Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Online library services free 10:10 - Mar 23 with 2608 viewsPacemaker

For your info especially for those who are isolated at the moment.

Online library services are provided free to all residents within Wales by your local authorities, this includes access to e books, magazines, audiobooks etc.

Just search within your local authorities website for online library services register and away you go, I have used it for a while it’s pretty good.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Online library services free on 08:12 - Mar 24 with 2505 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What better time than to expand one’s knowledge. I’m going to attempt rob finish that Duolingo Greek course. May move on the Welsh after that

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Online library services free on 08:13 - Mar 24 with 2502 viewsdickythorpe

Great!!! Many elderly and vulnerable aren't online or even if they are they have crap or no signal.

Bring back the mobile van
Online library services free on 08:50 - Mar 24 with 2483 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Online library services free on 08:13 - Mar 24 by dickythorpe

Great!!! Many elderly and vulnerable aren't online or even if they are they have crap or no signal.

For every silver lining eh .....

Negativity your thing Dicky??

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Online library services free on 09:04 - Mar 24 with 2470 viewsdickythorpe

Online library services free on 08:50 - Mar 24 by Brynmill_Jack

For every silver lining eh .....

Negativity your thing Dicky??

Oh Bryn mun do you not agree ?

How many positive threads do you start then Bryn?

Not many

Don't feel inferior on here ok?
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 9:38]
Online library services free on 10:07 - Mar 24 with 2443 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It would be a mobile Coronavirus express.

All library books have plastic covers so the virus would sit there waiting for the elderly. Most of them have a house full of old books anyway.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Online library services free on 10:42 - Mar 24 with 2423 viewsdickythorpe

Online library services free on 10:07 - Mar 24 by Joe_bradshaw

It would be a mobile Coronavirus express.

All library books have plastic covers so the virus would sit there waiting for the elderly. Most of them have a house full of old books anyway.

Indeed. Looking at footage on the news the building sites that are still open could be building "coronavirus towers"
Online library services free on 15:05 - Mar 24 with 2383 viewsPacemaker

All local authorities have had to close down libraries, they are almost all used as social hubs as much as anything, my Mother is almost 80 on her own since my dads death and isolated at the moment, the fact she can use FaceTime to speak to her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren is a boon however she loves reading and audiobooks.

This facility is a fantastic opportunity to download magazines, books and audiobooks the local authorities should be congratulated.

As has been pointed out the mobile van would no doubt provide an ideal virus spreader over a vast area to some of the most vulnerable people.

Not one of your best suggestions Dick.

Online library services free on 15:12 - Mar 24 with 2373 viewsDarran

Online library services free on 15:05 - Mar 24 by Pacemaker

All local authorities have had to close down libraries, they are almost all used as social hubs as much as anything, my Mother is almost 80 on her own since my dads death and isolated at the moment, the fact she can use FaceTime to speak to her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren is a boon however she loves reading and audiobooks.

This facility is a fantastic opportunity to download magazines, books and audiobooks the local authorities should be congratulated.

As has been pointed out the mobile van would no doubt provide an ideal virus spreader over a vast area to some of the most vulnerable people.

Port Talbot Library is a brilliant social hub I go there regularly.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Online library services free on 15:54 - Mar 24 with 2348 viewsdickythorpe

Online library services free on 15:05 - Mar 24 by Pacemaker

Sorry to hear about your mother. I like many others on here no longer have one.
Cherish every day .

I was only saying not all the elderly have great internet access or skills with technology down here in West Wales.

Stay safe.
Online library services free on 16:15 - Mar 24 with 2338 viewsPacemaker

Online library services free on 15:54 - Mar 24 by dickythorpe

Sorry to hear about your mother. I like many others on here no longer have one.
Cherish every day .

I was only saying not all the elderly have great internet access or skills with technology down here in West Wales.

Stay safe.

Thanks Dicky, sorry I was a bit short with you, it is a bit stressful living so far away and not being able to support her in the way she always supported us.

She is 80 next week, we are not going to be able to anything with her and the day after that is the first anniversary of my fathers death. They were together 60 years and now she finds herself in this mess.

Online library services free on 16:31 - Mar 24 with 2319 viewsdickythorpe

No need to apologize Pace, it's just a tiny minority on here are very quick to have a pop and try in an infantile way to trip up the more regular posters and thread starters.
No doubt they wish they had it in them to be more rounded.....ah well it takes all sorts.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 16:45]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024