Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
20,000 troops on standby 23:08 - Mar 18 with 3098 viewsdickythorpe

Go and visit nearest and dearest by Friday.

Johnson is out of his depth.

20,000 troops on standby on 23:10 - Mar 18 with 2488 viewsCatullus

To be fair the whole of bl00dy Europe is out of it's depth with this!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

20,000 troops on standby on 23:12 - Mar 18 with 2476 viewsdickythorpe

20,000 troops on standby on 23:10 - Mar 18 by Catullus

To be fair the whole of bl00dy Europe is out of it's depth with this!

Italy aren't
20,000 troops on standby on 23:15 - Mar 18 with 2461 viewsdickythorpe

"Covid support force"
20,000 troops on standby on 23:20 - Mar 18 with 2448 viewsCatullus

20,000 troops on standby on 23:12 - Mar 18 by dickythorpe

Italy aren't

Hang on, Italy is in lockdown and is the worst hit place outside China, up to now.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

20,000 troops on standby on 07:09 - Mar 19 with 2311 viewsdickythorpe

20,000 troops on standby on 23:20 - Mar 18 by Catullus

Hang on, Italy is in lockdown and is the worst hit place outside China, up to now.

Hang on, there's no idiots rushing around clogging up supermarkets.

Not wanting to fall out at this time, but you can see what I'm saying.....some in society this week have stock piled spoiling the chances for others.

Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures and controls.

We've become a very "I'll do what I want" nation in the last few decades.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 7:11]
20,000 troops on standby on 07:39 - Mar 19 with 2252 viewsKilkennyjack

20,000 troops on standby on 07:09 - Mar 19 by dickythorpe

Not wanting to fall out at this time, but you can see what I'm saying.....some in society this week have stock piled spoiling the chances for others.

I saw a supermarket abroad where they were only selling pre packed trolleys at different set prices.

Takes away choice, but stops the greedy tw@@ts.

Result ?

Beware of the Risen People

20,000 troops on standby on 09:31 - Mar 19 with 2177 viewsCatullus

I'm not falling out dicky, just disagreeing. If there's no idiots rushing about why are they charging 40k with rule breaking. Besides which, how is it Bojo's fault if people are being stupid?

Bojo was hoping people would be more sensible, that was his mistake. Your last line is very accurate. Far too many people think the rules only apply to someone else. Those kinds of people are causing huge problems. If they don't get it and quickly we will be seeing troops on the streets, we will be seeing the same rules as in Italy where panic buying is eliminated because there are police and security guards limiting numbers and making sure you don't buy too much.

Truthfully, we both know the idiots won't stop and a national lockdown isn't too far away.

I reckon I need to buy a spade, some seeds and chickenwire, does anybody have any spare chickens I can buy? Actually that contains a truism too, maybe we do all need to see if we can start growing stuff, in case of shortages? Ar least we usually have plenty of water!

20,000 troops on standby on 09:38 - Mar 19 with 2165 viewsPozuelosSideys

So speaking to somebody whose husband is one of these army bods. The plan for them is mainly to protect and maintain order around NHS assets, ie hositals and transport networks etc as they are expecting high use obviously.

There are certain identified "hotspot" areas which there are public order concerns which they want to avoid. Places which were hit in those riots back in 2010 or whatever it was.

This wont be about punishing people etc, its about maintaining infrastructure.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

20,000 troops on standby on 09:57 - Mar 19 with 2133 viewsCatullus

20,000 troops on standby on 09:38 - Mar 19 by PozuelosSideys

So speaking to somebody whose husband is one of these army bods. The plan for them is mainly to protect and maintain order around NHS assets, ie hositals and transport networks etc as they are expecting high use obviously.

There are certain identified "hotspot" areas which there are public order concerns which they want to avoid. Places which were hit in those riots back in 2010 or whatever it was.

Yes protecting infrastructure was always the reason troops are on standby. We can't let society break down completely and have anarchy take over.

The NHS, food supplies, they need to be protected.

20,000 troops on standby on 09:57 - Mar 19 with 2131 viewsladyjack

20,000 troops on standby on 09:38 - Mar 19 by PozuelosSideys

Some people are fearful of the military being involved, I hope and expect they will be a force for good.
20,000 troops on standby on 09:59 - Mar 19 with 2125 viewsEbo

20,000 troops on standby on 09:31 - Mar 19 by Catullus

I'm not falling out dicky, just disagreeing. If there's no idiots rushing about why are they charging 40k with rule breaking. Besides which, how is it Bojo's fault if people are being stupid?

Bojo was hoping people would be more sensible, that was his mistake. Your last line is very accurate. Far too many people think the rules only apply to someone else. Those kinds of people are causing huge problems. If they don't get it and quickly we will be seeing troops on the streets, we will be seeing the same rules as in Italy where panic buying is eliminated because there are police and security guards limiting numbers and making sure you don't buy too much.

Truthfully, we both know the idiots won't stop and a national lockdown isn't too far away.

I reckon I need to buy a spade, some seeds and chickenwire, does anybody have any spare chickens I can buy? Actually that contains a truism too, maybe we do all need to see if we can start growing stuff, in case of shortages? Ar least we usually have plenty of water!

Buy flour and yeast if you can find it, learn to bake bread or buy a bread maker.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

20,000 troops on standby on 10:06 - Mar 19 with 2106 viewsladyjack

My ex battery chickens that my wife rescued are getting a bit old now, but they advertise them from time to time, some of the charities will want to see pics of your pens and coop first mind you.
20,000 troops on standby on 11:16 - Mar 19 with 2043 viewscontroversial_jack

He did mess up.Policy was to isolate the elderly and those at risk, while not closing schools to expose the young people to the virus to build up a herd immunity.This has clearly not worked.
20,000 troops on standby on 11:17 - Mar 19 with 2038 viewsladyjack

20,000 troops on standby on 11:16 - Mar 19 by controversial_jack

He did mess up.Policy was to isolate the elderly and those at risk, while not closing schools to expose the young people to the virus to build up a herd immunity.This has clearly not worked.

Yip.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 11:55]
20,000 troops on standby on 11:23 - Mar 19 with 2024 viewspencoedjack

20,000 troops on standby on 09:57 - Mar 19 by ladyjack

Some people are fearful of the military being involved, I hope and expect they will be a force for good.

Scaremongering of the highest degree.
20,000 troops on standby on 11:25 - Mar 19 with 2022 viewsCatullus

20,000 troops on standby on 11:16 - Mar 19 by controversial_jack

Yes but was part of the reason that plan failed because people ignored the advice (didn't a couple on here blatantly say they were carrying on regardless) and carried on as normal?

If Bojo had ordered pubs to close some people would have been critical and some pubs would have let people in at the back door. People are stupid like that. We think we know better.

This approach didn't work but we can't be certain any other approach would have worked and if Bojo had gone straight for a lockdown approach I bet that would have caused ructions too. Just look at the Twitter post from an irish source claiming this is a power grab!

20,000 troops on standby on 11:28 - Mar 19 with 2014 viewsAlfieMooresSon

I think the population needs a kick up the arse, some right spoilt little idiots are going to see what a real crisis is!
20,000 troops on standby on 11:29 - Mar 19 with 2011 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Johnson is out of his depth.

It's not his fault, he and the Health advisers are doing a good solid job under difficult circumstances.
20,000 troops on standby on 11:29 - Mar 19 with 2010 viewsAlfieMooresSon

20,000 troops on standby on 23:12 - Mar 18 by dickythorpe

Italy aren't

Italy is fecked!
20,000 troops on standby on 11:32 - Mar 19 with 2000 viewsAlfieMooresSon

20,000 troops on standby on 07:39 - Mar 19 by Kilkennyjack

I saw a supermarket abroad where they were only selling pre packed trolleys at different set prices.

Takes away choice, but stops the greedy tw@@ts.

Result ?

Good idea, bring back rationing, as long as it's fair, that seems a great idea, we don't need a lot of food or goods to live a couple of months in lockdown!
20,000 troops on standby on 11:39 - Mar 19 with 1986 viewsProfessor

20,000 troops on standby on 10:06 - Mar 19 by ladyjack

My ex battery chickens that my wife rescued are getting a bit old now, but they advertise them from time to time, some of the charities will want to see pics of your pens and coop first mind you.

They are not ex-battery....

Battery cage systems have not been used in the UK since 2009 when banned by the EU. We use colony cage systems which are of much higher welfare. They won't be 11. They will be ex-commercial layers.

Sorry to be pedantic, but there are no UK battery chickens
20,000 troops on standby on 11:40 - Mar 19 with 1981 viewsProfessor

I have 78 broiler chickens (in work).
20,000 troops on standby on 11:40 - Mar 19 with 1983 viewspembsjack

In my local Tesco this morning at 7 am the panic buyers were in full force, even witnessed security rushing to staffs help as one customer began to get aggressive as they were only allowed to buy 3 bottles of 17p lemonade! Surely these people must go home and realise what a tw"t they looked like!
20,000 troops on standby on 11:41 - Mar 19 with 1974 viewsProfessor

20,000 troops on standby on 09:59 - Mar 19 by Ebo

Buy flour and yeast if you can find it, learn to bake bread or buy a bread maker.

Easily done
20,000 troops on standby on 11:47 - Mar 19 with 1961 viewsProfessor

There will need to be infrastructure protection-we have seen how people behave not the largely mythologised 'Blitz Spirit'. I expect more unrest in London and SE than up here (although Liverpool likes a riot) as there is still degree of community (yes I have lived in London, Oxford, Newbury, Shrewsbury, Cardiff as well). We have seen the lowness of theft from hospitals.

There is the worry of a coup d'etat of course
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024