Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your favourite Swansea City season 01:46 - Mar 22 with 921 viewsTNT

'76 was mine.

Then we had '81...

… and then '11 with four awesome seasons in the top flight.

It's hard to choose one, so I have to go for the first season in Division One, and the first season in The Premier League.

I won't be here forever obviously, but if our future fans enjoy our journey as I have, yes it's a rollercoaster, but they'll be in for a treat.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 1:56]

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Your favourite Swansea City season on 07:42 - Mar 22 with 846 viewspencoedjack

European tour year for me
Your favourite Swansea City season on 07:51 - Mar 22 with 836 viewssainthelens

First season in div 1 with Tosh. As a teenager with all my mates. All of us spending what money we had not missing any away trips. A million stories/situations that'll live with me forever.
Your favourite Swansea City season on 08:03 - Mar 22 with 826 viewssplJack

Your favourite Swansea City season on 07:51 - Mar 22 by sainthelens

First season in div 1 with Tosh. As a teenager with all my mates. All of us spending what money we had not missing any away trips. A million stories/situations that'll live with me forever.

2011 for me.

The run in to promotion had loads of highlights, beating Leeds 3-0, Forest 2nd leg, the scum bottling it the following night then the final. It was almost too good to be true.
Your favourite Swansea City season on 12:09 - Mar 22 with 750 viewsthornabyswan

Your favourite Swansea City season on 08:03 - Mar 22 by splJack

2011 for me.

The run in to promotion had loads of highlights, beating Leeds 3-0, Forest 2nd leg, the scum bottling it the following night then the final. It was almost too good to be true.

78 for me

Robbie James Alan Curtis Wyndham Charlo Tommy Smith Ian Callaghan Tosh Alan Waddle Crudgeington in goal.

The win at White Hart Lane the Swansea song came out clinching promotion against Chesterfield fantastic season.

I was only 12 then but that was my favourite.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 12:10]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Your favourite Swansea City season on 16:27 - Mar 22 with 666 viewsDr_Winston

12/13 - Glorious (mostly) football and first major trophy

10/11 - Promotion to the PL

07/08 - Promotion from League 1

05/06 - 100+ goals in all comps and a trophy win

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Your favourite Swansea City season on 16:38 - Mar 22 with 661 viewsCatullus

I can't single just one season out. There are so many great memories some of them seem greater because of the non football things that went hand in hand with them.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Your favourite Swansea City season on 16:44 - Mar 22 with 658 viewsmonmouth

The promotion season in 1980/81. The last two games against Luton and Preston are etched on my memory, and what a team that was, with such a mix of local lads. The first time was the best time. Also the following season when you could just drive up on the day and rock up at OT, Anfield, Maine Road etc and take your life in your hands. Some great mates and so much joy.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 21:07]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Your favourite Swansea City season on 18:52 - Mar 22 with 619 viewsKilkennyjack

1977-78

Includes Swans 8 Hartlepool 0

Division 4 - but I thought we were the best team in the world that night.
Crowd was over 7,000.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Your favourite Swansea City season on 19:24 - Mar 22 with 592 viewsswan65split

Your favourite Swansea City season on 16:38 - Mar 22 by Catullus

I can't single just one season out. There are so many great memories some of them seem greater because of the non football things that went hand in hand with them.

This , theres been a few memorable Seasons up there, my choice may not be agreed by everyone, but for me (not just 1) it has to be under Harry Griffiths, a total blast from the Seasons we had before he took the helm, and for me he was the one who fired the start pistol, for the Toshack reign,
Your favourite Swansea City season on 11:39 - Mar 23 with 488 viewsBadlands

2013/14 Loved the European adventure and made some very good friend in unexpected places.
Romania was amazing (although the result wasn't .... Donnelley )
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 11:40]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024