Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOT's in this coronavirus age 21:41 - Mar 23 with 4172 viewsdickythorpe

If your car was due say tomorrow for a MOT are you still legally entitled to drive?
MOT's in this coronavirus age on 08:36 - Mar 24 with 1081 viewsJackFish

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 04:28 - Mar 24 by epaul

Garages to stay open

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52012432

Ah. Had my MOT booked this morning and the garage have phoned to tell me they're not open.
MOT's in this coronavirus age on 08:46 - Mar 24 with 1069 viewsItchySphincter

Got mine done about two weeks ago in anticipation. Pointless really as I can’t go anywhere really but it was just about the only thing that I can put down as a positive in the last month.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 09:12 - Mar 24 with 1048 viewsepaul

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 08:46 - Mar 24 by ItchySphincter

Got mine done about two weeks ago in anticipation. Pointless really as I can’t go anywhere really but it was just about the only thing that I can put down as a positive in the last month.

Petrol now down to 1.02 a litre, another positive for me as working for the foresable future, so I filled up

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 09:19 - Mar 24 with 1039 viewsFireboy2

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 09:12 - Mar 24 by epaul

Petrol now down to 1.02 a litre, another positive for me as working for the foresable future, so I filled up

Nice one, I too am working and this is a positive as i do a 60 mile round trip to work.
MOT's in this coronavirus age on 10:14 - Mar 24 with 1002 viewssainthelens

Just took mine for pre booked mot to my local garage. The mechanic informed me that he's heard from Friday all garages could be closed. And that a cover note for anyone without an mot would be available.
Mind you, he's generally a miserable cvnt so not sure how much weight in all that.
MOT's in this coronavirus age on 10:23 - Mar 24 with 985 viewspencoedjack

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 10:14 - Mar 24 by sainthelens

Just took mine for pre booked mot to my local garage. The mechanic informed me that he's heard from Friday all garages could be closed. And that a cover note for anyone without an mot would be available.
Mind you, he's generally a miserable cvnt so not sure how much weight in all that.

Fuk just had 2 new tyres fitted (garage was open) in preparation for my MOT Monday
MOT's in this coronavirus age on 10:24 - Mar 24 with 983 viewsFireboy2

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 10:14 - Mar 24 by sainthelens

My car is booked in for a service on thursday, my mechanic has said they are waiting on suppliers before deciding on whether to shut.
MOT's in this coronavirus age on 10:54 - Mar 24 with 965 viewscontroversial_jack

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 10:24 - Mar 24 by Fireboy2

My car is booked in for a service on thursday, my mechanic has said they are waiting on suppliers before deciding on whether to shut.

I just had a call from Sinclair saying my service on thursday is cancelled as they are shutting for 3 weeks
Login to get fewer ads

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 11:28 - Mar 24 with 929 viewsJack123

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-vehicle-approval-tests?fbclid=I

Vehicle approval tests are suspended for up to 3 months due to coronavirus - but tests are available for vehicles that are critical to the COVID-19 response.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 11:33]

libera nos a malo

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 11:35 - Mar 24 with 921 viewssainthelens

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 11:28 - Mar 24 by Jack123

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-vehicle-approval-tests?fbclid=I

Vehicle approval tests are suspended for up to 3 months due to coronavirus - but tests are available for vehicles that are critical to the COVID-19 response.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 11:33]

That is NOT an mot. People need to read carefully.
MOT's in this coronavirus age on 11:41 - Mar 24 with 916 viewsSoberBaker

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 11:35 - Mar 24 by sainthelens

That is NOT an mot. People need to read carefully.

Indeed.

The bit that says... "Vehicle approval tests are not the same as MOT tests, which check your vehicle meets road safety and environmental standards each year. The Department for Transport is keeping MOT testing for cars, motorcycles and light vans under review. Check back for updates."

...sort of gives it away

AMOW

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 11:42 - Mar 24 with 912 viewsstevethejack

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51176409

About UK MOT, why link states Asia, I don't know.

How do you MOT a vehicle if the garage is closed? - W. Burgher, Christchurch
Garages are allowed to remain open under the new restrictions. MOTs have been suspended for lorries, buses and trailers for up to three months, and MOT testing for cars, motorcycles and light vans is under review.

The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) has also suspended driving and motorcycle tests in England, Scotland and Wales for up to three months from 21 March 2020, except for critical workers.

All practical driving tests are also currently suspended in Northern Ireland until 22 June 2020.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 11:44]
MOT's in this coronavirus age on 20:46 - Mar 24 with 819 viewsBillyChong

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 09:12 - Mar 24 by epaul

Where?!
MOT's in this coronavirus age on 21:26 - Mar 24 with 789 viewschad

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 20:46 - Mar 24 by BillyChong

Where?!

Asda and Morrisons
MOT's in this coronavirus age on 21:28 - Mar 24 with 784 viewsFireboy2

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 21:26 - Mar 24 by chad

Asda and Morrisons

Tesco's near me is still 117 a litre for diesel.

They normally follow suit quickly.
MOT's in this coronavirus age on 06:13 - Mar 25 with 732 viewsjackal

I had an MOT booked for April 14th.

Sinclair Audi phoned me yesterday to postpone, saying that they are stopping all work until further notice.
MOT's in this coronavirus age on 09:29 - Mar 25 with 693 viewsSirjohnalot

Transport Secretary has just announced a six month extension to MOTs from end of March
MOT's in this coronavirus age on 09:43 - Mar 25 with 687 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/breaking-drivers-6-month-exemption-21750396
MOT's in this coronavirus age on 09:49 - Mar 25 with 684 viewsNeathJack

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 10:59 - Mar 25 with 643 viewsbuilthjack

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 09:49 - Mar 25 by NeathJack

Only from 30th March. So if yours is due before that it has to be tested.
With a lot of garages closed.
You couldn't fcking write it. More Fck ups every day.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 11:46 - Mar 25 with 622 viewsmagicdaps10

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 10:59 - Mar 25 by builthjack

Only from 30th March. So if yours is due before that it has to be tested.
With a lot of garages closed.
You couldn't fcking write it. More Fck ups every day.

Let's be fair anyone who's MOT is due before the 30th but not taken it, they would have learned a valuable lesson from this........ You have a month before its renewal to take it SO don't leave it so late.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 13:24 - Mar 25 with 597 viewsstevethejack

Mrs car due on 6th April, will still have it MOT'd if the garage is still doing it.
MOT's in this coronavirus age on 14:12 - Mar 25 with 580 viewsSoberBaker

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 13:24 - Mar 25 by stevethejack

Mrs car due on 6th April, will still have it MOT'd if the garage is still doing it.

Be careful with that one...

If it fails and it needs a part and the supplier isn't open you are royally f*cked!

AMOW

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 14:25 - Mar 25 with 575 viewsstevethejack

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 14:12 - Mar 25 by SoberBaker

Be careful with that one...

If it fails and it needs a part and the supplier isn't open you are royally f*cked!

The day before getting new brake pads/discs, a tyre and a pre-MOT so should be OK.

Will still be getting the work done, may swerve the MOT test - thanks for the advice.
MOT's in this coronavirus age on 14:31 - Mar 25 with 569 viewsSoberBaker

MOT's in this coronavirus age on 14:25 - Mar 25 by stevethejack

The day before getting new brake pads/discs, a tyre and a pre-MOT so should be OK.

Will still be getting the work done, may swerve the MOT test - thanks for the advice.

I would.

Just had a customer ring me.

She's got a 2016 Renault - On Monday, Halfords failed it on a driveshaft gaiter. Only place you can get the part is from Renault dealer - Renault dealer closed! Oh and if she could get it done - Halfords have just closed too so are unable to do a retest.

She's f*cked!
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 14:31]

AMOW

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024