Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lockdown by Saturday 22:47 - Mar 18 with 3897 viewsdickythorpe

A good idea?
Lockdown by Saturday on 22:50 - Mar 18 with 2774 viewsJack123

I think so, people are completely ignoring the advice, just heard of a few lads off out on pee down the wind street.? Not sure if there are pubs open, but they are heading down there.. :(

libera nos a malo

Lockdown by Saturday on 22:57 - Mar 18 with 2745 viewsdickythorpe

Lockdown by Saturday on 22:50 - Mar 18 by Jack123

I think so, people are completely ignoring the advice, just heard of a few lads off out on pee down the wind street.? Not sure if there are pubs open, but they are heading down there.. :(

I'm all for village pubs being open to locals but going to city centres where no one knows the person next to you, where they've been or in contact with, is idiotic when you consider all the advice we've been given.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 23:04]
Lockdown by Saturday on 22:59 - Mar 18 with 2738 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Other countries have looked at their numbers and imposed it. From what I see we are working to help people understand the urgency and make their own choice, when people decide for themselves they are more likely to take lasting action; the most effective approach to behaviour change.

The messages need to be reinforced across all media the news media need a rocket put under them. Pubs and restuarants provide a good indicator of how well people are accepting the change, if they empty themselves that would be a good sign that people understand the link between social contact, infection rates , NHS pressure and saving lives.

The step by step strategy to behaviour change is sound in principle but we have little time, if the elderly and vulnerable isolate themselves that looks like a good result.

This is very tough stuff in very short time.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 23:02]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Lockdown by Saturday on 22:59 - Mar 18 with 2735 viewsCatullus

Possibly, barring a miracle maybe it is as inevitble as schools closing.

It won't affect my life that much to be honest. Besides taking my wife to work in Morriston hospital or going shopping, I don't go very far.

Taking the dog to Skewen park for a walk, sometimes over to Tennent park is about it usually and both are very close to home.

There is a big advantage in being a knackered old fart, I am already used to the probable conditions we are about see introduced. It will drive a lot of people potty though No sport, no travel, no pubs...how will some people cope?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Lockdown by Saturday on 23:02 - Mar 18 with 2721 viewsWingstandwood

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Headline topic stuff on The Daily Mail!

Argus!

Lockdown by Saturday on 23:03 - Mar 18 with 2715 viewssainthelens

Again, this is down to Boris by only advising and not making it "law" to shut down hospitality etc. By protecting insurance companies, he's delaying the inevitable and causing more problems.
Lockdown by Saturday on 23:05 - Mar 18 with 2705 viewsdickythorpe

Lockdown by Saturday on 23:03 - Mar 18 by sainthelens

Again, this is down to Boris by only advising and not making it "law" to shut down hospitality etc. By protecting insurance companies, he's delaying the inevitable and causing more problems.

The stalling PM he'll go down as.....an absolute shít shambles of a leader.
Lockdown by Saturday on 23:07 - Mar 18 with 2686 viewsCatullus

Lockdown by Saturday on 23:02 - Mar 18 by Wingstandwood

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Headline topic stuff on The Daily Mail!

High density population areas were always going to be a big problem. Specially when so many people ignore the advice.

All this has made moving to a quiet part of Skewen seem like a genius move!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Lockdown by Saturday on 23:14 - Mar 18 with 2652 viewsWingstandwood

Lockdown by Saturday on 23:07 - Mar 18 by Catullus

High density population areas were always going to be a big problem. Specially when so many people ignore the advice.

All this has made moving to a quiet part of Skewen seem like a genius move!

I saw a picture of a packed London Tube Train today and the commuters were enclosed in a confined space, all packed in and they looked so vulnerable.

I mentioned on another thread about future civil defence type initiatives/preparedness akin to old WW2 issuing of gas masks to everyone. I bet if those communicators were offered a surgical standard masks and gloves everyone would have taken what was offered.

Argus!

Lockdown by Saturday on 23:20 - Mar 18 with 2637 viewsPegojack

I think Brits are not understanding the full extent of the sh1tshow because you are a few weeks behind the continent in terms of the spread of the desease, so it hasn't fully hit home yet.
They have recognised it on the continent, which is why we are all in lockdown.
From what I can understand, there are many asymptomatic positive virus carriers wandering around unknowingly infecting other people, which is mainly how it spreads so rapidly. By the time they start showing symptoms and can be isolated, they've infected many others. The only way to slow this process down is a lockdown.
Boris is way out of his depth and Britain is going to pay the price for not acting sooner.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 23:50]
Lockdown by Saturday on 23:28 - Mar 18 with 2611 viewsCatullus

Lockdown by Saturday on 23:20 - Mar 18 by Pegojack

I think Brits are not understanding the full extent of the sh1tshow because you are a few weeks behind the continent in terms of the spread of the desease, so it hasn't fully hit home yet.
They have recognised it on the continent, which is why we are all in lockdown.
From what I can understand, there are many asymptomatic positive virus carriers wandering around unknowingly infecting other people, which is mainly how it spreads so rapidly. By the time they start showing symptoms and can be isolated, they've infected many others. The only way to slow this process down is a lockdown.
Boris is way out of his depth and Britain is going to pay the price for not acting sooner.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 23:50]

It's not only Brits mind, in Italy they are apparently charging 40,000 with breaking the lockdown rules.

Idiocy is everywhere.

The asymptomatic thing is the worry, Because people feel fine they carry on regardless, stupid is as stupid does. People need to stop behaving as if this won't affect them, for all our sakes.

Lockdown by Saturday on 23:28 - Mar 18 with 2609 viewsProfessor

Since people can’t be trusted to act sensibly it is needed. I expect announced for London tomorrow, rest of us shortly after. Troops being recalled for Germany and elsewhere apparently
Lockdown by Saturday on 23:33 - Mar 18 with 2587 viewsJack123

if anyone needs convincing of staying in when advised to, they just need to look at this,

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Fcking scary..Italy total cases 35,713, new cases 4,207 , total deaths 2,978 new deaths 475, and they are on lock down.

libera nos a malo

Lockdown by Saturday on 23:40 - Mar 18 with 2557 viewsBest_loser

The government are assuming that most people will get it

They are trying to ensure that not too many people get it at the same time

Right decisions will only be apparent in hindsight
Lockdown by Saturday on 23:52 - Mar 18 with 2528 viewsmajorraglan

Lockdown by Saturday on 23:40 - Mar 18 by Best_loser

The government are assuming that most people will get it

They are trying to ensure that not too many people get it at the same time

Right decisions will only be apparent in hindsight

Most people will get it, but the youngsters are going to take some persuading to stick by it as are the CHAVs and the delinquents who frequently break the law. They may need locking up!
Lockdown by Saturday on 23:55 - Mar 18 with 2517 viewsNotLoyal

Lockdown by Saturday on 23:52 - Mar 18 by majorraglan

Most people will get it, but the youngsters are going to take some persuading to stick by it as are the CHAVs and the delinquents who frequently break the law. They may need locking up!

A few well aimed shots to the head will sort it out.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Lockdown by Saturday on 06:27 - Mar 19 with 2373 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Lockdown by Saturday on 23:55 - Mar 18 by NotLoyal

Let’s not give the state carte Blanche to start culling the population.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Lockdown by Saturday on 07:41 - Mar 19 with 2293 viewsmagicdaps10

Lockdown by Saturday on 23:52 - Mar 18 by majorraglan

Come on, any age group is capable of not listening.
The amount of old people who have told me that it won't keep them in, it really is worrying how these people think.

Its not about them, it's about how they could affect others unwillingly. You can see how society has been slowly breaking over the last 30yrs when you hear people 60+ virtually say that they are not going to follow the recommendations.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Lockdown by Saturday on 09:56 - Mar 19 with 2163 viewsSkipTheJack

Surely the best way to handle this outbreak is to isolate the elderly and vulnerable, and let everyone else catch it. That's the only way it's going to stop spreading.

We can't keep the country locked down for ever more.
Lockdown by Saturday on 10:01 - Mar 19 with 2153 viewsCatullus

Lockdown by Saturday on 09:56 - Mar 19 by SkipTheJack

Surely the best way to handle this outbreak is to isolate the elderly and vulnerable, and let everyone else catch it. That's the only way it's going to stop spreading.

We tried that approach and far too many people didn't listen. Others were very vocal that it was the wrong approach and we needed lockdown, like other countries were doing.

No matter what th government does there will be diagreement. We need to follow the rules and hope for the best. It's all we can do.

Lockdown by Saturday on 10:04 - Mar 19 with 2145 viewslegoman

Lockdown by Saturday on 10:01 - Mar 19 by Catullus

We tried that approach and far too many people didn't listen. Others were very vocal that it was the wrong approach and we needed lockdown, like other countries were doing.

No matter what th government does there will be diagreement. We need to follow the rules and hope for the best. It's all we can do.

Agree with this. Start ignoring advice and that could lead to anarchy.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Lockdown by Saturday on 10:14 - Mar 19 with 2127 viewsladyjack

Lockdown by Saturday on 09:56 - Mar 19 by SkipTheJack

That is difficult to do as the elderly peopl children (middle aged) and their grandchildren might well give it to them.
The Chinese tried to avoid that by proper isolation of the that were I'll, we seem to be looking at isolating our people within the family unit which means they might all get it, I don't think we got the money or resources to do what the Chinese did.
Lockdown by Saturday on 10:23 - Mar 19 with 2105 viewsKGriz16

Lockdown by Saturday on 23:55 - Mar 18 by NotLoyal

My grandfather is determined to go to the pub this evening. Friday, and Saturday for skittles also.
Lockdown by Saturday on 10:23 - Mar 19 with 2104 viewsCatullus

Lockdown by Saturday on 10:14 - Mar 19 by ladyjack

That is difficult to do as the elderly peopl children (middle aged) and their grandchildren might well give it to them.
The Chinese tried to avoid that by proper isolation of the that were I'll, we seem to be looking at isolating our people within the family unit which means they might all get it, I don't think we got the money or resources to do what the Chinese did.

I seem to be stuck on a loop with this but. money should never be an issue at times like this. Spend whatever needs to be spent and sort it out later.

On tv now they are discussing the Olympics and SebCoe is arguing against deciding to cancel the Olympcs right now. He says we can wait, what a complete and utter pr1ck.

Neville and Giggs have opened the hotels they own for NHS staff to use for free, Abramovich has followed suit, this is what we need, people ignoring the financial losses and doing what needs to be done.

Lockdown by Saturday on 10:30 - Mar 19 with 2092 viewsladyjack

Lockdown by Saturday on 10:23 - Mar 19 by Catullus

I seem to be stuck on a loop with this but. money should never be an issue at times like this. Spend whatever needs to be spent and sort it out later.

On tv now they are discussing the Olympics and SebCoe is arguing against deciding to cancel the Olympcs right now. He says we can wait, what a complete and utter pr1ck.

Neville and Giggs have opened the hotels they own for NHS staff to use for free, Abramovich has followed suit, this is what we need, people ignoring the financial losses and doing what needs to be done.

I tell the wife the World doesn't run to how she thinks it should and I say the same to you, money is always an issue, we have food banks for crying out loud, we have homeless people for crying out loud, money should not be an issue you say but it is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024