

I applaud you all.

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 21:23 - Mar 18 with 867 viewsladyjack

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 21:22 - Mar 18 by magicdaps10

Shop workers have been superb, aside from hospital workers, they have been next in the firing line....the amount of people they have come into contact with in the last 7 days has been incredible.

Take into account that people have probably been scared, confused, wary etc, I bet many a worker has been on the wrong end of a few things this week.

People can be horrible and retail workers have seen all sorts this week whilst working tirelessly, some on minimum pay.

This virus is going to change a lot of things, one I hope is how people see how retail workers with little to no thanks and most on a bare minimum pay.

I applaud you all.

Great post.
A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 21:26 - Mar 18 with 857 viewsWingstandwood

I applaud you all.

ASDA should certainly scrap those appalling working contracts/conditions that its workers had to sign up to not so long back.

Argus!

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 21:28 - Mar 18 with 855 viewsoldtownjack

Letter from the DfE to Headteachers tonight requesting schools to remain open for the Easter holidays to continue to support keyworker and vulnerable children.

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 21:38 - Mar 18 with 828 viewsWingstandwood

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 21:28 - Mar 18 by oldtownjack

Letter from the DfE to Headteachers tonight requesting schools to remain open for the Easter holidays to continue to support keyworker and vulnerable children.

That's brilliant, the way so many people are thinking of others!

Argus!

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 22:15 - Mar 18 with 786 viewsoldtownjack

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 21:38 - Mar 18 by Wingstandwood

That's brilliant, the way so many people are thinking of others!

Yes and school staff will gladly do it. What's your point? Everyone is trying to doing their bit which is exactly as it should.

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 22:16 - Mar 18 with 782 viewsexiledclaseboy

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 22:15 - Mar 18 by oldtownjack

Yes and school staff will gladly do it. What's your point? Everyone is trying to doing their bit which is exactly as it should.

Give him a minute to find full reverse. He’s been backtracking for a page and a half now.

Poll: Tory leader

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 22:17 - Mar 18 with 778 viewsWingstandwood

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 22:15 - Mar 18 by oldtownjack

Great everyone is pulling together.

Argus!

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 22:25 - Mar 18 with 757 viewsCooperman

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 22:16 - Mar 18 by exiledclaseboy

Give him a minute to find full reverse. He’s been backtracking for a page and a half now.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 22:30 - Mar 18 with 743 viewslonglostjack

I applaud you all.

Top post. Should be better protected at the check out. Gloves, plastic screens. They’re just starting to get around to doing it here in Germany - long overdue.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 22:47 - Mar 18 with 723 viewsWingstandwood

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 22:30 - Mar 18 by longlostjack

Top post. Should be better protected at the check out. Gloves, plastic screens. They’re just starting to get around to doing it here in Germany - long overdue.

I wonder when this is all over? Will there be some form of future civil defence type initiative/preparedness akin to WW2 when gas masks were issued to everyone?

The provision of surgical standard protection to limit a future virus strain? I think a lot will be learned and implemented out of this?

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024