Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Sports 13:18 - Mar 18 with 5180 viewsMuteswan

Don’t know if has been posted before, but Sky have said that you are able to pause your Sky Sports subscription and not be charged a fee or held to any notice period. Check this on Sky.com
Sky Sports on 13:38 - Mar 18 with 3666 viewsCatullus

I was wondering about this yesterday, whether I should phone up and say why am I paying for something I'm not getting.
Well done to Sky for being proactive and fair, I am pleasantly surprised.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Sky Sports on 13:45 - Mar 18 with 3652 viewsstevethejack

Can't be changed on-line, have to phone them up.

Use the free number of 0800 151 2747 rather than the regular number as if over an hour on the land-line, you'll be charged for the whole call. (assuming you have free calls up to 60 minutes)

*Huge queues to get through as a lot less staff on the phones*
Sky Sports on 13:47 - Mar 18 with 3649 viewsSwanjaxs

I'd miss watching reruns of the Pakistan/ Sri Lanka test series from 2001 and The Premier Leagues Greatest Ever Goals too much...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Sky Sports on 13:55 - Mar 18 with 3626 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Why don't they suspend for a month and make if free for everyone via Freeview. That would help people and get them a load of new customers? This would be cheaper to administer and easy for customers.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 13:59]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Sky Sports on 13:59 - Mar 18 with 3611 viewsdunvantjack100

You can add packages on the app, but not take them away.

If everyone who pays for sky sports rings up now the sport will be back on by the time we get through. Can’t they just automatically pause / make it free for everyone?
Sky Sports on 14:00 - Mar 18 with 3606 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Sky Sports on 13:59 - Mar 18 by dunvantjack100

You can add packages on the app, but not take them away.

If everyone who pays for sky sports rings up now the sport will be back on by the time we get through. Can’t they just automatically pause / make it free for everyone?

Obvious to us two at least!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Sky Sports on 14:13 - Mar 18 with 3576 viewspencoedjack

Sky Sports on 13:55 - Mar 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

Why don't they suspend for a month and make if free for everyone via Freeview. That would help people and get them a load of new customers? This would be cheaper to administer and easy for customers.

They offered me a month free on Saturday when I called them to cancel.

I still left
Sky Sports on 16:11 - Mar 18 with 3405 viewsSoberBaker

Sky Sports on 13:55 - Mar 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

Because there'd be f*ck all on there to watch!

It would put punters off if anything

AMOW

Login to get fewer ads

Sky Sports on 17:20 - Mar 18 with 3306 viewsTNT

Sky Sports on 13:45 - Mar 18 by stevethejack

Can't be changed on-line, have to phone them up.

Use the free number of 0800 151 2747 rather than the regular number as if over an hour on the land-line, you'll be charged for the whole call. (assuming you have free calls up to 60 minutes)

*Huge queues to get through as a lot less staff on the phones*

They're refusing calls relating to sales and billing, on that number, but thanks anyway.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Sky Sports on 18:53 - Mar 18 with 3212 viewsperplex

Just cancelled, with no fees, pretty straight forward really, and can renew once the sport gets back to normal.
Sky Sports on 18:55 - Mar 18 with 3209 viewsjojaca

Sky Sports on 18:53 - Mar 18 by perplex

Just cancelled, with no fees, pretty straight forward really, and can renew once the sport gets back to normal.

How did you get through to them?

Even when you know, you never know?

Sky Sports on 19:04 - Mar 18 with 3200 viewsPhil_S

People still pay sky for sky sports? 🤔😯
Sky Sports on 19:07 - Mar 18 with 3185 viewsladyjack

Perhaps lots of law abiding people do ?
Sky Sports on 19:08 - Mar 18 with 3178 viewsPhil_S

Sky Sports on 19:07 - Mar 18 by ladyjack

Perhaps lots of law abiding people do ?

Does it break the law not to have sky sports then? This is indeed a mad world tramps
Sky Sports on 19:16 - Mar 18 with 3149 viewsGaryjack

Sky Sports on 19:04 - Mar 18 by Phil_S

People still pay sky for sky sports? 🤔😯

I do in case my iptv stops working! I know, I know!
Sky Sports on 19:33 - Mar 18 with 3119 viewsPhil_S

Sky Sports on 19:16 - Mar 18 by Garyjack

You are in the denial stage
Sky Sports on 19:39 - Mar 18 with 3110 viewsladyjack

Having done it today it turned out to be easy, gutted if there is a 0800 number because an 03 number I think, anyway automated voice saying there is a wait of over an hour for an advisor because of the virus blah blah blah but somebody picked up almost straight away (I was told that would happen) and there was no issue cancelling the Skysports part of the package, no charge for doing it mid contact.
Sky Sports on 19:40 - Mar 18 with 3107 viewsladyjack

Sky Sports on 19:08 - Mar 18 by Phil_S

Does it break the law not to have sky sports then? This is indeed a mad world tramps

It is indeed Phil.
Sky Sports on 19:45 - Mar 18 with 3091 viewsunion_jack

Sky Sports on 19:39 - Mar 18 by ladyjack

Having done it today it turned out to be easy, gutted if there is a 0800 number because an 03 number I think, anyway automated voice saying there is a wait of over an hour for an advisor because of the virus blah blah blah but somebody picked up almost straight away (I was told that would happen) and there was no issue cancelling the Skysports part of the package, no charge for doing it mid contact.

What number did you ring. The two numbers I ring both tell me their not answering calls on sales and billing which is who I need to talk to presumably.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Sky Sports on 19:55 - Mar 18 with 3066 viewsladyjack

Sky Sports on 19:45 - Mar 18 by union_jack

What number did you ring. The two numbers I ring both tell me their not answering calls on sales and billing which is who I need to talk to presumably.

Ignore that not answering phones and billing message, stay on the line, I had that message, I had the hour wait message a few times, (I was clued what was likely to happen and it did happen the way I was clued - hope you have the same experience if you want to knock the sport on the head as well), after 5 or could be 10 mins of automation (a recorded voice asking me why I'm ringing etc), the phone rings and was basically picked up straight away, 30 seconds I would say, a minute tops and that's it.
Sky Sports on 20:08 - Mar 18 with 3028 viewspencoedjack

Sky Sports on 19:16 - Mar 18 by Garyjack

Me too Gary
Sky Sports on 20:10 - Mar 18 with 3020 viewsPhil_S

Sky Sports on 20:08 - Mar 18 by pencoedjack

Me too Gary

Take the bog brave step - its invigorating
Sky Sports on 21:04 - Mar 18 with 2934 viewsairedale

Huge queues to phone Sky as people have been too busy emptying supermarket shelves to phone before now.
Sky Sports on 22:28 - Mar 18 with 2855 viewsjackrabbit

Sky Sports on 13:47 - Mar 18 by Swanjaxs

I'd miss watching reruns of the Pakistan/ Sri Lanka test series from 2001 and The Premier Leagues Greatest Ever Goals too much...

At least they show sport, not like our national public service provider who thought it appropriate to replace MoTD with Mrs Browns Boys.
Sky Sports on 22:40 - Mar 18 with 2826 viewsdickythorpe

They've emailed all customers today with info.
From April 4th sky store will show new releases that we would see in cinemas.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024